• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash (r)Evolution: A Sydney Tournament

S.D

Smash Master
I'll probably have 3 or 4 coming with me (incl. Jelly and Daz from SCAB).

Might be able to bring wii and brawl - if my PAL version is good to go by then, but taking a tv on the train from Newcastle would be an effort.

Bjay

Smash Lord
This thread needs a little BUMP to hopefully catch the eye more of Sydney lurkers ;)

adiabatic

Smash Rookie
woo! it's a sunday! i can come to this one then, count me in!

I'll be rusty as hell (i haven't played since the last tournament at uts :laugh:) but I should be able to make it once i figure out how to get there by public transport.

I can bring my wii if required, no chance of me bringing a tv but, sorry.

trigor

Smash Rookie
wow havnt been to these fourms in while.. .. i should be able to come on the sunday.. only just got brawl but and havnt played melee in ages .. so probly wont be any good

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
oi is this thing not too far from bondi station, cause im gonna be rate hungover and tired sunday morning and dont particurarly feel like walking too far.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah it's definitely very close.

Wait, didn't you go to the last one Turtle? o_O Or did you go by like car with a tv or something?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Tourney tomorrow! Woo!

Ill have the chair problem covered, so dont worry about that...and yeah apart from that nothing has really changed...Ill see you all tomorrow

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey Simon, I bought a DSLR during my adventures.. we can be like, Nikon brothers now! Entry level D-40 Silver btw, but I already know how to use all of its advanced functions!

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Xeno, Get My N64 Stuff Back To Me Tommorow Ok?

EDIT: MAJOR ****INGLY ANNOYING COINCIDENCE. CAPOEIRA RELATED EVENT TOMMOROW, BIG CHEESE OF THE SCHOOL FLYING IN FROM BRAZIL, -1 WII/ BROARL AND -1 ZAIDOU = MASSIVE MESS UP IN PLANNING. REAL SORRY GUYS. NOT MUCH I CAN DO. THEREFORE, XENO DON'T BOTHER WITH MY STUF, NOT UNTIL THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Cao: They are really great aren't they? I loved messing around with all the features and stuff, its gonna populate your facebook isnt it?

That really sucks Zaidou, but props to your dedication to your school.

Shaya: You turn left, towards Westfield. Its on the street that runs between the two Westfield towers, but after Westfield itself...if you get my meaning.

If anyone gets lost call me on 0415579322...

See you all tomorrow

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
This thread needs a little BUMP to hopefully catch the eye more of Sydney lurkers ;)
Haha, lurkers like me. ;D

Oh well. I guess I've never posted here before so nobody knows me, but on the off-chance anyone actually reads this before the tourney tomorrow, I just want to say I'll be heading over to Bondi to check it out. I've been meaning to get into the whole smash community for a while now, so it should be interesting (at least for me, as you'll all likely walk all over me. :p)

I won't be hard to spot. I'll be the timid redhead with the white GCN controller and a decisive knack to get (much) louder as the day progresses. :3

Bjay

Smash Lord
Haha, lurkers like me. ;D

Oh well. I guess I've never posted here before so nobody knows me, but on the off-chance anyone actually reads this before the tourney tomorrow, I just want to say I'll be heading over to Bondi to check it out. I've been meaning to get into the whole smash community for a while now, so it should be interesting (at least for me, as you'll all likely walk all over me. :p)

I won't be hard to spot. I'll be the timid redhead with the white GCN controller and a decisive knack to get (much) louder as the day progresses. :3
Awesome!

Looking forward to meet you. I hope to have some matches with you :)

Don't feel too bad if it's your first time as everyone starts somewhere but from there on you can only work your way up.

EDIT - I will also have a white controller :p

EDIT 2 - I think several people will have white controllers! Yay or nay?!

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
I am signing these people up in this tournament for the 29th, they're signing up under the names
- Shh dayyy
- Mantastic
- Uncle Chop Chop
- Red Panda

See you there!

netch!

Smash Cadet
i didn't come, sorry :(

i was planning to bring my wii and tv as a surprise too but i woke up with a headache and DIARRHOEA

i mean seriously wtf, i'm never eating kfc again

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Wow, that was interesting and fun.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to play you, Bjay. Actually, I couldn't figure out who you were for like the whole day, and then on the way home I recalled someone calling out to you and had this facepalming realisation. It was quite different from a meetup for another site I recently went to where I already knew everyone; loads harder to open up and find out who's who when you've never met them before or even know what they look like. But maybe next time, eh?

And crap, Kulla has like the wickedest Meta Knight I have ever seen. Seriously, wow...

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hey e_alert were you the guy that showed up a little later?

If so I think I know who you are, otherwise I have no clue...

No need to apologise for not being able to have a match with me. Excluding my required matches I didn't really have any (too lazy lol), though I had friendlies here and there but yeah ._. I don't think I was easy to spot if you didn't know who I was due to not using my tag too (I was using my alternate tag 'Chi')..I think I only used my tag once.

I think you know who I am..just to clarify it I was the asian guy with spiky hair and had a green hoody on.

Ergh my net is capped...'mini' shoutouts later or something? I cba this time with my 'essay' shoutouts.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I showed up right before 11. But you're definitely who I eventually figured you were.

If it helps, I went by EA, and I was watching one of your friendlies near/at (didn't have time to stay for prizes etc lol) the end of the finals bracket, sitting on the other side of who you were playing. I was pretty much the only spectator left by that point, so if you still don't know, I'll probably have to approach you next time or something. Nice Wario btw. :3

Bjay

Smash Lord
I showed up right before 11. But you're definitely who I eventually figured you were.

If it helps, I went by EA, and I was watching one of your friendlies near/at (didn't have time to stay for prizes etc lol) the end of the finals bracket, sitting on the other side of who you were playing. I was pretty much the only spectator left by that point, so if you still don't know, I'll probably have to approach you next time or something. Nice Wario btw. :3
it does a bit though I can't help but think of 'EA Games' which comes to my head first lol.

Oh I think I know who you are (was your hair tied in any way?).

Least you know who I am now :p Say hi next time xD

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Haha, I get that a lot about that nick, but it's just a shortening of e_alert, I swear! xD

And yeah, my hair was tied; bunned. It's a silly bun that I never see anyone use, but heck it's easy to do up.

I will definitely say hi next time. :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I never got to play either of you. ;__; For the last time Bjay, I will EVENTUALLY get my revenge. >=D

Still, it was pretty fun, and was also organised far better than SCAB lol. Great job Fork! And uh... get that hand of yours checked out...

I'll post a proper shoutout tomorrow. I have to get up for work at 5am. >.<

adiabatic

Smash Rookie
apologies i couldn't make it to this one, had a late night out on saturday and wasn't in any condition to brawl...woke up at about 1030 so i figured it was a bit too late by then.

sorry guys

forky

Smash Apprentice
*raises hands in triumphant forfeit due to nerve spasms*

I had my moment of shine anyway, it was a great day guys - shoutouts later.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Heh, sorry about the lateness of the results... I had work today, anyway without further ado...

Singles:
First: Kulla
Second: Meteor Master
Third: Jaz

Doubles:
First: Bruce Lee 4 Ever - Kulla and Tsax
Second: PKSnake - Sam and Meteor Master
Third: Bjork - Bjay and Fork

But yeah, great tourney everyone, grats to everyone who made a placing, and thanks to everyone else who came along and played some good games. Thanks to the people at Revolution CD for hosting us, it ran smoothly and on time, though a few more rounds of swiss woulda been good... A note for the next tourney: We really need people to bring TVs, try and get lifts... It really kinda screwed us over.

I'll do some shoutouts later, too tired right now...

Top Bottom