• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash (r)Evolution: A Sydney Tournament

netch!

Smash Cadet
Everything is good compared to Naruto.

But oh wait, that's just, my opinion, you know, guy.

Honestly, every show has some good 'moments'. Naruto however is a horror beyond belief.
it is, but, pokemon?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Pokemon!!!

Meowth! That's right!
>_>

I suspect you are a pokemon basher. Welcome to the world of the internets.
What do you like about Pokemon?

Misty? May? Lorelei?
They got nice bodies though. [/sarcasm - this is anime!]

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Gonna make my post tomorrow due to a recent effort into putting more work into it to make it....dare i say...cute?! Stay tuned

Also...I meant pokemon stadium one...I is foolish

Bjay

Smash Lord
Haha the suspense! THE SUSPENSE!

Ooh at least it's a typo :p

Oiii as a fan of Naruto but as a fan of Pokemon too - they are both awesome :)

hmm cute eh simon? The plot thickens!

So we're possibly look at this as our neutral stage set:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island

not bad le. :)

PS: Fun-Gi, minus Pokemon Stadium, the stages I mentioned just happens to be the stageset for SCAB!

Jaz

Smash Ace
thank god about pkmn2

anyway, i dun really mind pokemon1 bar the windmill so i dun really think its neutral...

buuut, the pit on the earth stage is something that people take advantage of, I'm really not sure bout it aye,
so until it gimps me at a tournament I'm 50/50 on it being allowed

thats right! i'm sitting on the fence!!! yayhuz!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Ugh... Luigi's Mansion is full of tight spaces, people will just use cheap moves to juggle you into the roof.

And the revamped windmill in Poke Stadium 1 is bull****, not to mention the water theme seems to show up more than any other type for me. DX

I would assume, as always Halberd will remain neutral? If so, I'm set.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the first page has been updated with details and ramblings of a mad man, forgive my grammer if you find any mistakes in there...im a pretty bad writer...

Few questions to anyone who knows:
How do you change the thread title?
How do you change the font size/add colour?
Also...how do you add pictures...which is also the reason why no photos from the SCAB tourney were posted by me.

Ok yeah...I dont really like Pokemans 1 it gimps, it gets in the way and infinates can occur, in my opinion counter-pick.

MM: Halberd was never neutral
Luigi's Mansion is pretty broken, the walls slow attacks and the roof allows for stupid combos and for people to live to ridiculous percentages.

Jaz

Smash Ace
click on go advanced under the window you post in and most of the options are available,

to put in images you have to have them uploaded on the net somewhere, type
and it should work

edit: F*ck PSYDUCK!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
**SYDNEY RULESETS TO BE DISCUSSED**
Counter Picking stages should be discussed, I don’t really any of them to actually play tourney matches on…but at the same time, its kinda hard to ban so many stages by myself…so this should become our discussion…in the Sydney thread.
lame stages... i propose fd bf ys sv andddd that stage where u fight on the back of the ship and thatll do. yep sounds great oh and delfino plaza isnt too bad
i think we're in agreeance anyone who'd pick one of those counter stages is rate gay

forky

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to put a dark word down as well, Simon's awesome update of the first page has all the rules.

What i'd like to impress is how seriously i take breaking those rules. They are in place for the enjoyment of everyone. All our officials also have this view, and will enforce them as such. Anyone not obeying them will be removed from the venue VERY quickly. As a note, that's just serious talk, we have never had to actually enforce anything ever yet, so please keep it that way because we have a hankerin for some enforcerin.

I'd also like to re-impress how grateful we are to Kaneri and all the girls @ revolution CD for allowing us to do this. They allow everyone use of their space. Please everyone uphold the smash communities reputation, and please don't trash the store, don't run around knocking stuff over, don't vomit on their counter. They were smiling at the end of Smash Revolution, and i greatly expect them to twice as happy with this next tournament.

As a final part of my post ...

SHAMELESS ADVERTISEMENT

Brawl Pre-orders: Just mentioning again the great folk at Revolution CD are doing this for $80. I know everyone doesn't want to be sucked in to EB or JB foolishness and trade in their old games, so dont! Pre-order Brawl at Revo CD now and recieve a hug! (Someone will hug you, sometime, I promise.)

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
One of TEH GIRLZ?!?!?!eleven

This big announcement on Wednesday is Unleaning My Leaning Tower of Pisa, so to Speak.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Is it okay if I buy Brawl from Revo on the day of the Tournament? Sort of saves me time going back and forth and what not.

S.D

Smash Master
Ah Simon, I did like your philosphical approach to this (r)evolutionary tournament.

Sign me up, I daresay I will have nothing else on that day

Fun-Gi

Smash Rookie
Yayz, details.
Any estimates of how many Brawl's we'll probably have on the day? More than 5 would be nice... :p
The more brawls the merrier (and the more rounds ^_^).
Should be much fun.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
MM: Halberd was never neutral
Luigi's Mansion is pretty broken, the walls slow attacks and the roof allows for stupid combos and for people to live to ridiculous percentages.

Woah, my bad... I meant to say counterpick, but my hands typed neutral...

Bjay

Smash Lord
hehe I just noticed the name of this tournament ain't really much different from the first revo tourney xD

forky

Smash Apprentice
I think the plan was to bracket the e for the next one.

Smash R(e)volution.

The e is for awesome.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to shut down name ideas :(, I just thought I had an interesting concept to write about and tried to work it into the name...I think it kinda worked... but yeah...when you speak the name of this tourney...the (r) is silent.

I'll be bringing my copy of Brawl. Also...with the copies coming...who hasnt unlocked the random stage selection thingy? Cause you really need to :p

Bjay

Smash Lord
Sorry to shut down name ideas :(, I just thought I had an interesting concept to write about and tried to work it into the name...I think it kinda worked... but yeah...when you speak the name of this tourney...the (r) is silent.

I'll be bringing my copy of Brawl. Also...with the copies coming...who hasnt unlocked the random stage selection thingy? Cause you really need to :p
Stu :p

Stu just needs Spear Pillar and he's got Random Stage Selection!

Dedu

Smash Lord
O.R.L.Y R.A.N.D.O.M.S F.T.L
C.A.P.S.L.O.C.K.F.O.R.C.R.U.I.S.E.C.O.N.T.R.O.L >_>

Kulla rules with those O.A.R.S.U.M philoquasimetaphysical concepts on first page!
Spear Pillar how to get?
Play moar Pokemons?

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
Just checking one last time: Is there going to be any Melee whatsoever at this tournament? Don't think so, but just being sure.

Dedu

Smash Lord
>_>;

I'll be going there just for the photos! ^_^
Will there be an afterparty?

Jaz

Smash Ace
I'm in 1 Tv and 1 brawl

can we get a count up of Tvs to Wii's please sim, we don't want to have a bad ratio like last time .___.

EDIT: ELi is coming i'm teaming with him

DOUBLE EDIT!

WILL THERE BE CHAIRS?!

forky

Smash Apprentice
Oh ... and we forgot controllers!@ BYO CONTROLLER!

If you don't know this yet, you do now, you will find most players do not want to share their controller due to large amounts of sweat that end up being on them after a day of gaming, so bring your own, hug it, love it, pretend it's your best friend. Because without one, you may be harder pressed at playing!!!

(Note: There are always spare controls, or a friend that'll let you use one, but try organize to borrow one specifically for you on the day, as yeah, it can be a bit disgusting holding hours worth of someone elses sweat in your hands for 5 mins.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Ok I just updated a participants and tv/wii count on the first page, please anyone let me know if they have friends who are coming and.... if they can bring anything more...cause we really need it...

Also copies of brawl itself dont count...Cant play it without the wii...

And yeah...your own controls are always required

Top Bottom