• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on the Rocks - Date under Plans (Rocky Mount, NC)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
THIS IS A MELEE ONLY EVENT!

The only way Brawl can be here is if someone brings it and even at that point, there's no plan to have an event. One of you Brawl players will have to do some sort of side event if we can fit it in and it not hinder and advancement of the Melee Tournament.

Let me take care of the Copy/Paste ruleset first

CLICK TO READ THE RULES OF THIS TOURNAMENT
MBR Recommended Rule Set
Super Smash Brothers: Melee (Singles and Teams)

This is the updated and simplified recommended rule set for Super Smash Bros. Melee. This rule set is strictly recommended in an effort to maintain an encompassing standard for our vast community. This rule set is not for copying into a tournament thread, as some small personal tweaks will still need to be addressed. These are dependent solely on the Tournament Host and any authorized assistance.

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
  • Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
  • The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System

1. Blind Picks character selection.
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
  3. The first match is played.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
  5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
  7. The losing player picks character.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Recommendations to Tournament Hosts

• Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regards to the tournament. In other words, players are responsible for:

1. Being familiar with the rule set and stage list
    2. Entrance and venue fees
    3. Arriving on time
    4. Maintaining personal hygiene
    5. Controllers and Character Knowledge
    6. Minimizing Johns

• Sets are usually based on brackets which may be seeded at the Tournament Host's discretion. If your tournament is any other format, make a note to advertise it accordingly.
  • Some kind of stalling prevention is highly recommended. Since a definition of stalling is too potentially ambiguous here, all instances of stalling are determined by the Tournament Host.
  • Unnecessary delays in a set should be discouraged. This can occur before (not playing a match) or during (taking an unnecessary amount of time to counter pick) and after (not reporting) a set that has been called. The Tournament Host is recommended to keep tabs on set completion.
  • No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the Tournament Host's attention.
  • When running a pool, the game count of each set in pool play should be recorded (i.e. whether the set was 2-0 or 2-1). Ranking in a pool is determined by the number of sets won. In case of a tie, the first tiebreaker is the win/loss ratio of the individual games, where the higher ratio wins. In the event of a tie in both set victories and match-up ratios, the player who won the set between the disputed players should advance.
  • The semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format.
  • Wireless controllers should be discouraged or banned because of interference, unreliability (battery life), and time hindrance.
  • The Tournament Host reserves the right at any time to make anyone leave the premises of the tournament.
  • For all Melee tournaments, use of the character Metaknight is banned.
WOBBLING IS BANNED, YO

SUP! It WAS L0ZR's Birthday! Guess how he celebrated? An amazing EIGHT HOUR SHIFT AT BEST BUY!

He still wants to hold it, and you'll see why. Just read below if you haven't already!

Dr.PeePee said:
Aw man! I'm so tired of where I'm at right now, I just want to make a random trip to Rocky Mount and bang Adam. But I don't want to do it alone. Maybe a tournament would help raise my ambition to make such a strenuous ride.
Guess what you Spicy Chikcen player? YOU JUST GOT A DEAL!

That's right! One of the Top Falco players in the WORLD is going to attend! Tall, and . . . umm . . . WELL LOOK AT THAT PICTURE! He's already fast AT LIFE no camera can touch him! You can't miss this opportunity to Stack Yo Self up against one of the best!

customer said:
Whoa. I wish I could meet L0zR AKA the dern best
Oh my god! You are just trying to kill us with expectations, but, we can bite. That's right! Your hearing hasn't faltered!

Home grown from North Carolina and one of the top players in the state since '04, ADAM! Rarely seeing an equal, he now demands you come to HIM for the challenge of a lifetime! A can in one hand, a controller in the other, he'll still have time to take that S he says he's always about to do! BE THERE!

lost soul said:
Where will this take place?
Ask and you shall receive! Y'all heard of it. Y'all dread it.

WELCOME TO THE DUNGEON! To your left is anguish, your right is despair, and in front of you is your life flashing! During the summer it's hotter than hell, and during the winter it's colder than a Busch Ice! Be ready for a venue like no other!

Actual Address

2173 Creekridge Drive
Rocky Mount, NC

ENTRY/VENUE FEE

Venue is gonna be $3

Entree fee to Singles will be $7

Entree fee for doubles will be $10 a team ($5 per person if y'all decided to split evenly, but y'all might do something different)

The pot will most likely be split amongst top three players in singles split being 60/30/10

Doubles will probably be split 70/30 amongst the top two teams.

These prices and pots are subject to minimal changes!

SCHEDULE

Be there before 12pm. We're looking to start seeing folks around 10am as we want to start Doubles around 12.

It's also pretty important Y'all bring as many set-ups as you can. We can get, like, 4, as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure they'll be a need for more.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unfortunately, there can be no alcohol in, about, or around THE DUNGEON.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Good shiz Zio on the first post. All you bits better come and play some dern smash bros aight? If this first tourney turns out to be a success i will try and keep them going every month or so.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Haven't really decided yet broman. Im guessing like maybe 5 or 7 for singles and i guess 10 or so for doubles(5 each).

What would you all like it to be? I want some input

Also for the venue fee i may charge like 2 or 3 bucks cause we have a kitchen in the garage so ill buy drinks snacks and such for everyone

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If it's a Melee-only event I think people should honestly be able to give out a little more and I doubt anyone minds making the competition a little more hype like that. =p I'll say 7.

A lot of people don't have a lot of extra money to bring so I guess that could be an issue, but I don't know if that 2 dollars really makes a difference.

Edit: DJ they have a tool for that.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Zio and I will discuss it more tonight when we go buy halo reach lol. We will update prolly late tonight after midnight

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aye.

I wanted DJs input, though, as to what he thought would be good with entry fee and venue fee since he does these things a small dorm (last I saw back in July).

Lightsyde

Smash Champion

Ask and you shall receive! Y'all heard of it. Y'all dread it. And no one knows who the hell gave it the name, but whatever!

WELCOME TO THE DUNGEON! To your left is anguish, your right is despair, and in front of you is your life flashing! During the summer it's hotter than hell, and during the winter it's colder than a Busch Ice! Be ready for a venue like no other!
Umm, I gave it the name. haha

All those long summer nights of 8+ hours of Falcon dittos with Adam when I just started. This will be so nostalgic for me.

Ahhhhhhhhh ****

You should really try to get Kory, Jeremy, Gerod, Thundaa, James and the Megz to attend.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Calling it the dungeon provided a good, I guess you can say, sales pitch right there.

I will pass on the news to all those people, though. See if they decide to at least make an appearance.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Updated OP with some valuable information on the bottom of the post.

Also - to all you Tournament operators out there - be of some help if you come to this.

I have laptop and will be getting Tio, but I still think we are gonna need some help running this thing. lol

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
mk.

i'll tell dshep about this. maybe i can get knorr here too. good idea/bad idea?
If triforce comes I will no doubt come. Maybe I can get malk and knorr
Knorr, Matt, David, Crew YGO, ****

Updated OP with some valuable information on the bottom of the post.

Also - to all you Tournament operators out there - be of some help if you come to this.

I have laptop and will be getting Tio, but I still think we are gonna need some help running this thing. lol
I have tio...

Top Bottom