• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH @ MONASH - Smash4, Project M, Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
The venue is the same as the one it was last time
For anyone that went that's the theatres. I would like someone to bring a table or two to make this better.
There's still places to setup it just means it will be less comfortable. I'll do a better job allocating space this time.

PREFERABLY
Bring a beanbag or cushion for yourself and we can just set up TV's on the floor all over the place ezpz

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Is there any chance that smash 4 singles can start at the same time as melee singles at all? I'm proabably not able to show up until about 4:30-5 pm. And I think most people I planned on bringing would still have school at 2:30 D:.

I can bring my WiiU, but I have a flatscreen tv which I got told would lag. Although personally it doesnt feel bad to me.

Splice

Smash Hero
Is there any chance that smash 4 singles can start at the same time as melee singles at all? I'm proabably not able to show up until about 4:30-5 pm. And I think most people I planned on bringing would still have school at 2:30 D:.

I can bring my WiiU, but I have a flatscreen tv which I got told would lag. Although personally it doesnt feel bad to me.
it does not matter if something may lag
pls bring whatever you have :)

I can swap melee and smash4 but it will be hard to do smash 4 doubles then but we'll see.

That's a shame Viva but I really appreciate you letting me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
D

Deez1

Hi Billy. Could you please put my name down for Smash 4 tournament. And maybe doubles.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I just can't just make it till 5:00 due to having work stuff happening. Also most people can't show till then either. Talk to me on Skype tonight Billy =)

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Hey Splice. I can bring a Console / Adapter / Smash 4 set up . Only issue is, I can't get to Monash until 7pm (due to work). I could bring the gear but could I still enter Smash 4 singles at that time?

Also, i haven't been to Monash in like... ever... Where would be the best place to park? And do we have to pay for parking at Monash?

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
  • Quote from one of the SVGA dudes:
"if you head down forster road past the bunnings and take a left at the end, enter monash that way and there is a carpark just off to your right, that said if you drive around you will see plenty of carparks (most of them will be full until end of office hours)
as long as the parking space is blue you can park in it no problems, otherwise you will need to look at the signs"

http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/maps/3-Claytoncolour.pdf
this map also has some parking details on it

If you rock up at 7pm, I can only hold up the bracket if other people are staying all night so we can finish it.
It should be ok because we really have all night, but I will have to decide based on setups. Either way it will be a good opportunity for friendlies. Are you also bringing a Monitor?

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
I could bring a Monitor but its a small one. OK for singles but maybe too small for doubles.

I also have a projector with HDMI input

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
I won't be there in time for tournaments but i'll be there later if anyone is hanging around for games? Can also give 2D fighter 101s again if anyone is interested :D

Splice

Smash Hero
Please bring the monitor, you can bring the projector if its no trouble but I'm not 100% sure we'll use it.
Thanks man

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Please bring the monitor, you can bring the projector if its no trouble but I'm not 100% sure we'll use it.
Thanks man
No problems, just bare in mind that Ill be there at 7pm. Keep a spot open for me in Smash 4 Singles ;)

Last edited:

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991

Pins kinda remind me of Sonic's up throw... and this lols. :D

But I'm pretty eager to get right into another tournament :D I've been enjoying myself since I started attending Monthlies :D Cant wait! :4sonic::4peach::4palutena:

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Good old DBZ, just rewatched dragonball recently :p

Btw tomorrow I'll be at the venue around 5-5:30ish. I was told the parking isn't very close, so I might need a hand carrying my TV and console crap in.

Pls Pls and Thankyou <3

:4rob::4rob::4rob:

Also forgot to note, bf is giving me a HD capture on the weekend. If we dont have a recording setup, save all the replays on my wii and I'll record and upload when I can. If Shane can bring his, then fantastic :p

Last edited:

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
If I'm lucky, I'll be buying a capture card tomorrow, so I'll be another candidate for replays and uploading, though my upload isn't fantastic so it would take a bit of time.

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Ive got an elgato Capture Card HD too. I do make YT videos after all. Saving replys to my console is also an option.

Splice

Smash Hero
RESULTS:
S@M 3 - Smash 4 Singles : http://challonge.com/oioioiio
S@M 3 - Smash 4 Doubles : http://challonge.com/oioioiio2
S@M 3 - Project M Singles : http://i.imgur.com/iBLoqLI.png
S@M 3 - Melee Singles : http://i.imgur.com/ZXD9ryL.png

note: I can't recreate Melee and Project M brackets in challonge because I moved players around in losers bracket to ensure a better tournament experience.
The one oversight was Timic should have vs'd MattG and Kyle should have played 1am% in losers round 4 Melee based on what had happened in winners earlier (Timic already played 1am%)

Player specific shoutouts later, but supreme shoutouts to Sarah.
You have her to thank about Smash 4 Singles being ran tight and fast and for doubles happening at all.
Also for driving the 5 CRT's of mine that we used for the PM and Melee tournaments.
Thanks to all the Smash 4 community especially for being prepared to bring consoles and monitors you did a great job, I was worried about people being unwilling to bring these things. Thanks heaps.

OFC thanks to everyone that showed up, only with your support and numbers does the event become worthwhile.
11 entrants for Project M
16 entrants for Melee
29 entrats for Smash4

Thankyou everyone

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
were smash wii u finals played out?
Whoops, the bracket wasn't fully updated, apologizes. Tibs won, Splice was second. Bracket was made on Splice's Challonge account, I'll get him to update it when I catch him next.

Splice

Smash Hero
Been having a good time all day, bracket is now updated (Tibs 3-0'd me twice)
Sorry about that Dean!

Splice

Smash Hero
New event tomorrow.
It's a chill one so don't fuss about the short notice.
I plan to run a Melee tournament with prizes, and we can do other stuff if people want to.

I do not promise that there will be any smash4 - I won't be running it, sorry.

It's at the engineering halls this time; better than last time for a tournament, better venue than the brunswick place actually, friggin' huge. Pizza at 5pm. I'll start running events at 2pm, but I'll be there earlier for friendlies. Let me know if you're coming later though, time is flexible.

Please lmk if you're coming
If no-one is interested then dont worry about it
So far only ppl confirmed and me and forte

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
If only Forte is using Falcon then I'm more likely to come.

Seriously though I may be able to attend this one. Can bring Melee/PM with no TV.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Coming a bit late. Still got my setup, I'll have a tough time finding you guys too so idk when I'd be at the place.

GGs to everyone I played with, small event, the eng hall is definitely better than the previous location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom