• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH @ MONASH - Smash4, Project M, Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
previous location sucked and was supposed to be at the Engineering Halls too but we got stooged at the last moment.
Not keen to run a tourney at the theatres again. That was hard.
Felt so good to be back at the Engineering Halls again today, so big. Could host a major there.

Results and Brackets:
We did two Melee singles events; there was a few rounds of pools before Earl and Nicks rocked up, and some people from the pools left before the bracket. The pools may reflect the seeding for the bracket but they were more of a formality than anything.
Nevertheless there were some good games

Melee POOLS

Melee SINGLES BRACKET

Melee DOUBLES
1. Splice and Forte
2. Nicks and Earl
3. MattG and Hyes

-///-

Notes:
Afropony is still smart, nearly beat 1am% in poolsand nearly beat Dreadtech in bracket
In Singles DD nearly beat MattG and probably would have gotten 4th then. MattG played Fox and won, then Fox and lost, then switched to Pikachu, and won. last game last stock.
I used GnW the entire tournament until I vs'd Earl. He was too good ;__;
The Winner of the Singles was awarded a $50 note by Splice.
Dread didn't actually play MattG in losers bracket, he just went home.
I liked Matt-G's Fox
Forte and Matt G should have gone into losers bracket the other way around based on convention but I guess I ****ed up at the time so that's the big mistake with this bracket. This means I should have played Matt G before Forte.
16 People showed up to play total, including Attila who didn't actually play in any of the events, just came to chill out because he's a homie

Thanks everyone who turned up, surprisingly big turnout for one days notice tbh, you're all awesome

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Oh so that's afropony, that's sick I'm glad I got to play him. He obliterated me in neutral (baited my dumb approaches and poor spacing), and then whenever he was in the air without a double jump his stock mysteriously disappeared. "I don't know what to do" was his response, it wasn't a john, it was the truth. Poor afro... even though I managed to clutch it out, he should have won.

Dreadtech played well, and was able to adapt to my char switches. I only won game 1 from some weird Roy stuff and lucky hard reads. You definitely improved, damn shame you couldn't stay longer, I wanted some re-matches :p

DD was beating me somewhat early game one but suddenly his game plan/play-style changed and I was able to take advantage of it. DD also missed 2 crucial rests, 2nd one costed him his final stock. This set I was most happy with because I was able to focus more on my neutral, and still able to do my hard punishes whenever I had the chance, and it paid off.

Forte is a straight up jerk; I get the chance to play him in tournament like once bi-monthly and he picks joke characters. So BM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom