• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH @ MONASH - Smash4, Project M, Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
OPEN TO EVERYONE
SMASH TOURNAMENTS AT MONASH UNI

Thanks to everyone that came to Smash@Monash 4
See you at the next event!

We use the standard rulesets THAT ARE LISTED HERE

RESULTS FOR PREVIOUS EVENTS
S@M 1
Melee Doubles
Bracket Recreation -
http://challonge.com/2z9gdq2v
Melee Singles
Bracket Recreation - http://challonge.com/6qwtjnht
Project M Singles
Bracket Recreation - http://challonge.com/tl2zk2bu
S@M 2
Melee Singles
Round Robin Recreation -
http://i.imgur.com/rvMpMyT.png
S@M 3
Melee Singles
Bracket Recreation - http://i.imgur.com/ZXD9ryL.png
Project M Singles
Bracket Recreation - http://i.imgur.com/iBLoqLI.png
Smash 4 Singles
Bracket - http://challonge.com/oioioiio
Smash 4 Doubles
Bracket -
http://challonge.com/oioioiio2
S@M 4
Melee Singles
Bracket Recreation - http://i.imgur.com/0gUqNWj.png
Melee Pools - http://i.imgur.com/rEwleNT.png

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Do we know which building yet?
edit: I can't go anyway lol. see you at pct @ pcg's pch

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
yes I basically only found out like 30 minutes ago
Hope u guys all check this on ur phones

There is freeparking yesyes

Avvara

Smash Rookie
ggs to everyone there, think i got bodied by eight different people today but was great fun :D

Meredy

The Busterina
Thanks to Splice for hosting, it was awesome despite the low attendance. Thanks to Splice, Forte, Nick, JKTS and Dreadtech for the cool sets, and congrats to PCG for beating Forte and taking games off Tak.

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Just want to shout out to everyone today. Had a great set against Splice (despite my weak effort.)
This has hardened my resolve to get better so that one day I can eventually win a full set.
Also thanks to Tomo009 for the help with my Lucario, thanks to you, I feel like i can further my skills and abilities.
Hope to see you all again at the next tournament, and hopefully, I'll be even less incompetent. :)

Anders

Smash Rookie
So that was my first tournament, and even though I'm still salty about having to play my pools matches with no warm up, I had an absolute blast and I feel like I learned a ton.

Also, everybody was so ridiculously nice. It's the second time I've played Smash with a semi-large group of people and both experiences have been absolutely amazing.

Shoutouts to Dom for being super welcoming and for not making me feel like an idjit for not knowing how stage striking works. Would've been awesome to have played more friendlies after our sets. Also ty for that masterful SD in the crew battle.

Thanks also to pcg and forte for din dins and the friendlies/tips. I think I only played like 10 games against both of you combined though. Definitely would have liked to play more.

Skeletom. Dude, you're probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Your reaction when I told you my username here was hilarious, and you seemed genuinely sincere when you complimented my tech skill. Definitely wish you could've stayed around for more games even if I was starting to burn out a little by that point.

Hyes I think your tag is? I didn't catch your name I don't think, and we only played a few games, but they were all super close and I feel like I learned a whole lot about the match up from them.

Shoutouts to Tak/Splice as well for the tips at the end of the night. I was really tired and my tech skill was starting to slip, but I feel like that just exemplified the weaker parts of my game rather than creating them, and now I can see a few more specific things I need to work on which I'll get around to when my Melee disc arrives.

I know this post is probs too long for such a small tournament, but it was my first one and I had an awesome time so deal with it.

Thanks to everybody for the sets. Will see you all next time.

Meredy

The Busterina
Skeletom. Dude, you're probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Your reaction when I told you my username here was hilarious, and you seemed genuinely sincere when you complimented my tech skill. Definitely wish you could've stayed around for more games even if I was starting to burn out a little by that point.
Skeletom wasn't there.

Splice

Smash Hero
Skeletom wasn't there.
Yes, he was. It is possible for other people to arrive after you have left, Meredyse.

Thank you all for coming. The OP is updated with results.
6 Melee Teams, 12 Melee Singles entrants and 13 Project M entrants - Not the biggest attendance but Wednesday's gonna Wednesday yo

Shoutouts to all my valued crew members, nice effort all round, well earned victories.
Big thanks to Tak for getting rekt all day :reverse: Gotta werk on my GnW though, missed chaingrabs = cry

Shoutouts to Jesse and Dreadtech for the chills after the tournament, PCG for beating Forte, Nick and Matt for doing alright in teams, Anders for sick tech skill and finally attending a tourney/event, Ash+Keys for good jammin' and more jet hammer than I ever needed in my life. Also thanks for the one friendly Skeletom.
HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT EQUIPMENT

Dom, I have to give you a mention cause of that crews suicide. I just want you to know, if that happened in a serious crew battle, like with some state pride or something the line, it would define you forever. This time, it wasn't recorded but I will NEVA FORGET

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
My bad. Didn't think that many people would be getting in that late.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
I won $11 (does a little shimmy).

Cheers to everyone who played sets with me.

Individuals:

Dom: game starts and 3 seconds in you airdodge SD. It was something that could only happen in sitcoms...but it happened.

Tabs: Your decision making is pretty good, you just need some tech, keep at it and you'll get heaps good, but I've had enough jethammers for the rest of my life. Jethammer is broken

Anders: Even though you don't play pm it was a great showing against Hyes who played lucas in crews, hope to see you at more events

Jesse: Cheers for the late night macca's meet. them friendly doubles matches were hilarious (I must subconsciously hate you on account of how much I hit you :p).

Hyes: Lucas looking good man, I'm gonna have to stay sharp

Riley: Keep at it, learn your tech and you'll get results.

Tak: The Doof didn't work! If I was on top of my game I could have done better against your mk (broken), thanks for the encouragement and the tutelage.

Tom: gettin solid man, just keep at varying up your options and your approaches.

Splice: It's a shame we couldn't do pm doubles, the world doesn't know of the splice dreadtech wrecking crew yet. Hopefully I can keep at it and keep improving (even at melee). Thanks for organizing BDSM, had a good time. Make some time for the other stuff you want to do.

Ushio_

Smash Rookie
Cheers for everyone.

Shout out to Jesse for 2nd place in Melee doubles

I'm happy with 4th in PM.
Dread's Toon Link is looking like an Armada Young Link, getting scarier every time I play you
Tabs made a lot of good reads, that Jet Hammer is so bloody big.

The final Melee crews match against Anders was pretty close. Good work pulling it out for your team.

For the newcomers, stick with the game. It takes a lot of time getting good, but it's worth it.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I didn't exactly get wrecked Billeh I think every single one of our games went down to one stock in both games, kind of sad I didn't win a single game though (crews doesn't count) :/

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I didn't exactly get wrecked Billeh I think every single one of our games went down to one stock in both games, kind of sad I didn't win a single game though (crews doesn't count) :/
ok

Meredy

The Busterina
SD needs to come to the next S@M, that way we can have SAM@S@M. All jokes aside I really hope we'll see this become a tournament series.

Splice

Smash Hero
THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN

Date: November 29 12pm - November 30 12pm

more details in thread title
TELL ME IF UR BRINGING STUFF

Meredy

The Busterina
THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN

Date: November 29 12pm - November 30 12pm

more details in thread title
TELL ME IF UR BRINGING STUFF
+1 PM setup if someone is willing to help me get 3.5 working..

Last edited:

JKTS

Smash Cadet
SHOUTOUTS:

Billy: Grats on the perfect score, and thanks for organizing the event.

PCG: Stop playing **** against me.

Miles: Tight games d00d. I really enjoy our sets, always so tense. PS. we live closer together than I thought, we should play more.

Codie: **** that SD man. Really fun set otherwise.

Flog: Best game of smash 4 I'll ever play. We're gonna shape the smash 4 meta with those DD strats.

Dread: Stop getting better man, ****ing hell. Also HUGE thanks for feeding everyone ay.

Sadistic: Remind me to teach you how to beat peach next time, our sets would be way fun if you knew the MU a bit better.

Meredyse: Try to avoid me in bracket in the future pls, Peach dittos are lamefests.

Swords: Don't give up on melee, it's the best Smash game, I promise.

Jacob: you're a scrub.

Projector: Thanks for ending the S4 tourney in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
JKTS, you guys as a collective did far more than I did.
Thankyou to everyone for bringing tv's and consoles and showing up at all.
You're all great people.

Special shoutout to flog for coming all the way from Northcote
B1G shoutout to Dreadtech for putting up with me

Here are the results for the Melee Round Robin tournament
I'd like to point out that in theory there were no upsets. No one lost to anyone who placed lower than them or won against someone who placed higher than them.

Congrats to dreadtech for probably-maybe-kind-of-in-a-not-really-legit-but-possibly-potential-way-likely winning the smash4Wii-U tournament. Sorry about the projector

Last edited:

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Good little tournie. Was good getting to play everyone. Some quick shoutouts:

PCG: Did some good **** in our set, just need to not SD

JKTS: Close set as always

Dread: The dread fox is real

Birry: Ty for hosting man, have done well i wish you luck in smash 4

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
This was my first participation in a tournament since October RMIT tournament, so I felt a bit rusty. On the day, I decided I was dropping my main and picking up sheik, and as I'm sure you all noticed, I sucked......
But you were all really awesome about it and helped me out by giving me tips and stuff, so thanks heaps guys.

If tl;dr..... you're all awesome, you all beat me, I was salty, learnt heaps, had fun.

Shoutouts:

Billy: Man, pretty soon you're gonna have Dekar scared, like, I felt like I was playing a Lvl 999 AI with near perfect precision. It felt like you were playing around and thats the only reason I actually took a stock both matches. Good games man, and gratz on the 11-0 score. :)

Codie: Man, that set was intense a.f. Getting 4-stocked both times was so demoralizing and it kinda made me salty but I tried to take as much as possible for that match, to help me in the future. :)

Miles: Dude, your Fox is janky, not gonna lie. But in all honesty, you seem like an awesome smasher and an awesome guy, haven't really played against you before, so it was fun. :)

JKTS: Man, you deserved 4th, you were on point, if I was salty about our match, I apologize, because you deserved it man. Keep up the good work and before you know it you will be up there with the greats man. I believe in you. :)

Alex: Man, every time I play against you, your fox just keeps getting better and better. It's crazy, because there's me, who can't even stick with one character and then your fox just shredding anything I throw at you. Keep up the good work man. :)

Breadtech: Man, you are my hero! An amazing smasher, owns a franchise, is a movie star. I need to know, are you also Batman? Haha, thanks for the match man, I didn't expect to win, but I still tried my hardest. Thanks for the friendlies in Smash 4 as well, that 3v3 was insane. :)

Meredy: "ok" haha. PENTA!!!! etc. etc. lol.

Flog: Man, you are the most amazing person, you helped me heaps with my sheik, and also have helped me to understand the game a bit better as well. You seem to be quite smart and seem to understand the workings of more than just Smash. Keep up the good work man.

Sadistic: Man, not going to lie, those matches were fun as. I know I didn't win them, but I had fun. :)

Jacob: Man, that match so belonged to you, it was complete bull that my controller broke as you were about to take the stock. But great matches man, definately had fun in all 3 games. Definitely need to play again sometime man. :)

And with that, I conclude my essay of shoutouts.

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
thanx swordo glad to see i helped despite all the running around

shoutouts to the various monash heads. the top head was probably this mad tan dude who looked about 60 walking around in just cargo shorts. good ****.

Sady

Smash Rookie
Shout-outs to everyone for unlocking all the character for me on the WiiU, shame the projector played up so much.

Sadistic: Remind me to teach you how to beat peach next time, our sets would be way fun if you knew the MU a bit better.
Yes please i feel it's one of my worst matchups.

Splice

Smash Hero
Tournament on this Friday.

Post here or let me know somehow please if you are taking a TV or console. This is not a CouchWarriors sponsored event. If the community doesn't supply equipment there will be nothing to use. Please bring CRT's and consoles especially Wii-U's and Monitors because we are definitely not going to have too many of those. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING AND IF YOU ARE COMING

Assuming there is sufficent setups there should be time for many friendlies. Especially if you're staying late. This LAN runs all night and we can go past midnight playing friendlies if people want to stick around.

There are still a few kinks of this setup to work out but I would like people to post here to know how much smasher support there will actually be

Last edited:

Avvara

Smash Rookie
i have work but ill try and get someone to swap with me or just call in sick, **** it

ill bring a wii for melee

DD_

Smash Journeyman
I'll come sometime in the evening. Will bring whatever I can (Depends on if I can get a ride / Will is coming etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom