• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash is the hardest game there is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesir

Smash Master
^ Knowledge isn't based of yoru join date especially in this kind of debate so you're just showing how much of an elitist you are. Even SRKers aren't that bad with eltistism. >_>

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
^ Knowledge isn't based of yoru join date especially in this kind of debate so you're just showing how much of an elitist you are. Even SRKers aren't that bad with eltistism. >_>
listen if its your first day on a forum you don't have knowledge of the forum.....

I understand that everyone is obviously more knowledgeable then me in other 2d fighters and there opinion is valued, thats what this thread is made for. You have a narrow perception smash, like a have of GG so obviously we won't be getting anywhere with this.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
Holy **** you are extremely ignorant :) Join date doesn't friggin' show how long I've been on this forums, maybe nothing really caught my eye until I saw some scrubs post about Smash being the hardest game, GOOD JOB. And do your research next time you say something about GG even being on Evo or some ****.. grats on Smash once again getting booted from teh MLGs. Don't think I have no knowledge of this forums with all it's similiar scrubs like yourself posting up threads to be taken down easily.

~Kaze:chuckle:Out

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Holy **** you are extremely ignorant :) Join date doesn't friggin' show how long I've been on this forums, maybe nothing really caught my eye until I saw some scrubs post about Smash being the hardest game, GOOD JOB. And do your research next time you say something about GG even being on Evo or some ****.. grats on Smash once again getting booted from teh MLGs. Don't think I have no knowledge of this forums with all it's similiar scrubs like yourself posting up threads to be taken down easily.

You didn't take down anything your post didn't even make me think about anything it was just dumb things have been discussed and established. You fail.

MLG can do w.e. they want
I don't really care. Smash takes more skill than GoW and Rainbow six hands down NO QUESTIONS ASKED. And probably takes more that Halo 2. Maybe there just trying to get fps's. :ohwell:

"Join date doesn't show how long ive been in this forum" are you ********. Its "join date" meaning when you joined this forum. You can be on this forum and lurk character specific lmao. But you cant lurk tourney topic and crew threads which require posts so means you don't do any of them. Owned again.

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice

A lurker for a day. And a lurker which is you on another account. :)
Why would I need a new account? With a crappy name. :laugh:

Obviously not me dud. And har har my join date is older than yours too.

I guess SWF ranks user by join dates now. ;)

/sarcasm

Edit: Fighters generally take more skill, a different kind of skill at that.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
You didn't take down anything your post didn't even make me think about anything it was just dumb things have been discussed and established. You fail.

MLG can do w.e. they want
I don't really care. Smash takes more skill than GoW and Rainbow six hands down NO QUESTIONS ASKED. And probably takes more that Halo 2. Maybe there just trying to get fps's. :ohwell:
LOL! Go back to abusing my new account dude, seriously, your arguement is just pathetic.. Talking about 2D fighters and you jump into FPS.. ****ing HILARIOUS. When you run outta things to say, go look at my join date, give ya some ideas bud..

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
did u ever stop ton think that he was saying that SSBM was harder to master than the other fighting games.

1)because u have to know different match ups and approach each character in a completely different way.

2)and not only that, but stage is a factor.

3) i play MVC2, tekken, CVS etc.. and with all of them, all you have to do is learn some good combos. and it's a win.

4) there's no DI, L- cancelling, using stage platforms/obstacles to your advantage.
1)it's like that in every fighter... oh but in Guilty Gear, even low tiers can be trouble... so you better learn EVERY matchup. Worst matchup in GG would be 6.5/3.5... in smash it would be 9/1

2)actually, the only things the stages do in smash is promote camping. Smash is one of the most campy games out there, because of the free roaming and the stages. Fox is so good because of that... LOL even your own video shows this.

3) Hmm I don't know much about Tekken, but some of the most effective combos are really hard to do in these games. Well, Ironman's infinite is really easy, but the setups can be hard as hell (just like Wobbling). ROM infinite is far from being easy though, and to really score damage with it, you gotta do some resets, and those aren't guaranteed, you gotta mix ur opponent up. Painting the fence in CvS2 requires some crazy execution. A

AND EVEN IF YOU LEARN SOME COMBOS, YOU GOTTA LAND A HIT. MvC2 is hard because you have very very effective options to control space (combination of attacks that can take 3/4 of the screen) so it takes alot of skill to land a hit.

4)Walls play a big part in all fighting games, and Smash doesn't have them. Smash has ledges but some characters are very good at ledge camping so it doesn't create the same sense of urgency that Walls does. Just like in Smash, Guilty Gear has combos that involves bouncing your opponent on Walls, and floors...

L-canceling can be considered the little brother of Guilty Gear's Roman Canceling... RCs do not only take good timing to use, they also require to use your BRAIN. Unlike braindead L-canceling, RCs/FRCs require meter to use, so you gotta use it for the right situations:

Do I use my FRCs to create a mixup opportunity? (ex: Sol Ground Blade FRC)
Do I use my FRCs to pressure my opponent, move him towards the corner? (ex: Testament's EXE beast FRC)
Or do I simply use my FRCs to create longer combos, thus scoring more damage?

And I'm only scratchin the surface btw...

EDIT: And yea I felt like I needed to post this because some ppl are trying to get away from the debate that they are losing

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Why would I need a new account? With a crappy name. :laugh:

Obviously not me dud. And har har my join date is older than yours too.

I guess SWF ranks user by join dates now. ;)

/sarcasm

Edit: Fighters generally take more skill, a different kind of skill at that.
I guess SWF ranks users by posts now because I have over one thousand posts and you barely made 100. And are you even good? Let me see some of YOUR videos.

Im not trying to run away I was talking about how they took smash out of MLG and have games like GoW which don't take as much skill as smash. And when YOU have nothing to say you just say "Your so ignorant" period. Nicee..

I'm not losing anything I'm one person and I'm competing with what 5? God Job putting up a good argument guys.

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
I guess SWF ranks users by posts now because I have over one thousand posts and you barely made 100. And are you even good? Let me see some of YOUR videos.

Im not trying to run away I was talking about how they took smash out of MLG and have games like GoW which don't take as much skill as smash.

I'm not losing anything I'm one person and I'm competing with what 5? God Job putting up a good argument guys.
An average of 5 post per day suggest spam good sir.

And I'm guessing you didn't see the /sarcasm.

Edit:
Nice edit buddy.

BigRick

Smash Master
LOL posts have nothing to do with skill

Your post # only tells how much one likes to post.

And since you're here since only Feb 2007 and u got over 1000 it would only mean that you post a lot.

----------------------

Now this talk is stupid! Get back to the debate ppl! If you dont have more arguments, then surrender... don't go saying off-topic stuff

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet

Im not trying to run away I was talking about how they took smash out of MLG and have games like GoW which don't take as much skill as smash.

Lalala.. Promote Spamming.. Zomg 1000 posts, yet joined on Febuary.. Promote Spamming..
Running from teh Kazester, lalala...

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
LOL posts have nothing to do with skill

Your post # only tells how much one likes to post.

And since you're here since only Feb 2007 and u got over 1000 it would only mean that you post a lot.

----------------------

Now this talk is stupid! Get back to the debate ppl! If you dont have more arguments, then surrender... don't go saying off-topic stuff
I know it doesn't that why I said it. >_>

1000 posts...promote spamming? that was dumb. I don't spam I run a crew that will **** you and talk about the tourneys in which we beat pros in...:)

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
I know it doesn't that why I said it. >_>

1000 posts...promote spamming? that was dumb. I don't spam I run a crew and talk about the tourneys in which we beat pros in...:)
Tee-heeheeheehee, guess this thread about Smash being the oh so hardest game EV0RRRRRR isn't spam. People, get 1k post or you'll be a social outcast! Zomg!

BigRick

Smash Master
True. They don't even show your post count on SRK, you gotta go check the guy's profile.

Only thing they show is REP, and 4Sho's rep on SRK would probably be: ''Needs to die in a fire''

EDIT: This is not a joke... worst rep u could get is Need to die in a fire

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
I love your edits.

~

We don't call you ignorant and dont back it up. We call you ignorant because of what you post and then we give detailed explanations. Go look back on any page. . .

The rep thing is true by the way.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Aight, I am not going to get into this argument, or at least try not too. I have only played smash competitively (I got Guilty Gear XX, but i only played for a little, nothi8ng too serious, and also I played a few of the SF games, yet also nothing too serious). The one thing that i really haven't seen here (I only read the first like 7 pages, which by the way I regret doing haha), was the inclusion of stages. Shouldn't stages make a game more complex? Shouldn't a variety in the environment make a game deeper then lets say, no change in the environment. And, from my experience (but please don't flame me, this is solely from what I have seen), smash, out of the games listed that were 2-D fighters, is the only one that has different stages. It's the only one that i have seen that has platforms, that has varying kill zones (which is understandable for that's how you die), and it has walls in the middle of the stage (Pokemon stadium Fire Transformation, the tree thing, Kirby place with the blocks and prolly others, just too lazy to remark about them.) Also, it has stages that change as the much goes on, adding more depth.

Now this may not make it harder or w/e, but it adds depth, and that depth is something that I have really only seen in smash.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Ok well...

What smash has that other fighters do not. Correct Me if I'm wrong.

1)DI
2)Tech Chasing
3)Reading where your opponent will go before they even think of going there.
4)Platforms which enable more options and combos.
5) Different Stages and stage advatages
What it lacks

1)Extreme tech skill is not required for competitive play like in GG. Smash still has it though and can never be mastered.

Which meant harder combos and execution.

Going to 711 brb.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
Ok well...

1)DI
2)Tech Chasing

What it lacks

1)Extreme tech skill is not required for competitive play like in GG. Smash still has it though and can never be mastered.

1-Correct
2-.. Dude.. Seriously, go play other 2D Fighters beside Smash..
3- Wtf man, do you even know what Yomi is? ****..
4-Yeah, sure..

What it lacks

1-Extreme Tech skill correct.. And yes, it can be mastered..
Uhm, no..
Another failure of explanation..
And hurry your *** up from 711.. I'm bored and I wanna finish off this thread already..

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
Ok well...

1)DI
2)Tech Chasing

What it lacks

1. Burst can replace DI imo. Pretty much all the new 2d fighters have some sort of Burst system.
2. Tech chasing is in other games.
3. Same as 2
4. Of course, platforms make Smash unique. What is your arguement again?

Edit:
Well, yeah, it has all those. But really i just posted what i believed was the biggest difference. Tech chasing and DI are huge, but i think just the different area alone make it deeper. But then again, i may be completely wrong.
VF has ringouts and ground bounce-esque juggles.
GG has wall combos, and tons of resets.
Doa has stages where if you don't position yourself right, you will get hit into the dangerzone or fall off a cliff(falling off with bad health will kill you).

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Ok well...

2)Tech Chasing
2) Tech Chasing is SSBM's word for "Wake-up"
3) You'd have to be an idiot to not think this applies in other fighters. Psychic Dragon Punches...

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Well, yeah, it has all those. But really i just posted what i believed was the biggest difference. Tech chasing and DI are huge, but i think just the different area alone make it deeper. But then again, i may be completely wrong.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
You are correct in the sense that you are completely wrong.. Smash is unique basically 'cause of it's platform play.. Beside that, mindgames/yomi, are in all games and other games require it alot more than Smash.. Tech skill, absurd to even argue that Smash is hard 'cause of that.. JUST END IT!

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
Unless you played every single game competitively, you cant say which is the hardest.
Then again when you know what hard is, basically technical and mindgames/yomi needed, then you can say which is the hardest.. And please read my earlier posts.. -_-..

BigRick

Smash Master
You don't even mention more subtle things like Light Shielding, that one could easily think it's unique in Smash...

But in Guilty Gear, you can block normally, or use Faultless defense, which has the same virtues as Light shielding. The downside though for it is that it drains meter.

And we didn't get into the character specific stuff yet... who is the most complicated character in smash, Ice Climbers? In GG u have similar chars (Eddie, Dog-mode Zappa) and you have more complicated stuff after that.

EDIT: What I find really funny is that Guilty Gear almost has everything that Smash does, but in a more complicated form... combine that with more complicated inputs for specials, offensive based gameplay, Guilty Gear's own game exploits (Instant Air-Dashing, Impossible Dust and Jump Installing), more matchups to learn (cause the crappy chars are not so crappy) and you're guaranteed to have a harder game

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
what??
na... it isn't so hard, for noobs it is.. but me..? na.
I had a little hard time beating the events first.. but I won them.. now when I play them, they just seem so easy..

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
@KazeNoFat: How was what i said completely wrong. I stated, that the different stages and the fact that there are platforms made smash deeper. I never said anything about which games were harder.

And, no not trying to pick a fight here, just seeing if i missed something.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
@KazeNoFat: How was what i said completely wrong. I stated, that the different stages and the fact that there are platforms made smash deeper. I never said anything about which games were harder.

And, no not trying to pick a fight here, just seeing if i missed something.
Completely wrong 'cause the fact that you stated the differences.. What thread are we in anyway? How Smash is different from other 2D Fighters? Please look at the title and rethink your posts or go make a new topic about differences.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Aight aight, i understand now. I guess when i thought about the post, I believed adding the platform thing to the debate, in terms of it making the game deeper, could be thought of as making the gamer harder or more complex. But in hindsight, i see what you mean.

Aight, going to put more thought into my posts next time, thanks for the catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom