• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

JOE!

Smash Hero
allright, next week ill probably bring some 24 packs of mountain dew or stuff..

(they have em for like, $6 a pop at the walmart near me)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Lol okay, looking forward to seeing you actually I won't be here Friday after next, but you'll meet everyone else then.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
From Back Bay, you can walk over to Copley at the green line, which is only 2 blocks away. Then take the B line and get out at BU central.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Dimensional Cape? Also, I'm just gonna update when Smash Fridays doesn't happen. I like never go on this site anymore =/.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Saaaame, totally took Smashboards off my bookmarks and I'm on this wayyyy less now. Anyways I can't make it this week, but there will be others smashers there, so drop by!

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, that was fun (even though not too many showed)

I was the guy in the yellow Angry beavers shirt if anyone cares :p

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah we've being down on ppl recently because of midterms and stuff. But def drop by next week as I will be there (and maybe Fatal?????????)

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Just letting people know there ain't one this week. BU's closed for Thanksgiving break.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I wish so too, but the venue is almost always reserved for an even on friday night, plus alot of us have plans on friday nights too. =/

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone, I help with smash fridays and would like to know how many ppl would show if hosted this friday 3-5?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I would show, but alas I cannot, since I have finals coming up. Come next semester though, I'm all game. Samus will be back.

Edit: Hey sexy (Yume), if you got time over winter break, would you mind uploading our vids? I wanna rewatch my samus to see what I can improve on.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
yume said he is quitting smash >.>
also there might not be a smash fridays next sem...

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I would show, but alas I cannot, since I have finals coming up. Come next semester though, I'm all game. Samus will be back.

Edit: Hey sexy (Yume), if you got time over winter break, would you mind uploading our vids? I wanna rewatch my samus to see what I can improve on.
Haha sure thing, ill upload them.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Well, regardless of whether you guys have smash fridays next semester or no, I won't be around since I'm going abroad to Geneva. I'll try to come tomorrow just to see things off.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Alright I think I'll be able to host at least for the first few Smash Fridays next semester, but if the attendence for it is low it could be cancelled or scaled down to one setup, so show up to them lol.

Also if anyone reading this is a BU student we are looking for help with setting up and stuff, let me know if you want to help.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
do some of u guys study at berklee? i have a friend who is learning how to play melee. iv'e been teaching him for 3 months now, he has played with linguini and all sfl ppl. and he want's to keep playing so i dont know if u guys could help. he studies in berklee. he does not plays brawl, thats the only thing. and he mains ganondorf :)

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
there is no smash fridays today. It won't start until people get back to BU, which should be the week of the 18th. Calvin might make a new thread for it, since I'm not sure how often I plan on updating this one.

Blea, there are some berklee kids who come by. However, most of them are brawl players, as far as I know. Most of the melee kids are from bu, I think. I don't play melee, so I know only a few of them.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
There are actually a good few, enough to take up 2 tvs, and could probably use more if we had them. But we'll see how many show up this semester haha. Things got really small after midsemester in the fall. Hopefully things will pick up again in the next few weeks.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Agreed with DaWall, our second week last semester we had 3 Brawl and 3 Melee setups going, unfortunately many people stopped showing up. But usually we have at least enough people to make use of two setups.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
well if people help me like put things away and setup I can probably host smash fridays a fair amount of the time incase you guys have other plans?

Top Bottom