• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
an interesting proposal, but the thing is that brawl people show up earlier than melee, so they just set up on the big tv first.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Alright since it was so popular last week and seems like ppl want it back again....

Brawl Minus WILL be back!!!

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
well i'm probably not gonna stay very long again if i can even go =/ things to do around 4 in cambridge, sorry guys, i know you all will miss me soo much.

(which means if there's a legit vote on minus or not, i suppose you shouldn't count mine (which is totally all for!(also, like the nested parenthetical expressions? (I do))))

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
How about I set up Brawl minus at first? And if more people want VBrawl I can take off the hacks? Most of the ppl I've spoken to IRL seem to want Brawl Minus again.

And Prawn I'll MM you, mad rusty though, havent touched vBrawl since Anime Boston.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
I still haven't played Brawl minus yet so I vote for that. I hope it's as good as you guys make it out to be!

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
I'll be bringing my Wii so we can always setup Brawl on that for people who don't want to play Brawl-. I recall there being an unused TV last time (I'd bring mine, but once again the forecast is rain D: ) so we should be good to have at least 2 vBrawl setups.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah we def did have at least 1 unused TV last time, and iirc there is a crt tv that the officers dont bring anymore, but a couple of us can always get it if they don't, so we have 2 unused tvs, so i think bringing at least 2 extra brawl/melee setups would be the best

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Yeah we def did have at least 1 unused TV last time, and iirc there is a crt tv that the officers dont bring anymore, but a couple of us can always get it if they don't, so we have 2 unused tvs, so i think bringing at least 2 extra brawl/melee setups would be the best
I def got a Brawl setup, I'll see if I can get my hands on something we can use for Melee (I have another Wii in the house that can always play it if we need to)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Thanks to everyone who showed up this week! Too bad about the TV issues, this has never happened before where no one was able to get the key for the lockers, and I am sure that it wouldn't happen again.

etecoon

Smash Hero
still fun getting to do mostly teams, singles gets boring a bit faster. lol at you and albert fighting over me

Driving? There are meters all along Com Ave, but they are generally all taken. There are also many parking lots as you drive down as well, they should max out at ten dollars.
should add that parking is a bit over twice as much as normal if there's a red sox home game that day, everywhere I saw at least

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
i dunno about regularily.... i don't think we've been to one in 2 months haha.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yeah lol, we're really slacking lately, I'll most likely be at Mass Madness X though!

@ bloodcross, I do want to go to groat, cept we dont have a car, how else can we get there?

Albert.

Smash Master
Read good hosting skills right there^^^^^

ANYWAY- Anybody in the Boston/MA area that's interested in a FREE and VERY CASUAL Brawl singles Tourney, let me know.

It's taking place 150 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston. AT THE BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC DORMS.

this Sunday. 8pm to midnight

Prawn

Smash Master
guys find a way to get to groat

seriously gonna be one of the best tournies in your region and will get you so much experience

im groating everywhere just thinking about it

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
this thread needs moar activity :(

This week is the last week we'll be hosting Smash Fridays until September, dont miss it!

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
yeahhhh, and hopefully we won't get kicked out again, haha. oh well, over the summer this'll be used to advertise tourneys and other smash fests in the boston area. occasionally, i may host one at my house, so this thread won't be completely dead.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Gooood idea Nafiun, we should ask GSU if they will stay open during the summer so some of us near Boston may be able to host Smash there.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
For all of those staying in the Boston area over the break and want more practice for all the awesome tournies coming up, you're all more than welcome to come play some smash over at my place. It's a 10 minute T-ride, 30-min walk, like 5 min driving traffic pending from the building we all meet up at each Friday. I have 2 TVs (not CRTs, trying to get my hands on a few), a Wii (2 if I can fix my roomie's) and 4 additional GC controllers that are open for use. I'm currently free everyday from noon - 11PM, but trying to land a job soon so I'm not sure how long that will last, but I'll still find time to have people over who would like to play. Shoot me a PM for the address (posting it here would be bad) and we can play some smash =D

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
That'd be pretty sweet, when I update this thread again, would you mind if I put that in the OP? Having summer going on's would be great.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Davis Square on the red line gets you there :D

Everyone should come.

I really wanted to make it to this but I have to be at the store in Somerville today >_<

Top Bottom