• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash FU/Skype Active Ladder starts now!!

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Thats awesome Reborn! I used to play frequently with a National Master. He broke 2200 last year. Unfortunately, for myself I am only about a 14-1500 play strength at the moment. Though, we should play sometime! Do you play on ICC or Chess.com?

I was lucky to even reach this norm though. I registered a new FIDE and USCF membership because its hard to get a higher rating boost once you played over 600 chess matches. my rating was stuck at 1798 and i barely got a 3-9 point boost when i beaten masters. But if you reg a new membership and beat a high rated player, your rating sky rockets. I was able to reach 1934 2 months ago doing that. (it still took a long time to reach 2000, about 15 tournaments actually).

Edit: The fact that i'm 17 and i accomplished this, makes me even more proud.

At your level, focus more on middle game, endgame, and some tactics. I recommend to find this book "Reassess Your Chess". Great book, its a must have. Also find some GM games where the "good guy" wins and study and remember them. (Probably old Fischer games then move on to modern games.)

I've been playing on chesscube lately. Kinda deviated from it when I started smashing again.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Jel, bro you haven't removed me yet!?

O well, guess ill wait until one of these brothers get DQ'd.

Gonna happen pretty soon anyway. It's been a week or so already.

Also this Reborn cat doesn't exist anymore. You should change that at least.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
SK you down to play tomorrow early afternoon?
Jel, bro you haven't removed me yet!?

O well, guess ill wait until one of these brothers get DQ'd.

Gonna happen pretty soon anyway. It's been a week or so already.

Also this Reborn cat doesn't exist anymore. You should change that at least.
Froski is right. You guys have to the end of the night to play your match or you both will take DQ. Or who ever is not to show up for the match will take DQ. Also there seems to be no active players on the bottom half of this ladder I may have to do a Active check again soon.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Hoctor and X250 are the only ones I haven't seen in a good while.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
[

At your level, focus more on middle game, endgame, and some tactics. I recommend to find this book "Reassess Your Chess". Great book, its a must have. Also find some GM games where the "good guy" wins and study and remember them. (Probably old Fischer games then move on to modern games.)

I've been playing on chesscube lately. Kinda deviated from it when I started smashing again.
if youre speaking of the book written by Jeremy Silman, Ive the expanded 3rd edition, but I feel as if some of the information still may be over my head.

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
Hi guys.

I'm new here, but I believe I'm the best SSB 64 player in the world. I have 4 strong characters with Mario as my #1.

I really want in on this action. I have what I'm sure are newbie Q's, but i'm totally worth it to get in this action -

1) how are you guys playing online? I'm a big nerd with fast internet and an N64 with SSB sitting right here - what else do I need?

TYTYTY in advance.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys.

I'm new here, but I believe I'm the best SSB 64 player in the world. I have 4 strong characters with Mario as my #1.

I really want in on this action. I have what I'm sure are newbie Q's, but i'm totally worth it to get in this action -

1) how are you guys playing online? I'm a big nerd with fast internet and an N64 with SSB sitting right here - what else do I need?

TYTYTY in advance.
the greatest player in the world? I think that is a pretty bold statement, but we will for certain find out with your success in the ladder.

to play online, go to the thread below and download Project 64k.

go here--->http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262536

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
the greatest player in the world? I think that is a pretty bold statement, but we will for certain find out with your success in the ladder.

to play online, go to the thread below and download Project 64k.

go here--->http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262536
tyvm.

downloaded, installed, obviously working on drivers and **** + eBay'd a USB controller, hope that was the correct answer or out yet another $20 over the internet. (prolly 3x per week for me)

I skype'd Knite Phox as he offered help to another guy, would love some1 to get me online so I can show you what I got.

-/\/\icon

The Star King

Smash Hero
A USB controller, huh? If you are a console kid you might want to buy an adapter so you can use N64 controller online.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Hi guys.

I'm new here, but I believe I'm the best SSB 64 player in the world.

Probably true

if youre speaking of the book written by Jeremy Silman, Ive the expanded 3rd edition, but I feel as if some of the information still may be over my head.

It's used to help you develop a study plan so to speak.

Also its help you know the purpose of the opening, what to do in the middle game, endgame, etc.

But I can give you advice about that kinda stuff if you want. I can spread the knowledge I've required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a serious note, I will only play on weekends and p2p on weekdays around 6:30 or so. I don't have that much time to play smash(That's why I took a break and played a lot for most of the summer).

Demanding girlfriend, College, Job, Chess, Playing my Guitar, and all sorts of stuff I fit into that time period.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
But I can give you advice about that kinda stuff if you want. I can spread the knowledge I've required.

Demanding girlfriend, College, Job, Chess, Playing my Guitar, and all sorts of stuff I fit into that time period.
That sounds perfect. How about I trade you Guitar lessons for Chess lessons? I just finished my first year with Berklee.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
So much talk about other things going on here. Where is all the matches?
I asked that before. Im not certain who to challenge with both players above me saying things about being removed from the ladder...Does that call for an active check?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I asked that before. Im not certain who to challenge with both players above me saying things about being removed from the ladder...Does that call for an active check?
Sure does.

ACTIVE CHECK Reply by 9/9/12

Anyone who does not reply by this date saying they are still able to play will be removed from the ladder

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
Sure does.

ACTIVE CHECK Reply by 9/9/12

Anyone who does not reply by this date saying they are still able to play will be removed from the ladder
I didn't know if I had to reply, but I did anyways. Im ready to play some games. I can always find some good matches on the server, but these games on the ladder are always so much better.

I'm ready to bring my Ness to top form.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I just haven't challenged anyone because I know that the players ranked higher than me can easily beat me. :cool:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Tacos you got no chance against me

Also no LAGGERS allowed on the ladder so sort that **** out before you come at me

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Active check done. New standings are

1. Star King 4-0-0
2. Battlecow 6-1-0
3. Combo Blaze 5-4-0
4. TheMagistrate 0-3-1
Challenger:

GL all

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Forgot my controller and adapter, over 500 miles away from home, Lost the desire to play smash, and incredibly busy.

O wait, Im already removed. Good stuff

Top Bottom