• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash FU/Skype Active Ladder starts now!!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Please post the following info if you want to join:

Name:
Skype Name:
Contact Info:
Time you can play:

-------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy 64 Active Ladder!!
W-L-DQ

Challenger:

--------------------------------------------------

Ladder Specific Rules
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We will have 7 player limit (this can and will be raised if more demand is introduced). Once all 7 spots are filled...anyone wishing to join must challenge the 7th ranked player. If they win, their name is placed on the ladder in 7th spot. If this gets big and more players wish to join we will add slots.

You can challenge two above (or below) your current position. If you win, you take that person's position (and other placements are moved accordingly).

If you are challenging someone, post it here (so that others can know who is in a challenge), and then send a pm to the person you are challenging (since not everyone will check this thread all the time).

Matches can be p2p, server, or anything you guys can use to do your matches.

Once a challenge has been sent (via pm) and posted on here, you have 3 days to get the match done (if you both cant play 3 days after the challenge has been sent, then, whoever was responsible for the match to not be played will forfeit the set and get a DQ. Also if you are unactive for more then a few weeks or dont keep active you will be removied from this ladder and can join again starting at the bottom when your able to keep active. If you get reported as missing 2 whole games when players are trying to play you but you dont get back to them you will be removed from the ladder and able to join again at the bottom when you can play.

Once a challenge has been completed, the same two people cannot play each other again until one of them has played against a different person, or 2 days have passed. This is to prevent continuously challenging the same person.

You can only be in one challenge at a time (so if you are challenged by someone, you cannot challenge someone else. Likewise, if you have challenged someone, you cannot be challenged by someone else).

No advance challenges If players are in a match you will have to wait until matches are done to challenge them. ( I will challenge the loser or winner of).

If for any reason if you get banned from SWF you will be removed from this Ladder and will be unable to play

If you get 2 DQs you will be removed from this ladder due to inactive play/missing maches.

Active checks will be done in order to keep this ladder active when a check is done you will need to reply to it saying your still able to play and are still active if you dont reply by the time given you will be removed from the ladder due to being inactive but will be able to join again from the bottom if you can be active and play.

General Match Rules
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Competitive Recommended Ruleset

Competition Rules

Matches for any position below the 3rd rank, are best-of-3.
Matches for the 3rd rank or higher, are best-of-5.

Game Settings

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

Stages

The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle.

First match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List. The lower ranked player ALWAYS strikes first.

The 64 Recommended Ruleset uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Characters

All characters are legal.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Low Tiers are all characters in B tier and below: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Samus and Link.

Set Procedure
Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
Players strike stages.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Starter Stage and Counterpick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.

Last edited:

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
Name: cyoonit
Contact info:facebook/cyoonit123@yahoo.com
time:either afternoons or late nights

Disclose

Smash Rookie
Name: Disclose
Contact Info: msn : rapha_9_r@hotmail.com + Smashboards PM
Time you can play: usually late night during the week, I can play if i'm on msn

Hope this'll get started now that competitives events are back on 64 boards.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
OK, I'm geting in on this.
Name: Sephirothxxx (Kailera name is same as on here, so no confusion.)
Contact Info: Smashboards PM
Time you can play: I am usually on around 3:30 and 5:00 on weekdays. Weekend times vary between early in the morning to as late as 9 or 10.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Sorry to multipost, but I felt that this post would be better if made separately instead of an edit.

Do you think it would be best if there was a deadline set on this ladder? It seems like its taking a while for more people to join and we have 7 at this point. Maybe if we could start after a certain point, and if we dont have 9 members we can just go with what we have?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Sorry to multipost, but I felt that this post would be better if made separately instead of an edit.

Do you think it would be best if there was a deadline set on this ladder? It seems like its taking a while for more people to join and we have 7 at this point. Maybe if we could start after a certain point, and if we dont have 9 members we can just go with what we have?
Ya this is taking to much time for players to sign up. Well if gets big and more wish to join I will add slots. For now we will go with what we have and start this thing. Good luck to everyone and have good games everyone. Challenges maybe sent as of now. I will do my best to keep track of everything.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Awesome, I'm pumped. But I am not gonna be the first one to issue a challenge. But I will make it known that I should be available this Friday afternoon as well as all Saturday and most of Sunday.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Played one game for the set and lost, but can't really continue due to him having some lagging issues right now. :c

Also you can only challenge 2 above/below your rank, so you have to challenge Disclose or SexyBrah first.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Played one game for the set and lost, but can't really continue due to him having some lagging issues right now. :c

Also you can only challenge 2 above/below your rank, so you have to challenge Disclose or SexyBrah first.
Oh yeah, duh. Maybe in the future.

EDIT: Disclose, wanna play? I challenge you.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
hey combo, you can take my spot. my internet isn't fixing any time soon. wish we could finish our games though :/

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Well **** no one bothered to challenge me huh? Well now i wait
Dude I will so challenge you. Disclose hasnt bothered contacting me and if this challenge reaches the deadline and he hasnt talked to me about the challenge then I'll be open for challenges.

EDIT: but one of us gotta get closer together in terms of rank.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Dude I will so challenge you. Disclose hasnt bothered contacting me and if this challenge reaches the deadline and he hasnt talked to me about the challenge then I'll be open for challenges.

EDIT: but one of us gotta get closer together in terms of rank.
Let me know. Its been 4 days from when you sent the challenge. If he does not contact you with in the next 24 hours you will take the win.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
He hasnt contacted me, so I believe that means I take the win. I think Disclose might be one of those members who only log on once and then leave the site forever :troll:

EDIT: Sexybrah, you in the mood for a battle because if so I beleive that means I challenge YOU!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Update:

moved Sephirothxxx up
removed Cyoonit due to inactive internet
If Disclose gets challenged again and does not play he will be removed due to being inactive.

Also its not a bad thing to be removed you will be able to join again at the bottom when you can be active and play your games.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Talos is banned. :v
Oh Talos, you always were.... wait....... is there anything to remember him for? Oh well, Talos you shouldnt have done whatever you did. Tsk tsk tsk this will affect your status on the ladder.

Dang I feel like the members of this ladder are droppin like flies.

EDIT: So sexybrah and I have a time set for a challenge. Since he is on in the "evenings" then I guess the best day to make this official would be friday or saturday.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
If you guys know players you should tell them to join lol. It seems only a few have said im Joining so far and are not being active.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Oh Talos, you always were.... wait....... is there anything to remember him for?
Well seeing as Talos was apparently Smasher, I'm sure there's plenty. lol

I'll try to get NewbieKirby to join. Think advertising this in the social thread would help any? :v

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
So like, I still have to play Smasher (Talos) or wut? If not then I'd like to challenge BumbleBomb, if yes then I forfiet and would like to take on BumbleBomb. lol

X250

Smash Rookie
This looks interesting.

Name: X250
Contact Info: CSLeatherby@Gmail.com
Time you can play: Varies daily.

Monday/Tuesday: Any time
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday: 11:00am-2:00pm 10:30pm-12:00am
Saturday/Sunday: 7:30pm-2:00am

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
So like, I still have to play Smasher (Talos) or wut? If not then I'd like to challenge BumbleBomb, if yes then I forfiet and would like to take on BumbleBomb. lol
Did you try to play?. I did see he got banned but if he is able to keep active and playes his games he will not be removed. Anyway ill put in the forfiet for ya and update the challenge so you play bumblebomb. Also Sephirothxxx & SexyBrah did you guys get to play yet?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Well seeing as Talos was apparently Smasher, I'm sure there's plenty. lol

I'll try to get NewbieKirby to join. Think advertising this in the social thread would help any? :v
Wait... Smasherx74? O_o mindfack. Anyway, no we havent gotten to play yet. I totally forgot about his challenge this weekend since I was so tied up in my pokemon hacking and earthbound playing.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Well, I did try to challenge him once, which ended up being him confessing to me that he was Smasher. Then he just started talking about how he beat Malva, then joined some other dude, talked crap do Zeus, and ended up not playing. lol

If he's going to stay up there then there should be a notice that Talos=Smasher since I doubt he'll be using that name in Galaxy anymore or checking his messege (can you even do that after being banned?).

Bo$$ are you here!?

Top Bottom