• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I think the biggest problem is the fact that you need both of these to transition into the same animations, but they're extremely different poses. Both jump and doublejump transition into the same falling animation, and also into forward, back, up and down aerials. If the poses for jump/doublejump/fall are radically different like this it might look a little weird.
Maybe it could be his up-b instead?

Moddingguy

Smash Rookie
Um Hi everybody my names is Dallas or Moddingguy, wich ever you want to go with:laugh:

Im not sure how to make a app but if you want some opinions or advice on something i guess im at your service. Im pretty good with smash bros. info, I dont know everything, but i know a majority of smash things!

All i can do is just spot big and major things that may make the game feel strange and input some ideas that may help with what ever is being implemented in the game!
Also im not here to boss people around or criticize all hardcore or anything im just here to give my opinions.

Moddingguy

Smash Rookie
Health pack.png
Well i know this isnt a huge deal but i notice the the health recovery are all fruits so i made a pixel art Health pack/Medic kit you guys can name it whatever you want.

I was thinking it could either replace the fruit or maybe ot could just be another health recovery item that heals players all the way or just more than the fruit can. I was thinking it could act as a Maximum tomato health thing or it could act as a heart container. But i dont know i like the fruit i just thought the health pack would make players want to go after it more.

Also will there be a logo of some sort or is the app icon the logo? I think that will help with making some items.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm no sprite maker, but I think a dark knight with move sets similar to Marth's would be cool. As for items I think there could be a missile that you could pick up and then throw it and then the missile could heat seek to the closest opponent and do some decent damage (But the missile can be dodged). Probably a long shot for the item considering the idea of it is different from smash bros items.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ Moddingguy Moddingguy Yes a logo would be great. No idea where to start on there though. I'll ask some friends if they have ideas.

@ UltimateXsniper UltimateXsniper I like the missile idea. I know you said you're no sprite maker, but if you would want to make the missile (shouldn't be too hard I think) then I'll put it in. A Marth-like character is a must too, though, I don't believe anyone is developing one.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 I'll see what I could do with the missile. I'll try to make one on my free time. What should be the appropriate size for the missile?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Here is a sprite sheet of the missile. Its only 3 sprites. 1 will be off when the item first appear for you to grab it. The other 2 is just a little animation when it is on. Let me know if it could be any bigger and I'll see what I can do. :)
Smash_Clash_Missile_Sheet.png

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So I played Smash Clash Alpha on my tablet. I started to test online with my phone and tablet. Here is what I found out. Both people could play a different stage and that causes a major bug especially if 1 stage has multiple platforms and the other is just 1 big platform. People can start their game whenever. Items show up on 1 screen and doesn't show for the other screen. Thought I should let you know about that so you know what's going on.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ UltimateXsniper UltimateXsniper Yes thank you. I'm actually taking that mode out and redoing the entire code (super buggy if you didn't notice haha a lot more than you mentioned). Thanks for telling me though.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 I think it's perfect. Even the size I imagine seems perfect too. :D

Also I recently made a minor update to the look of the rocket (It only took a few seconds to make this change :p). It isn't much and it is optional on whichever you like better, but here it is.
Smash_Clash_Missile_Sheet.png

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate that, but I'm really not that experienced in sprite making. I just can't do something complicated like characters.
Well practice makes perfect so don't give up on it just because you think it's too complicated. Plus we've got some great artists in this thread that would gladly critique your work or help you out :chuckle:

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
Made a sword! :D Hope you use it!
I'm gonna go ahead and say no for Jdawg on this one.

The missile is cool, although it needs a diagonal sprite probably, but this can't get out of hand with random people making simple little single-sprites. If you wish to become a sprite artist, check the last few pages of this thread and put a lot more work in. This is not against you, @ UltimateXsniper UltimateXsniper , just a forewarning for others.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I thought it wasn't necessary for a diagonal sprite. I thought it would be possible to rotate by some program or something. But I'll go ahead on that when I get on my computer.

EDIT: So I got to it. I spent way too much time trying to perfect a diagonal sprite of the missile. I will now hate diagonal for awhile, but I got it done. Here is the update to the missile sprite sheet.
Smash_Clash_Missile_Sheet2.png

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
A new friend of mine, Warren, is now making a character. He is unable to post on the forum due to internet restrictions at his school. Here's his work.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/087/3/c/rozan_jumping_test_by_nintendoartist2-d7bv4xd.gif

Can someone check if it's the right dimensions? I can also pass feedback onto him. Also can someone find the exact dimensions for a normally sized character and post them here? I don't have a computer with me for awhile (on my phone now), so I can't measure it.

Update on music for the game. I found a new composer by the name of Justin. I'll post a link to the track he made for a level soon.

Keep up the great work guys! Smash Clash will be a killer app when we're done!

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
Here's what Mr. Randoms up special looks like, it's the Random Balloon Express. Mr. Randoms fills his head with randomness, and inflates like a balloon. This could work like Peach's parasol, where he can delfate himself midair. I tried to make him look odd and deflatedish, so hopefully this looks alright. I also changed Mr. Randoms shoes to make them look more random and stylish. His shoes are now cheese magnet shoes, they don't work like the real cheese magnet, but they look swell. The red and blue at the bottom of the soles are supposed to help reference the magnet part, like a real magnet.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms Nice work! I'm actually getting kind of excited for Mr. Randoms. Here's a list of all the animations need for a character again.
  • standing
  • walking
  • jumping
  • hanging
  • doubleJump
  • falling
  • upSpecial
  • hit
  • downSpecial
  • sideSpecial
  • neutralSpecial
  • upNormal
  • downNormal
  • sideNormal
  • neutralNormal
Btw I just completely finished all of the penguins attacks :D This is big! We officially have 2 characters in Smash Clash!!!!

robro777

Smash Rookie
I think a plain sword would only fit for a character that wields it and not an item.
I think your right... I can change up the sword and make it better I guess but yeah... A sword that wields a character would be better then an item

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I could write a story premise to go with Smash Clash if you want that could go in promotional material and perhaps the game's intro?

I don't know how I'd incorporate Mister Randoms though, since he is technically a 3rd Party character. What's your opinion, SheldonRandoms?

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the absence, am currently dealing with working on my finals for the Majors. Still busy atm but at least I'm done with a few of them (especially the Animation project). Here's what I think of your friend's character, he's a bit too big in proportion with the other characters, at least based on his Jumping sprite. I do need to check his "stance" sprite if it does confirm this. Here he is scaled with other characters:

I'm not saying his sprite looks bad (I actually think it looks good), but he does need to resize it or at least show the normal "stance" sprite for better judgement. He doesn't need to be exactly as tall as the others, he can be a little taller as I imagine him to be either a Link or a Marth clone. Hope that helped. As for my character, I'll be posting you guys updates after the 16th (which is the day I'm done with the term)

Last edited:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo Here's what I got from him.

Stance:

Jump:

Falling:

Land:

Punch:

He's going to redo him with a sword and being the right size. I'm thinking he could be a Marth-like character? Maybe Link?

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Thanks, also hooray for the penguin! :D

Here's Mr. Randoms spinning around. This could work as his double jump and/or his falling animation(s), what do you think?

@ C CrossoverMan You could throw Mr. Randoms anywhere in the story, just say he randomly showed up, or he found one of those invitations or something. Also, since you said he was 3rd party, then that means I gotta give you the rights to include him in the story, which I do XD

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo Here's what I got from him.

Stance:

Jump:

Falling:

Land:

Punch:

He's going to redo him with a sword and being the right size. I'm thinking he could be a Marth-like character? Maybe Link?
I like it, I do agree that he should have a sword. My only problem with this is his stance white outline. (Though I guess I shouldn't complain since you said he'll redo it.)

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Thanks, also hooray for the penguin! :D

Here's Mr. Randoms spinning around. This could work as his double jump and/or his falling animation(s), what do you think?

@ C CrossoverMan You could throw Mr. Randoms anywhere in the story, just say he randomly showed up, or he found one of those invitations or something. Also, since you said he was 3rd party, then that means I gotta give you the rights to include him in the story, which I do XD
I didn't realize her was a 3rd party character. I google him and found this. You are the person who developed this right? Or you have rights?

Speaking of which, will we use his unicorn/pony form too then?

@ UltimateXsniper UltimateXsniper I'm sure the white outline will be gone when it's redone.

Info on the new sword wielding character.
- He is being re-sprited
- He will have a sword this time
- He will be resized
- His moveset will be comprised of attacks similar to Ike, Link, Marth and Roy

Updates on general development
- Penguin moveset is finished (still will be periodically touched up as we go)
- Brown character is removed (at least he isn't a playable character)
- Flare's fireballs move faster and are bigger
- Declares winner in an animated way
- Character hitboxes improved
- Better particles
- 2 new stages (Flappy Bird like stage needs to graphics)
- New main menu
- Charge attacks
- Ledge detection improved
- Improved character movement
- Scoring glitch fixed where you sometimes where not given a point for a kill
- Flare's side A nerfed
- Flare's neutral A attack animation fixed
- Flare's flinch animation improved
- Game camera improved
- Practice mode
- Sound effects in the working for Flare
- Game stabilizes better at low FPS
- Singleplayer mode has first level complete
- Online mode removed (it is nearly impossible to find a low latency multiplayer service for mobile games)

What's left before the next update? Here's some of the main things
- iOS support
- New menu music (we have it, I just need to put it in)
- Local WiFi battles in early development
- Make stages unlockable
- Make penguin unlockable
- Finish first few levels of singleplayer
- Finish first item
- Fix a few glitches here and there...as usual

The next update will contain more glitches than the last. The glitches reported from the last are mostly all fixed, but as I'm adding more and more stuff in I can't expect this version to be perfect the first time.

Last thing I want to mention, what do you guys think of starting a Smash Clash development forum? We could break down the forum into different categories of programming, character development, stage development, music, etc. Just a thought.

Anyways, I need to get going on my online class I've procrastinated. Keep up the great work guys!

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Yeah, I created and developed Mr. Randoms character and design and such. As for his Pegasus form, that's just what he would look like if he was one, so I guess that's a no to that (unless there was a power up that turned them into that, but probably not). As for a development forum, sure, that's sounds swell.

Here's Mr. Randoms punching, and also him being hit, how do these look?

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 Yeah, I created and developed Mr. Randoms character and design and such. As for his Pegasus form, that's just what he would look like if he was one, so I guess that's a no to that (unless there was a power up that turned them into that, but probably not). As for a development forum, sure, that's sounds swell.

Here's Mr. Randoms punching, and also him being hit, how do these look?
I like it :) I think I might enjoy Mr. Randoms more than the penguin ^.^

Btw what is the rest of his moveset looking like?

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
are you thinking a social forum here or opening your own forum?

ive got some experiance in dealing with the forums here and can say its extremely easy to set things up.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
are you thinking a social forum here or opening your own forum?

ive got some experiance in dealing with the forums here and can say its extremely easy to set things up.
I was thinking my own forum, but I'm not familiar with a social forum. What exactly is it?

Top Bottom