• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I'd like those changes. However, keep in touch for charging attacks though. I think clash did a fine job with charged smash attacks (Although having the ability to charge smash attacks in the air and specials can charge too is wierd). I thought charged attacks were already easy to do and it could be even simpler to control for mobile if they can only be preformed on the ground.
Good idea. I'll keep it in mind

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Happy 4th of July guys! :kirby:

I hope Clash update is looking well (Not unless the update already happened on IOS cause Android version is still missing). Still hyped about the sequel and my body is ready to put focus onto 2.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Going to be out of town without internet (most likely) for the next few days.

But I've gotten a LOT done on SSC2! I've developed a very good running/walking/dashing system. Pretty much mimics the mechanics of actual smash games. Dash dancing is even possible.

Next I will be working on jump mechanics. I'll make sure jump canceling is possible. From there I'll probably work on air physics a bit. Video will be posted in a few weeks of my progress.

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
Hello, it's been quite a while since I've posted here but for old times sake, I've done an artwork for the new character. I see a sequel is planned, I may consider joining. Anyways, hope you guys are faring well and I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Attachments

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Sorry if I haven't been working here in a while, especially Stacy Reaper. I have been busy lately with other things. :/

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Hello, it's been quite a while since I've posted here but for old times sake, I've done an artwork for the new character. I see a sequel is planned, I may consider joining. Anyways, hope you guys are faring well and I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Awesome!!!! Thanks dude. I'll randomize which vector art is used each time xD

I've been really busy at my internship...but here's some things I've added to the new engine :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4A_8-STkw

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
I might try this out sometime!
btw in the screenshot, is that a FD-like stage?

:fdb:Oh, and the controls... Do Aerials count with Neutral, Up, Down and Side?

Last edited:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I might try this out sometime!
btw in the screenshot, is that a FD-like stage?

:fdb:Oh, and the controls... Do Aerials count with Neutral, Up, Down and Side?
Yes it is a FD like stage. No controls are the same on the ground and air. They will be different, however, in the new version which is under development

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm still wondering if we're having a sequel thread or not. I'm just feeling a little jumpy cause I still haven't shown the surprises yet. :colorful:

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Welp, it's pretty sad to know that the android version is gone...even if you paid for it...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I sometimes check if the android version came back. We can dream. :sadeyes:

I don't know if it will effect the release of the update but I don't want the android version to slow down the ios version for the update.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
It's been awhile. So it's August, the month of school/college. I imagine this will slow us down as I assume some of us do have classes now and if not real soon. So good luck on every member that will be busy now. It will be tough, but we'll make it through. :4pacman:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Well it has been some time. I guess it is time for me to share something.

First off,
Super_Smash_Clash_2_Hype_Train.png

Secondly,
Smash_Clash_Royal_Rake.png

This is the exclusive sequel item I have made. It is called the Royal Rake. So this item would be considered as a trap. Pick it up, place it down, and watch victims get smacked! Something that gives clash a more cartoonish feel to it. With all the missiles, bouncer bomb,and party box I've worked on, I feel that this is a nice and different addition to the item selection for clash.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Things have sure gone quiet around here. So I guess if anyone is reading this, you're probably wondering where is everyone. To put it in short, I have no idea. At this point, it's been at the quietest point in this thread. Is the project dead? I certainly don't think so. I've tried getting some information and so far, I have heard nothing back. So what gives? It probably has to do with people have got so busy, they couldn't even check the thread. Not everyone has completely been gone for a month or a couple months, but other than me, I haven't heard anything related to the sequel for awhile. Now I'm not in charge of this project, no. I only do some sprite work here, so I can't call on anything. I do wonder myself on where is everybody, but I believe everything will come back to order eventually as I don't see a sequel end without any word about it.

So that's all I have to say. I am a little more concerned about the issue, but something will happen eventually. Don't think that this is canceled by any means, but the process have sure slowed down.

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
I'm still here, and this thread has gone quiet recently (and my caps lock yelling won't have an affect sadly : ( ), but as far as I know, the sequel has not been cancelled. I'll still help out with the sequel, and so will DemonApple DemonApple (even though she's more busier then me ;3). Just revving up a comment to let you know that i'm still here.

UltimateXsniper UltimateXsniper The royal rake is royally swell!:bee:

Also, 11/8 will mark 5 years that Mr. Randoms was born! :psycho::laugh::love:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So it's 2016, and we're still quiet.

"What's up with that?"
I'll let you in with a little secret... *whispers* I have no clue.

"Why are you here and explaining the obvious? "
Just to let you know I'm still alive and I want to show that I'm still in for whatever is going to happen in the future.

"Is the game closed now?"
I still can't truly confirm this but I can assume that we'll pick things up eventually. I want to believe that the sequel is still going to happen, maybe it has some work going slowly and silently as we speak. As for the return of the first game to google play, last thing I remember is that I heard that there will be a return. But hey, still on Apple's app store so there's that.

"When do you think things will start to spark up again?"
I can't be certain, but my best bet would be around summer where I believe would be the time where some of us would have more free time.

Now I have very little power to anything in the project so I can't confirm if it's dead or not. All I can do is hope that it is not dead. With all this effort I've seen put into the first game and plans on the sequel to become better, I highly doubt that the project would just be dead all of a sudden without any word from it. I know it kinda looks like that and you see me bring stuff like this up a few times already, but I feel like I should bring up hope even though I'm just as clueless as you are.

As for now, that's pretty much all I have to say about this. I do hope that we'll have stuff to say later on in 2016.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Hey, guys! How are you?

Sorry if I might of been dead from this page, yet I did say I would do Stacy Reaper. I am still planning to work on her, I might do changes on her like if I were to start her over. Heck, I also was trying to make a boss for Arcade Mode with him making things glitchy.

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
I'm still here...It's been over a year since Ziggurat was planned to be in the update for the game, is there any updates regarding Super Smash Clash 1/2 joehinkle11 joehinkle11 ?

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Long time no see. Life? Am I right? Ha..

I owe you all an apology. I'm sorry. I should not of disappeared off this forum when all of you were being so good to me offering help and discussing. So, why am I back? Well, SC was uploaded in summer of 2014. In summer of 2015, it was banned from the Google Play Store. This hit me pretty hard. Almost all of 2016 I had no real strides in my app development work. It wasn't until finally in 2017 that I can now...

present to you, Super Brawl Smash!
upload_2017-2-17_23-29-9.png

Who knows how long this will last. Last time I tried this Google accused me of impersonating myself (as I did upload this before in 2014), but I couldn't identify myself (as I am banned). Also, this version includes Zig! The iOS version still does not...because when I published it in highschool I kind of messed up...maybe I'll figure it out. I know it's selling for $1.99. If you'd like a promo code. No. The only people who get that are those who had purchased the app in the past or those who worked on the project.

Okay okay okay!! I know you guys are wondering. What about the sequel? As these rumors: No. But maybe. Right now I'm in the place in my life where there are many decisions. One is to pursue higher education (post-undergraduate) in philosophy. Another is to start my own app business. Another to work at a software company. I'm also considering going to seminary, but that one isn't very likely. The point is, whatever I do is going to have a huge impact on the amount of time I can put towards app development.

If I did make a sequel, I would begin its development in summer of 2018. The videos you saw of me making a sequel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSeCr5lc1Ms led you guys on, and I feel bad that I did. So next time I come back to the forums to develop Smash Clash 2, make sure that you have my word that I will follow through with the project. I need my heart in it next time. Last time I tried making the sequel I wasn't that excited about it. I had just made the first, and that thing was my baby. I was into it. I was so happy to see it succeed. The same feeling was there during the first's development. The same feeling needs to be there in the development of the sequel. I will begin development on it when I find that.

But I couldn't be more thankful for you all, and all of your "hype."

So here are the links to my apps on the new dev account.
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.impact_studios.superbrawlsmash
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.impact_studios.dubstepfloppyfowl

P.S. Sniper's train made my day!

Edit: somehow an older draft got posted. I haven't been here awhile and I'm already screwing things up I guess.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
That's awesome to hear! Glad to see you back and doing well! I've been through some things myself...Like changing my youtube name to Dr. Bidizzle. But on a serious note, I'm currently on my last year of high school and will be heading to college. So that's good.

I'm glad to see that you have a lot of choices to make in your life now. Remember to put in work for whatever you choose. Also, if you're interested and ready to come back to make clash 2 (or brawl smash 2 at this point now), you can always hit me up either from here or email and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Best of luck to you!

Oh and thanks about that train ;)

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
That's awesome to hear! Glad to see you back and doing well! I've been through some things myself...Like changing my youtube name to Dr. Bidizzle. But on a serious note, I'm currently on my last year of high school and will be heading to college. So that's good.

I'm glad to see that you have a lot of choices to make in your life now. Remember to put in work for whatever you choose. Also, if you're interested and ready to come back to make clash 2 (or brawl smash 2 at this point now), you can always hit me up either from here or email and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Best of luck to you!

Oh and thanks about that train ;)
Best of luck to you in college. Senior year of HS is when things get real haha

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling the Smash Clash 2 vibes again. The release of Rivals of Aether really inspired me. Their game is way too complex for mobile (you pretty much need a controller, and they have a dedicated button for smash attacks), but some of their mechanics were really creative. I liked how they took out ledges and added wall jumps. Their character movesets were awesome as well.

Anyways, I'm been thinking about starting development in the fall or winter of this year. I'm wrapping up my abroad trip, and my latest game, Kill the King, is just about finished. With my time clearing up, I've been toying with th2e idea of livestreaming the development of Smash Clash 2 on Twitch and YouTube. This way, I could teach people how to program in Corona and get instant feedback from the SC community. I could start by doing 2-3 hours every Saturday or something. We could have a chat setup. That way if anyone wants to learn they can drop a question. Also, if I'm out of ideas I could just as the chatroom. Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. Importing custom skins should be a feature of SC2. I'm sure someone could think of something cool for that.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I'm feeling the Smash Clash 2 vibes again. The release of Rivals of Aether really inspired me. Their game is way too complex for mobile (you pretty much need a controller, and they have a dedicated button for smash attacks), but some of their mechanics were really creative. I liked how they took out ledges and added wall jumps. Their character movesets were awesome as well.

Anyways, I'm been thinking about starting development in the fall or winter of this year. I'm wrapping up my abroad trip, and my latest game, Kill the King, is just about finished. With my time clearing up, I've been toying with th2e idea of livestreaming the development of Smash Clash 2 on Twitch and YouTube. This way, I could teach people how to program in Corona and get instant feedback from the SC community. I could start by doing 2-3 hours every Saturday or something. We could have a chat setup. That way if anyone wants to learn they can drop a question. Also, if I'm out of ideas I could just as the chatroom. Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. Importing custom skins should be a feature of SC2. I'm sure someone could think of something cool for that.
Hey, any new characters you are thinking of adding in the roster as newcomers?

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I like Peach :p I've gotten a lot of request from 8-year-olds wanting Sonic haha. That rock character in Rivals of Aether is really inspiring as well.

To tell you the truth, I care way more about that game's feature than I do the roster. All I know is I want more than 10 characters in this one. We would have to get a team together again I guess. But I'm more focused on the game's features. Solid online multiplayer, better gameplay, tighter controls, less glitchy, attacks which are more than a hitbox or creating a projectile, etc. I built this game when I was 18-19 and new to mobile game dev. I'm now 21 and want to see what I'm capable of.

Not sure if I mention importing custom skins too. That would be cool for legal reasons. ;)

Edit: I also wanted to mention I'm way more capable of game building now. I just finished a cool library which allows for recording replays in games. We could have a "play of the game" like in Overwatch. This would probably be utilized in online a lot. I'm going to have to come up with a list of features I want and take a poll or something. There's a lot in my head atm. Oh yeah, and I want to support up to 8 players in large maps online. Possibly more if I figure it out.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
i think it sounds great. I like the features you included especially gameplay. While I like the gameplay on the original, I wouldn't mind the gameplay has some fine tuning. Although I am curious about controls as we are limited to touch controls (not unless it becomes branched out to actual controllers of some sort) and I feel like this has always been a problem. What it is now is fine and simple enough to play with, but there should be some kind of way to defend yourself from attacks.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
i think it sounds great. I like the features you included especially gameplay. While I like the gameplay on the original, I wouldn't mind the gameplay has some fine tuning. Although I am curious about controls as we are limited to touch controls (not unless it becomes branched out to actual controllers of some sort) and I feel like this has always been a problem. What it is now is fine and simple enough to play with, but there should be some kind of way to defend yourself from attacks.
I've been considering a tap on the joystick could perform techs and parries. No shield. I'm not sure if you noticed, but Z-cancels are implemented in Smash Clash if you tap the joystick before hitting the ground.

I liked some of the controls "Break the Targets" used. I think theirs was good for target breaking, but it might be too complicated for combat on a phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qprod.btt&hl=en

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I just tried break the targets and it felt smooth. Control layout was a bit unusual but still ran pretty well. I think swiping would be what makes it complicated if it was set to fighting instead of breaking targets.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. This is very last minute, but I've decided the record the entire development of SSC2. I'm going to livestream it on YouTube, but I'm mainly recording it for those who want to watch it later (not live). Anyways, I'm aiming for 6:00pm eastern daylight time. I'll pop the link here once it is set up.

Edit: changed time. Streaming requires programs apparently xD

Last edited:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Apologizes for doing that livestream last minute. The next one is at 5:00pm tomorrow (or today I guess..), Sunday the 16th, eastern daylight time. There is no schedule yet, but hopefully I'll develop one after I get in the habit of doing these livestreams.

I'm not trying to teach anyone how to code. I'm just documenting the development of this game and having fun filming it.

A new thread should be started soon as well. I'll link to it after I create it.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Last announcement for my livestream on SmashBoards. I don't want to spam people on here. This one is at 11:00pm EDT...in 10 minutes. I'm going to only announce on my Twitter for now on. @SmashClash and @j1hinkle will tweet times. I'll have a regular schedule setup once I get situated.

Top Bottom