• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Not really that I know of...here is an example of how the character animations end up looking. Make sure each frame is on a separate file.
Thanks. I will look through these and see if I can make a new version on Stacy Reaper for you. Cool? :)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Not gonna lie, ever since we've talked about a sequel, I've been hyped ever since. Oh I can't wait to have discussions about it! :rotfl:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Not gonna lie, ever since we've talked about a sequel, I've been hyped ever since. Oh I can't wait to have discussions about it! :rotfl:
Yeah, that would be cool! It would be amazing if it ever made on PC, MAC, and the consoles (Like Xbox One/360, Playstation 3/4/Vita, and the Wii U), though it could take a lot of time to do the console part, but would be sweet if any joystick in the PC or MAC versions would make it in.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to take a quick break this week from development. I have an interview for an internship and a few exams to study for. This weekend I'll put some effort into showing you guys what I'm working on.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm not gonna lie, but I completely forgot we have our own forums for clash. :chuckle:

Any ideas how to make it a bit more alive?

Last edited:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I'm not gonna lie, but I completely forgot we have our own forums for clash. :chuckle:

Any ideas how to make it a bit more alive?
It seems pretty dead. haha. My roommate started it for some reason, and I think the problem is I never really cared for it xD

Well, how about we think of more ideas for the game.
I had some ideas for online. Maybe a race mode, where you are trying to race other players while fighting them to get to the finish first!

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I have a demo of the new engine :D Will post a video tomorrow ;) Don't expect anything big. Just laying down groundwork

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Here is a new updated version of Stacy Reaper, which is 29% done and needs a few more stuff like walking, attacks, etc.:

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I have a demo of the new engine :D Will post a video tomorrow ;) Don't expect anything big. Just laying down groundwork
I am looking forward to beta testing again once available (if you plan to of course).
Also won't we need a new thread for the sequel soon?

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Would be cool. Plus, we gotta think of a intro before the title screen. It would be cool if it had one, but it would feature every fighter, including new ones, in it fighting each other. Any ideas for that?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Would be cool. Plus, we gotta think of a intro before the title screen. It would be cool if it had one, but it would feature every fighter, including new ones, in it fighting each other. Any ideas for that?
I like the idea of having an intro, but we probably want an animator to pull that off.

I kinda want to talk about story mode if we do put that in. I was thinking maybe we have chapters to go with it. So like,

Chapter 1: The Clash Tournament,
The old 5 veterans return and entered a tournament. They meet these new fighters (and couple "old" ones that were in a smash clash 1 update) and talk trash to each other and eventually become rivals for the tournament.
Chapter 2: A New Threat,
Right after someone wins the tournament, the 5 veterans return to their homeland (or live together which ever is easier) in peace until, some big leader comes to invade the world starting at their home. The 5 veterans must fight off some of the invader's minions.
Chapter 3: The Spreading,
Meanwhile, the 5 veterans are fighting at their home, the other team was also invaded.
Chapter 4: Team up,
Both of the teams joimed together to stop their main enemy.
Chapter 5: yada yada ect... and can keep going for a few more (or a lot more, whatever floats) chapters. Maybe they will bond together or some dark or plot twist and all that jazz and the final chapter is them winning clearly.

This was just something that was on my head for a few hours. :p
(I probably don't want to talk too much on this unless we are going to keep all the sequel stuff on this thread rather than a new one)

Oh, and sorry for asking, but how are the Party Box and Bouncer doing? I haven't heard anything from them since I've showed them. Can they be in smash clash 1?

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I like the idea of having an intro, but we probably want an animator to pull that off.

I kinda want to talk about story mode if we do put that in. I was thinking maybe we have chapters to go with it. So like,

Chapter 1: The Clash Tournament,
The old 5 veterans return and entered a tournament. They meet these new fighters (and couple "old" ones that were in a smash clash 1 update) and talk trash to each other and eventually become rivals for the tournament.
Chapter 2: A New Threat,
Right after someone wins the tournament, the 5 veterans return to their homeland (or live together which ever is easier) in peace until, some big leader comes to invade the world starting at their home. The 5 veterans must fight off some of the invader's minions.
Chapter 3: The Spreading,
Meanwhile, the 5 veterans are fighting at their home, the other team was also invaded.
Chapter 4: Team up,
Both of the teams joimed together to stop their main enemy.
Chapter 5: yada yada ect... and can keep going for a few more (or a lot more, whatever floats) chapters. Maybe they will bond together or some dark or plot twist and all that jazz and the final chapter is them winning clearly.

This was just something that was on my head for a few hours. :p
(I probably don't want to talk too much on this unless we are going to keep all the sequel stuff on this thread rather than a new one)

Oh, and sorry for asking, but how are the Party Box and Bouncer doing? I haven't heard anything from them since I've showed them. Can they be in smash clash 1?
The story sounds amazing! :D
I bet Story Mode would be cool to add to the game like how SSBB did it.

I'm sorry, but what about Party Box and Bouncer? They new fighters in this game? :/

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Nah it's cool. I already sprited them awhile ago (Bouncer was about a few months ago while Party Box was about a month, maybe longer) and I haven't heard much about them in game ever since.

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Oh. Sorry.
Btw, although I am still in the progress of making Stacy Reaper, but what would you and Joehinkle11 think if I made the final boss named as The Glitch, the host of the tournament?

It would start out as the game takes you back to the title screen, but then it glitches up as the boss appears by the player at the start of the match. He could have the same characters from the roster as his minions, but glitchier.

I will post up a portrait ASAP.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Good news guys...I got the internships! :D

I'm been so busy these past few weeks. Sorry for not posting. My macbook just broke after updating it too...so right now I'm kind of stuck.

Here are some things to know about the Smash Clash update.
- Zig is complete
- Multiplayer doesn't work
- I need to add Zig's event matches
- I need to add those new items too

As for the new Smash Clash engine I'm working on, here's a video :D
Things to note
- Fast load times
- Custom physics engine (I made my own instead of using Corona's built in one)
- Layered scenes
- Camera can fit objects onto the screen perfectly (I used math guys...trig n stuff)
- Stages can by very dynamic. For instance, if you want an animated background, I could do that easily. No sweat. I could even make moving platforms
- Collision system does not allow for characters to EVER appear inside a wall (theoretically). No more complaints about any characters (cough cough Dr. Puffs) getting stuck

Edit: Just realized I forget to give you guys the link :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSeCr5lc1Ms

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Good news guys...I got the internships! :D

I'm been so busy these past few weeks. Sorry for not posting. My macbook just broke after updating it too...so right now I'm kind of stuck.

Here are some things to know about the Smash Clash update.
- Zig is complete
- Multiplayer doesn't work
- I need to add Zig's event matches
- I need to add those new items too

As for the new Smash Clash engine I'm working on, here's a video :D
Things to note
- Fast load times
- Custom physics engine (I made my own instead of using Corona's built in one)
- Layered scenes
- Camera can fit objects onto the screen perfectly (I used math guys...trig n stuff)
- Stages can by very dynamic. For instance, if you want an animated background, I could do that easily. No sweat. I could even make moving platforms
- Collision system does not allow for characters to EVER appear inside a wall (theoretically). No more complaints about any characters (cough cough Dr. Puffs) getting stuck

Edit: Just realized I forget to give you guys the link :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSeCr5lc1Ms
This is sweet! We are finally getting a sequel! Which I am still needing to do sprites on Stacy Reaper, which I am really sorry it is taking SO long. I have been busy lately. :(

If need I can also work on some other stuff like Stacy's Bedroom as a stage.

Btw, any idea on who we gonna hire next for the announcer?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I don't know if we need a new announcer, maybe if we had some special kind of voice effects would work. I guess it depends on which sounds more epic. The announcer we have now with special effects or a new announcer with special effects. Or just keep the announcer with no special effects.

Also, sorry Joe that I keep asking this but are we going to have a new thread for the sequel? I just kinda want to know so I can post a little surprise for the sequel (not for in game but it's something) at the right time. :smash:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I don't know if we need a new announcer, maybe if we had some special kind of voice effects would work. I guess it depends on which sounds more epic. The announcer we have now with special effects or a new announcer with special effects. Or just keep the announcer with no special effects.

Also, sorry Joe that I keep asking this but are we going to have a new thread for the sequel? I just kinda want to know so I can post a little surprise for the sequel (not for in game but it's something) at the right time. :smash:
Sounds cool. Sure, we can make another thread.

Heck, if it is cool, maybe we can make a roster list to see who else besides the other characters from the original game, such as newcomers, could appear next. Including Stacy Reaper, I promise I will work on her.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Ok, so I have 2 surprises.

1. I already said it doesn't involve in game of smash clash 2. Let's just say it contains hype when we start up a new thread for smash clash 2.
2. The other is what I recently made that I want it exclusive to Super Smash Clash 2, and that is an item. The hint for this is that it is something you probably have seen in some old cartoons.

So I will reveal these 2 things for the new thread once we feel like it is time.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Ok, so I have 2 surprises.

1. I already said it doesn't involve in game of smash clash 2. Let's just say it contains hype when we start up a new thread for smash clash 2.
2. The other is what I recently made that I want it exclusive to Super Smash Clash 2, and that is an item. The hint for this is that it is something you probably have seen in some old cartoons.

So I will reveal these 2 things for the new thread once we feel like it is time.
Nice! Cannot wait to see them in our new thread. :)

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Congratz on getting that internship! :bluejump:

As for the talk about a possible new announcer, I could take a crack at that, and would also be open to other possible voice acting :lick:

And i'll also check out that new thread, once it's made first that is:awesome:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Congratz on getting that internship! :bluejump:

As for the talk about a possible new announcer, I could take a crack at that, and would also be open to other possible voice acting :lick:

And i'll also check out that new thread, once it's made first that is:awesome:
sweet! I would love to hear from you. I bet you would amazing at it. :D

Cool. Don't worry. The thread for its sequel shall be made ASAP.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Ok. I should be able to post my surprise in about Thursday or Friday if the thread is made by then. I am not going to be at my house where my work is for a couple days. I'll still be around the forums, but I won't have my surprise with me for a couple days.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
What would you think if we did the game in consoles depending how much we would transfer a mobile game on to the big screen? Cause I was thinking we could make the sequel go to Xbox One and PS4. Then maybe we could also add something as an exclusive character, stage, or whatever comes up.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
It is an interesting idea that we discussed before. I think it would be much harder to get an indie game on Xbox One amd PS4 than it would for something like Steam. I think we do have plans for Oyua though.

...................................................................................................

MEANWHILE IN SMASH CLASH

"Hey Flare, we're going to have a sequel! Where did you put the ite-"

Screenshot_2015-03-31-16-00-09.png

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
It is an interesting idea that we discussed before. I think it would be much harder to get an indie game on Xbox One amd PS4 than it would for something like Steam. I think we do have plans for Oyua though.

...................................................................................................

MEANWHILE IN SMASH CLASH

"Hey Flare, we're going to have a sequel! Where did you put the ite-"

View attachment 45711
Well, looks like we need to pack up our items again. In other words: Found them!

I believe the Ouya would be acceptable! In fact, it could possibly work. :)

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
So, not meaning to double-post, but is anyone still around here? We haven't posted anything here in a while.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Yeah I'm still here. I'm curious on how the update is going. Like how zig's event matches are going for example.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Yeah I'm still here. I'm curious on how the update is going. Like how zig's event matches are going for example.
That's cool. Hey, not meaning to pesture you over a sequel still, but how do you think if Zig made it in?

Thing is, I am not sure what the heck happened to @ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 lately. I haven't heard from him in a while.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I don't know much about Zig so I can't say much (other than it is an interesting character I'd like to play)

Joe is probably busy especially since he just got interships. The thread gets a bit quiet sometimes when some people get busy on stuff like school, college, ect.

DemonApple

Smash Rookie
Oh hey there peoples. Sorry I haven't been on the thread in five eternities. College malarkey and whatnot.

Hiya, @ Russell_SSB Russell_SSB Welcome to the team and nice to meet you! As you can see from my icon, I'm the one that made Ziggurat. I really like the design for Stacy

We totes need voice acting for Smash Clash 2. That would be the bomb diggity. :drflip:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm still alive..just barely. College getting crazy with exams, events and what not. Just going to say that Zig is complete and I just need to add in the new event match levels. I also need to add him on the character select screen...other than that I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few weeks due to exams.

Top Bottom