• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Play a round in freeplay after you play 15 matches for Crash.

I think you just need to play some level in singleplayer for r

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Well I got the new update and was finally able to unlock Crash, how do you unlock randoms?
Play a round in freeplay after you play 15 matches for Crash.

I think you just need to play some level in singleplayer for randoms. I can't remember.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Merry Christmas!!!!
I hope everyone is having a great break so far. I have a few development announcements and gift announcements.

Development Announcements
  • First off, funny Christmas video from Smash Clash!
  • Zig
    • Having issues development-wise. Mainly problems on my end, so you can expect him to be done late January.
  • iOS
    • iOS is a huge success :D Great work guys! We have over 100 downloads already :D
    • Small glitches are present in the iOS version, but I will roll out a fix early January
    • The free version of Smash Clash will be on iOS in January also
  • Free version January update
    • Multiplayer will be unlockable. Since we have a user base about about 10,000, it think it's ready. Note this is still local multiplayer. Still works okayish though :/
  • Youtube reviewers
    • I have gotten a hold on three reviewers now. They should be doing videos within the next few weeks. This should hopefully drive some more people to it
Gift Announcements
  • I have set aside some money from the game's revenue to buy gift cards for everyone who contributed to the game. The gift card amounts are proportional to the amount of work the contributor put into it. Please note that this is just a small gift as there are about 15 people who contributed. If you do the math, it can get expensive very fast. Not to mention I have worked full time between social media marketing and programming during the 90% of the game's development. Nobody here works for me, but instead have volunteer time to better the game. That being said, you guys are AWESOME for helping me out, and this could not have been done with out you. We started as a random thread on this site, and hundreds of sprite sequences, 40,000 lines of code and almost two years later, we have made a dent in the mobile market. Smash Clash has become the #1 alternative to Smash Bros on mobile devices.
  • After tonight I am not going to be online until after the new year most likely, so if I can't get a gift card to you before Christmas you will just have to wait xD
  • I will contact you invidually for the gift. If you have contributed and I do not contact you, message me.

Have a Merry Christmas, and let's not forget why we are celebrating.

8 And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. 10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” 15 When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger. 17 And when they saw it, they made known the saying that had been told them concerning this child. 18 And all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds told them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. 20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them.

21 And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

- Luke 2:8-21

If you haven't taken the time to read through the story of Jesus, I encourage you to do so.

- Joe

UnicellularProteus

Smash Rookie
Geez, that was quite a huge development announcement.
I'm just glad that an incredible amount of sweat, blood, and tears went into this project. I just gotta say, "Thanks" to you, Joe Hinkle, and the many others who helped push this project along. You all put so much effort into this game, and it shows. I appreciate the amount of talented individuals aspiring to make this game much more fine-tuned to other Players.
Now, let's just hope I can get some more competitive individuals to help get my scores off the Leaderboards (^_^; )
(I'm looking at you, Joe. (^_-) )

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Geez, that was quite a huge development announcement.
I'm just glad that an incredible amount of sweat, blood, and tears went into this project. I just gotta say, "Thanks" to you, Joe Hinkle, and the many others who helped push this project along. You all put so much effort into this game, and it shows. I appreciate the amount of talented individuals aspiring to make this game much more fine-tuned to other Players.
Now, let's just hope I can get some more competitive individuals to help get my scores off the Leaderboards (^_^; )
(I'm looking at you, Joe. (^_-) )
Haha I recently tried...not going to lie, your scores are making me wonder if you hacked XD

Or... *erases your score off from Leaderboards*
Now I kid... maybe. :smirk:
Great idea...hehe

I'm sorry I'm late on this gift...just waiting for Google and Apple to pay me...something went wrong with paperwork, and I fixed it today. :)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So I checked to see I was still first on classic easy... dang it UnicellularProteus! Beating me by 1 second. For the longest time he finally beat my score... *cries*

Anyway, hope everyone will have a happy new year!

Now where's that blue shell from mario kart?... :demon:

Last edited:

UnicellularProteus

Smash Rookie
So I checked to see I was still first on classic easy... dang it UnicellularProteus! Beating me by 1 second. For the longest time he finally beat my score... *cries*

Anyway, hope everyone will have a happy new year!

Now where's that blue shell from mario kart?... :demon:
Don't worry, UltimateXsniper. You'll beat my score soon enough. Who knows, perhaps you'll beat me by 10, heck even 20 seconds if you put your mind to it (or just spam Lord Jump Mad).

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
I hope everyone had a swell holiday, as well as going to have a swell new year, which we will be going into real soon, but when you read this, it'll most likely be 2015, so........HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I got the game on iOS, so I finally own it, and don't have to ask my sister(s) for their tablets to play it anymore. I also rated it 5 stars, and gave it a swell review:joyful:

Also, my score is good =w=

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I've played it I have a feeling that the game is so broken it can be competitive not going to be in apex but smaller tournaments only if you give a option to turn off items

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I've played it I have a feeling that the game is so broken it can be competitive not going to be in apex but smaller tournaments only if you give a option to turn off items
Haha I like that. Broken games are the most fun to exploit. I'll look into putting that in. On a side note, I'm looking at making multiplayer on one device. Also going to add support for Ouya so you can play on the big screen.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I sent out some messages to you guys. Btw, does anyone happen to have an Android TV, Fire TV, Ouya or something? I'm looking to port to some TV platform.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I don't know about the ouya. I've been hearing the console isn't doing well on sales and has some problems on the console itself that critics seem to say. Not to mention it isn't a console that you will hear about unless you try to look it up. Android tv (or google's nexus tv which I have never heard of until I looked it up.) Has some mediocre reviews. Fire Tv seems decent though. But no, I don't have any of these.

I've been thinking about what if we can somehow get it on the big consoles. But I don't know if that is too extreme to happen and I don't know the process of doing that. However meme run is on wii u and that thing goes for 5$.

But you probably will get the best audience from fire tv. Out of the 3, it seems that the sales and reviews are better than the other 2.

Last edited:

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
Haven't got any of those things, but I was planning on getting an Ouya at some point =w= almost forgot about that thing.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Ok I might just put the TV thing on hold.

Here's a video of me demoing Ziggy...

I toned down LJM's fart in the update too.

I'm finishing up Dubstep Bird. I'm going to make it So that you can unlock Zig in the full version by getting at least 10 points in that game (there are other ways too of course).

I'm also working on getting the free version to have multiplayer (still local and still sucks).

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
Um, hey. I don't have a phone, he said every item except green missile is going to be redone, so, Is there an image of all the Items so I know what they look like, & try to make them better? Also, what should the sprite dimensions be?

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I actually kinda want to know about an sheet with items as well or at least a image for each item. While I may know what items are in the game, it would be nice to have old item sprites and just do comparisons such as size & shape.

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
Alright, since no one here has seen my sprites, I created a sheet with all of the sprites I could find, & even some current project ones:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Um, hey. I don't have a phone, he said every item except green missile is going to be redone, so, Is there an image of all the Items so I know what they look like, & try to make them better? Also, what should the sprite dimensions be?
I already have someone working on the items. We need to focus on sprite and stage development currently.

Alright, since no one here has seen my sprites, I created a sheet with all of the sprites I could find, & even some current project ones:
Nice! Are you interested in making a character?

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
Nice! Are you interested in making a character?
I thought you'd never ask.
I'm thinking about re-doing the sprites for the sphere guy, but with dimensions that will fit the game's size.
All I need is every animation I need to do, & the dimensions. I am also trying to work on my own game, using the same character & more (if that's OK we use the same character)

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I finally put myself to unlock all characters and stages (ashamed to say that at this point because I played for so long now). I got cr4sh and randoms now. And it's so satisfying to see all characters. Knowing I had to go for stages as well, Random's events were absolutely amazing. They were so bizarre from other events from other characters and I love it. And event 5 was just... Beautiful. It was worth playing all of his event matches to get the flappy stage.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Ok since we already have people redoing items, I came up with this new item.
Smash_Clash_Party_Box.png

Party Box! It's a similar concept to the Party ball in smash bros, but for this box to open, you have to hit it for it to open up. Once you hit it, the sprites at the bottom shows that it will open up. I was thinking we could have some particle effect in the game that will happen while it opens up. It will give out random items such as food, handful of missiles, few minimizing items (Don't know the name to the item that makes you small), ect...
I actually came up with this since my B-day is coming up in about 9 days and everyone loves parties. :shades:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I thought you'd never ask.
I'm thinking about re-doing the sprites for the sphere guy, but with dimensions that will fit the game's size.
All I need is every animation I need to do, & the dimensions. I am also trying to work on my own game, using the same character & more (if that's OK we use the same character)
That's fine if you use it for you game. Here's a sample of one of the other characters and a list of animations needed.

Sample character: http://www.filedropper.com/newred

Animations

standing
walking/running (there's no difference)
jump
double jump
hit/flinch
hanging on ledge
falling
landing
up normal attack
down normal attack
side normal attack
neutral normal attack
up special attack
down special attack
side special attack
neutral special attack

Ok since we already have people redoing items, I came up with this new item. View attachment 36030
Party Box! It's a similar concept to the Party ball in smash bros, but for this box to open, you have to hit it for it to open up. Once you hit it, the sprites at the bottom shows that it will open up. I was thinking we could have some particle effect in the game that will happen while it opens up. It will give out random items such as food, handful of missiles, few minimizing items (Don't know the name to the item that makes you small), ect...
I actually came up with this since my B-day is coming up in about 9 days and everyone loves parties. :shades:
I like the idea but it's still a bit low quality.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Sorry for the dub post but i got a different batch of Party Box sprites.
Smash_Clash_Party_Box.png

I think this version is much clearer and goes with a simpler look than the other version. I felt that the obese exclamation point in the other version was too much on a lot of things. So this one is more slim, even, doesn't focus with a mess of different yellows (This one just has a yellow as an outline and a different yellow to fill in). I also have the confetti thicker and goes a little more variety with the reds and blues. Also, totally by accident, I think the one side of red and one side of blue is a better fit. Also I gave the 2 purples bigger lines to look more noticeable and less straining to my eyes. Also I put an hidden image, the exclamation point also looks like an upside down party hat.

Last edited:

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the Smash Clash team @ optimuskirby optimuskirby , and those are some swell sprites you made!

@ UltimateXsniper UltimateXsniper Also like that party box for party time!

Ziggurat is looking good in the game, can't wait until he's ready! I'm thinking about making another character, just need to figure out who to make.....

(@DemonApple And will Ziggy report on top of that mountain like he did so in the past? ;3)

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Wow, those are REALLY big sprites.
But do I have to make small sprites, & then scale it up?
I mean how big were you thinking to make them? We don't want to force scale them because then one character's pixels will be bigger than another's.
Sorry for the dub post but i got a different batch of Party Box sprites.
View attachment 36192
I think this version is much clearer and goes with a simpler look than the other version. I felt that the obese exclamation point in the other version was too much on a lot of things. So this one is more slim, even, doesn't focus with a mess of different yellows (This one just has a yellow as an outline and a different yellow to fill in). I also have the confetti thicker and goes a little more variety with the reds and blues. Also, totally by accident, I think the one side of red and one side of blue is a better fit. Also I gave the 2 purples bigger lines to look more noticeable and less straining to my eyes. Also I put an hidden image, the exclamation point also looks like an upside down party hat.
Looking good :)

I'm a bit busy for the next week so bear with me.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm a bit busy for the next week so bear with me.
That's cool. I'm quite busy myself now that my break is over (I got exempt from finals + snow day). Now with my new classes is making me work this time around. I'll probably be even busier next month once sports come in play for me.

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
I mean how big were you thinking to make them? We don't want to force scale them because then one character's pixels will be bigger than another's.
Well, this is how big the sprite you sent me is:

I don't really know the size-up scale, I tried scaling it down to 20% original size, but even that had some pixels missing. If I were to make sprites, I'd have to know the dimensions. Or else it would look like Goku from the early builds of Smash Bros Crusade.
Also, is there a way I can play this W/out a phone? Cuz I'd really like to see what game I'd be working for.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Also, is there a way I can play this W/out a phone? Cuz I'd really like to see what game I'd be working for.
I hear bluestacks is a free download on PCs. You can play android games on that. So maybe you can download the free version of Smash Clash and then play once you find out what keys does what.

Last edited:

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
Oh ok, so I downloaded the game, & it barely runs on my computer. But what I've played of it..... The knock-back is crap.

Top Bottom