• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Got the new update, the game seems more laggy and harder to move, also what are the new ways of unlocking characters?

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Got the new update, the game seems more laggy and harder to move, also what are the new ways of unlocking characters?

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
More laggy? I seemed to be the same speed for me. I'll test it on my friend's S3 today to be sure. I forgot actually because I did that part a month ago xD

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 glad to see you're still keeping the board updated. I don't know how I should say this but, I'm not sure I can finish my sprite sheets for the character Dioxin. First off, he is out of scale compared to the rest of the characters (ie too big) so in order to fix this, I have to rework all his individual sprites (which are too many). Next, Pixel art to me has become time consuming so I moved on to illustration. I'm sad to say I got preoccupied with other things that I can't make pixel art for the time being... unless I work as a team. Here's the original sprite in line with the other characters:

Good news is I can still do some illustrations for your game. I see you have another character finished. If you still need some more character or promo materials, I can pitch in. Sorry again but it was a pleasure to be part of this.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 glad to see you're still keeping the board updated. I don't know how I should say this but, I'm not sure I can finish my sprite sheets for the character Dioxin. First off, he is out of scale compared to the rest of the characters (ie too big) so in order to fix this, I have to rework all his individual sprites (which are too many). Next, Pixel art to me has become time consuming so I moved on to illustration. I'm sad to say I got preoccupied with other things that I can't make pixel art for the time being... unless I work as a team. Here's the original sprite in line with the other characters:

Good news is I can still do some illustrations for your game. I see you have another character finished. If you still need some more character or promo materials, I can pitch in. Sorry again but it was a pleasure to be part of this.
Thank you for your contribution, Karakato Dzo. You did a lot for the team! I'm a bit sad Dioxin will not be playable though :(

Maybe I can through in his old sprites as a giant enemy for some game mode later...

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ DemonApple DemonApple I'm going to start programming your character tonight ;) I will post video updates on YouTube. Let me know if there are any specifics you want with his attacks, or ifthere should be "secret moves" you can do with him. (i.e. attacking up be then pushing down wihtin half a second cancels)

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Welcome to the boards ;3

@ DemonApple DemonApple will probably get the beta, which I will also try out on her device (Hopefully she let's me >: U). So with Dupstep bird, will the design of the bird be the Flappy Bird, or will that be changed?

@ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo Thanks for helping out with Mr.Randoms' sprites, as well as your artwork for the game, which is swell!

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I HAVE FULLY WORKING VERSIONS OF DUBSTEP BIRD AND SUPER SMASH CLASH ON IOS!!!!!!!

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
TIME TO CELEBRATE WITH SOME DUPSTEP AND CHEESE!!!

So how long do you think it'll take for both to be on iOS? @ DemonApple DemonApple Has a powerful enough iPod this time ;3

DemonApple

Smash Rookie
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Yay for programming Ziggurat!! I think the cancel on his up special sounds like a good idea.

Also, about Dioxin. Why can't you just slow him down and make him more powerful like a Bowser character? It seems like a waste that @ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo did all that work just to have the character be a tad too big. It'd be a shame for Dioxin to be our Ridley.

Another thing, it is okay that you're using Flappy bird for that dubstep game? Or is it just a placeholder for something else? I'm really curious as to what the game will be like. I think a neat idea would be if someone has purchased Smash Clash that they could get the Smash Clash characters in Dubstep Bird! I don't know if Google Play apps do that, but I know IOS apps do that. :happysheep:

Last edited:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Yay for programming Ziggurat!! I think the cancel on his up special sounds like a good idea.

Also, about Dioxin. Why can't you just slow him down and make him more powerful like a Bowser character? It seems like a waste that @ Karakato Dzo Karakato Dzo did all that work just to have the character be a tad too big. It'd be a shame for Dioxin to be our Ridley.

Another thing, it is okay that you're using Flappy bird for that dubstep game? Or is it just a placeholder for something else? I'm really curious as to what the game will be like. I think a neat idea would be if someone has purchased Smash Clash that they could get the Smash Clash characters in Dubstep Bird! I don't know if Google Play apps do that, but I know IOS apps do that. :happysheep:
We should definitely find a use for Dioxin. I just have no idea what that would be O.o Friend boxes were one idea we had, where we could also use the lady from a awhile back.

Dubstep Bird uses an altered version of the Flappy Bird. I'm probably going to have to change the character up some more as all I did was took out the shading, changed the size and color a bit. Google has flagged the beta version twice for using the word "flappy" and "floppy" in the description. Since then I have removed all words like that and it seems to be okay. Not sure how Apple will take it though. I also have Dubstep Bird working on iOS in case anyone was wondering.

I did find one glitch in the "fully working" versions I had. It's fixed, and tonight I'm going to compile the actual final versions on my friends mac as well as upload the trailers to the App Store. The App Store listings are pretty much finished and the screenshots are up. It's all downhilil from here.

@ SheldonRandoms SheldonRandoms I'd expect both to be on the App Store in a little over a month. I have finals coming up so those are a priority.

I'm also pushing out an update to the free version allowing for you to unlock a 3rd character if you win 6 in a row. It's just mainly there to taunt people xD (I highly doubt one can win 6 in a row as the most I got was 3).

If any of you are familiar with Luis Finke's iSSB, him and I are teaming up to develop a whole new smash-inspired fighting game. We are using C++ coupled with the SDL library. Essentially, this baby will support anything we like (touchscreens, gamepads, mouse and keyboard) and run on anything (iOS, Windows, Mac, Android). What's great is that we are going to be focusing on a multiplayer aspect to. Hopefully we can get this down to a low enough latency that it ends up in the final version. I also want to focus on the physics of this new game. Smash Clash does a great job with being smooth and fast, but I think we can do better. Smash Clash does not stay very true to the physics of Smash Bros which seems to be its downfall. Again there is the problem of trying to make the game use the simple mobile controls while retaining the same depth of gameplay.

The current code-name for this project is Mobile Brawler but this will probably change.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
@ DemonApple DemonApple I got Ziggy working :)...to an extent...

Here's the problem

As you can see, as I run right, he faces left. Not all animations do this, but running and several others do.

You need to make sure that he is ALWAYS facing to the right. See Flare's sprite's for example

Also, many of your sprites have a white background behind them. While I can fix those each time it's a bit of a hassle. And if we want to do alternate colors we might want to get rid of it now. Just make sure the bg is transparent.

Besides that I was able to get him moving around in the game :D Nice work!

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
Worked on Mr.Randoms' alternate colors. I tried to get rid of all of those little white background things as best I could (those things are evil!). I looked back at Mr.Mummy Randoms sprites, and noticed he had WAY to much of those, so I got rid of them : U So sorry for that, but I guess that's what happens when you stay up all night for 3 days.

Attachments

DemonApple

Smash Rookie
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Sorry about all the white bgs and left sprites and such. If you could send me any of the fixed sprites that you have that would make my job a lot easier. I haven't had a whole lot of time to be working on these sprites because I'm sure that you're well aware that finals are coming up soon and drowning in work is a pretty common thing.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Sorry about all the white bgs and left sprites and such. If you could send me any of the fixed sprites that you have that would make my job a lot easier. I haven't had a whole lot of time to be working on these sprites because I'm sure that you're well aware that finals are coming up soon and drowning in work is a pretty common thing.
I would, but it wouldn't help...it's in spritesheet form, not individual images

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 Thank you! Are these facing the right way or do I have to flip anything around? I dunno all these magical coding rules. :drohyou:
I think you might need to make all the sprites facing the right direction. I think it's so you can just duplicate a copy of the sprites and then you can make that copy face the opposite direction with no hassle. And that opposite copy will be triggered when you head left. At least that is what I assume.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still enjoying it. However, on my tablet's home menu the game icon is the basic green android character rather than a running Flare image (game still working correctly beyond that).

Just a head's up.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Still enjoying it. However, on my tablet's home menu the game icon is the basic green android character rather than a running Flare image (game still working correctly beyond that).

Just a head's up.
Which tablet are you using?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626

Just a head's up.
I actually had that problem myself. I don't know what caused it, but I fixed it when I removed it (not delete it) from my home page and go get it back.

404House

Smash Cadet
I actually signed up for the alpha of this whenever it popped up in my GMail earlier this year. Forgot it even existed >_<

Glad to see more progress made, keep up the good work :)

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ DemonApple DemonApple asked me to upload Ziggurat's recolors (as well as a version of regular Ziggy without those white squares) for her, so here they are! Each recolor is based on another Parchaeater's color scheme, and some changed slightly from the original concept colors. @ DemonApple DemonApple also said the zombie sprites for Ziggy will be done really soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

DemonApple

Smash Rookie
I finished the Ziggy zombi sprites.........@SheldonRandoms, plz upload them, since the upload button still won't appear for me : U

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
@ DemonApple DemonApple =w=

Edit: You forgot to color his eyes white when he's facing towards the player doing that pigtail move (and also one sprite when he's facing the player during his tail spin move), so I fixed it for you ;3

Attachments

Last edited:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
iOS Version is out!
Apple is currently processing the app and is should be in the store either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Undead_terror

Smash Cadet
NNID
Undead_terror
3DS FC
5198-2827-6360
Well I got the new update and was finally able to unlock Crash, how do you unlock randoms?

Top Bottom