• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Perhaps those other faces could be her idle animations. Otherwise she would be a rather expressionless character, which is not what I intended. Keep up the good work bro! Have you also considered spriting Brachy the Brachiosaurus?

I also know this guy in New York that would love to include two comicbook characters he created. They are called LYK and Bear and he said that they should be a tag team character like Ice Climbers. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/characternity/lyk-and-bear-issue-1-no-food-deed-unpunished

Also, my friends at school have played the game and unfortunately say it kinda sucks. But since the game is still in alpha stages, I have told them to postpone their opinions until the full game comes out.

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps those other faces could be her idle animations. Otherwise she would be a rather expressionless character, which is not what I intended. Keep up the good work bro! Have you also considered spriting Brachy the Brachiosaurus?

I also know this guy in New York that would love to include two comicbook characters he created. They are called LYK and Bear and he said that they should be a tag team character like Ice Climbers. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/characternity/lyk-and-bear-issue-1-no-food-deed-unpunished

Also, my friends at school have played the game and unfortunately say it kinda sucks. But since the game is still in alpha stages, I have told them to postpone their opinions until the full game comes out.
No, I dont intend on making that character. And the game doesnt suck, its not even presentable to people who'd say that. its an early testing release, showcasing mainly the physics. Smash bros 1 would have sucked with 1 character (2 if you count the brown thing) and 3 stages.

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ C CrossoverMan The Character select screen could very well end up like any other fighting game where only the icon mugshots are shown lest you move over them to get a better view of the character. Also, if the name Princess Peach can fit into the Smash games, I'm very well certain that Queenie Linguine or Royal Paine can fit.

@ InnerMobius InnerMobius I think that last sprite looks great in an appealing design standpoint that would please everybody while managing to retain some ugliness/wickedness. Maybe you could even exaggerate the cheek bone a bit, but I'm fine with the current one you made.

@ CrimsonDivine CrimsonDivine I'm not even sure if Flappy bird will still retain relevance by the time this game comes out seeing that the game was taken down. I suggested to the main dev that we do a parody of it instead (ie resprited graphics) since there have been dozens of Flappy Bird clones released in the market.

Last edited:

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
@ C CrossoverMan The Character select screen could very well end up like any other fighting game where only the icon mugshots are shown lest you move over them to get a better view of the character. Also, if the name Princess Peach can fit into the Smash games, I'm very well certain that Queenie Linguine or Royal Paine can fit.

@ InnerMobius InnerMobius I think that last sprite looks great in an appealing design standpoint that would please everybody while managing to retain some ugliness/wickedness. Maybe you could even exaggerate the cheek bone a bit, but I'm fine with the current one you made.

@ CrimsonDivine CrimsonDivine I'm not even sure if Flappy bird will still retain relevance by the time this game comes out seeing that the game was taken down. I suggested to the main dev that we do a parody of it instead (ie resprited graphics) since there have been dozens of Flappy Bird clones released in the market.
I was honestly just joking :rotfl:

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
Cool, I thought so too. It definitely seems like she needs her eyes to look right somehow. I'm perfectly fine without the buck teeth and huge lips.

OR MAYBE, she can still have buck teeth when she opens her mouth????

EDIT:

compared to the new

Last edited:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Back from vacations c:

If you wonder who i am, i am the guy who is helping with the graphics mostly (Menus, stages etc), so i will be able to finish the CSS i was making c:

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ InnerMobius InnerMobius You're really great at what you're doing. The reason I am hesitating so much about this character is that out of the 10ish people I've shown her to, nobody has liked her. I've even tried explaining to them that she is supposed to look ugly. It think are time would be better spent towards a princess character who is actually pleasing to look at :) Also I think this character should be very modest too. None of the skimpy armor seen in other fighting games.

@ CrimsonDivine CrimsonDivine He's working on menu art :D Two of the stages were his

So would this stage be copyright infringement? It probably won't make any of the releases, but it was so much fun to make and play. I've contacted the developer but he won't response (he has enough attention so I'm pretty sure that he won't see my emails). I really hope I can get a hold of him sometime because even though Smash Clash won't be finished until this summer, it would be a nice nostalgic level to have.

Attachments

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
@ InnerMobius InnerMobius You're really great at what you're doing. The reason I am hesitating so much about this character is that out of the 10ish people I've shown her to, nobody has liked her. I've even tried explaining to them that she is supposed to look ugly. It think are time would be better spent towards a princess character who is actually pleasing to look at :) Also I think this character should be very modest too. None of the skimpy armor seen in other fighting games.

@ CrimsonDivine CrimsonDivine He's working on menu art :D Two of the stages were his

So would this stage be copyright infringement? It probably won't make any of the releases, but it was so much fun to make and play. I've contacted the developer but he won't response (he has enough attention so I'm pretty sure that he won't see my emails). I really hope I can get a hold of him sometime because even though Smash Clash won't be finished until this summer, it would be a nice nostalgic level to have.
honestly he probably wouldnt care. ive talked to him through twitter before and he wants nothing to do with flappy bird anymore. if you do put it in the game you could probably just take it out if he contacts you about it.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
If you've gotten a hold of him before ask him about this for me please. The last thing I want is to have to deal with a developer who feels cheated.

Oh and developing this stage has opened doors to new interactive stages. Like we can had hazards in stages or scrolling stages. Heck we can even make a Doodle Jump like stage haha

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
If you've gotten a hold of him before ask him about this for me please. The last thing I want is to have to deal with a developer who feels cheated.

Oh and developing this stage has opened doors to new interactive stages. Like we can had hazards in stages or scrolling stages. Heck we can even make a Doodle Jump like stage haha
well the thing is i tweeted him when he only had 100-200 followers. now he's got 150+ thousand. you can try to tweet him and i will too and well see if we can get a response.

his twitter is @dongatory

Last edited:

Karakato Dzo

Smash Cadet
@ jdawg99 jdawg99 How about this. For the Flappy Bird stage, just resprite the objects, eg redraw the bird in a way that it is noticeably different yet at the same time, similar to the original sprite, the same goes for the pipes. As long as it is for reference/parody purposes, then it is legal (though maybe it only applies in my country). Also, Sent you a PM regarding my character's Side/B attack.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Such a shame you won't include the character, but oh well.
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE INCLUDE HER!!! I'D DO ANYTHING!!! JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE!!!
upload_2014-2-12_20-54-58.jpeg

I mean, I see your reasoning, I really do. Not many people are going to find the design appealing at the end of the day, but can't you just include her as DLC or something... pretty please? InnerMobius has clearly put a fair amount of time into spriting her, and it would be a shame to put such good work to waste.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Such a shame you won't include the character, but oh well.
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE INCLUDE HER!!! I'D DO ANYTHING!!! JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE!!!
View attachment 8367

I mean, I see your reasoning, I really do. Not many people are going to find the design appealing at the end of the day, but can't you just include her as DLC or something... pretty please? InnerMobius has clearly put a fair amount of time into spriting her, and it would be a shame to put such good work to waste.
i think he merely means that she shoulld stick with the pretty princess look. maybe give her a twist... her final smash could show her becoming ugly and into a black demon or whatever?

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
No, I mean that the new pretty princess could be in the game as a separate character, and the ugly queen could be just featured in the background cheering everyone on.

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too keen on the idea of starting another princess or queen or whatever from scratch, so I'm going to pass on that one.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Ok I need ideas on an item which could be similar to the pokeball and/or assist trophy.

I'm thinking a ball which could act like a pokeball but it would look different. Maybe characters from indie games could pop out.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I did it haha

Now for the legality part of putting this in the update.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Should probably make the pipes blue and the background green and then no one will know. So what about this assist trophy idea?

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
@ InnerMobius InnerMobius I'm not against that idea. I hope you guys aren't too mad at me for shutting her down xD

What if we didn't do assist trophies and just had a pokeball like item and we could combine them?

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
Cool. What about LYK and Bear who I mentioned previously? The guy is pretty popular with his art projects, and would be great cross promotion for both Smash Clash and LYK and Bear.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/characternity/lyk-and-bear-issue-1-no-food-deed-unpunished
I like that idea. I'll contact the game sometime.

@ InnerMobius InnerMobius So if she is going to be an assist, what should her attacks be? I think if you want to use the animation you already have, we could make her push people with an invisible force or something. Just ideas.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
little question, in the new flappy bird stage is flappy actually going to be flying through? that would be an awesome addition! you could include the red and blue birds as well.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
little question, in the new flappy bird stage is flappy actually going to be flying through? that would be an awesome addition! you could include the red and blue birds as well.
Never thought of doing that. I should haha

Top Bottom