• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Civil War

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Link to original post: [drupal=2832]User Blogs Group Story: Smash Civil War (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)[/drupal]

Here's an idea that worked really well on another board I used to frequent, so I'm going to try it out here.

Basically, we use the SWF boards as the basis for a fantasy world. SWF as a whole is the nation; the boards (Smash World Network, Smash Tournaments, Arts and Entertaiment, etc.) are the various states/provinces, and the sub boards (Light House, Regional Zones, Pool Room, etc.) are cities.

Anyone can contribute to the story, just pick up where the last poster left off. You don't have to be a writer or anything, this is all for fun. Be as creative and outlansish or serious as you want. The story will use the names of real SWF members, which brings us to the only rule: BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER MEMBERS!! I will adhere very strictly to this rule, and immediately report any posts that appear to be insulting or flaming, so remember: Sarcasm DOES NOT translate well in text.

The basic outline of the story is a civil war in the land of SWF. The main hero is Teran; the main villain is Queen Killjoy (lol). Narrator is third-person omniscient. Stick to that outline, and anything else is fine.

Smash Civil War
Chapter 1: The Die is Cast

"Uncle! Uncle!" Keris danced around Teran's feet, her dark brown locks bouncing on her shoulders.

"Come on, Keris, it's time for bed."

"But I want to hear the story about the Dragon King again!"

Teran sighed. Keris had been with him for a few days, while her father was away. He'd baby-sat her for a few hours at a time in the past, and wondered what was so hard about them. Feed them, let them take their naps, and play with them. It hadn't seemed so bad. He hadn't known how much a three-year-old wanted to play during the course of a day, or how hard it is to put one to bed.

"All right, this is the last time, then it's bed time. Okay?"

"Okay, I promise!" Keris said for the fourth time.

As Teran opened his mouth to begin the story again, there was a loud bang at the front door. "Who's there?" Teran called. He was answered with silence. "Come on Keris, let's see who's there."

Teran opened the door to find a man swaying on his feet. Blood trickled down from a deep gash on his head. The bandage that covered it had already been soaked through. Dirt was caked into his beard.

"Firus!" Teran cried, reaching out to steady him.

"Brother..." he started, then collapsed onto Teran's shoulder. "The raid was a failure...the Queen's men...were waiting for us."

Teran dragged his brother into the house, laying him across the sofa. Keris watched silently. He was unsure just how much she understood of what was going on, but he knew she shouldn't see any more. "Go into your room and play. You can stay up as long as you don't come back out here."

"Okay," she said. "Is my daddy okay?"

"Yes, he's fine. Go please." When she was out of earshot, he turned back to Firus. "Now what happened!"

Firus groaned, closing his eyes. "We never got within a kilometer of the fortress. The patrols picked us up before we crossed the river. Yink and KoopaKirby are dead. I took half of the survivors and fled south to confuse the patrols, finalark took the rest north. I don't know if they escaped."

"Dam, that base was supposed to be deserted! The Black Guard pulled out of there years ago!" Teran whispered as he wiped the grime and blood from his brothers face.

"There's more. While we were escaping, I got a look at the base. There were hundreds, possibly thousands of men there. Trebuchets, battering rams, cavalry, everything. They must have been building up for months, brining it in a little at a time so that we wouldn't notice."

"An invasion. User Blogs has always been semi-autonomous, ever since the King gave us that right. The Queen never did like the idea of us deciding our own fate."

"Rumor has it that she's already subdued Melee in the south. She's looking to re-assert direct control over all of the states. And we're next," Firus muttered.

"Not if we fight back." Teran stood, grabbing his coat. "Are you feeling all right now?"

"Yes, I'm just tired. We ran non-stop all the way back here, plus taking a few twists and turns to throw our pursuers off our trail. I'll be fine with some rest."

"Good. Go to sleep with your daughter. I'll be back by morning."

"Where are you going?"

"To talk to Youko. If this doesn't convince him that the Queen seeks to destroy us all, then nothing will."

"You're going to try to convince Youko to join us again? He's already rejected our offers twice, and threatened to warn the Queen that a rebellion is brewing in UB. You really think he'll change his mind?"

"The last time we talked, there wasn't an army sitting at our doorstep." Teran smiled. "Besides, it has to be easier than putting Keris to bed."
Chapters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 3 Part 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5 Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 Part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 13 Part 2
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16 Part 2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20 Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Character List
Edit: The Run-down. I had to update my last entry since the two priests were supposed to be named Caotic and Chaco. Sorry about that. Only a minor change; nothing earth-trembling.

Teran - main protagonist
Keris - Teran's Neice
Firus - Teran's Brother
Yink - dead associate/friend to Teran and Firus
KoopaKirby - dead associate/friend to Teran and Firus
Queen Killjoy - Queen of SWF
Youko - diplomat
Crimson King - Teran's supervisor
Jam Stunna - political guru of Creative Minds
Kirby King - general of SWF
Dr. Lythium - top scientist
Airgemini - servant of Queen Killjoy
Straked - high-standing public official
Zero - revolutionary hero
Chaco - high priest
Caotic - high priest
SkylerOcon - sage
cutter - vigilante/mercenary
Queen of Heartz - regent of Disco Room
Elder Sister - Queen of Heartz's older sister
Heime and _____ - mysterious figures
Frown - scout of Teran
Motel Vacaville - patron of Disco Room
Hylian - high politician
BBQTV - guard of Disco Room
Stealth Raptor - innskeeper of Disco Room
The prison guard - a surreal guard
Koth - old acquaintence to Teran
Bionic Sonic - magician
sasukebowser - skilled warrior
The BuzzSaw - captian of the Black Guard
Cherry - second-in-command(?) of raid battalion
Finalark - chief of raid battalion
Scav - top general of the Black Guard
GwJumpman - notable soldier of The Black Guard
Miss Yuna - goddess

Feel free to make it more accurate.

Frown

poekmon
I really like the idea and I'd be glad to contribute, but it seems as if people are gonna get ninja'd real bad. Three people are looking at this thread right now.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I really like the idea and I'd be glad to contribute, but it seems as if people are gonna get ninja'd real bad. Three people are looking at this thread right now.
That's fine, it doesn't have to be perfect.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Chapter 2: Undying Ties

The pebbles crunched and turned under Teran's feet as he made his way down the craggy path. He was a solitary man, who disapproved of guards and large entourages. The scent of lavender brushed his nostrils, the relaxing nature of it soothing his aching feet. Youko's villa was close now.

Youko was a powerful man, his diplomatic ties with both the Queen and all local state governments gave him a powerful voice in all issues. He was a good man, but also a careful man. He did not like taking risks, his diplomatic standing being a testament to this. Youko's diplomatic power was indeed of a strange nature, he had a say in almost all states, yet he had no official power. This always gave him an edge, any mistakes and it wouldn't be his head in a bucket, unless he were to betray the Queen.

Youko's remote villa was a brilliant white under the sun, a fountain in the front garden dominated the scenery. A chiseled and muscular man in odd clothing, and a helmet that only covered the top half of his face, doing some sort of salute, jets of water surrounding him as though he were being revered.

Teran had a habit of saluting the fountain out of tradition, if only for his own personal amusement. He walked past the fountain towards the arched doorway, and slammed the metal handle into the door several times. The door slowly wrenched open, like an infirm, and standing in the doorway was Youko himself.

"Teran, my old rival," Youko chuckled. "It's unlike you to come unannounced."

"Times change, and I'm afraid this is not a social visit." Teran had not a hint of expression in his face, as was characteristic.

"Your face never gives you away, Teran. Maybe this is why you've survived so long under the Queen. Tell me, was your attack a success?"

"Would I be here if it were?"

"Well who knows Teran, maybe you'd pulled it off and were coming to ask for my hand in marriage?" Youko doubled over at his own joke, most high standing officials liked to make jokes about Teran's private life.

"I can see you're enjoying yourself."

"Now now, come in, and you may show me your news."

Teran's footsteps echoed loudly in the great hall, statues of beautiful women and paintings decorating it, rather than the usual suits of armour and swords. Youko was more a man of culture and scholarship than a militaristic man. Youko ushered Teran through to his study, which was what most would call their library.

"There's the map table, Teran." Youko pointed to a large table with an extravagantly detailed map of the nation. Contours were perfectly mapped, the most insignificant of hamlets, even the ruined Pit Stop, were present.

"Ah the Pit Stop, I remember when Crimson King razed it." Teran decided to take his time before getting into the details of his failure. "Apparently there wasn't even a soul to execute or a woman to enjoy by the time he got there."

"You do know why he's called Crimson King, don't you?" Youko chuckled at his own question, Crimson King was Teran's provicial supervisor. "They say his sword is permanently stained red from all the blood he's spilt. He is a master of destruction."

"Must be a pretty blunt sword by now. Now then, on to business."

Teran's hands worked masterfully as he placed the pins and figurines down on locations in the map, re-enacting the entire episode from the reports he'd received. Again, there seemed to be no signs of anger or sadness while he was doing this, even though it was a detailed walkthough of his complete failure.

"Your problem was lack of knowledge and preparation, Teran. I remember something my old mentor told me. 'If you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail'"

"Wise words, but a little late."

"Not exactly." Upon hearing these words, Teran's eyes narrowed slightly, it was not in Youko's nature to get further involved with these things, but only give commentaries, albeit very useful ones.

"Are you saying you'll help?"

"Of course not you buffoon." Youko couldn't help laughing at the idea. "No my friend no, I was going to tell you to find the perfect person to help."

"You might want to tell me." Teran's head tilted sideways with with his gaze locked on Youko's face, although his expression didn't show much, his eyes had a furious fire in them that was easy to read.

"Do you remember Jam Stunna?"

"Lord Stunna?"

"Yes, your dear old Lord. He has left politics altogether, but of course you know that since you took his place here."

"He can help?"

"His wisdom and political knowledge are what you need. He ran this place before you, and he is still fully aware of all political activity. The problem is, he moves around somewhat regularly."

"Doesn't he live in Creative Minds now?"

"From my latest reports, Teran, yes he does." Youko ambled towards a large window, gazing outside at the wilderness. "He will aid you like nobody can. Tell me, who else do you trust?"

"I trust a few."

"Who do you trust the most?"

"I think I'll spare myself the boyfriend jokes." Teran's lips curled into a smile.

"Every male friend you have, is a candidate for one of those, live with it." Youko's mischievous grin a reply to Teran's smile. "Find Jam Stunna, he will show you the way. Try a counsel with all your most trusted friends. Preparation and numbers, Teran, you'll need them."

"If I fail to prepare, then I'm preparing to fail." Teran shook Youko's hand. "Good to see you again, hopefully next time I won't be staring at you from a bucket."
<ten****ing

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I was wondering if this is a fantasy or just mid evil, as in are there monsters or just humans?
Chapter 3: The Queen

Meanwhile at the pool room Queenkilljoy was speaking to one of her most colorfully decorated generals, Kirby King.

Kirby King became The head captain of his regiment within 2 years of joining the Black Guard he quickly advanced through the ranks not because of his family background or his extreme wealth, but his results on the battle ground. Unlike most generals he fights along side his troops, He has above average intelligence and superb fighting abilities. With his background of the battle field and the Queens top General he has received the nick name The Queen's Black King.

"Are the preparations complete?"

"Yes my Lord"

"And is the secret weapon ready?"

"No my lord, His training is complete but his biological enhancement has not yet been introduced" he paused for a second. "But I will alert Dr.Lythium to speed up the process and...."

"NO!" She said with anger. "He must be perfect that means you cannot rush the project in any means with the risk of missing perfection." And remeber I want project Masamune to stay classified until it's done!" She calms her voice down "have you trained the Smash Rookie's?"

"Yes!" he said with great gusto "They are now Smash Journeyman."

"Excellent now get the troops ready!"

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Chapter 3 cont.

Killjoy sat on her throne, and took a sip of wine from her goblet. She looked around at her servants, and all the politicians and diplomats in the throne room of her palace. What little pieces of filth, she thought. Spineless, and nearly all of them completely headless. In a way, she wished that was literal.

As she sat, Airgemini, one of her public servants, approached her. It was clear from the expression on her face, a look full of impatience and disgust, that she was not pleased.

"What the f*** do you want?" She snapped. Airgemini flinched in terror, he could never face the Queen with resolve.

"My... my Lady..."

"Get to the point!"

"Yes! Yes of course... absolutely my Lady... your grace in unsurpassed, ah yes..."

"Stop wasting my ****ing time or I'll remove something you really don't want me to, and it's not your head, that'd be doing you a favour." Airgemini's eyes widened, he had to do this quickly.

"There are rumours, my lady, rumours that it was Teran who personally orchestrated that last attack."

"Ha!" Killjoy started to laugh, and was soon in an uncontrollable fit. "Hold my goblet..." It took her a good minute to calm down. "Listen to me Air, and listen well. Teran is a kiss ***, with neither the brains nor the balls to do something of the sort. His brother Firus has always had an axe to grind with me yes, but he's always outspoken and quick to jump to conflict. Teran, no. It's why he's in the position of power, because he does his job."

"But your Majesty..."

"Listen to me Air, because for this moment I have no reason to believe it was him, I cannot, and will not pursue him. It's bad for the structure if I seem paranoid." She stared into her goblet and stood up, opening her arms wide. "I'm the ****ing Queen god****it! Don't you forget that! I have this entire ****ing nation under my thumb, and if he ever were to challenge me openly, I'd make mincemeat out of that pathetic boy!" Airgemini was captivated by the Queen's show of confidence in her tactics.

"My Lady, there is one thing we could do. We could use his best friend to gather intelligence."

"Who?"

"Straked, my Lady. I say we capture him and..." The Queen dropped her goblet, her eyes narrowed and her face oozed unrelenting rage. She grabbed Airgemini by the ear and slammed his face into the arm rest of the throne.

"I should have known! Can you never, and I mean, can you really never leave your insatiable appetite for men out of the workplace?"

"But.. but..."

"Do you know, how serious your job is?"

"Yes my Lady."

"Do you know how important time is?"

"Yes... yes my Lady." Airgemini's voice was trembling.

"Then you realise that neither you or I have the ****ing time to care about bull**** like that. You have enough free time as it is, but don't you dare ever, and I mean ever, suggest such stupid things with serious political consequences for the sake of your love life. Am I understood?"

"Yes, understood my Lady."

"Capture Straked, a high standing public official. Do I look ******** to you Air?"

"No my Lady."

"Do I have ****** engraved in the top of my throne with a downward arrow? I've never checked and that might explain it. Does my throne have that Air?"

"Absolutely not my Lady."

"Well then get the hell out of my sight and never speak to me of this again."

Killjoy sat back down and swirled her goblet. They really are ****ing useless, I should just run this nation myself.
<loltenazuas

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
This will probably be pretty bad, but here goes.

Chapter 4: The Journey

Teran rose from his bed in the inn where he had stayed the night. He had stayed in the near deserted Brawl Online Discussion in Brawl Province. The only permanent inhabitants of the small village were a few warriors loyal to Straked and Chaco, both good friends of Teran. There were also numerous wanderers like Teran himself that would only stay in the village long enough to stock up on provisions or get some rest.

After staying the night at the Zen Inn, Teran passed the local prison, which was full of unfortunate forum-goers convicted of requesting friend codes.

Teran continued to the southern edge of the village where the only shop in the village was located. After stocking up on food and water, Teran exited the shop and continued south towards the city of Creative Minds, all the way in the small state of Arts and Entertainment.

Teran planned on stopping at the city of Light House, the capital of the Gaming province to the southwest. This was a busier city where he could purchase a horse and perhaps find a few friends to discuss matters with. There were more states to the east, but Teran was purposely avoiding them, because those areas were the ones closest to the palace of the Queen.

On the way to Light House, Teran passed a few other villages on the outskirts of Brawl, such as the walled city of Brawl Back Room, where only the most skilled and intelligent could enter, and the sacked village of Archive, where Darkurai made his last stand over a year before.

He continued walking, and saw very little, just open fields and occasionally a lost citizen, but never anything worth noting, until he spotted Smash 64 in the distance. Teran had never been to that city before, and he was unaware the state of the city, now that they did not have a ruler.

He heard shouts coming from the village, but they seemed distant to him, as he was focused on the task at hand.

He continued walking for the rest of the day, and by nightfall he could see Light House in the distance. He planned on disguising himself and knew that he had to blend in with the crowd, since Crimson King, the harsh enforcer of the Queen's laws, governed the city.

The next day, he entered the city gates, dressed as a common Journeyman. He passed the guards with their black armor, razor sharp spears, and shield bearing the emblem of the Queen.

He didn't mingle with the crowd, and instead proceeded to the house of SkylerOcon, one of his friends who often visited Light House. Ocon greeted Teran warmly, and Teran told him about his journey. Ocon agreed to let Teran use his house whenever he needed to. Teran put his belongings in an extra room that was his to use, and then got down to business.

He unfurled his maps and laid them on the table, telling Ocon what he planned to do. Ocon told Teran that he could not accompany him because it would draw suspicion from the Queen, but he informed Teran that he was aware of some citizens of Light House who were not pleased by the Queen's rule, and could aid him in his journey to find Jam Stunna and eventually overthrow the Queen.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Stuck for amazing justice.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Blahhhhhhhhhhh

Chapter 5: Déjà vu

As Teran slept that night a masked man knocked on his window. The man introduced himself as Zero, the anonymous revolutionary hero of the Lighthouse.

"Dear Teran, I come with good news, better news, and bad news. I'm sure you know but there are many people of the Lighthouse willing to sacrifice their lives for you. We shall await your orders. As for better news, my master, TigerWoods, who resides in the Queen's Pool Room, is sympathetic to your cause. He has been secretly training men and has even converted Caotic and Chaco, two of the Queen's high priests, to join your cause. Please keep this quiet though, as they will be hanged if the Queen learns of their treachery. As for bad news, it is confirmed by him that the Queen has a spy among us. Who that is... is another question..."

With that Zero vanished as fast as he had appeared. Teran couldn't help but think that Zero resembled someone familair... but decided to shrug it off as nonsense. Teran decided to meet up with Ocon to discuss the situation.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Amazing thread. I feel like I wrote too much.

Chapter 5: Déjà vu, cont.

Teran briskly paced down the stone hallway and barged into Ocon's room, only to reveal the mighty Ocon himself in mere trousers. Ocon gave him a quick smile, and motioned at a seat in a dark, yet pleasant corner of the room.

"Thanks, but I'm afraid there is hardly time for manners. A man has just come to my window, and besides scaring me ****less, he brought important news concerning the Lighthouse's support of my cause. He also mentioned a shred of information about a spy...the Queen's spy."

"O my Lord." Ocon sighed. "I was afraid this was the case." He looked troubled, exhausted; like some kind of ancient turtle under the flickering candlelight. "You told me you were to head to Creative Minds, no? You must head there right now, there is no time to waste. If what the man that came to your window said is true, then the spy might know you are here..."

Teran winced at the thought of all his comrades' heads being chopped off, and undoubtedly, his own.

"Then I must leave now? The path from here to Creative Minds is treacherous and dead at this time of night, if I were caught this could be the end of my voyage."

"I understand your concern for your own safety, Teran. However, you must put yourself first. Don't back out, face what is in front of you."

Teran looked dumbfounded; this old man expected him to cross such dangerous country at this time of night?

"Oh...but of course Teran, I have a way around the normally difficult terrain of Gaming and A&E." His dry, chapped turtle lips cracked into a faint smile. "The portal. It leads to the Disco Room, I understand they are quite helpful and mysterious citizens. They may be able to help you, providing you give them money. Here, take this sack, and don't even think of opening it until you find the Great Pawn, MLGJV."

"Great. Where is the portal?"

"In the bathroom."

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I like how Skyler is a crusty old geezer when irl he's only 15. :3

I'm just curious as to how many romances I'll have. =/

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Let's just assume for now I'm some runaway prince or something cool like that disguised as an old man x_x

But yeah, this was an awesome idea, Jam. Good job!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Chapter 6: Through the Rabbit Hole (Unofficial Alternate Ninja Version)

Once Teran had secured the sack by tying it over his shoulder, Ocon rustled in a drawer and returned with a small envelope.

"The portal is a bit... finicky."

He handed Teran the envelope.

"Follow these instructions precisely and you won't encounter any problems. It's a very old gift from Forum Support, thus the Queen has known of its existence since its creation. She's capable of detecting it's use with the utmost accuracy, but keep to those instructions and you'll travel undetected and to your requested destin-"

A sharp creak from outside cut through the room - Ocon instinctively knew it as his front gate.

Hurriedly, and with a whisper Ocon pushed Teran into the hall and into the small bathroom.

"New people have a hard time locating it, but the portal is right here on the opposite side of the door."

In the doorway, Ocon gripped the handle and gave him a final, compassionate, wide-eyed nod, interrupted by the violent knocking of the front door. "Now, go!" he said before slamming the door in Teran's face.

Right in the doorway where Skyler's bearded face just was, Teran saw a thin brass rectangle embedded in the wood. Several knobs, buttons, scroll menus decorated the surface below it. Quickly opening his envelope, Teran configured the options as the paper dictated and pressed the GO button.

He heard whirling, and for a full minute that seemed like it's only affect. Nothing was happening, besides the new sound of heavy footsteps coming up the stairs outside the door. Pleadingly and in a frenzy Teran mashed the go button. "Come on you ****er!"

On the twentieth press, everything was gone in an instant. Teran could see nothing but his finger in the air, if there was any air, and white. A backdrop of expansive, featureless, and total white.

With a sigh, he pressed refresh.
Ninja'd... :/

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Alright, this is going off of Meno's.

Chapter 7: The Disco Room

After refreshing the portal, Teran felt a strange sensation, almost as if he were being pushed out of a tube of ye olde toothpaste. Seconds later, he arrived in a different bathroom in a strangely familiar town. As he exited, he saw the interior of a house he'd been in once before, and he realized where he was.

He heard shouting as he left the empty house, and saw many men that he recognized. This was Disco Room, a city on the southern tip of Smashboards, where only the wealthiest could enter. Teran had paid his entry fees before, and was therefore free to come and go.

This city was lawless and wild, with no leader whatsoever. Even the queen had no control over it, which was why Teran had agreed to go there. Teran was sure he could find some help there, as Disco Room was the home of some of the fiercest warriors in the country.

cutter

Smash Champion
This time I will not be denied! :p

Chapter 7: The Disco Room, cont.

As Teran made his way through the seemingly desolate streets, the darkness of the night filled the air with a sense of deadness. Until...

"You...," begin Teran.

A figure lay sitting at the side of the street, gazing at the stars. He turned around. Nearly every square inch of the man's body was covered in metal. Where there were supposed to be eyes were a set of bright red goggles, glowing with bright red, conspicuous light.

"...don't see me that often, yes," replied the metal-plated man. Teran could see his entire left hand was missing and replaced with what appeared to be a metal rod with countless scythes and crude blades at the end. Metal was integrated all throughout his body, almost as if he was part human, part machine.

"They call me cutter," he mentioned. "Hopefully, that's self-explanatory." Teran noticed that cutter still talked like a normal human would, despite all of his vast artificial reinforcements.

"Wait a minute... how did you even get into the Disco Room to begin with? I barely know you, and I think the same can be said for the rest of the community as well."

"Oh right. I'm basically a part-time vigilante, part-time mercenary. I go where the money leads me. I fight on my own rules. Those who empty their pockets to me will find a very valuable asset in whatever conflicts plage you."

"Well I need some help," pleaded Teran in a sense of desperation. "Name your price."

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Now THIS is a thread.

Chapter 8: The Law and the Lady

Suddenly, a sprightly fanfare blows throughout Disco Room, interrupting the conversation between Cutter and Teran. Guards rush from the castle gates while rolling a lavender carpet rich of a jasmine scent across the cobbled stone ground. Nobles assemble as the members of the Royal Trump Family prepare for a public announcement.

One of the guards blows his trumpet in a rapid, rhythmic style. He then shouts, "All hail the Queen of Heartz!"

A woman of utmost beauty approaches from the castle balcony and down onto the carpet. Violet, stringy hair; pearly skin of freckles, and a curvaceous body shaped as an hourglass. She was wearing a velvet robe with white fur of a polar bear at its shoulders.

The queen walks down the carpet in a sexy manner, waving her hips and glaring at her viewers as they bow down when she passes by. She suddenly trips over a bump in the carpet, dropping her fan.

"Goddess **** it!", she exclaims. One of the midwives rush in to recover her fan and supports the queen as she stands up.

The assistants bring in a massive throne and sets it on the middle of the carpet path. The Queen of Heartz walks around and sits on it, continuing to fan herself.

The Royal Trump Family members stand at her side.

"I...errrr.". The queen hesitated. She had lost her train of thought. The Elder Sister whispers into her ear, reminding the queen of what needs to be spoken on.

"Oh of course! Fufufufu." The queen chuckles, lacking any kind of sincerity for the important announcement.

"Enough is ENOUGH! I've had it with this mother-****ing curse on this mother-****ing land! Ruffians roaming the streets and pillaging the markets. The famine destroying our crops. Beasts running amok and slaying our emissaries! The Kingdom of Disco Room declares no more! We may have the strongest warriors of them all, but what good is a man's sword if he lacks the wit and tactics in war?!

We need intelligence! Disco Room requires law enforcement! It is no longer about wealth or royalty! We simply cannot allow the dwellers to do whatever they wish! So we of the Royal Trump Family propose new laws!"

The queen suddenly grew indignant. She reminded herself of how bad things turned out ever since was put on the throne.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You have to admit that the Alice In Wonderland reference is epic. Teran going through a portal into another world and all that jazz. This was too perfect. Thanks for linking me to the thread, Masamune.

Mewter

Smash Master
Chapter 9: Heime and

Later on... in the royal discussion hall.

The queen sat at the round-ish meeting table, under a large stain-glassed window, with two other mysterious figures on both her sides. They were * of the CM Kingdom and Heime. A hooded, darkly cloaked secretary sat in the darkest corners of the room, scribbling madly.

"It's just too much! And that blasted Teran! That little devil!"
* shot up, knocking his royal chair over. His face grew angry, and his fist came down to meet the table.

"Now now,* *, don't grow angry! Haha! We'll just send some more of our lords to seek him out and bring him to justice!" Heime stood up and brought him back down to his seat, which he brought back up with a snap of his fingers.

"He's just a temporary nuisance is all."

"The queen here and I will help capture him, I-"

Killjoy stood up immediately, knocking her chair over as well.
"Help you?! How dare you give away my permission, you useless-!"

"As neighboring kingdoms, we support each other!" Heime said, calming her down. * here agrees, doesn't-"

"I agreed to no such thing!" *'s royal mustache stood up on end.

Queen Killjoy turned her royal gaze to him. If you say one more word, Sc-"

Heime knocked his chair over and in effect, 's chair. "How about we take him, Teran, to the Norwal pass? We can ambush him there!"

"Very well," the queen answered, "but I won't help you with this s-"

"Well maybe if you would assist me in destroying this-"

"I have more important things to do!" Heime said, getting mad. His face grew a royal red and his eyes became large black dots.

The three continued to bicker and interrupt each other, and finally the secretary interrupted. "Thank you very much. I have all the information I need."

"Who is that?! Seize him!" shouted. Heime pointed out his finger and snapped. A rippling wave of light flew across the hall, but the stranger raised his dark-hooded cloak and dispelled it before it reached him, running to the opposite side of the room in the process.

was in mid-draw of his bow by the time Frown had reached him. Frown drew a dagger and almost got to him, but he was too slow, and the queen's guards who had entered by then blocked it. But Frown continued, and kept dodging and weaving, getting dangerously close to . Finally, Frown flung himself away, landing right under the window, within reach of its lower ledge.

"I cannot let this happen!" shouted.

"He is probably a scout of Teran's!" Heime declared, bringing sweat to the queen's brow. "He will escape now, unless I can stop him!"
Heime began weaving his hands in and out, making fantastic gestures, both arcane and profane, until his hands grew bright, then he hurled the light at Frown, who had just got a hold on the sill!

Frown reached the top of the bottom sill, got up, and jumped, shattering the window, and the light followed him through.

"He escaped!" The queen screamed, grabbing Heime by the royal cuff.

"No, I think we got him."

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Could you guys like maybe not throw yourselves into the story just for the sake of being in it?

I mean really, you're not going to gain street cred for being in the story, so what's the point of derailing the plot just to get your name in?

This is a great idea for a thread, I think we all know that, but it only works if a single plot is followed instead of "and then Teran meets such-and-such, talks to him for a minute, and never sees him again since he doesn't have an important role in the story!"

Be courteous, sheesh. Some people actually want a good story to come out of this.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, adding yourself in is like being a fan of yourself which isn't cool. I'm sure you'd get put in eventually just by writing about the current story.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I was thinking of that, but the only reason why I did that was because I was trying to go with the flow with your last input, Vrael. You mentioned a queen that was unable to control the kingdom. It has nothing to do with attention wh0ring, even though I am an attention wh0re.

I apologize. I knew it would have been a problem, but there weren't exactly any strict rules with doing this.

cutter

Smash Champion
Frown meets an untimely fate.

Chapter 10: Futility

Upon breaking through the window, Frown found himself on a courtyard high above the tower he had been in. Making his way down a fixed stairwell from what he saw in the corner of his eye. It took him right into a hidden antechamber, forking out several ways. Eventually, Frown was hurrying through the Queen's palace looking somewhere for the way out, running through the seemingly endless labrinyth as the halls continued to honeycomb and fork out. He quickly turned a corner and started to run even faster through a very long, narrow, dimly-lit corridor.

He then felt what seemed to be an invisible force beneath him as he tripped and fell right on his face. He tried to get up to his feet, but the invisible force continued to pin him down.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here!" exclaimed a deep, bellowing voice. Frown could see from his vision a figure materialize out of nowhere. He was very muscular and brawny in nature, wearing dark clothes to suit the look of the Queen's palace.

"The Queen loves booby traps in her palace," mentioned the figure, "such as invisible guards!" He chuckled a little to himself.

Frown groaned as he was picked up by the guard as if it were nothing. He tried hopelessly to struggle and break free of the guard's full nelson hold, but he was simply flailing around without purpose. Eventually, he resigned to escaping.

"You've got a date with the Queen," grinned the guard as he started to escort him to a small trapdoor hidden on the side of the narrow corridor. "Only thing is, I wouldn't call it much of a date myself if I were in your situation!" He bellowed in laughter. The trapdoor opened as a small elevator popped out of the floor. The guard pulled the lever beside it as the two delved deep into the Queen's palace.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I was thinking of that, but the only reason why I did that was because I was trying to go with the flow with your last input, Vrael. You mentioned a queen that was unable to control the kingdom. It has nothing to do with attention wh0ring, even though I am an attention wh0re.

I apologize. I knew it would have been a problem, but there weren't exactly any strict rules with doing this.
I was talking with Jam about this earlier and he said that he would deal with it if it became a problem.

I mean I'm not trying to make anyone that did this feel bad for doing so, I'm just thinking that it may be better to someone bring a different character other than themselves who make sense. For example, I brought in Ocon because he's friends with Teran and posts fairly often in the Light House, which was where Teran was at the time. Just my opinion.

Unrelated, but Mewter, your part confused the hell out of me. Who is *?

cutter

Smash Champion
Vrael, I'm hoping to revisit my own character in the future (:p) sometime as we continue to build the story. I'm going to be focusing on mainly the story without adding too many random elements to it. At least, that's why I hope on doing, because I just love this whole idea period, and I will be making a lot of contributions to this story :].

Top Bottom