• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brovaz Qld Bi-Weekly - Jan 25th

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this even was sick, good stuff to everyone for coming out. Thanks to Zac for hosting but at the same time **** you just play Marth don't be a little B I T C H B O Y.

❤

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Hoooooge turnout of 26 people, good **** qld keep it up lets break 30

I had a lot of fun and it was mainly because I didnt play marth cept those couple matches in gf's. Peach and shiek are defs giving me more general enjoyment of the game and keeping me playing longer without going cbf mode.

I want to start going peach full time soon and not ***** moding to shiek, and ignoring marth requests ^_^

Had just over $200 raised as well for more equipment yeeey.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Ooh nice. Once we're all set for tables and chairs, are we going to look into getting a good capture device? Even if streaming isn't a viable option, it would be nice for the scene to have crispy videos uploaded on a regular basis.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Will try and get a full capture setup e.g PC or lappy, HD cap device, good mic. Once I have all chairs/tables etc and a good cap setup I'll probs use the money to get food/drinks so peeps dont have to travel and also a 4g mobile thing to put like 10gb of data on for multiple streams.

Also be getting some rugs, lights and a couple fans for summer.

Last edited:

Sieg

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tourney Zac, will try to practice once I find a CRT to tech up.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Will try and get a full capture setup e.g PC or lappy, HD cap device, good mic. Once I have all chairs/tables etc and a good cap setup I'll probs use the money to get food/drinks so peeps dont have to travel and also a 4g mobile thing to put like 10gb of data on for multiple streams.

Also be getting some rugs, lights and a couple fans for summer.
Once we've raised enough to cover equipment costs, what do you think of the idea of raising money to fund players from other states to come to Queensland? For JBM7 we are thinking of using the money raised to fly a NSW or VIC player out to the next Play Warehouse. The QLD community can vote on which player we want, too.

I feel like I can lose in the first round of tournaments now. Everyone is 2gd.
gg's again, Falcon too strong!

Last edited:

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
Hoooooge turnout of 26 people, good **** qld keep it up lets break 30

I had a lot of fun and it was mainly because I didnt play marth cept those couple matches in gf's. Peach and shiek are defs giving me more general enjoyment of the game and keeping me playing longer without going cbf mode.

I want to start going peach full time soon and not ***** moding to shiek, and ignoring marth requests ^_^

Had just over $200 raised as well for more equipment yeeey.
ur peach in doubles was.the stand out performance i thought did u play her in singles???

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
Once we've raised enough to cover equipment costs, what do you think of the idea of raising money to fund players from other states to come to Queensland? For JBM7 we are thinking of using the money raised to fly a NSW or VIC player out to the next Play Warehouse. The QLD community can vote on which player we want, too.

gg's again, Falcon too strong!
If u wantt to do thAt go to next lvl imo out of country ^_^

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Yeah, save money throughout the rest of the year from tourneys and try and get some pro overseas player to come to Button Smash in February, just an idea
I like this idea, then maybe after Button-Smash we can sponsor a few Australian players to come over for Play Warehouses until the next major.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Hey Zac I think I left my sunnies at your place, pair of Versace black ones, might have been on the table with all the food for the tupperware stuff?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Zac should have the full results, but from what I remember:

Pro Singles
1. Syke
2. smopup
3. Rob
4. Mytus
5. phrase
5. Haikal

Amateur Singles
1. Party
2. G$
3. RussellTLM

Doubles
1. Syke + smopup
2. Trissy + Radiance
3. Mytus + phrase

Splice

Smash Hero
aha get annihilated Haikal

Mytus keep rising those ranks my friend
Most Improved 4 lyf

GeeMon

Smash Rookie
Lot of fun, shame I had to leave. How long did people stay till?

Look forward to the next event!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Edit: who was recording at this tournament?
Jeremy and Woodley. Can you guys please upload when you can? This is a crucial part of the scene getting better. If you don't want to spend time splitting up the footage into sets, upload it all to Mega and I'll give it a go.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I would offer to help also but I'm getting smashed at work these days. But I do appreciate the effort you guys already go to with recording.

I always watch my replays to see how I can improve.

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
i would watch my replays but there isn't any, if there are, i don't want to see them, i would just hate everything i do, well doubles replays maybe would be ok to watch

At this rate, Bob and I will miss the next Syke tourney, we are more excited about the other grand final played on that day, but should be free for the rest of the year

oh and kids, try and pick up lunch on the way to the tourney, it would run a whole lot more smoothly/would have a sh*t tonne more time for crews and what not

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Jeremy and Woodley. Can you guys please upload when you can? This is a crucial part of the scene getting better. If you don't want to spend time splitting up the footage into sets, upload it all to Mega and I'll give it a go.
Sorry, I have been getting slammed by masters coursework lately so please forgive my tardiness. I'll upload the raw video that was recorded on the Goldeneye TV sometime later tonight!

Last edited:

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Unless you want to do it puppy I should be able to cut them and upload them on Thursday night while at Uni.

What time is the internet unmetered at QUT Jeremy?

Shadestars

Smash Cadet
Heyo, newcomer here.

So, you guys are doing a thing on the 27th at Rocklea? and it's 5$ entry, correct?

I wanna be there to meet people and learn :p I'll probably get rekt because i've invested my practice in the Smash 4 demo but hey, fun times.

I'm curious about the amateurs bracket and pro bracket, I could probably make an accurate guess myself, but what are exactly the prerequisites between the two?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Hello there.

The amateur vs pro bracket is just a way to ensure everyone gets a chance to play a bracket match and improve at the game.

It's decided by pools which runs before the bracket. Whoever places in the top 2 or so in their pool (depending how big the turnout is) is seeded into the "pro" bracket, and the rest of the guys get seeded into the amateur bracket.

Hope that helps and hope to see you around at a tourney.

Shadestars

Smash Cadet
Hello there.

The amateur vs pro bracket is just a way to ensure everyone gets a chance to play a bracket match and improve at the game.

It's decided by pools which runs before the bracket. Whoever places in the top 2 or so in their pool (depending how big the turnout is) is seeded into the "pro" bracket, and the rest of the guys get seeded into the amateur bracket.

Hope that helps and hope to see you around at a tourney.
Cheers man! Much hype~

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Tourney this weekend gaiz, I'll put another t.v downstairs for the AFL.

As a note please try and eat before attending, the tourney wont start until about 1 so please make sure when you arrive you don't leave until all tournaments are finished or you have been knocked out. Last time we started at 1:30 and finished at 6:30 going pretty casually with a 1 hour lunch break. So it shouldn't be too much of an issue to stay the whole time if we don't have a break.

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
Don't suppose you have room for another CRT? Had the one Bob and Dino gave me sitting in the back seat for like 2 months now lol.

Top Bottom