• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brovaz Qld Bi-Weekly - Jan 25th

Doon

Smash Rookie
just curious to know if there's many 64 setups at this event? if not i am able to supply my own, need peoplt o bring controllers though

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Well if Syke is setting up the footy, Bob and I are in, we'll try and get Monkey too, will we need to bring anything to set up the footy? Like aerial cables, set top box, big arse crt?

also the Bi-weekly tourneys are melee only, you are looking for playwarehouse

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Tourney this weekend gaiz, I'll put another t.v downstairs for the AFL.

As a note please try and eat before attending, the tourney wont start until about 1 so please make sure when you arrive you don't leave until all tournaments are finished or you have been knocked out. Last time we started at 1:30 and finished at 6:30 going pretty casually with a 1 hour lunch break. So it shouldn't be too much of an issue to stay the whole time if we don't have a break.
Can you confirm TV aerial etc works on the dedicated AFL Grand Final TV?
As long as we can see it and hear it, we will be happy.
Might even consider bringing Berta just to view it on?

And I can't agree enough on timing your meals!
Not just for this, but all smash events.
Have a ****ing massive feast for breakfast/lunch OR bring your lunch with you.

********, i feel old telling kids to eat their breakfast...:(

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Tourney this weekend gaiz, I'll put another t.v downstairs for the AFL.

As a note please try and eat before attending, the tourney wont start until about 1 so please make sure when you arrive you don't leave until all tournaments are finished or you have been knocked out. Last time we started at 1:30 and finished at 6:30 going pretty casually with a 1 hour lunch break. So it shouldn't be too much of an issue to stay the whole time if we don't have a break.
Can you confirm TV aerial etc works on the dedicated AFL Grand Final TV?
As long as we can see it and hear it, we will be happy.
Might even consider bringing Berta just to view it on?

And I can't agree enough on timing your meals!
Not just for this, but all smash events.
Have a ****ing massive feast for breakfast/lunch OR bring your lunch with you.

********, i feel old telling kids to eat their breakfast...:(

EDIT: LOL! Boll ocks is censored.

Tranq: Syke has room for roughly another 700 CRTs so all good there.

Last edited:

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Rankings:
S Tier:
1. Syke

2. Smoking Puppy

A Tier:
3. Haikal
4. AussieRob
5. Tristan

B Tier:
6. Mytus
7. Cal
8. Sloth

9. Phrase
10. Radiance
Props xXx_sMoKiNg_Pupsta_xXx
rip JBirds :C

Doon

Smash Rookie
hey guys, real sorry I couldnt be there today. had some stuff to do w/ my girlfriend... i'll be there next time dont worry :025:

DOON out

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Really fun tournament. Big thanks to Zac, and shoutouts to Kbirds for being a true believer and being my inspiration in life.

Cheers to Wizzow for coming along and teaming with me. Hope to see you at future events man!

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
It was fun

Except that green shirt guy claiming i was only beating him because of "bugs", that was pretty lame

Gz spup for winning
Gz jerey for continuing to shine
Gz dino for winning amateur bracket (correct me if i'm wrong but that's the first non-gc amateur bracket winner??)

GGs all

EDIT: thanks Zac for hosting <3

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Yay I'm the best of the amateurs!!! Oh wait

Still great tourney, cheers to Syke for chucking on the grand final for us (pity it wasn't that interesting)
Hats off to all the usual dudes that make the tourneys fun and great to see all the new guys turning
And it's good having the meal maker back in the state

Oh and guess who found a big arse CRT tonight and will be dumping it at Syke's place in 2 weeks time ........
Gotta think of good name for it, not Doon though, no offence to the dude but he's gotta do something more special than piss off Shaya to get a CRT named after him, i think everyone from Qld annoys him on the boards :dkmelee:

Sirias

Smash Champion
Haikal is 3rd? Is this some kind of glorious joke? He's terrible. Boot him from QLD.
Also wtf Puppy isn't 2nd. His Fox is laughable. It makes me feel like I have arthritis and cancer in my eyes.
And Syke's Marth/Sheik are pathetically suicidal. I would rather drink acid than watch him play again.
My Captain Falcon and Peach will destroy you all. Scum.
<3

J1mbo

Smash Rookie
Can you two stop ruining these precious boards with your spam, this place is my home DONT BE DISREPECTING

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
So after an influx of tv's I now have 8 crt's huehue. From now on if you want to bring equipment only a gamecube/wii with melee is necessary. Also if you dont want to bring your console but would be ok with bringing a melee disc please do so, I have 4 cubes but only 1 mereeeee.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I have all four wisdom teeth removed on the 28th of Oct so high chance I'll miss this event. (should just remove me from PR considering I barely get to anything these days)

I have a spare melee disc (not sure if it works) but I don't have a spare mem card. I'll give it to you next time I see you Zakkkk.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
So after an influx of tv's I now have 8 crt's huehue.
you are welcome Qld, does that mean you don't want the big arse crt we got last week?

also no sloth in PR list, Travesty!!!! also that would remove all Tasmanians from the QLD PR list, I don't know if there has been a time where a sloth or BS Ben hasn't been in one

Sloth

Smash Ace
also no sloth in PR list, Travesty!!!! also that would remove all Tasmanians from the QLD PR list, I don't know if there has been a time where a sloth or BS Ben hasn't been in one
Time for you and Bob to level up! ;)

Sloth

Smash Ace
Would there be any setups free if I rock up later on just to play friendlies? Since I can't make 25th for the full tournament time, but I should have a few hours free in the afternoon. Or all used for tournament?

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Would there be any setups free if I rock up later on just to play friendlies? Since I can't make 25th for the full tournament time, but I should have a few hours free in the afternoon. Or all used for tournament?
Towards the end there are usually quite a lot of setups so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting friendlies in

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Results for Smash Brovaz 3

Singles:
1: Gerd
2: Zerk
3: Haikal
4: Kami
5: Cal
5: Mytus