• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brovaz Qld Bi-Weekly - Jan 25th

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
smash_brovaz-flyer_print-01-550x962.jpg

What: Melee Bi-Weeklies feat Singles, Doubles and Crews
When: 25/01/2015 12PM - 8PM
Where: 5 Goburra St Rocklea - map
How Much: $5 Entry that goes towards future equipment (chairs/tables/setups) + $5 Singles entry.

So I got a house and it has an entire downstairs area ala D.J Cat's place. I have 4 T.V's but only 3 setups so I need some people to bring setups on the day or donate any spares as this will be going for at least a year. If any one has tables/chairs they can bring or I can come and pick up (haz trailer) then that would also be very helpful.

Rules:
1. Its a closed area so we're free to get hype
2. If ANYTHING at all goes missing then the event will be cancelled permanently. Even a stick of gum.
3. Normal social conduct will apply, if you're a tool then you're not welcome.

Game Rules:
Melee

Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

• Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:

• Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

• Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:

• DK 64
  • Poke Floats
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Corneria
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Jungle Japes
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Great Bay
  • Brinstar
  • Green Greens
  • Hyrule Temple (5 Minute limit)
  • Onett
General Rules

• Items are set to off
  • Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
  • Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
  • Double Blind: If elected
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected
  • Neutral Start: If elected
  • DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
  • Forced Character Selection: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
  • Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
  • Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
Additional Rules for Teams Play

• Team Attack: ON
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set

1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
  2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
  3. The players play the first match of the set
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
    For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
    For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Term Definitions
    • Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
    • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
    • Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.
    • DSR: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on.
    • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
    • Forced Character Selection: The losing player once had the option to select Random Stage as their counterpick and remove the option to change characters from the winner of the previous round. This is no longer legal. If a player wishes to select Random Stage as their counterpick, the winner of the previous round may choose to change their character.
    • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.

Rankings:

Crew List: TBC

Results:

SB 1

Pro Singles
1: Syke
2: Spup
3: Rob
4: Mytus
5: Woodley
5: Haikal
7: Jimbo
7: Dino
9: Dutch
9: Kas - Forfeit
9: Jedilink
9: Tweedle Dee

Amatuer Singles
1: Party
2: G$
3: JBird
4: LordOxMoose
5: Sieg
5: Shamus
7: Layne
7: Luke

Doubles
1: Syke and Spup
2: Triss and Aaron
3: Mytus and Woodley
4: Bob and Dino
5: Rob and G$
5: Jedilink and Party
7: Gareth and King Kong
7: Jimbo and Dutch
9: JBird and Shamus
9: LordOxMoose and Layne
9: Jeremy and Jordan
9: TweedleDee and Luke

SB2
Pro Bracket
1. Smopup
2. Syke
3. Haikal
4. Mytus
5. Cal
5. Phrase
7. Radiance
7. Tranq
9. Jimbo
9. P1
9. SLurpy
9. DJ Cat
13. Mesey

Am Bracket
1. Dino
2. Jedilink
3. Russel
4. G$
5. Dutch
5. KJ
7. Dogman
7. Dogtime
9. Thatch
13. Blue (left)

Doubles
1. Syke and Radiance
2. Cal and Toki
3. Woodley and Mytus
4. Bob and DIno
5. Tranq and Nonco
5. Haikal and Monkey
7. P1 and Mesey
7. Dutch and Jimbo
9. Smopup and Wizzow
9. KJ and Slurpy
9. Russel and Seamus
9. G$ and Blue
13. Dogtime and XZ
13. Dogman and Thatch

Singles:
1: Gerd
2: Zerk
3: Haikal
4: Kami
5: Cal
5: Mytus
7: Nonco
7: Tranq
9: Blue
9: Bob
9: Unknown
9: Dino
13: Tweedldee
13: Dogtime
13: Russel

Doubles:
1: Spup and Cal
2: Syke and Kami
3: G$ and Haikal
4: Bob and Dino
5: Mytus and Nonco
5: Tranq and Dogtime
7: Tweedledee and Jack
7: Blue and Russel
9: Moose and CPU

Singles
1: Smoking Puppy
2: Cal
3: Phrase
4: Tranq
5: Jedilink
5: G$
7: Russell
7: Michael
9: LordOxMoose
9: Raptor
9: NQuad1Zero

Doubles
1: Smoking Puppy + Syke
2: G$ + Phrase
3: Jedilink + LordOxMoose
4: JKTS + Raptor
5: Russell + NQuad1Zero

Singles RR
1. Syke
2. Smoking Puppy
3. Tranq
4. Phrase
5. Sloth
6. G$
7. Cal
8. LordOxMoose
9. NQuad1Zero
10. Mike
11. Dogtime

Doubles
1. Spup and Tranq
2. Syke and NQuad1Zero
3. Sloth and Cal
4. G$ and LordOxMoose
5. Dogtime and Phrase

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Rocklea?

****ing Rippa!
(that is a postive term btw)

Kinda near the train station?

Mushroom Kingdom 1 for doubles?
Willing to give it a dig...
MK2 seems more fun but I suppose it can be abused as well.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Looks good. Now I need to find someone to consistently team with ! Currently I don't think I have anything on that Saturday.

I might buy a couple of cheap chairs for you to keep such as : http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/inabox-economy-folding-chair-owppadfold

Would you take desks ? I have two crappy ones we may be throwing to the tip, but I'm not sure if they are suitable. I'll let you know as I am moving soon, so I'll know what we are keeping / getting rid of.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Looks good. Now I need to find someone to consistently team with ! Currently I don't think I have anything on that Saturday.

I might buy a couple of cheap chairs for you to keep such as : http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/inabox-economy-folding-chair-owppadfold

Would you take desks ? I have two crappy ones we may be throwing to the tip, but I'm not sure if they are suitable. I'll let you know as I am moving soon, so I'll know what we are keeping / getting rid of.
nooiiiice I'll bulk buy like 10 of those next week. and yer desks would be good, anything I can put a t.v on really.

Destrei

Smash Rookie
Hey i'm new to the smash scene in Brisbane. I don't currently have a controller but I am working towards getting one soon, am I still able to enter?

nOkay

Smash Rookie
Hey i'm new to the smash scene in Brisbane. I don't currently have a controller but I am working towards getting one soon, am I still able to enter?
Im pretty new 2 dude but ive been to two events so far :) feel free to come everyone is awesome :D

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Bumping for ☆~ HYPE ~☆

Zac, what is this ranking system you mentioned in the OP? Is it going to be a points-based system exclusive to Smash Brovaz?

Also, if we have crews I hope the GC turnout is good. They have the potential for a really solid team.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Zac, what is this ranking system you mentioned in the OP? Is it going to be a points-based system exclusive to Smash Brovaz?
How come we don't use a power ranking system already? There is a program linked on SmashBoards that you just chuck the tio file or challonge bracket into and it automatically figures everything out for you.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I've been privately keeping record and uploading brackets to smashboards. I have a spreadsheet with the overall points for every qld melee entrant since dec 2013.

Ranking system will be everyone gets points but Gerard.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Individuals having cancelled plans is good news in the smash community

enjoy your tournament!

GeeMon

Smash Rookie
Super excited for this. I can bring 1-2 CRT's and 2 set ups (only one copy of melee) but I need someone to give me a lift for that.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Setup is almost complete, just need to make sure people bring game setups. Have plenty of t.v's but only a few cubes/wii's so far, so stick them in ur bag and bring them along guys. Also internet is streamable yey

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Zac do you have room to store a CRT similar in size to GoldenEye? I picked one up today and it doesn't have a home.

I'll be bringing my Cube of course, but I'll be relying on @ D.J Cat D.J Cat and/or @ Dino63 Dino63 to bring my Melee disc (pretty sure I left it in the Wii plugged into Ganon at the Kong Off).

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
I can bring a cube/disc. I have a mem card too but don't have a melee save with everything unlocked on it.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
We'll bring Jackie chan, a cube, Pup's disk, the d!ck bag and the meal maker
Don't worry, those are all smash related items :dkmelee:

Top Bottom