• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can someone give me a link to that "new" direct page. I doesn't seem to apply for the Europe one.
The Europe page wasn't redesigned. Only the American one has the different design.

You can access it from the American Nintendo website.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Read through at least ten pages of Mii arguments to get here. Ugh.

To be on topic, I can see it now:

The Direct opens with a trailer. We see Samus cautiously walking in the Pyrosphere, when a roar resonates behind her. She quickly turns around, and before anything appears, the screen goes blank. The streaming crashed on all servers from too many people watching. :troll:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Read through at least ten pages of Mii arguments to get here. Ugh.

To be on topic, I can see it now:

The Direct opens with a trailer. We see Samus cautiously walking in the Pyrosphere, when a roar resonates behind her. She quickly turns around, and before anything appears, the screen goes blank. The streaming crashed on all servers from too many people watching. :troll:
Or Ridley goes in for a strike, then we hear a faint "Remember me?" and a shot of ice freezes Ridley in place. :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
There's 1 super important thing to do I realized

Someone's got to post a link to the video with the direct for tomorrow so we are all prepared
You can bookmark the the Nintendo direct page. That way all you need to do when the time comes is click in the saved bookmark link

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
If it's a delay, Wii U is dead in the water. Mario Kart alone isn't saving it.
Wii U has been dead in the water since launch but it hasn't drown yet. Mario, Pikmin, Zelda and Donkey Kong have dropped in care packages to keep it alive. Mario Kart will be the life raft to get them out of the water, Smash will be the compass to guide them home.

Anyone still hating on Wii U in 2014 obviously hasn't tried it yet.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wii U has been dead in the water since launch but it hasn't drown yet. Mario, Pikmin, Zelda and Donkey Kong have dropped in care packages to keep it alive. Mario Kart will be the life raft to get them out of the water, Smash will be the compass to guide them home.

Anyone still hating on Wii U in 2014 obviously hasn't tried it yet.
It's a far superior system to the Wii in just about every way.

So much truth in this statement.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't regret buying the WiiU. But I've never been an FPS person anyway besides a little Team Fortress 2.

Delaying Smash 4 would be the last thing it needs though.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Considering they would probably look like this... (graphically, not costume wise)

Yeah.

The picture was from 2006. Of course they will look better.

THE PICTURE IS FROM 2006!!!

My gosh!

I guess we can't have Ridley because 2010 graphics are too outdated!

Honestly...

EDIT:

Besides!

:gw:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH GET IT AWAY GET IT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH....TALK ABOUT BUTCHERING NINTENDO's CHARS.....

Seriously that is beyond horrible......disgusting...

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting a trailer where Samus is looking at the hole in Pyrosphere, followed by a slow close-up of the hole, followed by Tingle slowly floating out of that hole.

Tingle kooloo-limpahs into battle!!!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mii is a Nintendo character. It has a pretty strong chance of getting in.

Get over it. You people are so ugh sometimes.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think that's why I prefer Rosie and Ms. Fit's trailers most actually. They're incredibly misleading. Troll trailers are the best.

Little Mac's is probably my least favorite because you automatically knew where it was going.
The problem with the Mac trailer is that it started with the Smash logo. The different art style and the way it was announced would have lead people to believe it was a new Punch-Out game before Mac hit Sandbag.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Surely Mii's could easily represent one of Nintendo's oldest series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The reactions to Mii and Pac Man make me lose all hope in gamers honestly.

One is an important part of Nintendo history and a perfect viable character.

The other is a video game icon.

But the fandom reaction is like you guys are being asked to put up with Cooking Mama and Barbie joining the roster.

P.S.: Cooking Mama might be awesome actually. A fighter that uses cooking to kill you. Yes. Let's work on that, Sakurai.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mii is a Nintendo character. It has a pretty strong chance of getting in.

Get over it. You people are so ugh sometimes.

The problem with the Mac trailer is that it started with the Smash logo. The different art style and the way it was announced would have lead people to believe it was a new Punch-Out game before Mac hit Sandbag.

The Smash logo is added on for the Youtube videos. The initial Direct trailers never show them to build up hype (the initial Smash 4 trailer was thought to be a new Animal Crossing game, and Rosalina's trailer was thought to be Kirby/Mario Kart, etc.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The Smash logo is added on for the Youtube videos. The initial Direct trailers never show them to build up hype (the initial Smash 4 trailer was thought to be a new Animal Crossing game, and Rosalina's trailer was thought to be Kirby/Mario Kart, etc.)
The Little Mac Trailer had the Smash logo to start, unlike Rosalina. Go watch he actual direct in Nintendo's direct archive if you don't believe me.

Edit: Link to the direct-
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-13-2014/#/video-ndirect

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Nope. The initial reveal trailer and the Little Mac trailer both had the flame symbol in the beginning. Rosalina's was the only one that didn't, as that one was meant to be a fake-out.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Spazzy_D.

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess

The Little Mac trailer featured the Smash logo even on the direct. I hope it was a mistake on their part, as it wasn’t surprising at all knowing that it was a Smash-related video, and then seeing the artstyle.

D

Deleted member

ITT: Proving why Miis are terrible with terrible arguments
I swear if Miis are confirmed this direct there will be enough salt to raise the blood pressure of an entire town. Anyway can we get back on topic now?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Anyone else have nightmares where they woke up late for the direct (even though for me it's at 6) and then couldn't find it online?

Sorry dreams man, scary mufuggin dreams ....

EDIT: Miis are happening, I'd say tomorows a good time for them if they have customization options that needs some splaining.

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
A delay could mean that Nintendo has a surprise game this holiday season. Zelda u?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The reactions to Mii and Pac Man make me lose all hope in gamers honestly.

One is an important part of Nintendo history and a perfect viable character.

The other is a video game icon.

But the fandom reaction is like you guys are being asked to put up with Cooking Mama and Barbie joining the roster.

P.S.: Cooking Mama might be awesome actually. A fighter that uses cooking to kill you. Yes. Let's work on that, Sakurai.
People are free to express their opinions. Not everyone is going to support a character's inclusion just because they are likely.

Even though I dislike Miis I've never understood the Pac-Man hate, but whatever. To each their own.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The way i see it is if a character you don't like gets in, just be thankful a character you do like does. Be it a returning veteran, or someone new, as long as you have that once character that makes it worth getting in, then screw the characters you don't like.
So if no newcomers i wanted get in but mewtwo returns should i be greatful?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
They will announce Tetris Man and you will all go to heck.

And then hell. Now let's talk about the Direct. :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm not against Miis myself. They have been a significant part of Nintendo's history since Wii's creation, and even then, date back much, much farther to Famicom-days.

However, I can't help feeling that they might have hard time distinguishing from the last "Badass Normal"-characters we got as newcomers so far (Villager, Miss Fit). I'm also not too high on customization aspect either.

Perhaps also one of my critiques to these characters might be that they themselves don't hold an identity much compared to Nintendo-characters, because they're literally our avatars. I mean, they could have a moveset based on their games, but I think I'd play as Villager more due having more defined and signature character and look (despite being representation of the player characters from Animal Crossing).

I'm suspecting Miis to be in this game though due SSB4 having both Wuhu Island and Find Mii/StreetPass Quest II-stage in their respective systems. They could even be shown in the Direct already as many have been predicting as of late now.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium

Looks like someone read the date wrong. August 4th is a ways away... :laugh:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
DAMN YOU NINTENDO DIRECT. There is no way I'm going to get any work done at my job today. Or tomorrow. Good thing I have a boring office job that let's me argue about Smash Bros. whenever I want.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i have no expectations for this direct for various reasons so i pretty much cant be disapointed and its not a Gurrdurr....thing no...its just the way i am tbh but... if they announce Mii i will br disapointed....

Having no expectations for any chars but still being disapointed thats quite something......

I would perfer either pacman/goku/krystal
even 2 of thosr chars instead of Mii's

Top Bottom