• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Trying to sleep but keep getting so hyped I wake up and check the date on my phone every few hours.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Kind of an abbreviation of Smash Bros (that's not how you spell Smash Bros. in Katakana), but he does say he's looking forward to it.

On another note, 4/6 is the 2nd anniversary of Xenoblade's release in the US.
Soraya is a chick.

So this Shulk person I keep hearing about... he's not another sword character, is he? *eyetwitch*
Is there something wrong with someone else wielding a sword?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Gawd, that game is addicting. I scored 5352 in 2048: Smash Edition! Can you beat me? I use the I dont give a duck technique. I just randomly press the keys, and in no time, I have a Lucario, Dedede if Im lucky. Oh look, still 3 days left....

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That's me, SuperSah.

Yeah, I only own a 3DS so my hype lays there.
Ah, well that's awesome. It's Always neat when you recognie someone on a totally different site. Among the countless other users, lol.

But anywho. Yeah, I'm sure there'll be 3DS footage this time, We've not seen it since E3. And going by the screenshots, the 3DS version looks much better now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
YES HE IS MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Soraya is a chick.

Is there something wrong with someone else wielding a sword?
To me, yes. Character variety is important, and tbh, I'm kinda tired of all the sword characters. You know, if we had a character wielding a magic staff or something... (some of you know who I'm driving towards to)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To me, yes. Character variety is important, and tbh, I'm kinda tired of all the sword characters. You know, if we had a character wielding a magic staff or something... (some of you know who I'm driving towards to)
Hey man, the Monado isn't just your average sword. (I still don't know what that means. The Nintendo universe just has alot of important sword characters, probably because swords are a weapon of nobility.) I'm pulling for the same staff wielding chick too!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey man, the Monado isn't just your average sword. (I still don't know what that means. The Nintendo universe just has alot of important sword characters, probably because swords are a weapon of nobility.) I'm pulling for the same staff wielding chick too!
I understand, but I'm sure there's plenty other important ones that aren't sword users.

I didn't take you for a Krystal fan.
You wish. Palutena or bust. And coincidentally, she's the only 1 I care for as far as potential newcomers go.

D

Deleted member

Gawd, that game is addicting. I scored 5352 in 2048: Smash Edition! Can you beat me? I use the I dont give a duck technique. I just randomly press the keys, and in no time, I have a Lucario, Dedede if Im lucky. Oh look, still 3 days left....
I seriously just mashed and got to Mega Man.
THIS GAME IS RIGGED

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I understand, but I'm sure there's plenty other important ones that aren't sword users.
I'm not quite sure why it has to matter. What's the difference between a fist and a sword? Mac has punches, Mario has punches, Bowser has punches, the list goes on. If someone picks up a sword, why is it suddenly the end of the world? Especially considering how different every sword user is.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I think I got as far as Dedede on the 2048 game.

You wish. Palutena or bust. And coincidentally, she's the only 1 I care for as far as potential newcomers go.
While I have no ties to Kid Icarus, Palutena seems fairly probable. I imagine she'd get a cool trailer and an interesting playstyle.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I'm hoping for a newcomer that's completely outta left field. Or at least a cool fake out in the reveal trailer.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, anyone Think we'll get to see what the Character Selection Screen looks like? I am honestly very interested in that. :)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm not quite sure why it has to matter. What's the difference between a fist and a sword? Mac has punches, Mario has punches, Bowser has punches, the list goes on. If someone picks up a sword, why is it suddenly the end of the world? Especially considering how different every sword user is.
Because people think all sword users are the same. That's why people are against Chrom and people like him.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My problem is that I don't want all the characters to be generic punch/kick or sword types. The thing is that they're probably the 2 most common classes of characters. Sure, we have a few that don't focus on all that, but I feel the ever-growing numbers of those characters will annoy me somehow despite their different playstyles.

I think I got as far as Dedede on the 2048 game.

While I have no ties to Kid Icarus, Palutena seems fairly probable. I imagine she'd get a cool trailer and an interesting playstyle.
That's the thing. A character that actually wields a staff, can potentially use her shield to shield bash (does Link ever do that with his shield?), and has a different magical trait that likely won't be glitter and sparkles. That's what Palutena could bring to us and more stuff that I didn't list.
I'm not trying to start any fights. It's just I feel that I want to see different weapons for a change. D3 has his hammer, Pit has a mixture of weapons from a bow that becomes twin blades, and has other weapons, WFT has that Yoga stuff (technically not all punches/kicks), Megaman's different weapons from the Robot Masters, and a few others... you get the idea.

But like I said, the Goddess of Light could definitely bring something new to the table, and she is likely and reasonable at the same time.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey guys. I just thought of something. I mean, it might either be obvious, or spitballing. I dunno. Anyway, do you remember how, back when we got the Mario vs. Megaman match, we didn't see the CSS? It just went straight to the match. What I think is, Sakurai didn't want to show us the CSS because it showed the starting roster, and would've revealed veterans/newcomers we didn't know about just yet.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
So, anyone Think we'll get to see what the Character Selection Screen looks like? I am honestly very interested in that. :)
Probably. If they're dedicating a whole direct for smash, then I would imagine they'd cover that sort of thing. At this point, I feel so starved of information that I'll be happy with whatever they throw at us. Of course I say that now...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hey guys. I just thought of something. I mean, it might either be obvious, or spitballing. I dunno. Anyway, do you remember how, back when we got the Mario vs. Megaman match, we didn't see the CSS? It just went straight to the match. What I think is, Sakurai didn't want to show us the CSS because it showed the starting roster, and would've revealed veterans/newcomers we didn't know about just yet.
IIRC a menu at the side of the screen showed up and the match was selected from there. My guess is it was some kind of debug menu being used because the CSS hadn't been implemented yet.

That seems likely because there could have just been a different CSS for E3.
Something like this

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Officially can't watch it live.
Maybe someday I can watch a Nintendo Direct live...
If it was a week later I could watch it live.
Hhopefully I avoid anything that spoils the Direct, unless they have a video select on the side like last time

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know, thinking about it, let's say Sm4sh gets announced to release in July. If it gets delayed a few times, it could still get released in 2014.

Just a thought that came to mind.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I will Watch it live. But it will be midnight for me. I'm just lucky I have nothing to go up early for the next day, haha.

Also, the five Newcomers I Think are most likely to be revealed (not all at the same time, of course), are: Ridley, Palutena, Mii, PacMan and Chrom.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
That is the #1 thing I'm always hyped for when it comes to upcoming fighting games, a character select screen can tell a lot, but I doubt we'll see one during the Direct.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That is the #1 thing I'm always hyped for when it comes to upcoming fighting games, a character select screen can tell a lot, but I doubt we'll see one during the Direct.
Well, they have to show what the game looks like outside of battles sometime, right? ^^ Doesn't have to show the Chatacter Selection, but at least what the overall games looks like would be nice. Sakurai Always makes it so flashy. Especially in Kid Icarus: Uprising, haha.

IF Ridley is playable, his Selection Square better be bigger than the others.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Eheheh... I'm actually playing hooky from school on the day of the Direct so I can watch it live...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Eheheh... I'm actually playing hooky from school on the day of the Direct so I can watch it live...
Hopefully it won't come to that for me. After school ends for me, I would have 45 minutes to ride the bus home, walk home, and get to my computer before the Direct starts.

D

Deleted member

I got work of on Tuesday, so my entire day is basically going to be The Wolf Among Us and Smash.
Suckers

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh no, the people who made Spul Calibur, aka a fighting game with nothing but sword and similar weapon users, clearly can do nothing else with sword characters. Yep, gunblade or future blade weapons or new sword styles are out of the question.

Instead, we should get more characters that use the sex kick :rolleyes:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh no, the people who made Spul Calibur, aka a fighting game with nothing but sword and similar weapon users, clearly can do nothing else with sword characters. Yep, gunblade or future blade weapons or new sword styles are out of the question.

Instead, we should get more characters that use the sex kick :rolleyes:
I can't tell whether or not you're dissing Soulcalibur or not...

But I hope you aren't.

Top Bottom