• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My body is ready. I've been training my body for a Direct like this.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Let's all list things we think WON'T be included in the direct!

Release date being earlier than Q3

Takumaru, Ridley, King K Rool, Palutena

More than one newcomer

More than 3 veterans

If I'm wrong on 2 or more of these (each character counts as 1) I will upload a video of myself eating something disgusting (but edible) of your choice, to https://www.youtube.com/user/NathanRW (yes it's my channel, and I'm being serious)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Let's all list things we think WON'T be included in the direct!

Release date being earlier than Q3

Takumaru, Ridley, King K Rool, Palutena

More than one newcomer

More than 3 veterans

If I'm wrong on 2 or more of these (each character counts as 1) I will upload a video of myself eating something disgusting (but edible) of your choice, to https://www.youtube.com/user/NathanRW (yes it's my channel, and I'm being serious)
Why don't you think Palutena? I find her to be one of the most likely to be revealed.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Why don't you think Palutena? I find her to be one of the most likely to be revealed.
Just a gut feeling! Also, I'm partly hoping to be wrong, so if I have to do something gross if I'm wrong, I feel like the fates will allow it ;) (It makes sense in my head, shut up!!)

D

Deleted member

I've also refound this :

Last edited by a moderator:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Just a gut feeling! Also, I'm partly hoping to be wrong, so if I have to do something gross if I'm wrong, I feel like the fates will allow it ;) (It makes sense in my head, shut up!!)
Nah, it's cool. We all have opinions. Remember when we all thought we'd see Diddy and/or Dixie at the last Direct?

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the timing of having this Direct months away from e3, I wonder if they're aiming for different audiences here. This Direct is clearly targeted to the hardcore Smash fan, the guy or gal that checks every update. e3 is a general gaming event, so maybe they'll target the peripheral Smash fanbase then. The general public, basically.

If you get character reveals for both events, I'd imagine the Direct would include reveals hardcore fans would hype for (Ridley, Mewtwo, Takamaru, K.Rool). Whereas e3 would reveal characters that would create buzz throughout gaming media and the general populace (Pac-Man, Snake, Mii...hell, Ridley fits both categories).

Just my theory, I could be completely wrong.

R0Y

Smash Master
Keeping my expectations rational, expecting 1 newcomer and 3 or 4 veterans and a November release date.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
#TeamPalutena all the way, man.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
#TeamPalutena
  • Hinata2000100
  • Motor Bug 2005
  • Young Horsetail
#TeamChrom
  • Young Horsetail
  • Mask O' Gears
#TeamTakamaru

#TeamShulk

• Embers To Ashes
#TeamIsaac
  • Fenrir VII
#TeamRidley
  • ROY

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
#TeamShulk

Xenoblade Chronicles was one of the best rpg's I've played in years, if not the best. That game deserves to have a playable character in smashbros. and who better than Shulk?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
#TeamPalutena
  • Hinata2000100
  • Motor Bug 2005
  • Young Horsetail
  • Andimidna
  • OhHeyDJ