• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
also when the 3ds releases and we know the full roster how in the world are they going to hype the wii u version for no characters?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Does anyone think the Star Rod could become a part of Kirby's custom moveset? It hasn't been revealed as an item, but in the Greninja/Charizard trailer, Kirby is shown using it as his projectile weapon.

Also, do you think Link will be able to change between his Gale boomerang (shown in the same trailer) and a regular boomerang?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
While watching that outro, I also noticed that Dedede does a stupid little spinout trip when he misses with his Jet Hammer, successfully making the move even less viable...

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
By the way, there will be 4 people battling at a time in For Glory. So chaingrabbing and whatnot won't work too well while you get pummeled by the other two guys on the stage.
For Glory mode can be played 1 v 1 if you want. It can also be played with 4 people.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I noticed something neat. In the Yellow Devil footage, Bowser does his Down Air, which looks the same as Always. You know how characters like Toon Link and Sonic shoots down when they do those? Bowser does it now as well. :)

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I noticed something neat. In the Yellow Devil footage, Bowser does his Down Air, which looks the same as Always. You know how characters like Toon Link and Sonic shoots down when they do those? Bowser does it now as well. :)
I like how they are changing it up to make this game more balanced. But the lack of hitsun worries me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like how they are changing it up to make this game more balanced. But the lack of hitsun worries me
We just need any smash player from anywhere to play the game once and tell us how it is. Anticipation sucks :/.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I don't think this game will be as competitive as Melee but i certainly think it will more competitive than Brawl
More competitive than Brawl is always good. Hopefully this will be extremely competitive, at least at tournaments. Clearly online will have it's flaws, but maybe the tournament scene will be good.

Shroob

Sup?
Considering it feels like Nintendo is going all out on this one, maybe there'll be balance changes and patches.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Considering it feels like Nintendo is going all out on this one, maybe there'll be balance changes and patches.
Or with customisable movesets you can make your own!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1v1 matches are an option in For Glory. Said so right on the Direct.
Wait, they did? AMAZING!

At first I was like "Meh." because I thought it had to be FFA. Now I'm legit excited.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Or with customisable movesets you can make your own!
These were just confirmed in the Direct, or at least to some degree. But they won't be useable online. As for balancing and patches, they've been patching other games on Wii U so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it with Sm4sh. It'll be a nice way for them to keep things balanced and hopefully avoid any more Meta Knight situations.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Another thing I saw, Olimar's jab actually has him punching. ^^ And his Neutral Air is NOT identical to his Up Tilt!

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
It really does feel like sakurai is trolling us competitive players with this mode.......

Its not only insulting due to him/nintendo also seeming to believe the stereotype casual players have plastered on us(fox only, final destination, no items) but the mode right next to it also seems to slightly imply that sakurai also seems to think its not possible to "have fun competitively"
Ehh, no. I think this is the best possible way to have competitive matches online. Instead of random matches having a period where players are trying to decide whether or not they want to use items, or which stages are competitive or not (as not all players will agree on that). There's a single mode where the battles are guaranteed to be fought on an even playing field. A step up from brawls online, no doubt.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Holy **** did no one catch this:
4.50 of the direct

IT SHOWS LUIGI HAVING HIS SUPER MARIO BROS 2 "floaty air kicking propeller" thing (kinda like yoshi)

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Holy **** did no one catch this:
4.50 of the direct

IT SHOWS LUIGI HAVING HIS SUPER MARIO BROS 2 "floaty air kicking propeller" thing (kinda like yoshi)
We knew for a while now.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well looks like the roster has leaked since it's coming from the same source as the leaky three. in respect to ppl who don't want to know I put it in spoiler tags

Choir Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
These were just confirmed in the Direct, or at least to some degree. But they won't be useable online. As for balancing and patches, they've been patching other games on Wii U so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it with Sm4sh. It'll be a nice way for them to keep things balanced and hopefully avoid any more Meta Knight situations.
I know they were confirmed and I know their not usable in online with anyone/non-friends, I watched the direct. I was just being silly

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
well looks like the roster has leaked since it's coming from the same source as the leaky three. in respect to ppl who don't want to know I put it in spoiler tags

Choir Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
We have the leak thread for this. Please keep it to there.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think the notion given was that playing in a game to not actually play the game was going to be against the rules.

It would be like league of legends (or other match making/team based games), a person is choosing to not play the game for whatever reason, which hurts the experience for people who do.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, DK has his Rolling Attack from the Country games, and Link has his Jump Slash from all his 3D games. I love these new attacks for old characters.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
That Ridley deconfirm
The ZS Samus fakeout
The Pseudo-Palutena trophy right before the newcomers
and Sakurai making fun of Iwata's "direct" hand... thing he does...

Sakurai I love you.

Seriously, though... how should I go about proposing to him?

But no, really. Awesome Direct. I get why people would be bummed about Ridley, or force themselves further into denial, but I accepted there was a strong chance he'd end up a boss/stage hazard a long time ago, as I think any Ridley fan should do. If he is playable, I'm pleasantly surprised, and if not, I'm no worse for the wear. The Greninja thing was a massive fake-out for me - I thought it was Mewtwo, like many, but even so, Greninja is my favorite starter from X and Y, and he looks incredible! And how gorgeous was that CG trailer?!

All the new items. New modes. The fact that most stages have a final destination version, great touch. Customizable moves - something people have been wanting since forever! And how badass does Zero Suit Samus look? Rocket boots! Awesome! She looks to be very much improved. I feel like anyone complaining about this direct is missing a lot of great stuff and focusing on one or two negatives that they really just ought to get over. You're likely not going to get every character you want, so sit back and enjoy the wonderful new stuff we did get!

Also, Isaac survived the AT slaughter, K. Rool's chances may have been bolstered by the Kremlings, and Takamaru may also still make it yet, so my 3 most wanted are still safe! :troll: *flees*

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
:007: & :002: arent returning? :'(
Honestly, i think since Pokemon Trainer wont be controlling the Pokemon this time around we'll get Charizard playable (as we already saw) and now we got a water starter, Greninja. It kinda looks like Greninja will be taking Squirtle's place as the water starter... bat least that's what i think. If im right then im curious to why It looks like Ivysaur wont get a replacement. Im actually hoping they'll show another trailer showing a veteran Pokemon (preferably Mewtwo) with a new Grass starter like Sceptile from Hoenn. I know it sounds incredibly unlikely, but i felt like sharing this thought here.

Top Bottom