• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
My prediction of what they might show:
- Newcomers: Palutena, Mii
- Veterans: Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff
- Modes: Adventure mode, classic mode and/or an entirely new mode
- A new cinematic trailer at the start of the direct, which showcases Palutena and the veterans
- A closer look at previously announced characters (newcomers and veterans), stages, items and game mechanics during gameplay
- New gameplay mechanics
- Wii U/3DS compatability explaination
- Window for release (as announced earlier today)
- A reveal trailer for Mii near the end
- Explaination and showcase of Mii

My hopes and dreams:
- Newcomers (one or two of these): Lloyd Irving, Isaac, Shulk, Chrom/Tharja, New Pokémon rep
Either one (or two) of these would be really awesome, though Lloyd in Sm4sh would make me the happiest Smasher alive.
- Veterans: Captain Falcon, Sheik, Falco
- Modes: Updated adventure and all-star modes
- Misc.: Alternate costumes
- Mechanics: directional airdodges and (increased) hitstun and gravity would make me really happy

Also, even though I might be alone so it might not really be a team: #TeamLloyd

Only slightly over 90 minutes to go! I can't waiiiiiit!!

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
It's so close, yet... way too far...

What to do what to do what to do...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This is pretty much the go-to hype thread. Always feels good with those.

I'm playing Brawl in the meantime. How fitting! Playing Classic Mode on Intense using 1 Stock with Mario. Any tips?
Yes. Don't use Mario :awesome:

Gyrados would be a badass Pokeball Pokemon.
That he would... I don't understand why he wasn't though. I mean... at the very least Magikarp could have been the "Goldeen" or something. Maybe there is a 5% chance that it would evolve and use dragon rage or something. I don't know, it would have been so cool.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
...I had a dream that Piplup and Vileplume were announced as playable characters during this Direct. BEWARE! :laugh:

Onibaba

Banned via Warnings
Is there a Youtube link or what? I will not be able to survive all this hype if the video ends up lagging as ****.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I just went onto the stream early to prepare and take a look and there is the usual UStream but there's a 'Alternative Streaming Service' below it. Maybe it's just me but I've never seen that before?

Attachments

Morbi

Scavenger
Is there a Youtube link or what? I will not be able to survive all this hype if the video ends up lagging as ****.
The Direct uploads right after it is done streaming. But you should be able to find a Youtube link within minutes of its climax, if that is what you are into.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm sure the direct will also be avaliable to stream on Wii U as well. I really want to watch its HD gloriousness TV.

Anyone watch those GameExplain Mario Kart 8 videos? Where they show a full lap of each course? It looks like I could freaking EAT it.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
...I had a dream that Piplup and Vileplume were announced as playable characters during this Direct. BEWARE! :laugh:
I had a dream where Shyguy and Paper Mario were announced as newcomers, and that the game was receiving an overhaul that would be a lot more like a Mario Party title...

Morbi

Scavenger
Do something to distract yourself until it is time. Curiousity can really do a number to someone's head while waiting.
That is why solitary confinement is much worse than it sounds!

I'm sure the direct will also be avaliable to stream on Wii U as well. I really want to watch its HD gloriousness TV.

Anyone watch those GameExplain Mario Kart 8 videos? Where they show a full lap of each course? It looks like I could freaking EAT it.
Not really; maybe I should do that while waiting.

D

Deleted member

You know what? We should all post our reaction videos here (or in a separated thread due to SPAM) for whatever is revealed. Who is with me?:smirk:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Someone a few pages back mentioned the thing about Pikachu's ears invading other characters' character boxes (Fox and Bowser), and this is interesting in that no other character's picture spills over like Pikachu's.

This poster also mentioned that Pikachu was featured in today's PotD along with the three boxes found in the game. Why would he include Pikachu specifically? I believe this has significance.

The boxes each represent something:

1: Wooden Box - someone old. This represents Jigglypuff, as she is the oldest Pokémon (next to Pikachu) to be in the Smash Bros. series.

2: Chrome Box - someone new(er than Jigglypuff). Pokémon Trainer makes a return.

3: Gift Box - a surprise character. However, this will not be a surprise to those of us who have anticipated his grand return.
IT'S MEWTWO, MUTHALICKAS.

Sakurai wanted it to be known that something Pokémon related is going down today, and I've cracked the code.

Here's the picture of Pikachu for reference:
Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 4.20.42 PM.png

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Someone a few pages back mentioned the thing about Pikachu's ears invading other characters' character boxes (Fox and Bowser), and this is interesting in that no other character's picture spills over like Pikachu's.

This poster also mentioned that Pikachu was featured in today's PotD along with the three boxes found in the game. Why would he include Pikachu specifically? I believe this has significance.

1: Wooden Box - someone old. This represents Jigglypuff, as she is the oldest Pokémon (next to Pikachu) to be in the Smash Bros. series.

2: Chrome Box - someone new(er than Jigglypuff). Pokémon Trainer makes a return.

3: Gift Box - a surprise character. However, this will not be a surprise to those of us who have anticipated his grand return.

Sakurai wanted it to be known that something Pokémon related is going down today, and I've cracked the code.

View attachment 11654
Heyyy that was me~ I was mostly joking about it though. You're overthinking things.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh. Well, this is my first time seeing you, so I thought I would welcome you.
Well welcome to you too. Pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm surprised you haven't seen me, I am here a lot of the time, in the Miiverse, Leaks, and Social thread

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

View attachment 11654
Oh God, please don't hype me up like that, its not healthy.

Morbi

Scavenger

View attachment 11654
Or maybe the Direct doesn't have anything to do with Pokemon BECAUSE he was alluding to Pokemon? Huh? Huh? No?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

View attachment 11654
As much as I like Pokémon I don't want this to be the PokéSmash Direct.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Less than 90 minutes left! And so the number of people browsing this thread (and the hype) increases...

Currently listening to Death Note's first opening theme. Will probably listen to some F-Zero music afterwards.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I just went onto the stream early to prepare and take a look and there is the usual UStream but there's a 'Alternative Streaming Service' below it. Maybe it's just me but I've never seen that before?
To bring up a post from a few minutes ago...
Am I just going crazy? I haven't ever seen this before! I think I'm taking this way too seriously.

ITS THE HYPEEE!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Did you guys ever consider that the graphic designer just you know made a mistake when putting it together?

Top Bottom