• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see a lot of new faces popping up. Welcome y'all! :)

I'm quite interested in the cinematics in the trailer this time. Mega Man's trailer simply blew me away. Let's see if this direct can top that.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
2 hours left.
And with that I may or may not be back until after the Direct.
Have fun with your hype! I sure can't wait to talk about it later.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'd say we start and close with a newcomer. Reggie can introduce the direct and then we are offered a trailer of Reggii (a Mii customized to look like Reggie). Mii's are playable.

Then we could get the date, a view of items and stages and movesets. A preview of adventure mode. Maybe a little bit of customization on 3DS (if indeed they chose this route). A brief look at veterans. Zelda and Sheik. Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar with his three Pikmin. Ganondorf.

Then we can end with Pac-Man.
Hisssss....[bite]

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I see a lot of new faces popping up. Welcome y'all! :)

I'm quite interested in the cinematics in the trailer this time. Mega Man's trailer simply blew me away. Let's see if this direct can top that.
I've liked every trailer so far and they'll definitely be something I watch for years to come, just like the Brawl trailers. Also, a Punch-Out game done in the style of Little Mac's trailer would be so good it hurts to think about.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Seeing as Mega Man's trailer made some people nearly wet their pants in excitement, it's going to be hard to top that level of hype. :p

It's supposedly half an hour long.

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
So people are saying that there is going to be a release date/window announced during this thing like Sakurai said it himself, but I don't know where people are getting this information. Anyone care to help?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So people are saying that there is going to be a release date/window announced during this thing like Sakurai said it himself, but I don't know where people are getting this information. Anyone care to help?
I think it was Iwata who said it actually.... on his twitter.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Oh Boy.
My first time here in this community with a direct incoming.
My Body is so ready for this.^^

btw. does somebody has the "Shulk-shrug-pic" on Stand-by in case we dont get him
....im just asking. I want him as much as everybody else here^^

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Nintendo tweeted that a release window will be announced in the direct.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Morbi

Scavenger
For those waiting, this would be the ideal time to get some homework done to pass the time.
It is so very funny that you should state that; I was waiting... and I have homework. Your message has been a sign from the gods; I should probably get started. And with that, I am gone as quickly as I came. Thanks. :awesome:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'm pretty sure it'd be 30 minutes. Anything more than that would be too long, really. The Pokémon and The Wonderful 101 Directs were only less than 20 minutes, too.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It is so very funny that you should state that; I was waiting... and I have homework. Your message has been a sign from the gods; I should probably get started. And with that, I am gone as quickly as I came. Thanks. :awesome:
No problem. Luckily, all I have to do is to read Module 7 for my Desktop Publishing class.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Shulk, Chrom, Takamaru; I kinda have the feeling that we will get all three today. I imagine the trailer will be a bit like the segment with Marth, Meta Knight, and Ike in the SSE.
I feel like we'll only get one but I hope I'm wrong. If we get one it'll probably be Shulk (maybe Chrom though.)

Palutena is likely cuz of all those Kid Icarus items and stages we've been getting lately.

Ridley is likely for the same reason.

Also Mewtwo, because why not?

I want a mass flow of veterans now, but I don't know if we'll get even one. Hopefully we get a cool explanation of a redesigned veteran, cuz that'd be nice. Wario, Yoshi, C. Falcon, and Meta Knight seem the most likely. I'd like to see something EarthBound related too, just so we know Ninty still cares.

Maybe we'll find out what the Phantom and Dark Lord do.

I wanna be surprised though so I'll leave it at that.

I also drew a quick sketch of characters I'd like to see in the direct (kinda like a checklist.) I'll circle whoever is confirmed and post it here later. Too lazy to get out the scanner.

I might also film my reaction. I've never done that before but with Little Mac I freaked out a lot, so maybe I'll do it just for laughs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
On my way home from school right now.

I hope you all prepared your anuses with water-based lubricants. The secret ingredient is...

fanboy tears. :troll:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Sweet mother of Miyamoto, only 1 hour and 53 minutes left.

The hype is so overwhelming, I was actually sick over the weekend. Let's just hope they don't freaking screw up again.

*COUGH COUGH* *HACK*

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I have to admit, a YouTube link would be nice to have up with the Direct feed. Just in case on of them goes down, likely the latter.

Picture this. The screen faded from darkness to show Satoru Iwata in a white background. He gives his customary Japanese bow. "Good evening," he says with Engrish enunciation. "We are happy to have you all here for the first every Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS Nintendo Direct. Well, be giving you tons of content delivered," - he puts out his hands in the scope of his face "directly, to you. The game's director, Masahiro Sakurai, well be here with me shortly."

Formalities over, you hobble close to the screen, propping your head closer to your computer speakers. You feel a surging pit in your stomach. Your breath intensifies. All these sensations associate with hype.

"But before we begin, please understaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" The video cuts as Iwata remains frozen in one still frame. The screen has fuzzy pixelations tearing along the screen, scrambling the picture.

"No... no..." You flop out of your office chair towards your monitor. "NOOOOOOOO!" Your Cheetos-stained sausage fingers burl to a fist, punching straight through your monitor. The screen rivets with a distorted rainbow of color before surging to black. Your system become inoperative.

Ffffwpppp... Your motherboard moans its last breath. Sparks and smoke begin to spritz from your hard drive.

GOD DAMN **** ****! WHAT THE **** NINTENDO! **** MY LIFE!" Your vulgar tyraid sends you whipping fists around the compressed, circulating air of your apartment. Nothing can describe your shattered excitement and hopes. In retreat, you flop onto your dakamura of Palutena, embracing as your snot-riddled face and tears puddle over her frozenly happy visage. You can't imagine the consolatory warmth she would exchange with you if she were real. All while mom yacks from the bottom of the stairs for you to report to dinner.

Hype ruined...

Cutthemac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cutthemac
3DS FC
4554-0216-3307
If Shulk isn't announced, we will assemble a team and pester Sakurai with ridiculous character requests until he puts Shulk in the game.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Usres viewing this thread: 124 users, 114 guests, 238 total.

Dat hype, its got me going like a chocolate Suger Rush! Which reminds, perfect hype song:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
debating skipping a class quiz just to watch all of this!
Do it.
Apparently it's on his Twitter, and Nintendo officially stated that at some point between now and yesterday.

EDIT: People answered first cuz I missed a page.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guys, you do know you can watch the direct via official site, right? Here: http://www.smashbros.com/

Select your language/region and click on the Smash Bros. Direct link and it will redirect you to your region's Nintendo Direct page with the stream.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For those waiting, this would be the ideal time to get some homework done to pass the time.
I had a hard time watching animes because the Direct was the back of mind the entire time. Best of luck if you're going to do this. You'll need it. :p

Top Bottom