• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I personally wouldn't mind Pacman in but in my mind he doesn't seem to fit.

Please don't hate me

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
...the game won't come out until the heat death of the universe...
You make jokes now, but oh man.... when that actually happens there will be riots. As for what we will see in less than 3 hours (EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!), I'm betting newcomer + vet (Ice Climbers or re-worked Ganondorf please)reveals because drought, and I'm hoping for stage analysis, Character Selection Screen, gameplay video, and details about music.

My expectations are.... realistic? And wow over 100 pages in 4 days. The hype is real.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do people still not understand time zones after all those Directs? The Earth is round, as in spherical, folks!

It ain't the same time in all world. It's 8 PM where I am, 4 AM in Japan and 3 PM in New York. Sun shines light on one side of the Earth, other side is dark. This simple fact is the meaning behind the time zones. It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Dude, that sucks.
I. KNOW. I'm at work until 5 and by the time i get home it'll be 6. And my family still likes family dinners, so i won't be watching it until after it's on the archive. But at 6, i'm turning my phone off and not logging into any social media until i watch it to completeness. I'm so stoked.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well, I'm wrong again. I didn't even know that DD came out Post-Brawl! :facepalm:
All good. That's why i also support Matthew- I just want SOME Golden Sun representation. Either one works for me, since they're father and son anyways.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well I won't get to watch the Direct until around 7:30.
Hopefully the hype doesn't die down at all by when I finish.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What are you talking about? All time zones will have it simultaneously. If Japan or any other region got it earlier, all information would be reported as soon as it ended.
I was reading the SSB4 website and it says that it would start at 3 PM PT....I should have paid more attention to PT.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I. KNOW. I'm at work until 5 and by the time i get home it'll be 6. And my family still likes family dinners, so i won't be watching it until after it's on the archive. But at 6, i'm turning my phone off and not logging into any social media until i watch it to completeness. I'm so stoked.
The only good part I can think of is that most of the direct will be announced and you can look up the information later, meaning never having to deal with the Direct Video's Lag.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
What we will see in two and a half hours time:

We see Sakurai looking at the camera, he welcomes us to the nintendo directs dedicated to smash bros.
Right after he reveals to us that the project has been cancelled, we aren't getting the game, ever.
We see him with his head down for about 29 more minutes, with soft, yet still audible murmurs of him saying sorry.
Right before the directs ends he lifts his head back up, with tears streaming down his face he says "Please understand"

I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS DIRECT!!! :D

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So my last minute predictions...
Palutena, Takamaru/Shulk/Ridley/Mewtwo.
I'm pretty confident in Palutena, the others are a bit of an and/or situation.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Well I won't get to watch the Direct until around 7:30
Hopefully the hype doesn't die down at all by when I finish.
Depending on what we see, the hype could be even higher than what it is now. Too bad they aren't showing an exact release date, but at least we'll have a better idea of when the game will be out.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Think negative thoughts. Ness is cut, Jigglypuff is cut, Tingle is the big reveal, the game won't come out until the heat death of the universe, stuff like that.
Please understand.....
Anyway im hoping for Lucina or Bayonetta but i think its going to be Shulk, Mewtwo or Chrom.

I really try to get my hopes not too high but its not possible.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
If anyone wants to pass time, look up the SMASH BROTHERS documentary on YouTube. Each episode is about a half an hour, and its really interesting if you haven't seen it. :)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The only good part I can think of is that most of the direct will be announced and you can look up the information later, meaning never having to deal with the Direct Video's Lag.
Yeah, the directs lag so much. I remember the E3 direct lagged basically UNTIL the smash bros trailer. If it lagged during that....

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
First post! I've crept here for too many years.

Bringing Mewtwo back is a top priority, but I would love for Isaac or Toon Tetra/Zelda to be revealed as a newcomer.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I have this playing while I bounce in my seat in glee and anticipation.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It should be Isaac if anyone from GS, but being an AT doesn't really effect chances either which way.
If Isaac is announced, would people prefer him in his 1+2 appearance or DD appearance?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah, the directs lag so much. I remember the E3 direct lagged basically UNTIL the smash bros trailer. If it lagged during that....
Nintendo would never hear the end of it.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
You can't yell at him when I'm the one who prompted his response.

So, with 3 hours left, outside of the confirmed stuff, what do you guys think will be at the Direct?
I wasn't yelling. People yell when they use cap locks.

Err... I don't think you have to play mini-mod. Just saying.
I know. It just really bothered me for some reason. I admit, sometimes I wish I had the ability to earn likes easily like everyone else.

Really need Ridley or Palutena at this up coming Direct.. or at least a confirmed release date.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If there's an assortment of any veterans that would come in just a couple of hours, the one's who may not have games to promote would be ideal. Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Lucas, R.O.B., or Ice Climbers. Sakurai will probably put a few of them back for wildcard reveals though.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Really need Ridley or Palutena at this up coming Direct.. or at least a confirmed release date.
There's gonna be a confirmed release window if that does anything for ya.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Isaac is announced, would people prefer him in his 1+2 appearance or DD appearance?
I can't imagine he would wind up with an appearance so radically different from his most iconic. Even if DD is more recent, his 1+2 look is pretty much the face of the series.

Top Bottom