• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I have to admit, a YouTube link would be nice to have up with the Direct feed. Just in case on of them goes down, likely the latter.
Expect it to lag like crazy. They'll post a YouTube link hopefully via their Twitter or something, like they have the previous Directs.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Oh man I'm really pumped!! Less than 2 hours left!

I'm doing homework to pass time. Hopefully I'll be done before the stream starts (well not really, it's pretty dang long!)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I've finished all my exams for the day, so nothing to do now but hype (or do homework, but that's due 2 days from now).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Don't do that. The direct will be there after you are done.
it depends on which class, honestly.

but whatever, I'm facing a hard decision whether or not to drop a class atm so what should I know?

EDIT: whoops. off topic, but I really need to get this stress outta my system. sorry guys.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I had a hard time watching animes because the Direct was the back of mind the entire time. Best of luck if you're going to do this. You'll need it. :p
Thanks. I have the ability to put anything aside to do homework. I am able to put off looking at the SSB4 Official Site Dailys Pictures until every Thursday. This Direct will be just as fine.

Misti

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mistimane
Apparantly it's supposed to be 30 minutes, so I guess you don't need to hope.
Oh! Cool, half hour about Smash 4.... That'll be epic for sure !

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To pass the time, I just have Ryoshima Coast from Okami playing in the background.

The hype is too real, guys. This is the moment we've been waiting for.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've finished all my exams for the day, so nothing to do now but hype (or do homework, but that's due 2 days from now).
Right? I just checked and apparently my assignment is due on Wednesday; so I guess I am not doing that until Wednesday! I already realize that I should really do the homework; but at the same time, this is the first time I have been excited for Smash in awhile. So I am going to be an idiot and procrastinate.

Ascended

Smash Ace
One the one hand, I want to skip class for this.
But on the other hand, if I go to class I don't have to take the final. (You can have at least one absence and not take the final, and I already have one absence.)

I'm also pretty sure that if I skip class to watch the direct, then I'll have an abundance of Internet issues as punishment from some divine source.
Eh, maybe I can get out early...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Right? I just checked and apparently my assignment is due on Wednesday; so I guess I am not doing that until Wednesday! I already realize that I should really do the homework; but at the same time, this is the first time I have been excited for Smash in awhile. So I am going to be an idiot and procrastinate.
Be idiots with all of us!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey we have some newcomers join the fray! Hi everyone, I am Lozjam, and a really friendly guy. All you lurkers out there should join and be with us, we have a blast here on Smashboards!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Getting off work now. I have craft beer that I've been chilling in the fridge since last night, I'm going to make a bowl of cheddar jalapeno popcorn, and I'm already wearing my lucky Nintendo boxers. My phone will be on silent and my girlfriend won't be home from work for another 4 hours so I can act as fanboyish as I want without being judged. Tonight's going to be a good night.

Morbi

Scavenger
Expect it to lag like crazy. They'll post a YouTube link hopefully via their Twitter or something, like they have the previous Directs.
Actually that is a good point; announcing the Direct a week early was a great idea to inform all of the viewers... but that will obviously be a detriment to the quality. The Direct with Little Mac was bad enough. But whatever, I will tune in and try it... probably give up and watch it one Youtube a few minutes after it finishes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hype is like a fire-hose at full blast. If you lose control it's going to cause a lot of damage and look hysterical from a distance.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
My hype is like a serene Magikarp, floundering helplessly in the dry grass.

In less than two hours my hype will evolve AND DEVOUR THE SOULS OF MY MORTAL ENEMIES!

Gyarados confirmed for Smash 4.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
D:

...I don't wanna....

i'm on spring break anyway
Yeah, I have been there. In College I am able to get rid of some online tests at my leisure, my Spring Break is the opportune time to get rid of tests to give my other classes some breathing room.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Nnnnngggh! I can't take this excitement! An hour and a half left to go. I'm too hyped up! I'm gonna go play something to take my mind off it!

Morbi

Scavenger
My hype is like a serene Magikarp, floundering helplessly in the dry grass.

In less than two hours my hype will evolve AND DEVOUR THE SOULS OF MY MORTAL ENEMIES!

Gyarados confirmed for Smash 4.
I wish... Gyarados should have been in Smash already! Ever since Smash 64... but no! Apparently Mewtwo is more important. Blasphemy.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey we have some newcomers join the fray! Hi everyone, I am Lozjam, and a really friendly guy. All you lurkers out there should join and be with us, we have a blast here on Smashboards!
Welcome Lozjam. The community is nice here, but during character debates....tensions can rise.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, I have been there. In College I am able to get rid of some online tests at my leisure, my Spring Break is the opportune time to get rid of tests to give my other classes some breathing room.
Spring Break is the opportune time to delay the inevitable and fall behind on all of your work. Or at least that is how I have been doing it all of these years.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
debating skipping a class quiz just to watch all of this!
I'd actually say do the class, everytime I've tried to watch Nintendo Directs live, they've always freezed at points so I end up watching segments later on youtube.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
The worst part of it is...I have to leave my house with only friggin fifteen minutes before the Direct airs. Do you realize how much agony I'll be in while I'm on the train?!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
This is pretty much the go-to hype thread. Always feels good with those.

I'm playing Brawl in the meantime. How fitting! Playing Classic Mode on Intense using 1 Stock with Mario. Any tips?

Top Bottom