• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Or a shoe.

Mewtwo beats Kirby because Kirby is eight inches tall
Not the, "Kirby is too short to do anything" theory again I thought we've been pass that. Just because he's small, doesn't make him powerless. It's not like 8 inches is the size of a quarter. =/

bobson

Smash Lord
Not the, "Kirby is too short to do anything" theory again I thought we've been pass that. Just because he's small, doesn't make him powerless. It's not like 8 inches is the size of a quarter. =/
It's the size to die from a kick in the head.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
How do you fire a laser when you're dead?
How do you use psychic powers when you are dead?

I mean really...who's getting the first strike. The Pokemon or the people with the freakin ships with lasers on their forehead that fly in outer space.

bobson

Smash Lord
I mean really...who's getting the first strike. The Pokemon or the people with the freakin ships with lasers on their forehead that fly in outer space.
It would probably be the one who can attack at the speed of thought.

meery

Smash Cadet
Or a shoe.
Kirby can swallow things like giant rocks and swords and not get killed, but can now get killed by being stepped on? How do you step on it if it's 8 inches? and how do you step on it when it's
speeding around on a dragoon/hydra/warp star? Plus im pretty sure mewtwo doesn't wears shoes. :/

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's the size to die from a kick in the head.
... I think this is getting up no where. =/

Kirby can swallow things like giant rocks and swords and not get killed, but can now get killed by being stepped on? How do you step on it if it's 8 inches? and how do you step on it when it's
speeding around on a dragoon/hydra/warp star? Plus im pretty sure mewtwo doesn't wears shoes. :/
Correct, I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows Kirby.

bobson

Smash Lord
Kirby can swallow things like giant rocks and swords and not get killed, but can now get killed by being stepped on?
Yes? What does this have to do with anything?
I can swallow glass shards. This holds no bearing on what would happen when I get stomped by something nine times bigger than me.

and how do you step on it when it's
The stars are Kirby's only fighting chance, and they don't work on Mewtwo because he attacks at the speed of thought.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
And how is mewtwo going to stop their beam weaponry. Last I checked Psychics can't do jack against lasers.
Light screen can stop them.

Snake > Link. I'm pretty sure Link can't do much against a machine gun.

Zelda is way too low. She is very skilled at using the bow, and is competent with as word. Her magic's pretty powerful too. She should be around C tier.

Meta Kight is also way too low. Mach Tornado is hax in Kirby Superstar (when you play as him). It would pretty much cover up the whole screen and kill everything in sight.

And I think that all of the Links should be up there together. They seem to have equal abilities.

justaway12

Smash Master
Zelda is way too low. She is very skilled at using the bow, and is competent with as word. Her magic's pretty powerful too. She should be around C tier.

Does Zelda really have powerful magic? I thought Sakurai gave her Links magic because they couldn't think of a moveset or something, IDK a lot about LoZ, but i'm pretty sure that is what happend. Correct me if i'm wrong. I am also somewhat sure that the Links are different, still I could be wrong

Corigames

Smash Hero
It would probably be the one who can attack at the speed of thought.
No, the problem isn't the speed of the attack, it's the damage. You are talking about a moves that don't OHKO other pokemon, let alone an intergalactic bounty hunter with the life of 20 men in her games. Also, with her beam stacking, she does an incredible amount of damage to everything and there's nothing that can stop it. The simple combination of the wave beam and plasma beam create this event.

Also, like I said before, this is MewTwo from the game. He has 4 moves. Each of those moves have MP, charge time, do finite damage, and have specific effects. You can't just assume that since he was a bad *** in a cartoon/anime that and that he was a good pokemon in the games that you can modify him to be super cool. He still has to follow the mechanics of his games, otherwise the entire purpose of the thread is flawed.

If you really want to argue M2 for being better, you have a good chance of that being through Pokemon Trainer since he could technically supply M2 with heals, backup, and revivals.

Also, screw lightscreen. It's not going to do much if it does anything. As previously stated, wave + plasma goes through everything, damaging it as it does. Any kind of force field should not be able to stop it unless it's got "plot powers."

bobson

Smash Lord
You are talking about a moves that don't OHKO other pokemon,
Yes it does.
let alone an intergalactic bounty hunter with the life of 20 men in her games.
When relying on the suit for defense, yes.
Also, with her beam stacking, she does an incredible amount of damage to everything and there's nothing that can stop it. The simple combination of the wave beam and plasma beam create this event.
Which doesn't matter if she's dead before she can use it.

You want to go by game mechanics, then? Okay, what's Samus' level? Her def stat? Attack stat?
What, she doesn't have any of those?

I guess Mewtwo does infinite damage, then.

meery

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo because he attacks at the speed of thought.
There are 7 Pokemon faster than Mewtwo and psychic, confusion, psycho cut, and aura sphere are not higher speed priority moves.
Also Mewtwo does not learn teleport in the games so he can't just appear in front of kirby and step on him.

bobson

Smash Lord
There are 7 Pokemon faster than Mewtwo and psychic, confusion, psycho cut, and aura sphere are not higher speed priority moves.
Also Mewtwo does not learn teleport in the games so he can't just appear in front of kirby and step on him.
Alright, let's compare speed stats to see who gets the first attack. Mewtwo's max speed is 394 and Kirby's is OH WAIT

Game mechanics between multiple genres are impossible to reconcile unless you want the RPG characters to win by default due to larger numbers. The only way this thread can go about with some semblance of fairness is comparing the characters' physical attributes in their games. And in physical attributes, Mewtwo wins.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yes it does.
No, because if it OHKO'ed all pokemon, then there would be no point in using any other ones. However, I know that isn't true. And, also, I'm sure you are thinking of different levels. I mean, pokemon of the same level. All lvl 100s. Mewtwo doing one psychic attack will not always OHKO other pokemon. It probably will hardly do it against ones that are even weak against it.

When relying on the suit for defense, yes.
In Metroid, your life is the energy of the suit. So, if you take away life, you take away energy of the suit, otherwise you are taking some arbitrary form of life that isn't explained in the game's mechanics. Secondly, the power suit grants life support, so nice try. As long as the suit is on, life support. So, you have to drain the suit either way smart ***.

Which doesn't matter if she's dead before she can use it.
Same for Mewtwo you thickheaded individual.

You want to go by game mechanics, then? Okay, what's Samus' level? Her def stat? Attack stat?
What, she doesn't have any of those?
No, but we can rationalize what those would be if you weren't too stupid to think about it. We can figure how much damage an attack does to a "metal pokemon" at max health with the most things it can get on it. Take a similar attack in the Metroid universe (possibly an attack by the Rezbits in MP2) and find a way to correlate the damage. Unless, you know, you just want to be a ***** and point out the obvious and accomplish nothing but stroking Mewtwo's **** 'till people see things your way...

I guess Mewtwo does infinite damage, then.
I hope you are in middle school. Beyond that, there is no excuse for this kind of behavior in a debate. I know it's not very mature to insult in an exchange of words, but some situations, like that of your blind ignorance and persistence, call for it. Please, if you have a reason give it. Don't just go "LOLOLOLOLOL I'm right."

POKE40

Smash Lord
I'm confused. I read the last couple of posts and pages and still can't figure out what the f*** we're debating. :laugh:

The difference of game generes all characters are coming from can make this debate quite confusing.

My head is spinning how sonic (from his 2D games) goes and fight someone in a RPG and how we can come to discuss who would win. :dizzy:
There are so many debates...too bad we can't test them.

Should we also take account into the type of battle scene that is taking place?

-We can say that the whole battle scene is underwater. I don't think Sonic can run underwater nor breathe.
-We can say the whole battle scene is in an electric plant.
-We can say the whole battle scene is in space.

There are so many different key mechanics to take into account that would take a character to victory.

But the OP limited the setting, thus we ended up saying that the battle scenario was everywhere.
So I can safely say that the "tier list" would likely to differ based on different factors.

Don't flame me please. :urg:
I'm not done questioning.

bobson

Smash Lord
No, because if it OHKO'ed all pokemon, then there would be no point in using any other ones. However, I know that isn't true. And, also, I'm sure you are thinking of different levels. I mean, pokemon of the same level. All lvl 100s. Mewtwo doing one psychic attack will not always OHKO other pokemon. It probably will hardly do it against ones that are even weak against it.
Have you seen Mewtwo's sp. attack? Properly equipped, OHKOs are common even on Pokemon who aren't weak to psychic type moves.

In Metroid, your life is the energy of the suit. So, if you take away life, you take away energy of the suit, otherwise you are taking some arbitrary form of life that isn't explained in the game's mechanics.
So? We're not in Metroid. We don't have to drain the suit to kill Samus if we can bypass it.

Secondly, the power suit grants life support, so nice try. As long as the suit is on, life support. So, you have to drain the suit either way smart ***.
What happens when you put a vegetable on life support? That's right, nothing.

Same for Mewtwo you thickheaded individual.
Good thing Mewtwo will be attacking first, then.

No, but we can rationalize what those would be if you weren't too stupid to think about it. We can figure how much damage an attack does to a "metal pokemon" at max health with the most things it can get on it. Take a similar attack in the Metroid universe (possibly an attack by the Rezbits in MP2) and find a way to correlate the damage. Unless, you know, you just want to be a ***** and point out the obvious and accomplish nothing but stroking Mewtwo's **** 'till people see things your way...
Once again, Mewtwo isn't attacking the suit. He's attacking the person inside the suit. He's not attacking a metal type Pokemon, he's attacking a moderately athletic human. And unless humans were biologically advanced to have super-brains that can resist ridiculously powerful psychic attacks in the Metroid universe, Samus is going down without much trouble.
Nothing that I know of in the Metroid universe uses psychic attacks the way Mewtwo does.

Hurf durf hurf
Hurfa durfy hurf durf

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
Have you seen Mewtwo's sp. attack? Properly equipped, OHKOs are common even on Pokemon who aren't weak to psychic type moves.

...I haven't played must past R/B/Y but then again that was when Mewtwo was the most broken. Even then though when I did play I lead off my team with a Machamp. Almost everyone else lead with Mewtwo. My Machamp NEVER got 1 shotted by Mewtwo. Also, Mewtwo's worst nightmare is a ****in bug...

So? We're not in Metroid. We don't have to drain the suit to kill Samus if we can bypass it.

Tell me WHERE in pokemon Mewtwo is just allowed to just IGNORE a persons Def and Sp

What happens when you put a vegetable on life support? That's right, nothing.

lol Pokemon are incapable of doing anything other then KOing :p

Good thing Mewtwo will be attacking first, then.

Newsflash, the speed of light is faster then the speed of thought. The speed of though isn't even that fast. People train themselves to make their reflexes FASTER then their speed of though.

Once again, Mewtwo isn't attacking the suit. He's attacking the person inside the suit. He's not attacking a metal type Pokemon, he's attacking a moderately athletic human. And unless humans were biologically advanced to have super-brains that can resist ridiculously powerful psychic attacks in the Metroid universe, Samus is going down without much trouble.
Nothing that I know of in the Metroid universe uses psychic attacks the way Mewtwo does.

Samus is biologically advanced...she's NOT just a moderately athletic human. She's been given Chozo traits. Yes, that increases all her physical abilities, but really, the chozo weren't exactly known for those things. They were known for their intelligence >.>

Hurfa durfy hurf durf
Play more metroid >.> Your facts are off.
Inb4 Play more pokemon Your facts are off.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
A few things:
1. When an opponent is unconsious, then you win.
2. Mewtwo, if wild, would be in a cave in which large aircrafts could not get to it. If it wasn't wild then it has a trainer to use items and TMs on it so, yeah, even worse.
3.Determining stats for characters not in RPGs besides something simple like HP would be very difficult and most likely even more inaccurate.
4. Mewtwo is meant to be one of the most powerful pokemon in the entire series. Being Psychic type, its intelligence is of a very high level. So, with that and its speed, it would be able to attack before almost everybody, provided it isn't facing a Pokemon with a speed priority move.
Edit: I haven't played any Metroid game to the end, so if somebody who does could please tell me if Samus is attacked by attacks similar to the psychic attacks that Mewtwo uses, thanks.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
Edit: I haven't played any Metroid game to the end, so if somebody who does could please tell me if Samus is attacked by attacks similar to the psychic attacks that Mewtwo uses, thanks.
Phychic attack is kinda vague. I mean it could be anything from throwing objects at someone else or just a blast of energy (which is what I would consider Psychic).

Thinking about it. The mother brains attack in super metroid that she charges could be considered psychic. Also the Chozo ghosts could be similar, but once again "Phychic" is a pretty vague term.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Phychic attack is kinda vague. I mean it could be anything from throwing objects at someone else or just a blast of energy (which is what I would consider Psychic).

Thinking about it. The mother brains attack in super metroid that she charges could be considered psychic. Also the Chozo ghosts could be similar, but once again "Phychic" is a pretty vague term.
IDK, if we could get a youtube vid of it it would be easier to distinguish, and the Chozo ghosts could be considered "Ghost type" for Pokemon. I would think that using psychic abilities to throw something would be still like taking the physical hit of having that thing thrown at you by a very strong physical thing, besides, Mewtwo doesn't use Psychic just to throw stuff, what if it didn't have anything to throw? That would show poor game design if Psychic somehow made it so that there was something near to use the psychic energy to throw.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
I would like the host to explain the details of each match specifically. Otherwise, there isn't much I know to talk about. The one thing I can say adamantly is that Ganondorf would not be SS. He would not be at the very bottom, but so long as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Link, Toonlink, Shiek, Snake and Sonic exist, it is impossible for Ganondorf to be on top.

And about the Ganondorf vs Captain Falcon debate, Ganondorf only survived his Castle Falling down on him because he was the one who brought it down, not to mention he was turning into Ganon during it. And he didn't live through Toon Link stabbing him in the head. The Wind Waker Series is Cannonically the last series in the game. Unless the 3rd Toon Link Game (that Train looking thing, I think it is called Mystic Rails or something) has Ganondorf again, he got beaten once and for all and left dead at the bottom of the Ocean by Toon Link and Toon Zelda (I didn't list Zelda at the top of Characters that definitely beat Ganondorf because she's gotten kidnaped too much and rarely ever beaten him. Wind Waker is one of the few exceptions). Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have a fair chance against eachother.

bobson

Smash Lord
I post my responses inside quotes like an *******
Follow me here.
Psychic (the move, which is what Mewtwo would likely be using) attacks the brain directly. Got that? It attacks brains. Not metal or skin, brains. Samus' suit is not her brain. Therefore, the defense offered by it will not matter. Let me restate that here in bold, because people seem to keep missing this point: Psychic directly attacks the brain, thereby passing through the suit, rendering its defense useless.

On attack speeds, any type of attack that anyone can use, even if it moves at the speed of light, can only be used after they register that there's an opponent to fire at. And at that point, Mewtwo will have killed them.

I somehow doubt the Chozo had biological traits to make them immune to psychic attacks from creatures in another universe.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Bobson, not to try to get involved in this arguement or anything, but the last time I checked, Psychic was simply a strong Telekinetic Force that damaged the enemy (and in the shows, allowed manipulation of said enemy and enemy's attacks). I don't think that, if we are being true to the games, Mewtwo makes other Pokemon's brains explode. Just think:"MOMMY MOMMY! BOBBY MADE PIKACHU BLOW UP WITH HIS MEWTWO! GO SUE NINTENDO! MY FRAGILE CHILD PSYCHE HAS BEEN DISTURBED!" While funny as heck, I don't think the games would not be rated E if he could.

However, Mr. "I can fly fastenough to dodge pretty much anything the in game Samus could throw at me, not to mention being able to easily use my Psychic abilities to manipulate the matter around Samus' Wave Beam, even to the point of being able to capture and nulify it, and having more than enough power to bend metal and slaughter everyone around me" probably still has the advantage against Samus Aran. Mewtwo is easily capable of being High Tier, assuming we are talking about what each character is capable of.

But this is indeed Theory Craft.

bobson

Smash Lord
Bobson, not to try to get involved in this arguement or anything, but the last time I checked, Psychic was simply a strong Telekinetic Force that damaged the enemy (and in the shows, allowed manipulation of said enemy and enemy's attacks). I don't think that, if we are being true to the games, Mewtwo makes other Pokemon's brains explode. Just think:"MOMMY MOMMY! BOBBY MADE PIKACHU BLOW UP WITH HIS MEWTWO! GO SUE NINTENDO! MY FRAGILE CHILD PSYCHE HAS BEEN DISTURBED!" While funny as heck, I don't think the games would not be rated E if he could.
How would that work? Mewtwo would always need something to throw at the enemy. Telekinesis does nothing on its own. A logical interpretation of the attack animation and our only reference for how it would work realistically (the anime) suggests that it directly attacks the enemy's mind.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
How would that work? Mewtwo would always need something to throw at the enemy. Telekinesis does nothing on its own.

A logical interpretation of the attack animation and our only reference for how it would work realistically (the anime) suggests that it directly attacks the enemy's mind.
Actually, our biggest references are probably the games (which is also what the Origonal Poster seems to want, since the thread' name is "If al smash characters were true to their GAME". The Anime is good to note how Mewtwo can manipulate their enemies movements and effects (which was also noted in how Mewtwo deals with the Wave Beam), but in all of the games, the Psychic using Pokemon would focus their mind, and simply create a powerful energy from it. At that point, it can pretty much destroy whatever it comes in contact with.

And to the previous point, Telekinesis using the Mind's Power to do whatever it wants on its ow is EXACTLY how it works. Bending spoons or throwing attacks back at an enemy is good too, but Psychics are capable of causing Physical Pain simply by thinking hard enough. It doesn't require any medium but the enemy it is targeting. Point in fact: In the Anime, Pokeon wouldn robably not be able to cry about it if the enemy was skilled enough to attack their mind dirrectly. The enemy would have simply ended fights. It's more logical, from the attack description of the foe being damaged by a release of telekinetic energy, and the images of the waves of psionic energy pulsing from attacker to victim, that Mewtwo is creating the energy that irradicates his enemy, not simply blowing up their minds (which he could probably do and would be cool, but not E or even T rated).

But us talking about this means nothing. One of the Pokemon Researchers would be better in answering this, since those People are Smash Board Appointed Experts and Researchers of Pokemon.

And if your "How does that work" question was suppost to be dirrected at the mechanics of such an attack, don't ask me how people use their minds to create energy and then transfer that energy towards another person with the intent to kill them. In games with Flying Sharks and Existance Warping Dragons, not much makes sense. Let's justs sit back and watch the fireworks.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I would like the host to explain the details of each match specifically. Otherwise, there isn't much I know to talk about. The one thing I can say adamantly is that Ganondorf would not be SS. He would not be at the very bottom, but so long as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Link, Toonlink, Shiek, Snake and Sonic exist, it is impossible for Ganondorf to be on top.

And about the Ganondorf vs Captain Falcon debate, Ganondorf only survived his Castle Falling down on him because he was the one who brought it down, not to mention he was turning into Ganon during it. And he didn't live through Toon Link stabbing him in the head. The Wind Waker Series is Cannonically the last series in the game. Unless the 3rd Toon Link Game (that Train looking thing, I think it is called Mystic Rails or something) has Ganondorf again, he got beaten once and for all and left dead at the bottom of the Ocean by Toon Link and Toon Zelda (I didn't list Zelda at the top of Characters that definitely beat Ganondorf because she's gotten kidnaped too much and rarely ever beaten him. Wind Waker is one of the few exceptions). Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have a fair chance against eachother.

Ganondorf can't die.

AND BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER POST, I'll say it again.

Ganondorf can't die.

:mad::mad::mad: I HAVE FURY

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Ganondorf can't die.

AND BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER POST, I'll say it again.

Ganondorf can't die.

:mad::mad::mad:
I'd like to ask you to prove that he can't die.

Too late. I have proof he can. In Oracle of Ages and Seasons, Twin Rova had to use Zelda as a Sacrifice to Revive Ganon (and by Proxie, Ganondorf). Despite the fact that he has the Triforce, this proves he can be killed, indeed. Also, you haven't disproved the end events of Wind Waker, when Ganondorf was left Dead, Petrified, and Drowned underneath the Ocean.

If you want to prove something, use facts to back it up please.

bobson

Smash Lord
It's more logical, from the attack description of the foe being damaged by a release of telekinetic energy, and the images of the waves of psionic energy pulsing from attacker to victim, that Mewtwo is creating the energy that irradicates his enemy, not simply blowing up their minds (which he could probably do and would be cool, but not E or even T rated).
The animations for Psychic and Confusion and the like are just Mewtwo going vwoosh and then the enemy dies. The background changes sometimes, but there's no indication of any type of energy coming from Mewtwo and going to the enemy. And where'd you find the description?

Otherwise, you make good points, but it doesn't affect my stance. Whatever Psychic is or does, it doesn't need a medium to carry it, so a suit being in the way would not influence it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'd like to ask you to prove that he can't die.

Too late. I have proof he can. In Oracle of Ages and Seasons, Twin Rova had to use Zelda as a Sacrifice to Revive Ganon (and by Proxie, Ganondorf). Despite the fact that he has the Triforce, this proves he can be killed, indeed. Also, you haven't disproved the end events of Wind Waker, when Ganondorf was left Dead, Petrified, and Drowned underneath the Ocean.

If you want to prove something, use facts to back it up please.

Ganon's spirit comes back in OOA/OOS. He simply didn't have a body/Didn't have a body in that realm.

At the end of WW Ganon turns into stone after being stabbed in the head by a sword. It may seem like Link indeed killed him, but do they say so? No. When a person turns into stone in other works of fantasy, do they really die? Most of the time, they don't. Does the ending suggest that all is well and that evil will never befall the land again? No. Has the Triforce, the artifact that binds Link, Zelda and Ganon for evermore, been destroyed? No.

Ganondorf can't die.

EDIT : Also, WW being the last series? Falcon HAVING A CHANCE against Ganon even if he's not immortal?

Man, your posts in the tournament thread sometimes are funny, but ****, this isn't about trying to be funny, Mr. I-know-the-official-timeline-to-LoZ.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ganon's spirit comes back in OOA/OOS. He simply didn't have a body/Didn't have a body in that realm.

At the end of WW Ganon turns into stone after being stabbed in the head by a sword. It may seem like Link indeed killed him, but do they say so? No. When a person turns into stone in other works of fantasy, do they really die? Most of the time, they don't. Does the ending suggest that all is well and that evil will never befall the land again? No. Has the Triforce, the artifact that binds Link, Zelda and Ganon for evermore, been destroyed? No.

Ganondorf can't die.
Quoting this for emphasis.

Because it doesn't need to be explained every other page.

bobson

Smash Lord
I'm guessing it depends on whether being totally immobilized for centuries or more until some plot device revives you counts as "lost the match" or not, then.
If it doesn't... can Kirby's stone power last forever?

Corigames

Smash Hero
I went and read every pokedex entry for "psychic" and none of them mention attacking the brain. They do say it has a chance of lowering def though, that's pretty neat. However, nothing on the brain/mind. Also, to go with that, none of the entries say that Mewtwo attacks the minds of his enemies either. I

More directly related to our altercation:
IF you don't give Samus some form of life, then you cannot have her in battle. There's no point. If you can't determine how long something lives, then you won't know how something affects it. Also, Samus' suit has survived hacking and possession before. Both forms prevented her from being incapacitated without directly hurting her. So, therefore, I doubt that a psychic attack can so easily penetrate the suit without proper explanation provided by canon material in the pokemon games.

Also, since I'm not a huge fan of pokemon anymore, I consulted my pokemon expert peers and they would agree that pokemon on the same level as equipped as the Mewtwo is would not be OHKO even when it's super-effective. They would be heavily damaged, but you would be hard-pressed to instant gimp a pokemon. On top of that, Samus is a battled-hardened bad ***. I'm certain that her resolve would have some effect on an invasive psychic attack. I mean, unintelligent pokemon are able to survive single hits from the attacks, then she should really stand a fair chance.

When you have a vegetable on life support, they are still alive. We are also about distant future/advanced civilization life support here. This isn't a food tube and a defibrillator, this is something with infinite oxygen underwater and in space (somehow, that's not explained), some way of keeping her properly nutritioned for long missions in harsh environments, etc. If anything, when she goes into a comma the suit would most likely have a way to wake her. While that is a big assumption, I doubt that a suit made to keep you alive in harsh environments wouldn't have an answer to head trama.

My response:
"Once again, Samus isn't attacking his brain. She's attacking the physical boddy. She's not attacking a brain in a jar, she's attacking a moderately large kitty. And unless kittens were biologically advanced to have super-skin that can resist ridiculously powerful weapons in the Metroid universe, Mewtwo is going down without much trouble."

bobson

Smash Lord
I went and read every pokedex entry for "psychic" and none of them mention attacking the brain. They do say it has a chance of lowering def though, that's pretty neat. However, nothing on the brain/mind. Also, to go with that, none of the entries say that Mewtwo attacks the minds of his enemies either.
I'm currently trying to figure out what the hell Psychic actually does to attack the enemy so that my argument doesn't go up like so much smoke, but so far there's nothing that would suggest that it needs a medium to land, which means it couldn't be interrupted by the suit.

IF you don't give Samus some form of life, then you cannot have her in battle. There's no point. If you can't determine how long something lives, then you won't know how something affects it.
I'm giving her a form of life. It depends on her physical body rather than her suit, as that's what's being attacked.

Also, Samus' suit has survived hacking and possession before. Both forms prevented her from being incapacitated without directly hurting her. So, therefore, I doubt that a psychic attack can so easily penetrate the suit without proper explanation provided by canon material in the pokemon games.
The opposite is true as well: there's no canon material or anything in the Pokemon games that would suggest that metal is capable of stopping psychic attacks.

Also, since I'm not a huge fan of pokemon anymore, I consulted my pokemon expert peers and they would agree that pokemon on the same level as equipped as the Mewtwo is would not be OHKO even when it's super-effective. They would be heavily damaged, but you would be hard-pressed to instant gimp a pokemon.
I'm calling bull****, because my Mewtwo has exhibited dissenting results on plenty of occasions, even for Pokemon above his level. Did they account for Choice Specs and X Special?

On top of that, Samus is a battled-hardened bad ***. I'm certain that her resolve would have some effect on an invasive psychic attack.
I was about to call you out on your own terms with "There's no canon material that says being a badass allows you to resist psychic attacks," but then I remembered natures, and that there is in fact a Bold nature that raises defense.
So, uh.
My retort is your mother smells like farts.

When you have a vegetable on life support, they are still alive. We are also about distant future/advanced civilization life support here. This isn't a food tube and a defibrillator, this is something with infinite oxygen underwater and in space (somehow, that's not explained), some way of keeping her properly nutritioned for long missions in harsh environments, etc. If anything, when she goes into a comma the suit would most likely have a way to wake her. While that is a big assumption, I doubt that a suit made to keep you alive in harsh environments wouldn't have an answer to head trama.
It's quite a bit of a stretch to assume that the suit is cabable of totally reviving Samus after she's been killed (that's essentially what would happen here) without any type of canon material to back it up.

Top Bottom