• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Oh a music contest too? I just entered the stage creation one. I join in when they did sonic for WiiU.
Maybe if Sonic is next for this one I'll join in too. I'll give a shot for whatever is next though.
I will say this; The next round...WILL BE SOMETHING RELATED TO SMASH BROS! :troll:

Anyway, don't worry too much, Superyoshi, we should be done by the end of the weekend provided no outside forces rear their head.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, how is the grading coming along, or did Shulk send everyone into hype coma? :troll: (It's okay, I totally understand. :laugh:)

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I want Gaur Plains to be the next stage, after all, I post Xenoblade OST's regularly on the social thread. But it's your call, I guess.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
OK, I had to make some last minute additions because i slipped up before I could do results, but beyond that:
SOON.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The results are in. Yay! But before we declare the winner, let's look at the judges' scores:

Platinum7
Importance: 9/10
Popularity: 10/10
Variety: 10/10
Fit: 8/10
Total:37/40

Comments: An overall good setlist with a good balance of songs from the whole series. Most of the songs fit well to the arena’s theme, but I felt that Miror B’s theme didn’t fit that well. And as awesome as the anime’s theme song is, it conflicted with the other songs, being a vocal song. Mewtwo’s Theme was Stadium was a great choice, though, especially if he’s playable!

Tailisu10
Importance: 10/10
Fit: 10/10
Total: 40/40

Comments: This was a great setlist! All the songs fit and are well known. I especially liked Team Flare and Poké Floats.

Fastblade5035
Variety: 8/10
Fit:8/10
Total: 36/40

Comments: I hate to say it, but Snowbelle City just didn’t help me envision an intense battle at the Pokémon League. It was also a bit X and Y heavy, with only one song from another game.

BridgesWithTurtles

Comments: This setlist was pretty much perfect. Sunset Colosseum was an awesome choice!

FalKoopa
Variety: 9/10
Total: 39/40

Comments: Another awesome setlist, but with a little too much focus Generation 6. I could totally see the B2/W2 Elite 4 theme being perfect for an intense Sudden Death.

D-idara
Fit:10/10
Total:40/40

Comments: A very well rounded setlist! Gateway Colosseum and Melee’s rendition of the main theme were great choices.

UnicornDemon
Fit: 9/10
Total: 37/40

Comments: As I said before, Snowbelle City just didn’t work out. However, the medley of Cythnia’s themes were excellent! Shalour City was also an interesting choice, and it might even work at as Lucario’s theme. Also, there was a bit of too much focus on X and Y.

Superyoshiom

Comments: A well-built setlist! N’s theme was definitely the dark horse pick, but it made a great choice.

General-Guy

Comments: I’m honestly surprised you were the first person to include the ever-awesome Kanto Gym Leader battle theme. Almost all the songs fit well, but I think the friend’s theme from X/Y was just a bit too “friendly” to invoke an intense battle at the Pokémon League.

PixelPasta
Variety:8/10
Fit:10/10
Total: 38/40

Comments: An excellent mix of songs! Only problem I had was there was just a tiny bit of Generation 6 over representation.

Violenceman
Popularity:9/10
Variety:10/10
Total:37/40

Comments: The Kalos Master Medley was a great blend of songs. And although Giovanni's theme was an interesting choice, it did come from Puzzle League, which was based on the anime era 14 years ago. It didn't really feel all that relevant to X and Y. The Trainer Battle from Shadows didn't fit that well, either. But overall, a good setlist!

shoorby
Popularity:10/10
Variety:10/10

Comments. A solid setlist! Unwavering Emotion was the only track I thought didn't fit all that well.
Here are my grades! This round, I was looking for the following heavy-hitter songs:

Xerneas/Yveltal Battle Theme
X/Y Gym Leader Theme
Red/Lance's Battle Theme
N's Final Battle Theme
Pokémon Main Theme

Also, anything having to do with the location of the stage, such as:
X/Y Elite Four Theme
X/Y Champion Theme
X/Y Victory Road
Kalos League Theme

PLATINUM7
Popularity: 9/10
Total: 35/40
Comments: A nice all-around list. Most of the songs I feel sound similar to each other, but I like that there's some songs from the console Pokémon games, and I like that the first anime theme song is here. Nice job.

Tailisu10
Importance: 8/10
Popularity: 8/10
Total: 33/40
Comments: Another solid list. I cannot stand the Ruby/Sapphire soundtrack so I took some points off for that song. All the other songs are rather safe picks with nothing that particularly stands out, so there isn't much else for me to say here.

Fastblade5035
Comments: Great list. You picked the best champion theme, the X/Y legendary battle, went with a confirmed track, and picked a lot of songs associated with the location. I like that you picked Victory Road and the actual Kalos League theme. I think some of these songs would have worked better in a medley, but it's still a great list.

BridgesWithTurtles
Comments: This is a great list! You picked the best songs from X/Y along with some of the best songs in the series. I also really liked your home console game picks. If this was the official tracklist for the stage, I would be more than satisfied.

FalKoopa
Importance: 8/10
Total: 34/40
Comments: Similar to Tailisu10's list in that a lot of the songs are safe and expected picks. I don't really have much else to say here, expect that I like that you went with the X/Y Gym Leader theme.

D-Idara
Comments: I like most of this list. I think the songs chosen from X/Y are all good, and I like the Dialga song. Having said that, I think the Gold/Silver champion battle would have been better than the Cynthia battle, and I don't like the Shadow Lugia battle theme at all.

UnicornDemon
Comments: Another solid all-around list. I like the idea of the Cynthia medley, and I like the choices from X/Y. I think going with the Elite Four battle theme from Black/White is an interesting choice (I believe there only needs to be one EF battle theme here). I don't have much else to say other than nice list.

Superyoshiom
Comments: For some reason, I just really connected with this list. I feel that you did good in putting the Pokémon Main Theme here, I love the X/Y choices, you've got N and Red's battle themes, and I like the Pokémon World Tournament song as well. Maybe it's because I don't like Diamond/Pearl, but Cynthia's theme just does nothing for me. Personally, I would have swapped that out for the X/Y Gym Leader Battle theme, but I like that you've got five different generations represented here.

General-Guy
Comments: These are all good songs, but I would have liked more of the heavy hitters and more songs from different games. It's a good entry, but it doesn't do anything special for me.

PixelPasta
Comments: Good list. You've got some big songs from X/Y and I like your non-X/Y selections. I would have liked to have seen Red or N's battle themes though.

Violenceman
Importance: 7/10
Popularity: 8/10
Fit: 7/10
Total: 31/40
Comments: I'm sorry about this Violenceman, but I don't think this is a good list. I like the Pokémon Main Theme, Black/White Ending Theme, Red/Blue Trainer Battle, and the Puzzle League song, but I think there should have been more heavy hitters. It was nice to see a lot of oddball picks, but that hurt your importance and popularity scores in the end.

shrooby
Comments: Overall I like this list. I think the Unwavering Emotions song is pretty good, and there have been peaceful songs on stages in the past so it's not a big deal. You picked some good heavy hitters, but left out the Pokémon Main Theme. I like your medley, you've got good variety, and you should have left out Poke Floats for the Pokémon Main Theme.

And those are my grades!
PLATINUM7
Gonna say now, the Indigo League automatically cost you a point in Importance, but it's popularity saved you from harsher deductions. Using the Brawl version of the main theme is weird, but it doesn't cost you anything. Mirror B and the Stadium 1 Mewtwo theme were both good for Variety, but Mirror B's theme doesn't really gel well with the stage, and I have to put Stadium 1!Mewtwo's Popularity into question. Beyond that, I would suggest to maybe have put another song from a console game.
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:
Tailisu10
Two songs from Ruby/Sapphire is strange, especially considering neither of them were Brawl carryovers. No new songs from Gens other than 3 and 6 and none from the console games is disappointing. I also don't really see the Popularity from the Ruby/Sapphire Elite Four.
Fastblade5035
Variety: 7/10
Fit: 1/10
Normally, i'd be OK with a CST with a focus on X/Y, but with this being the only known Pokemon stage on the Wii U version, it's way too much to only have 1 non-X/Y song, and nothing from console games is disappointing. Snowbelle is nice, but it doesn't really fit the stage, not to mention it would fit better on Prism Tower/Lumiose City. That said, the other songs are good, though using the Gold/Silver Champion theme instead of X/Y's is weird, considering the heavy emphasis on X/Y there already.
BridgesWithTurtles
No overbearing presence of X/Y songs, with the songs from them that are there are nice, recycling the X/Y Trainer theme from Prism Tower is great, good idea on using Brawl's version of the Ruby/Sapphire Victory Road, and there's even representing the console games with not one, but two songs! My only real bit of input is how it feels a bit off to use the Gold/Silver Champion theme instead of X/Y's and for Sunset Stadium, but that's really just personal preferences talking. Enjoy having earned my first perfect score!
FalKoopa
I know it's an X/Y stage, but your CST is a bit heavy on the X/Y music for our only console stage. 2 separate Elite 4 themes also hurt your Variety. That said, I can't really fault you on the individual songs themselves; The X/Y songs are what they "should" be, Poke Floats is good, the Pokemon main theme is borderline required and the Unova Elite Four theme is among the most popular of Gen 5. Your only true slip-up is staying in Kalos for too long instead of visiting other regions more.
UnicornDemon
The X/Y songs are in a slight overabundance, but not as bad as it could be. 2 themes each from Elite Fours and Champions is a little excessive, but they are all popular, so you did soften the blow. Snowbelle is kinda off for this stage, but Shalour works surprisingly well. The Cynthia mix is a great choice, and the X/Y you picked are all good for the stage.
Superyoshiom
No console repping is saddening, not necessarily cause for deduction. Not 1 but 3 Champion themes is a slight bit crazy. vs. N, vs. Kalos Legendary and PWT Finals are all good choices and there isn't a cumbersome overload on X/Y songs. Not really much else to say here, good work.
General-Guy
You could've done with some console songs, but what you DO have is solid. Brawl's Pokemon Main Theme is good, and the other songs work great. The only thing denying you a perfect score is that having 2 Champion themes is unnecessary.
PixelPasta
There's a slight over-repping from X/Y but nothing too severe, though it's disappointing that the other 3 songs are all carryovers from Brawl. It's also a bit sad that you stiffed on the console songs. Not really anything else to add.
Violenceman
Importance: 7/10
Pokemon Puzzle League?!? Of all console games, I didn't expect anyone to use that one! That said, I am going to have to flag you for using songs from an anime-based game. Using the Black/White 1 mix of the Red/Blue Champion theme instead of just using the X/Y Champion is a bold move, but it works. The same can't be said for the Black/White 1 Ending, however. The Wild Battle theme from Pokemon Ranger is a bizarre choice, but the X/Y medley and the Red/Blue Trainer themes are good.
shrooby
Props to arranging your own music for this round, but I don't think a Rocket Base/Silph Co. mix really works for this stage. Using the Gold/Silver Champ instead of X/Y's is weird, but it's fine. 2 Elite Four themes is a tad unnecessary, and the Dialga theme from Mystery Dungeon was a risk that didn't quite pay off. That said, Poke Floats is a neat choice, and the X/Y music is all good.
D-Idara
In the confusion between leaks and Shulk reveal, I forgot to rate you, so apologies in advance for your commentary being lackluster compared to the others;
+ Melee Pokemon Stadium, Gateway Colosseum, Shadow Lugia, Smash 4 ver. X/Y Trainer
- Mystery Dungeon's Palkia them doesn't 100% fit.

This game's winner is... @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles !

Final Tallies:
PLATINUM 7: 108/120
Talisu10: 110/120
Fastblade5035: 108/120
BridgesWithTurtles: 118/120
FalKoopa: 110/120
UnicornDemon: 109/120
Superyoshiom: 115/120
General-Guy: 112/120
PixelPasta: 110/120
Violenceman: 103/120
shrooby: 110/120
D-Idara: 114/120

Congratulations, Bridges, you were only two points away from getting a perfect across the entire panel! For your prize, we give you a round-trip vacation* at lovely Lumiose City for your next travel to the Pokemon World! So lucky!

In addition, Bridges' Custom Soundtrack for this round will be recorded in my post continuing the Hall of Fame. Be sure to check it out if you haven't already!

Until next round, see ya!

*Lodging and travel to and from the Pokemon World expenses not included.

How ironic that FalKoopa liked that last post of mine, when it's his submission that I almost forgot. :p

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Oh snap. Didn't expect to win (I feel like I always say this, but it's true). I'm really honored, though. I almost got a perfect score entirely. Pokémon is my favorite game series outside of Smash, and with such a phenomenal musical history, this round was extremely difficult in pinpointing just 8 tracks to use. Ultimately, I chose a balance of carefully weighed logic and desire, and I think what resulted is a list of songs I'd love to see as the official set. I should note @ TechPowah TechPowah that I actually did include the X/Y Champion theme in my playlist, as I incorporated it into a medley with the X/Y Elite Four theme.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I already gave you a perfect score, buddy. Don't push it. :p

Besides, you had a song from Colosseum, but not the best one:

<:p>
The Cipher Admin theme, I felt, was too slow to really work well, and too dark for the atmosphere of the stage. But maybe I was wrong. Still, I'd say the Cipher Peon theme is a fine pick in its own right. Since you hear it more in-game, I thought it'd be a better pick due to popularity and recognition.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The Hall of Fame has been updated with Round Eighteen, Kalos Pokémon League. If you would like to see the Hall of Fame, please check out Swampasaur's post on Page 1 for Parts 1 and 2 (Up to Skyloft), or my own on page 75 for Part 3 (Prism Tower to present).

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
>:c DAMN! I always thought the GS Champion Theme unfairly overshadows much better Champion themes like Cynthia's.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
>:c DAMN! I always thought the GS Champion Theme unfairly overshadows much better Champion themes like Cynthia's.
Or the other way around.

Or that, you know, maybe two songs can both be good? I would have used both if I joined this round, at least.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I would have used the G/S, R/S, and D/P champion themes if I had enough room for them. They're all good. I simply went with the one that I thought was probably the most popular, and that was from the generation that didn't get a boat-load of music in the last game.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's 'cause everyone always hates on Sinnoh :sadsheep:
For some reason, Sinnoh for best Gen ever!
I would have used the G/S, R/S, and D/P champion themes if I had enough room for them. They're all good. I simply went with the one that I thought was probably the most popular, and that was from the generation that didn't get a boat-load of music in the last game.
This might be a touchy subject...but maybe it's because the only decent songs from GS are Azalea Town and the Ho-Oh battle from HG? I've always two Gen II was really lacking good music, at least XY had like 90% of epic town themes to make up for the not-as-good-as-BW battle themes.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
For some reason, Sinnoh for best Gen ever!

This might be a touchy subject...but maybe it's because the only decent songs from GS are Azalea Town and the Ho-Oh battle from HG? I've always two Gen II was really lacking good music, at least XY had like 90% of epic town themes to make up for the not-as-good-as-BW battle themes.
I think the credits theme is also an excellent song

LF2K

Floor Diver
Sorry for the delay, we've been agruing over what stage to do next.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I don't know about ARGUING, per se. :p

That said, ALL HAIL THE VIRTUAL BOY!

<Ahem.> We still have these stages left to cover before we can officially close the game for good, assuming there are no more additional stage reveals <Officially revealed stages only, leaked materials are ignored until given proper disclosure>:

Version-universal
Final Destination
WVBA Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains (Bionis' Leg)

3DS-exclusive
Golden Plains
Paper Mario
Gerudo Valley
Brinstar <Melee>
N's Castle
Find Mii
Tomodachi Apartments
Balloon Fight
Game Boy
Green Hill Zone
Pac-Maze

Wii U-exclusive
Mushroom Kingdom U
Great Fox Assault
Halberd <Brawl>
Colosseum
Palutena's Temple
Pac-Land

Speaking of, I personally think we should focus on Wii U stages since the 3DS version only having 2 songs per stage means we can (in theory) keep the game going post-release for those stages, while the Wii U stages are the ones to look out for thanks to My Music. What would you guys think?

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The Wii U stages have all the way until the Holiday season before we learn the final set of songs for those, and the Version-universal stages will only have 2 songs in the 3DS version. I would honestly like to do one last 3DS stage before its Japanese release. The Game Boy and Paper Mario stages in particular have my vote. Surely one week is enough time for us to get submissions and judge scores, no?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Alright, everyone! The next round is about to begin! And we've got something enormous, massive, bigley huge this time!

Actually, this guy was just bringing in the announcement. To commence the launch of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS next week in Japan, we're going all out for this round! For this round, it's...

Round 19: Smash Run
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Universe: Super Smash Bros.

That's right! The exclusive mode is the setting for the next round. Sakurai recently revealed you could build your own setlist for this mode, so you can choose the songs you want! For this round, you're not limited to one universe. Like a delicious bowl of ice cream, it's up to you this round to choose your favorite toppings (or songs, in Smash Run's case. :p). Confirmed or unconfirmed songs, the choice is yours. So have fun building your dream setlist and seeing how it stacks to the others!

Your judges this round are:
@ Ascended Ascended
@ L LF2K
@ TechPowah TechPowah

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Alright, everyone! The next round is about to begin! And we've got something enormous, massive, bigley huge this time!

Actually, this guy was just bringing in the announcement. To commence the launch of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS next week in Japan, we're going all out for this round! For this round, it's...

Round 19: Smash Run
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

That's right! The exclusive mode is the setting for the next round. Sakurai recently revealed you could build your own setlist for this mode, so you can choose the songs you want! For this round, you're not limited to one universe. Like a delicious bowl of ice cream, it's up to you this round to choose your favorite toppings (or songs, in Smash Run's case. :p). Confirmed or unconfirmed songs, the choice is yours. So have fun building your dream setlist and seeing how it stacks to the others!

Your judges this round are:
@ Ascended Ascended
@ L LF2K
@ TechPowah TechPowah
What have you done!? So many options.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Hot damn, this is a much bigger "finale" than I could have ever imagined!

So I understand, this is the usual 8 song limit, yes? Are we still being judged by song importance, variety, and popularity in our hypothetical playlists, or is this completely based on personal taste and fitting the mood of Smash Run? I plan on entering this round, but I need to know what direction we should be taking this.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
8 per the norm. And grading should also be pretty much the same. Songs that fit with Smash Run, but the other 3 categories will still be taken into consideration.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS!? I WANTED FINAL DESTINATION :C

Name: Cannonball
Origin: Megaman Zero 3 (GBA, 2004)
Universe: Megaman
The best Final Boss theme from the Megaman series, hands-down, no comparison, the melody carries a certain emotional flair that makes this song one of the most memorable pieces of the Megaman franchise, and that's saying A LOT given the franchise's extensive lineup of amazing music, but Cannonball's special and it rises above most of the good music, reaching those 'great heights' that can only be shared with Wily's Castle 1 and Galaxy Man.

Name: Multi-Man Smash
Origin: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U (3DS/Wii U, 2014)
The Main Theme of this magnificent game remixed with a techno style that really fits a battle with a hint of strategy like Smash Run, where you're supposed to micromanage your stat boosts. So far the Menu Theme sounds like the best rendition of this theme, but that's a little too slow-paced for a mode like Smash Run, so I grabbed the Multi-Man Smash theme.

Name: Time & Darkness ~A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Medley~
PMD Main Theme - Starts from 0:20 and goes on until 0:50
Great Canyon - Starts from 0:07 and goes on until 0:27
Sky Tower - 0:25 transitions smoothly from Great Canyon and goes on until 1:05, until the part with the bass-drop.
Defy The Legends! - 0:03 breaks out from the bass-drop on Sky Tower and goes on until the OTHER bass-drop on 0:45
Hidden Land - A slightly upbeat remix starts from 0:40 as a contrast to the enormous buildup of the last sections, going until 1:20
Temporal Tower - This transitions from the quiet moment on Hidden Land, suddenly starting up from 0:10 and going on until 1:00, with bits and pieces of Through The Sea Of Time taking over then the main melody takes a rest, to make the song more fast-paced and the buildup more epic, when Temporal Tower reaches 1:00, the song shuts up for a moment, pausing...
Dialga's Fight To The Finish! - This EPICNESS EXPLODES and goes on until the Smash Run match ends, with an orchestral arrangement that keeps the fast-paced beat (All other songs on the medley are arranged on a similar style, with a mix of live orchestra and synthetizers, since the style fits PMD music very well).
Origin: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series.
Universe: Pokemon

Name: Roll Out, Wonderful 101! Battle in the Blossom City Burbs
Origin: Wonderful 101 (Wii U, 2013)
Universe: Wonderful 101
FRIGGIN' HEROIC! This theme makes me want to Protect The Earth at all costs! Since it looks like we're not getting Wonder Red...at least Sakurai could add this amazing song to the game and maybe some W101 enemies for Smash Run, either way, this theme screams heroic like no other, perfect for beating up evil monsters that want to destroy our planet, or maybe a Guild of Evil Aliens Terrorizing Humans with Jigawatt bombs, Energy beams, Ray guns and Killer lasers.

Name: Gaur Plains
Origin: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii, 2012)
Universe: Xenoblade
A track with a slightly more grand and less bombastic feeling, I'd personally like them to use the original for Smash Run over the more fast-paced Direct version to give a little variety to the songlist on this mode, besides, some of the sections on Smash Run really evoke that grand, vast feeling that this theme carries, so I think it's a pretty good fit for an exploration-based gamemode.

Name: Kapp'n's Song
Origin: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, 2013)
Universe: Animal Crossing
What's this? Such a peaceful song on Smash Run? This doesn't fit at all! Well, the original doesn't, but this awesome Ska Remix heard on the Smash Direct certainly does, it keeps the mellow ballad-vibe of the original while still making it fast-paced and exciting for a battle, a perfect example of arranging a song to be completely different without making it lose the concept it originally had. Besides, I really like the melody, I find it adorable to listen to, even on this steroid-fueled form.

Name: Escape From The City
Origin: Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast, 2001)
Universe: Sonic The Hedgehog
Although it does the whole 'free-roaming-feeling' completely different from Gaur Plains, it still gives the same free feeling of exploration and adventure, the song's fast-paced, exciting, iconic, fun...AND IT'S ****ING CITY ESCAPE! Do I even need to explain this song? It's up there with Gusty Garden Galaxy and Wily's Castle 1 as one of the greatest and most influential pieces of videogame music to ever exist, excluding it from this Smash Bros. would be a disgrace.

Name: Tower Of Babel
Origin: Rayman Legends (Wii U, 2013)
Universe: Rayman
Remember how everyone said the first Smash Run screenshots looked like Rayman Legends? Well, I haven't forgot the Rayman Trophy we got the day of the Fire Emblem reveal...I'll never forget, Sakurai...but that day gave us something great, the posibility of third-party franchises without playable characters being represented because of their ties with Nintendo, and god, was Rayman Legends amazing on the Wii U! So since I doubt we will see a playable Rayman, here's Tower Of Babel, the main theme of Rayman Legends, the medieval and epic feeling is quite different from most of my chosen songs, but that's what makes it so special, sounds like something taken straight out of a fairytale.

Runner-Ups:
Cornered ~Spell-Breaker~ from Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
Escape ~Professor Layton's Theme~ from Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.
Staff Credits from Super Mario 3D World.
Planet Zebes from Super Smash Bros.
Sonic Boom from Sonic CD US.
Choosing from the Runner-Ups was painful.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm just going to freely link remixes for this round, since these playlists are supposed to be specially personalized. I'll also include the [original], in brackets, in cases where I don't default to the original.

Track: Route 11 [original]
Source: Pokémon Red and Blue (GB, 1996)
One of my favorite route themes from the Pokémon series, this triumphant marching theme practically summarizes my childhood nostalgia. The royal bravado of this piece is the perfect way to start up a grand adventure in the world of Smash. The remix provided is a MIDI orchestral take on the tune, and I'd like a similar route (pun not intended) to be taken in Smash 4, with of course a lot more quality and authentic instrumentation.

Track: Candy Constellation
Source: Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA, 2004)
Such grandeur! Such interstellar symphonic satisfaction! Amazing Mirror was, until relatively recently, highly underrated, but I believe it is a landmark entry into the Kirby series. In fact, Smash Run itself seems to be quite similar to the Metroidvania-like map layout used in the game. One of the best tunes from one of the best Kirby games would be welcome in my Smash Run playlist.

Track: Hyrule Field [original]
Source: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN/Wii, 2006)
For a truly epic adventure theme, I have Twilight Princess' Hyrule Field/Overworld theme, which also appeared in Brawl. Hopefully remixed to make use of a real orchestra, this piece makes for a good part of the playlist to "kick it into high gear".

Track: Golden Temple
Source: Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii, 2010)
Well, I'm going to be fighting Tikis in an area suspiciously similar to Returns' temple areas, aren't I? Golden Temple is one of my favorite pieces of Nintendo music. With its whimsical, jazzy instrumentation and composition of Donkey Kong Junior jingles, it hilariously accompanied the hardest level in the game. Setting itself up as the theme of the main thematic location of the game, the Golden Temple theme is a perfect representative of the Retro DK era, and its fast-paced melody makes it well-suited to a fun romp through Smash Run.

Track: Overworld Theme [original]
Source: Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES, 1988)
My favorite overworld theme in the Mario series, the remix I linked to is an old-time piano rendition with a ragtime feel, which I think perfectly captures the mood and theme of the original game while giving it a catchy new flair. It's a classic, and it's already been in Melee. This timeless tune needs to return!

Track: Big Blue [original]
Source: F-Zero (SNES, 1990) / Super Smash Bros. Melee
Nothing ever gets me more pumped than battling on the stage of the same name, or trying to outrun the racers in Melee's Race to the Finish, while this track blares in the background. It would be criminal to exclude F-Zero from my ultimate playlist, and the iconic Big Blue theme edges out some of the more electronic riffs that I prefer from GX. It would just work so well in Smash Run that I can't convince myself to leave it out.

Track: Rooftop Run
Source: Sonic Unleashed (Wii, 2008)
A fan-favorite track, I think Rooftop Run is an excellent example of the broad musical talents of the Sonic Team composers, able to work with such a wide variety of styles and genres. Sweetly blending violin with rock rhythms, Rooftop Run is the perfect accompanying score for an exhilarating speed romp, making it a great fit for a mode like Smash Run, where everyone is scampering around and racing against each other before the clock winds down. I can imagine this being a fantastic "hurry up!" theme near the end of a playthrough.

Track: Pac-Avenue
Source: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Xbox 360, 2010)
The techno/trance soundtrack of the Championship games are legendary, and Pac-Avenue is about 5 minutes of pure, condensed electronic goodness. Smooth, calm, and relaxing for the first half, it eventually builds up into an energetic, danceable beat, which seems to fade out as quickly as it begins, so it's a perfectly fitting piece to end a session of Smash Run to (or play a session of Smash Run to, as it nearly fits into the mode's standard 5-minute time limit). As the track builds up energy near the end and then immediately fades out, it's well-suited to capture those last few moments of neck-and-neck competition.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I am feeling this round!

Name: Hyrule Field 2
Universe: Legend of Zelda
Game of Origin: Link Between Worlds
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTww6juWsAM
Reason: The one piece of music that will always mean "adventure" to me is the overworld theme to Link to the Past. It is definitely a piece I would want in Smash Run. Link Between Worlds has a very satisfying rendition of that theme and I think it would fit best in this situation.

Name: Athletic Theme
Universe: Mario Bros
Origin: Super Mario 3
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ga6RrSr6c
Reason: Just as the previous track embodied adventure, this one does the same for platformer. A great upbeat tune that feels great jumping around to. I like the 2014 Olympics remix of the track and think it's faster pace would work better for the stage.

Name: Title Theme
Universe: Mega Man
Origin: Mega Man 3
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26n2ZoVMJBE
Reason: I love the Mega Man series and all of its music. And as much as I am digging the Mega Man 2 medley currently in Smash Run music line up, I would actually prefer to get the title theme from Mega Man 3. This is such an epic piece of music that screams heroism at the top of it's lungs. I have chosen a rock remix of the song I really like; you can listen to the original here.

Name: Thunder Cloud Temple
Universe: Kid Icarus
Origin: Kid Icarus Uprising
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO44T5WBcCc
Reason: A personal favorite tune that brings a lot of intensity to the stage. It is not quite as heavy as its sister track, Lightning Battle, but this version is a little more subdued and has more sweeping drama to it. I feel Lightning Battle would fit better for a stage track and this one works best for Smash Run.

Name: Together We Ride
Universe: Fire Emblem
Origin: Super Smash Bros Melee
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYxHKM3uEb4
Reason: Even after listening to a lot of great Fire Emblem music for the FE round, this is still my favorite track from the series and I would gladly play Smash Run to this song over and over. I don't think I have to defend this choice, few people can deny how great the song is.

Name: Zone Runner Medley
Universe: Sonic
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 & Knuckles
Links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCcJnffie48 (Chemical Plant Zone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yStMqWTu-lw (Ice Cap Zone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0N77nI_OI (Lava Reef Zone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxqFDfPLGKU (Lost Labyrinth Zone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdrQp2hA6NI (Marble Zone)
Reason: Since most of the Sonic stages we have seen so far have been on the "greener" side, most of the music is likely to be along the lines of the "Hill" tracks (Green Hill, Emerald Hill, etc). I always liked the darker, moodier tracks of the Sonic franchise a little more, hence this is a medley of some of my favorites so they can finally get some recognition.

Name: Stickerbrush Symphony
Universe: Donkey Kong
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Brawl
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaiE3wrtAAo
Reason: I really enjoyed this track whenever it came up in Subspace Emissary and I was surprised how well it worked for that game's platformer segment. So much so that I am convinced it would work well in Smash Run. If nothing else, it will be a nice break from the more up-tempo tracks listed thus far.

Name: Venus Lighthouse
Universe: Golden Sun
Origin: Golden Sun
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKMTzrG92TE
Reason: Epic questing music at its finest. If Golden Sun isn't repped in any other way, this song at least needs to be in the game and it would make extremely aptadventuring music in Smash Run (especially if it is remixed like this one is!).

Runner Ups:
Star Wolf's Theme from Star Fox Assault
Main Theme from Punch-Out!!
Masked Dedede's Theme from Kirby Triple Deluxe
Float Islands from Kirby's Dream Land (Air Ride Mix)
Mechanical Rhythm from Xenoblade Chronicles
Chrono Trigger (Crono's Theme) from Chrono Trigger (if only!)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Time for the biggest, baddest round of the contest.

1. Gangplank Galleon - www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTOj9VidV5U
If you look carefully, the outline of the area for Smash run resembles a ship. I also think that this tune is quite fitting when you're fighting all kinds of enemies, and the shift in the tone can match the time when characters are about to post proceed into the next part.

2. Hyrule Temple (Melee) - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgFH27e4Dk
This song plays in the Underground maze, which is eerily similar to Smash Run. Plus, it is a part of Melee's Adventure Mode, which is Smash Run's ancestor.

3. Pokémon BW2 Rival Battle - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bI2WzOONl7w
Imo, it is one of the best battle themes in Pokémon. Full of energy and it is quite perfect for a game where you are trying to outdo your rivals.

4. Gourmet Race - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TvjPa4RnSxY
The most recognisable Kirby theme, and made even better by the Brawl remix. It is also similar to Smash Run in some aspects, being a race about collecting something.

5. Fire Emblem (Melee) - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0CJYb10tlo
The quintessential Fire Emblem theme. And it has been a part of the Smash games since Melee.

6. Castle Theme (NSMBWii) - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2073iFede4w
A rather unconventional pick, but I think it fits the dungeon like theme of the Smash Run map. It is also the best track from the game in my humble opinion.

7. Thundercloud Temple (Kid Icarus: Uprising) - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9yVTIEtWJ8A
Kid Icarus has a good number of enemies in Smash Run, so I felt that an Uprising Track is almost a necessity.

8. Step: The Plains - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jPasL3nXHTA
This track represents the forerunner of Smash Run, the Subspace Emissary. I chose this one out of all songs due to how recurring it was there.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'll be joining this round! No remixes. No multiple songs in one series. "Main series of Smash" only. Smash Run. Let's do this![collapse="God Robert's Cousin's Smash Run Songlist"]Name: Slide Theme
Series: Super Mario Bros.
Game of Origin: Super Mario 64 / Super Mario 3D World
Starting this list off with an extremely cheerful classic. The slide theme has always been around during times of shenanigans, which are more than likely guaranteed between mischievous enemies like Tac and the Cuccoo, and the various launch barrels and springs littered throughout the map. Don't stop going where you want to go for maximum effect!

Name: Lorule Field
Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game of Origin: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
A swanky remix of the classic Dark World theme, it's essentially a straight upgrade of the one we had in Brawl. The music is very adventurous, and the way it fit in while it played in certain levels of Brawl's SSE goes to show that we'd do no wrong to play this once more in Smash Run.

Name: Main Theme (Metroid)
Series: Metroid
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros. Brawl / Metroid
Here we have a new mode in Smash where you explore a giant open map whilst exploring doors and fighting bad guys. Such a Metroidvania style of gameplay can only be complimented by the main theme of Metroidvania itself: Brinstar from the first Metroid. The Brawl rendition is so great. Badass, yet melodic. Triumphant yet antagonizing in a soft sense. A perfect song to explore and fight to all at once. Being a track to represent Brawl just makes it icing on the cake.

Name: City Trial
Series: Kirby
Game of Origin: Kirby Air Ride
What better song to play in Smash Run than the one of the very thing that inspired it? The nostalgia factor mixing into very familiar gameplay should definitely give Smash Run some great effective. It gives a sense of driving determination, that you need to keep powering up as much as you can, no matter what!

Name: Boss B
Series: Star Fox
Game of Origin: Star Fox 64
Finally, a regular boss battle theme! Easily one of my favorite tracks of the series. The constant percussion definitely gives it an active tension that you're in the field of battle and to be prepared for an encounter at any given moment. I used this rather than the remake's version on part of how the percussion seems more drained out in that version.

Name: Thunder Cloud Temple
Series: Kid Icarus
Game of Origin: Kid Icarus: Uprising
A song that mixes as good battle music, montage music, and a sinister tone, it fits well with the variety found throughout Smash Run. While the Uprising Boss Theme was an obvious choice, I wanted to go with something more distinct. Also, between the lack of Yoshi in the Smash 4 reveal trailer and the tons of Kid Icarus Uprising content we've gotten (characters, items, assist trophies, enemies, content galore), I'm willing to believe Sakurai perceives Kid Icarus as the new "8th main series" of Smash, hence why we have this rather than a Yoshi's Island song.

Name: Gangplank Galleon
Series: Donkey Kong
Game of Origin: Donkey Kong Country
The version Brawl had was good, but it didn't hold up to the original I feel. It starts off very jolly before getting very tense, much like how I'd imagine a new player would feel trying this mode for the first time. It's not a mini-game, fool! Those guys are trying to KILL you!

Name: Pokefloats
Series: Pokemon
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros. Melee / Pokemon Gold & Silver
Can't have a Smash Bros. playlist without paying respects to the series's predecessors, right? Pokefloats is easily the best of the Pokemon music in Smash to date. So tense yet triumphant, as if you're locked in battle with a worthy opponent. I can very much imagine the feelings that would arise meeting another player in the field while hearing this...[/collapse]
Here's towards the best and last round of Smash 3DS Music!

Last edited:

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Oh gosh, this looks intense.

Done

1. City Trial
Universe: Kirby
Game of Origin: Kirby Air Ride
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KamjTqi4VjI

2.. World Open Finals
Universe: Mario
Game of Origin: Mario Power Tennis
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kDZ77igGWI

3. Lightning Battle
Universe: Kid Icarus
Game of Origin: Kid Icarus Uprising
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxnc2eoPjSs

4.. Temple
Universe: The Legend of Zelda
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Melee
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD2Il7Ys0us

5. Brinstar
Universe: Metroid
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Melee
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR47lpQoPc8

6. Bramble Blast
Universe: Donkey Kong
Game of Origin: Super Smash Bros Brawl
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3rnyqI7dFc

7. Live and Learn
Universe: Sonic The Hedgehog
Game of Origin: Sonic Adventure 2
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zZus_1_ag

8. Pac-Rainbow
Universe: Pac-Man
Game of Origin: PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B5I3wr9Lbs

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Just make sure to come back to it. You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people "reserve" posts for entries and then forget about them until submission period closes.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Groose's Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At52XGlZ_3Y
An eloquent theme to pump me up for battle.

Environmental Noises - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Jzh--E07E
This was the diamond in Brawl's masterful soundtrack.

You Will Know Our Names - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZyHLLQ5e8

Unfinished Battle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbVt041PAWA

Mechanical Rhythm - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk

One Who Gets in Our Way - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjSx9hux9NA

Confrontation with the Enemy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFUM2KBFo8o

Mega Man 2 Wily Castle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeL7kTw2CU

Top Bottom