• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This was hard... but after two days of deliberation, I've done it!

PIXELPASTA'S SMASH RUN SETLIST
Battle Theme
Game of Origin: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Ah, Thousand Year Door. A true masterpiece of gaming. So many memories in one game; this game truly defines my childhood. What better way to sum up all of the hours I spent playing that game than with the battle theme?
This theme really gets me in the mood for battling, and thus fits Smash Run quite well. I especially love all of the little remixed bits of the original Super Mario Bros theme.
Because of its fit-for-fightning nature and its special place in my heart, I'll be putting this track on my list in a heartbeat.

Gerudo Valley
Game of Origin: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
I'm sure I won't be the only one who puts this song on my list - Gerudo Valley is one of the most beloved of Zelda tunes, and is considered to be one of the greatest overworld themes of gaming.
It's Latin guitar and percussion fits it's in-game location like a glove, and the melody is simply beautiful to listen to.
What else is there to say? This song is a shoe-in.

Gangplank Galleon
Game of Origin: Donkey Kong Country
I, like many others, feel that Donkey Kong Country has a simply brilliant soundtrack. It is definitely one of the best.
I considered putting Stickerbrush Symphony, which is my favorite track in the game - but it felt to relaxing and slow paced for a mode like Smash Run.
So instead, I went for my second favorite tune - Gangplank Galleon!
It is upbeat, catchy, and has a truly epic feel. It's perfect for this!

Gourmet Race
Game of Origin: Kirby Super Star
I have quite a fondness for Kirby soundtracks. My favorite of all Kirby songs definitely has to be Gourmet Race.
It is so catchy and energetic; perfect for Smash Run!
I specifically chose the Brawl rendition, because that one gets me the most pumped.
Who would have thought that Kirby translates so well into heavy rock?

Overworld
Game of Origin: Super Mario Bros 2
I knew that at least one of Mario's catchy overworld themes would have to be somewhere on this list. For that I chose the overworld from SMB2 - I have a love for that game, and of course, this song. I considered adding Birabuto Kingdom, as that too has a special place in my heart, but I felt it's looping nature would get annoying during a long game of Smash Run.
I have a personal love of ragtime, so this song has always particularly caught my ear.
In one word, this song is catchy. It's not quite so suited for battle, but I say why not? A snazzy song is a snazzy song.

Snake Man
Game of Origin: Mega Man 3
Much like with Mario overworlds, I knew at least one robot master theme would get in.
This choice, however, was easy for me. My favorite robot master theme is Snake Man, hands down.
It has such a great melody, and really hypes me up for a fight. Especially if there is some sort of metal remix like this one.

Buoy Base Galaxy
Game of Origin: Super Mario Galaxy
I adore Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack, so a song from it was inevitably going to make it on this list.
I had a lot of trouble choosing which one... many would say that Gusty Garden Galaxy is the no-brainer choice for a Galaxy song. I considered that, but I ultimately went with Buoy Base Galaxy.
This song has such an amazing feel. It's almost regal, in a way.
It doesn't even need to be remixed, it's that good.

The Moon
Game of Origin: Ducktales
This song isn't likely to get in, but what the heck: I love it!
A lot of people love this song - and it makes sense why. It's just one of those shivers-down-your-spine good songs.
It feels so carefree, so upbeat... it's really good. It's also one of the best video game songs in terms of thematically fitting its surroundings.
If this song was fully orchestrated, it would be beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
All kinds of extra participation happen on "finale"-type editions of games. Of course, This one doesn't necessarily have to end after release, but it still has that sense of "Oh man, last one before everything changes".

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Oh, man, this'll be tough. I'll try though. In no particular order:
1. Battle Theme: Paper Mario TTYD

2. Gourmet Race

3. Legend of Zelda Main theme. (The awesome, epic, super orchestrated version)

4. Rainbow Road Medley (Combining all rainbow road themes)

5. Gusty Garden Galaxy

6. Super Mario 64 Main Theme

7. Together We Ride/ Fire Emblem(Melee)

8. Slide Theme (Super Mario 64)

Honorable Mentions:
Main Theme (SSBM)
Main Theme (SSBU/3D)
Athletic Theme (SMB3)
Vs. Dimentio (Super Paper Mario)
Tetris Theme A
Vs. New Age Retro Hippie
Vs. Magolor Soul/ C.R.O.W.N.E.D
Boss Theme (Kirby 64)
Main Theme(Punch-Out!!)
Gaur Plains
Pac-Man's Park
Spark Man Theme
Cornered (Phoenix Wright)

I'll probably score poorly, due to my high Mario bias. I just decided to go at this like "What are my favorites?" and Mario is so sentimental and influential for me, that it isn't much of a surprise that many of my favorite video game themes are from mario.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I just realized that with Snake on the game we could get this:
Now I'm a little sad :c Smash needs 'It Has To Be This Way'.

Last edited:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
This rounds pretty big, so take your time!

That being said, if anyone still wants to enter, please at least reserve a post. That way we can get a general idea when we can close this round up!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'm not doing this to win - I'm doing this for fun. I have already shown how bad I am at this game, and I know nothing about the third parties, so I'm just going wild! (But I still want to be judged. Might as well prevent someone else from getting last place!)

Name: Moo Moo Meadows
Universe: Mario
Game It's From: Mario Kart 8
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5An5LzceeI&index=10&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Name: Realm Overworld (Full Steam Ahead)
Universe: The Legend of Zelda
Game It's From: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7n4asYN-8s&index=15&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Name: Engage the Enemy
Universe: Xenoblade
Game It's From: Xenoblade Chronicles
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAW4xlbyu28&index=26&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Name: Forest Interlude
Universe: Donkey Kong
Game It's From: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKNBP7VEvI&index=33&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Name: King Dedede's Theme
Universe: Kirby
Game It's From: Kirby Super Star
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEvxbJROGuQ&index=9&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Name: Venus Lighthouse
Universe: GoldenSun
Game It's From: GoldenSun
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SJsDCMyU9c&index=48&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Name: Samurai Slice
Universe: Rhythm Heaven
Game It's From: Rhythm Heaven Fever
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75RmYSxfhV4&index=90&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Name: Id (Purpose)
Universe: Fire Emblem
Game It's From: Fire Emblem Awakening
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bio99hoZVYI&index=55&list=PLX7WFiI5SvNxX8Vg7c1w5LZQsjm2TFo78

Honorable Mentions!

Donkey Kong: Bramble Blast and Title Theme

Pokemon: Mistralton City, Professor Oak, and Main Theme

The Legend of Zelda: Gerudo Valley, Song of Storms, Eclipse of the Sun, Cursed Overworld, and Solidus Cave

Kirby: Butter Building

Rhythm Heaven: Remix 4

Mario: Bob-Omb Battlefield, Super Bell Hill, and Yoshi Star Galaxy

Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider

Xenoblade: Colony 9

Nazo no Murasame Jo: Castle Town

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Last call! If you want to participate in this round, get your entry in tonight!

Now, continue with the hype. :p

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So are you judges almost done with your judge-y things?

Whoa, that text is powerful yet effective. I can see why people need to restrain this kind of stuff.

But yeah, how's the progress thus far?

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
HOW DARE YOU USE THE LARGE TEXT AS IF YOU HAD THE POWERS OF A JUDGE?! YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENT AND BLASPHEMOUS ACTIONS!!! NO MORE RESULTS FOR FIVE THOUSAND YEARS!!!
Or not. :4villager:

Sorry, blame it on me. I'm getting preparations ready for a move this coming weekend, so I haven't had the time or grading. I'll see if I can't finish grades by the end of this week, though.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Or not. :4villager:

Sorry, blame it on me. I'm getting preparations ready for a move this coming weekend, so I haven't had the time or grading. I'll see if I can't finish grades by the end of this week, though.
To be fair, I was the lead judge during the round Swampasaur appointed all the previous winners as judges while the actual judges submitted their scores for their own song lists in Skyloft's Round 2, so I had the powers of a judge and therefore drew from my powers of EARTH-SHATTERING LARGE TEXT from what was left of that.

Understood! Just making sure the place is still alive, considering this would be our first results since the game's release. Didn't know what effect that might have on us.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
We're still here! Just been busy is all. I've almost got my grades done.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Ladies and Gentlemen, progress has finally been made on the grading; I'm done with my grades! Just need @ L LF2K and @ Ascended Ascended to finish theirs and I can work on results!

And just to reiterate, This won't necessarily be the last round, as we still have until at least the release of Smash U, and even then we just might keep going! WHOO!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

"Hey Squidward, have you finished those grades?"
I think this competition is pretty much dead. Sad of me to say.

I was hoping we could finish off with a bang. But since the original team of judges have wandered away to their own busy lives, the contest doesn't feel like it can end with out 'em.:sadeyes:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
We're almost done. The actual game kinda put a damper on things. :p

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Hush now, the contest is still going until at least Smash U comes out, and that's just at the earliest. Even then, we still have at least all the 3DS exclusive stages even after that, and maybe something else. We aren't gonna let something as insignificant as the game being out let us from keeping with a game made for before the game came out. :p

And what's this about needing the original judges? Are we not good enough for you? ;_; :p

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The results are in. Yay! But before we declare the winner, let's look at the judges' scores:

ACTUALLY, Before We do that, I have two announcements: Firstly, Ascended is stepping down as judge from this round on, and as such will not be grading this round. As such, the only graders this round was myself and Billy. We hope you players understand, and we'll miss you, Ascended! :sadeyes:

And the second, as Ascended is stepping down, he has named @ Kevandre Kevandre as a potential new judge to help the panel keep parity and unbiased. Would you be willing to judge with us, Kevandre? Pretty please? :4pacman:

Now that THAT'S out of the way, let's look at the judges' scores:

D-Idara
Importance: 8/10
Popularity: 10/10
Variety: 10/10
Fit: 9/10
Total: 37/40
Using music from Rayman and W101 was nice, but it isn't exactly imperative to use those due to being 3rd Party series beyond our 3 big reps, so Importance dropped. Even in the remixed version, Kapp'n's Song is still a little unfitting for Smash Run. Now, the other songs are great, and I love the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon medley.
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
BridgesWithTurtles
Importance: 10/10
Popularity: 9/10
Total: 38/40
BROFIST FOR THE PAC CHAMP-DX REPPAGE!!!
<Ahem.>
I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt on how popular Candy Constellation is, so i'm giving you a discount on the Pop deduction. Route 11 is good travel music for a Pokemon stage, but doesn't quite fit for Smash Run. Using the Twilight Princess Hyrule Field instead of OOT's in an interesting choice, but it works.
Violenceman
Popularity: 8/10
Fit: 10/10
Using the version of Athletic from Mario & Sonic '14 was a complete shock, but it works super well. I really should have, but I didn't expect Golden Sun music either, but it would totally work with Smash Run. My only issue is with the Sonic medley. I love that you didn't just use only Sonic 1, 2 and 3 but included Sonic 4-1 as well (No love for Sonic 4-2, though?). However, i'm not 100% on if Lost Labyrinth or Lava Reef are all that popular. That said, it IS part of a medley (and with Chemical Plant, argueably the most famous of Sonic 2 tracks, to boot), so that saved you from a worse fate.
FalKoopa
All of the Smash carryovers is a bit strange, but it means no harm. The Plains is nice by all means, but it definitely isn't that popular in the context of Brawl's soundtrack. I kinda also have to question how well the New Bros. Wii Castle theme fits for Smash Run. Other than that, this is a good list.
God Robert's Cousin
Total: 40/40
Try as I might, I just can't find fault with this CST. No two songs contradict each other in sound or representation, nice blend of originals/remixes to already-in-Smash, and everything sounds like it would be right at home with Smash Run. Great work!
Tailisu10
Total: 39/40
The one thing that kept you from a perfect score from me is that I don't necessarily see much praise for the Power Tennis World Finals, so I had to dock your Popularity score. Other than that, very solid CST, good job. I especially commend you for using music from Pac-Man Champ DX.
Superyoshiom
Variety: 5/10
Fit: 7/10
Total: 28/40
SO MANY XENOBLADE SONGS! They're perfectly fine on their own, and they all fit, but there's an issue when you have near-free range of sources for songs and 5/8 of them are from the same game. There's also that Environmental Noises and Groose's Theme don't really fit with Smash Run (of course, Environmental Noises would have troube fitting anywhere that wasn't Pikmin, but that's besides the point =P). In all, the saving grace here is that all of the songs from Xenoblade are popular and that Wily's Castle is a good match for Smash Run.
PixelPasta
Importance: 7/10
Variety: 8/10
Total: 34/40
The Moon was a bad call for Importance as it's not just from a 3rd Party that isn't a misc. representation (like Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man) but also that Ducktales doesn't even fall within Smash Bros. "video game characters only" rule due to being a licensed game. In addition, I have to flag you for both Importance and Variety for using three separate songs from Mario games (Though I do treat Paper Mario as a separate series from the mainline Mario games, Smash Bros. doesn't, and I have to go with how they treat them.) However, all the songs fit, Snake Man paid off well for you.
Brawler610
Everything's spaced out on reppage, well fitting and super popular. I couldn't ask for anything else!
Zzuxon
Variety: 7/10
Total: 35/40
Before I start, if you could provide links to your song choices, that would be great. As is, we're going off of approximations on what songs you wanted.
Quite an overabundance of Mario songs there, though they all fit well enough (I like the idea of a Rainbow Road medley, more like Rainbow Road trip =P) and the other songs work great for Smash Run.
YT123
Importance: 9/10
Variety: 9/10
Two songs from Pokemon is a tad much, though Waterfall Colosseum was a nice surprise. Grand Metropolis seemed weird for the CST, but it's nothing to deduct points over. Not really much to say other than that.
Toxicroaker
It was so frustrating to not give this a perfect score, the only issue I had was that I thought Forest Interlude was a little too slow for all the constant action Smash Run would give. Beyond that, this is a killer CST.
D-iadra
Comments: 39/40
Total: Got to hand it to you, Escape from the City was a pretty awesome choice. But… I docked you a bit because Rayman is barely in Smash.

BridgesWithTurtles
Fit: 8/10
Total: 36/40
Comments: Rooftop “Run” went along great with Smash Run, as well as Big Blue. But the only shortcoming was Pac Avenue, I felt it was just a bit too chill to work out with Smash Run. Championship Edition DX was also never released on a Nintendo system, either.

Violenceman
Popularity:10/10
Variety:10/10
Comments: A great setlist! Together We Ride is always a favorite. Lost Labyrinth was also a surprise which worked out great in the medley.

FalKoopa
Comments: A well built setlist, with The Plain and Gourmet Race being really good choices. But the Castle Theme from NSMB just didn’t really fit that well.

God Robert’s Cousin
Toal: 39/40
Comments: You had a lot of heavy hitters from different series! However, I felt Plunge Falls was a bit tame for Smash Run.

Tailisu10
Comments: World Open Finals was a surprising choice that works well. Pac Rainbow was a great pick too, but I docked you just a bit because it wasn’t originally on a Nintendo system.

Superyoshiom
Popularity: 7/10
Fit: 6/10
Total: 25/40
Comments: Groose’s theme was… well, something else. Also, the heavy use of Xenoblade music use kept you back.

PixelPasta
Comments: Buoy Base was an interesting choice, considering Good Egg and Gusty Garden are usually the two most famous. Also, the Moon does fit, but it’s technically not from a game owned by Nintendo.

Brawler610
Comments: Fortunately for you, you chose a lot of songs that made it in! But the songs that didn't were great choices.

Zzuxon
Variety: 6/10
Comments: You were a bit Mario heavy, with a majority of your picks from Mario. While the other songs worked, the selection of Mario music held you back.

YT123
total: 38/40
Comments: The circuit theme from Double Dash didn't fit with your other songs that well. But overall, still an excellent setlist!

Toxicroak
Comments: Forest Interlude was a little calm for Smash Run, and Moo Moo Meadows didn’t really sit that well with me. But Engage the Enemy was an excellent choice.[

This game's winner is... @Brawler610!!! Congratulations, Brawler, your prize is the gloves of Master Hand and Crazy Hand!
...As soon as we can figure out how to take the gloves off without this black haze-static stuff spilling out...

GRAND SCORE
D-Idara: 76
BridgesWithTurtles: 74
Violenceman: 78
FalKoopa: 77
God Robert's Cousin: 79
Tailisu10: 77
Superyoshiom: 53
PixelPasta: 72
Brawler610: 80
YT123: 76
Toxicroaker: 76

Smash Run will also be added to the Hall of Fame!

Until next time, see ya!

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I did pretty good consitering I mostly just threw a few songs that I like out there. Forest Interlude wasn't taken so well, but whatever. I'm happy. And congrats to Brawler610!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The results are in. Yay! But before we declare the winner, let's look at the judges' scores:

ACTUALLY, Before We do that, I have two announcements: Firstly, Ascended is stepping down as judge from this round on, and as such will not be grading this round. As such, the only graders this round was myself and Billy. We hope you players understand, and we'll miss you, Ascended! :sadeyes:

And the second, as Ascended is stepping down, he has named @ Kevandre Kevandre as a potential new judge to help the panel keep parity and unbiased. Would you be willing to judge with us, Kevandre? Pretty please? :4pacman:

Now that THAT'S out of the way, let's look at the judges' scores:

D-Idara
Using music from Rayman and W101 was nice, but it isn't exactly imperative to use those due to being 3rd Party series beyond our 3 big reps, so Importance dropped. Even in the remixed version, Kapp'n's Song is still a little unfitting for Smash Run. Now, the other songs are great, and I love the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon medley.
BridgesWithTurtles
BROFIST FOR THE PAC CHAMP-DX REPPAGE!!!
<Ahem.>
I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt on how popular Candy Constellation is, so i'm giving you a discount on the Pop deduction. Route 11 is good travel music for a Pokemon stage, but doesn't quite fit for Smash Run. Using the Twilight Princess Hyrule Field instead of OOT's in an interesting choice, but it works.
Violenceman
Using the version of Athletic from Mario & Sonic '14 was a complete shock, but it works super well. I really should have, but I didn't expect Golden Sun music either, but it would totally work with Smash Run. My only issue is with the Sonic medley. I love that you didn't just use only Sonic 1, 2 and 3 but included Sonic 4-1 as well (No love for Sonic 4-2, though?). However, i'm not 100% on if Lost Labyrinth or Lava Reef are all that popular. That said, it IS part of a medley (and with Chemical Plant, argueably the most famous of Sonic 2 tracks, to boot), so that saved you from a worse fate.
FalKoopa
All of the Smash carryovers is a bit strange, but it means no harm. The Plains is nice by all means, but it definitely isn't that popular in the context of Brawl's soundtrack. I kinda also have to question how well the New Bros. Wii Castle theme fits for Smash Run. Other than that, this is a good list.
God Robert's Cousin
Try as I might, I just can't find fault with this CST. No two songs contradict each other in sound or representation, nice blend of originals/remixes to already-in-Smash, and everything sounds like it would be right at home with Smash Run. Great work!
Tailisu10
The one thing that kept you from a perfect score from me is that I don't necessarily see much praise for the Power Tennis World Finals, so I had to dock your Popularity score. Other than that, very solid CST, good job. I especially commend you for using music from Pac-Man Champ DX.
Superyoshiom
Fit: 7/10
Total: 28/40
SO MANY XENOBLADE SONGS! They're perfectly fine on their own, and they all fit, but there's an issue when you have near-free range of sources for songs and 5/8 of them are from the same game. There's also that Environmental Noises and Groose's Theme don't really fit with Smash Run (of course, Environmental Noises would have troube fitting anywhere that wasn't Pikmin, but that's besides the point =P). In all, the saving grace here is that all of the songs from Xenoblade are popular and that Wily's Castle is a good match for Smash Run.
PixelPasta
Variety: 8/10
Total: 34/40
The Moon was a bad call for Importance as it's not just from a 3rd Party that isn't a misc. representation (like Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man) but also that Ducktales doesn't even fall within Smash Bros. "video game characters only" rule due to being a licensed game. In addition, I have to flag you for both Importance and Variety for using three separate songs from Mario games (Though I do treat Paper Mario as a separate series from the mainline Mario games, Smash Bros. doesn't, and I have to go with how they treat them.) However, all the songs fit, Snake Man paid off well for you.
Brawler610
Everything's spaced out on reppage, well fitting and super popular. I couldn't ask for anything else!
Zzuxon
Variety: 7/10
Total: 35/40
Before I start, if you could provide links to your song choices, that would be great. As is, we're going off of approximations on what songs you wanted.
Quite an overabundance of Mario songs there, though they all fit well enough (I like the idea of a Rainbow Road medley, more like Rainbow Road trip =P) and the other songs work great for Smash Run.
YT123
Variety: 9/10
Two songs from Pokemon is a tad much, though Waterfall Colosseum was a nice surprise. Grand Metropolis seemed weird for the CST, but it's nothing to deduct points over. Not really much to say other than that.
Toxicroaker
It was so frustrating to not give this a perfect score, the only issue I had was that I thought Forest Interlude was a little too slow for all the constant action Smash Run would give. Beyond that, this is a killer CST.
D-iadra
Comments: 39/40
Total: Got to hand it to you, Escape from the City was a pretty awesome choice. But… I docked you a bit because Rayman is barely in Smash.

BridgesWithTurtles
Total: 36/40
Comments: Rooftop “Run” went along great with Smash Run, as well as Big Blue. But the only shortcoming was Pac Avenue, I felt it was just a bit too chill to work out with Smash Run. Championship Edition DX was also never released on a Nintendo system, either.

Violenceman
Popularity:10/10
Variety:10/10
Comments: A great setlist! Together We Ride is always a favorite. Lost Labyrinth was also a surprise which worked out great in the medley.

FalKoopa
Comments: A well built setlist, with The Plain and Gourmet Race being really good choices. But the Castle Theme from NSMB just didn’t really fit that well.

God Robert’s Cousin
Toal: 39/40
Comments: You had a lot of heavy hitters from different series! However, I felt Plunge Falls was a bit tame for Smash Run.

Tailisu10
Comments: World Open Finals was a surprising choice that works well. Pac Rainbow was a great pick too, but I docked you just a bit because it wasn’t originally on a Nintendo system.

Superyoshiom
Popularity: 7/10
Fit: 6/10
Total: 25/40
Comments: Groose’s theme was… well, something else. Also, the heavy use of Xenoblade music use kept you back.

PixelPasta
Comments: Buoy Base was an interesting choice, considering Good Egg and Gusty Garden are usually the two most famous. Also, the Moon does fit, but it’s technically not from a game owned by Nintendo.

Brawler610
Comments: Fortunately for you, you chose a lot of songs that made it in! But the songs that didn't were great choices.

Zzuxon
Variety: 6/10
Comments: You were a bit Mario heavy, with a majority of your picks from Mario. While the other songs worked, the selection of Mario music held you back.

YT123
total: 38/40
Comments: The circuit theme from Double Dash didn't fit with your other songs that well. But overall, still an excellent setlist!

Toxicroak
Comments: Forest Interlude was a little calm for Smash Run, and Moo Moo Meadows didn’t really sit that well with me. But Engage the Enemy was an excellent choice.[

This games winner is... @Brawler610 !!! Congratulations, Brawler, your prize is the gloves of Master Hand and Crazy Hand!
...As soon as we can figure out how to take the gloves off without this black haze-static stuff spilling out...

GRAND SCORE
D-Idara: 76
BridgesWithTurtles: 74
Violenceman: 78
FalKoopa: 77
God Robert's Cousin: 79
Tailisu10: 77
Superyoshiom: 53
PixelPasta: 72
Brawler610: 80
YT123: 76
Toxicroaker: 76

Smash Run will also be added to the Hall of Fame!

Until next time, see ya!
Wow- That's unexpected. I'll have to read through the thread and see how previous scorings went but I think I'd be willing to do that!

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
And it happens once again--even after months later and with an entirely new set of judges, I still manage to land 2nd place exactly! This has happened so many times now, I'm more impressed with my consistency than I am disappointed. Congrats to Brawler610 on your narrow-yet-well-deserved victory!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
And it happens once again--even after months later and with an entirely new set of judges, I still manage to land 2nd place exactly! This has happened so many times now, I'm more impressed with my consistency than I am disappointed. Congrats to Brawler610 on your narrow-yet-well-deserved victory!
You're not the only one, buddy.

It was the same with me until I stopped entering.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh hey guys!

Sounds like peeps are having fun. :D

If you don't remember me, I was the one everyone hated cause I took forever to do grades (but at least my comments were good right, right? :sadeyes: ).

Just wanted to mention i'll have finished my final exams soon and may have some time to help out with a couple of rounds after a few weeks if the judges are struggling. Not a biggie at all and i'm not asking back in or anything, just putting it out there that after a few weeks I should more or less be available. :)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Smash Run has been added to the Hall of Fame continuation on Page 75.

Anyway, we aren't fully set on what stage to do yet, but just know that it ain't over juuuuust yet!

<Psst, @ Kevandre Kevandre , have you mulled it over on being a judge, yet? :4pacman:>

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kevandre is the one who saurly misses Ivy, right? :p

Anyways, will we be doing any more 3DS stages? :4pacman:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Smash Run has been added to the Hall of Fame continuation on Page 75.

Anyway, we aren't fully set on what stage to do yet, but just know that it ain't over juuuuust yet!

<Psst, @ Kevandre Kevandre , have you mulled it over on being a judge, yet? :4pacman:>
Yes I think I'd be willing to give it a go. Seems simple enough!

Kevandre is the one who saurly misses Ivy, right? :p
You know it man

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Uh, @ TechPowah TechPowah , Wonderful 101's a first-party franchise, fully owned by Nintendo and developed by Platinum.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Wait, really? I thought W101 was published by Sega, like Bayonetta was. It says so right here on Wiki-

Wikipedia said:
Published by Nintendo
.........Well s&///*{}, you're right, it is Nintendo's. I can't believe I somehow missed that detail, especially when I go through the trouble to remind people that Eternal Darkness is Nintendo's instead of Silicon Knights! :facepalm:

Oh man, i'm sorry, I completely thought W101 was 3rd Party. I don't know how much it would've affected your score for Smash Run, but it definitely would have been a better score had I known. Now I feel all kinds of bad. :cry:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I know jack about Xenoblade, so I might have to take a break if the next round is indeed Gaur Plains.

Last edited:
Top Bottom