• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Too... tired... Update... tomorrow... after classes...

High school is hard on you, am I right?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-T6cx4huas

Sorry for the delay, guys. I was having problems capturing the audio on my laptop, but I finally got it working on another computer. The waterfall in the background couldn't be helped, but I think it's pretty good quality. Feel free to use it for the contest. (Yes, PikaJosh84 is one of my aliases.) Just make sure to thank Nintendo for allowing Wii games to stream on the Wii U Game Pad. Kickass feature, indeed.

Oh, and I also did the Beginner version, because I like it a lot. See it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlI3cfgv6w

Anyway, I'm a bit too exhausted to try to make a list tonight. I'll try to get it in tomorrow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-T6cx4huas

Sorry for the delay, guys. I was having problems capturing the audio on my laptop, but I finally got it working on another computer. The waterfall in the background couldn't be helped, but I think it's pretty good quality. Feel free to use it for the contest. (Yes, PikaJosh84 is one of my aliases.) Just make sure to thank Nintendo for allowing Wii games to stream on the Wii U Game Pad. Kickass feature, indeed.

Oh, and I also did the Beginner version, because I like it a lot. See it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlI3cfgv6w

Anyway, I'm a bit too exhausted to try to make a list tonight. I'll try to get it in tomorrow.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I'm posting the new version in the round notice.

All of my thanks!

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Hoho! Wii Fit...I am so in for this one.

Name: Segway Circuit - Advanced
Universe: Wii Fit
Origin: Wii Fit Plus (2009)
Reason: Already Confirmed​
Name: Yoga
Universe: Wii Fit​
Origin: Wii Fit (2008)​
Reason: As stated, it was in a trailer already. Could be sped up slightly, but I think as is, it makes a nice little calm piece. It is yoga, after all; can't be too fast paced!​
Name: Step Dance (Advanced)
Origin: Wii Fit (2008)​
Reason: Anyone who played Wii Fit should have this tune burned into their head. Fun and catchy tune that has enough variety to keep from being repetitive.​
Name: Obstacle Course
Origin: Wii Fit Plus (2009)​
Reason: This one requires a little imagination. Namely the addition of a more noticeable and driving drum beat, and some bass and rhythm guitar kicking in after the first verse for a more "rock" feel. The whistling stays throughout, though.​
Name: Opening Theme (Wii Sports)
Universe: Wii Sports​
Origin: Super Smash Bros Brawl (2008)​
Reason: A return of the classic Brawl theme that uses a well loved tune from the game that sold the Wii. Fits right at home in a gym like setting.​
Name: Wii Play Motion Medley
Universe: Wii Play​
Origin: Wii Play Motion (2011)​
Reason: A collection of tunes from Wii Play Motion game. More catchy upbeat fun. No track here really stands out by itself, but I think they work well together as a series of tracks.​
Name: Main Theme (Athletic World)
Universe: Retro​
Origin: Athletic World (1987)​
Reason: Bust out your Power Pads; it's time to get fit, old school style! Update this theme with some modern instruments and you have a throw back to mix up this list. Also, this game was made by Bandai, not Nintendo, but since Bandai is owned by Namco now...I think it will slide.​
Name: Strength Training
Origin: Wii Fit Plus (2009)​
Reason: Bring it back to Wii Fit once more. Those who played Wii Fit should recognize this song as well.​

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
[collapse="Round 2! (Technically four...)"]Just some notes...

- This list will not use songs that were in the lists that won for other stages (In this case, Dr. Mario from Melee is out of the question).
- I am also considering the existence of other stages while creating this stage, meaning I am going to try my best to stray away from songs that would fit in the Pilotwings / Wuhu Island stage.
- I originally had 8 songs in this list (Mii Maker Medley being the final one) but after more thought, I figured the song was a unnecessary addition when you place it alongside the others present in this list. So with that in mind, I removed it. When I thought of something to replace it, I felt like adding anything else would seem like filler to just make my list of 8 songs. Not all stages need to have 8 songs in them, so 7 seemed like the right amount for me.

With those out of the way, let's begin with the list!

1) Segway Circuit - Advanced ~ Wii Fit Plus (Wii Fit)
• Officially confirmed
2) Yoga ~ Wii Fit (Wii Fit)
• While not officially confirmed, I would imagine that any songs used in advertisement for Smash Bros will be incorporated into the game in some way. With the said, it fits perfectly in The Gym.
3) Health / Options (Wii Fit) ~ Wii Fit / Wii Fit Plus (Wii Fit)
• Like with Yoga I do think that if the song is used in advertisement for Smash, it must be incorporated somewhere. Again, The Gym is the best place for it be.
4) Main Theme (Wii Fit) / Get in Shape / Strength Training ~ Wii Fit / Wii Fit Plus (Wii Fit)
• This song is a more upbeat version of the main theme.
• Those who have played Wii Fit should remember this theme easily.
5) Main Theme (Wii Sports) ~ Wii Sports (Nintendo Wii)
• This song has become somewhat iconic as time has gone by, anybody who has over owned a Wii should have pleasant memories with this tune.
• Wii Sports represents the birth of the Wii Remote as Wii Fit represents the birth of the Balance Board. So the two franchises are relatable in that sense.
6) Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day ~ Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Super Smash Brothers)
• Some Brawl music representation.
• Brain Age has remained to be one of the best selling DS franchises, a song is a no-brainer. hehe
• Brain Age and Wii Fit are pretty relatable, one makes you physically fit while the other make you mentally fit. So it fits in pretty well. doublehehe
7) Sneeze / Que Que ~ Dr. Mario Online Rx (Dr. Mario)
• Continuing the trend of adding in a new Dr. Mario theme with every smash installment.
• Dr. Mario is a physician, so it's only natural that we keep the health theme going with a song from the Dr. Mario franchise[/collapse]
Feelin' good about this.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
[collapse=The Gym Music List]
Song: Segway Circuit (Advanced)
Source: Wii Fit Plus (Wii, 2009)
Reason: It's already confirmed to be in the game.

Song: Yoga
Source: Wii Fit (Wii, 2008)
Reason: Used in WFT's introduction. Provides a more ambient track for this stage, which appears to be a rather peaceful location anyway. Yoga is one of the more iconic parts of the Wii Fit games.

Song: Strength Training
Source: Wii Fit Plus (Wii, 2009)
Reason: One of the more popular, rhythmic tunes from the series. Seems to be popular enough.

Song: Health
Source: Wii Fit (Wii, 2008)
Reason: It's as good as confirmed, albeit in remixed form.

Song: Training Game Mode
Universe: Wii
Source: Wii Sports (Wii, 2006)
Reason: You've got to have at least some music from the "Wii series" game that started it all. It's catchy and would fit the stage, plus it makes sense in context, being "training" music and all. Repetitive, sure, but it's a solid piece that would sound just fine when looped.

Song: Mii Posting Plaza
Source: Check Mii Out Channel (Wii, 2007)
Reason: It's bound to be recognizable to the majority of Wii owners. Catchy and very rhythmic, befitting of a peppy training area like The Gym.

Song: Polls
Source: Everybody Votes Channel (Wii, 2007)
Reason: Also recognizable to most Wii owners. It's a repetitive, ambient piece that reflects the electronic mood of the stage. Combining all of the variations of the theme (a la Delfino Plaza and Ricco Harbor in Brawl) would give it a nice progression as the fight unfolds.

Song: Globe (Daytime)
Source: Wii Forecast Channel (Wii, 2006)
Reason: Among the most ambient tracks in the listing, it's a less-than-popular but still recognizable composition that I feel would fit right at home in an aerobics gym. A good throwback to the early days of the Wii.
[/collapse]

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OK, I took a large risk in my music, but I hope you enjoy it!

Name: Yoga
Game of Origin: Wii Fit (2008)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqqXr_Z-8pY
Reason: To keep it safe, I added Yoga as it's indeed a relaxing song to "fit" the stage well. See what I did there?

Name: Segway Circuit- Advanced
Game of Origin: Wii Fit Plus (2009)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-T6cx4huas
Reason: It's already in the stage, and it's catchy tune indeed, so of course I include it.

Name: Training Menu
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJW8osYAUYk
Reason: Instead of including the Options theme, I OPTED to include this upbeat song which seemed to work with the Gym better than the other. If this theme doesn't make it in the game in some form, I'd be surprised.

Name: Cough
Universe: Super Mario Bros.
Game of Origin: Dr. Mario Online RX (2008)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xEMQmFl5fg
Reason: Every game so far (except Smash 64) has added a Dr. Mario song. And this song works great with the Gym, sounding great alongside the others, maybe remixed to fit the others by removing or replacing the beeping noises with other instruments.

Name: Cow Racing
Game of Origin: Wii Play (2006)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1dvkG8J5k
Reason: Including the Cow Racing was a personal must, fitting in with the Segway Circuit's country feel as well. Besides, it's my favorite mini-game out of the bunch, EXCEPT for the scarecrows. I despise them. But, all in all, a song doesn't have to be relaxing to be in a Wii Fit stage.

Name: Wii Sports Resort Main Theme
Game of Origin: Wii Sports Resort (2009)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdth6I-utfo
Reason: WHAT? Not including the Wii Sports Opening on the list? I prefer this remix. And, say it fits better on the Pilotwings stage, but I like it here. It sounds great, and is a cool song that can definitely mingle it's way into your hearts.

Name: Wii Party Main Theme
Game of Origin: Wii Party (2010)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzepGtfHL9A
Reason: Just a cool song. I originally planned on including a Wii Music song in this place, but, you know, this song's a lot better than I remember. It works well (as do MOST in the Wii series) and it's a well-fitting song.

Name: Nintendo Land Medley
Universe: Nintendo
Game of Origin: Nintendo Land
Link(s):

Reason: Here's my "dangerous" choice. I truly wanted to include songs only from the Wii series, as well as the Dr. Mario theme for variety, but Nintendo Land cannot be passed up. The medley starts with the Main Plaza, a jolly upbeat tune that seems a bit weird at first, but a nice remix can fix that up. Then, we go to a small portion of the Balloon Fight game, with it's enchanting music and NES nostalgia. We then go to my favorite of the bunch, Battle Quest's Lost Woods, a.k.a. Saria's Song, which, of course, NEEDS TO BE IN EVERY SMASH BROS just like Dr. Mario's Fever or Gourmet Race. Plus, it's relaxing enough... right? We get a little bit of the Yoshi's Fruit Cart drawing theme, giving us a nice taste of Yoshi's Island to brighten up our days. Next up, is a bit of the Donkey Kong's Crash Course 1 tune, giving us some xylophone action to satisfy our secret needs. We next introduce the Princess' slide theme through Slide Hill from Mario Chase, which leads us then into a surprisingly dark turn into Luigi's Ghost Mansion's first part. Finally, as a farewell song, we get some Pikmin Adventure Intro to say goodbye as it fades back into the Main Plaza, replaying for our good. It's a risky move (not even including Metroid or F-Zero to get a more whimsical feel) but Nintendo Land started up the Wii U much in the vein of Wii Sports.
I hope you enjoy my songs!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright people. Gotta remember. Round ends tomorrow.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Phew, made it! (sees everyone else making offbeat music choices) I get the feeling that everyone is making fun of me. But oh well... Time to get cracking.

[collapse=My selection for this round.]
1. Name: Segway Circuit - Advanced
Game of Origin: Wii Fit Plus
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-T6cx4huas

Reason: Already confirmed. I even rewatched the Developer Direct to make sure.

2. Name: Yoga
Game of Origin: Wii Fit
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqqXr_Z-8pY

Reason: Was already featured. In my mind, it's as good as confirmed.

3. Name: Strength Training
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7RCObZURXc

Reason: You can't have Yoga and not include this. After all, you need a good balance of activity in order to be Fit! Plus it's catchy.

4. Name: Options (Health)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaMjkj_9Eu8

Reason: Already has a kickass remix in that trailer. Why not use it?

5. Name: Opening (Wii Sports)
Universe: Wii Sports
Game of Origin: Wii Sports/Super Smash Bros. Brawl
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBrWfT9zVOU

Reason: Yes, I used the Brawl version. This track is the genesis of the Wii genre and the stage itself would be worthy to rep the entire specs of games (at least, the ones not tied to Wuhu Island). So it fits like a glove.

6. Name: Training
www.youtube.com/watch?v=en35ZgLsmF0

Reason: Another Wii Fit classic. The thing about Wii Fit Plus is that it's essentially an expansion to Wii Fit. So they share all the same themes, with the exception to the training plus games. So I'm not giving it the shaft, honest! I'm just utilizing themes inclusive of both games.

7. Name: Mii Maker Medley
Universe: Wii/3DS/U
Contains the following songs:

Name: Mii Channel
Origin: Wii System (2006)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=po-0n1BKW2w

Name: Mii Maker
Origin: 3DS System (2011)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lib4y0uYMa0

Name: Mii Maker U
Origin: Wii U System (2012)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyRd-NRqjjw

Name: Mii Maker U - Create
Origin: Wii U system (2012)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAx8sBi2PPM

Reason: My oddball selection is thankfully not that odd at all. Mii Channel was already featured in Brawl's PictoChat stage. All I did was add the themes from
the 3DS and Wii U versions. Not only are Miis the playable characters in the Wii Fit games, but they are the mascots of their respective systems. Including the 3DS version was technically against the rules, but I wanted to properly demonstrate the evolution of the Mii interface. All in all, this medley of themes would be fitting for a gym environment.

Darn it... so many people choosing varied tracks from varied games... how can I choose... Wait! I got it!

8. Name: Gymnastics - Trampoline
Universe: Mario/Sonic
Game of Origin: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ3l1psttVM

Reason: Ha ha, I did it! I out oddballed you all!! Anyway, the Olympics are a fitting theme to go along with getting fit. Plus, it's gymnastics. And it gives a distinct unique flavor that is neither Mario nor Sonic, but it's own thing. Plus, the musical big band style contrasts with the other tracks pretty well.

Honorable Mention:
(This idea would be so awesome, but I decided to not officially include it due to certain... licensing issues. Nevertheless it would have kicked ass.)

Name: September
Universe: Real Life
Contains the following songs:

Name: September
Game of Origin: Wii Music
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRO8vwAuQi0

Name: Capsule Obtain
Game of Origin: Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdMIYMSHu4

Reason: Told you there were licensing issues. But believe it or not, Wii Music actually had this song in its repertoire. So clearly, Nintendo could easily license it again, right? But the hilarious irony comes from the DBZ track, which could feasibly be utilized as Namco-Bandai own the distribution rights for DBZ games. If it sounds familiar, that's because it's a plagiarized version of... September! So why not combine the two and make the most awesome video game version of this hit song and have it be legal as well?! Admit it, you love the idea...
[/collapse]

So there. It may not net me the win, but it sure was fun...

FalKoopa said:
8. Carmen (Wii Music)

The last track will be my downfall.....
Don't get me wrong, Carmen is a great song. But I'd much rather this version get in...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr5vVZzxXuI

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Name: Segway Circuit - Advanced
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-T6cx4huas

Name: Options
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_NTko50xB0

Name: Wii Fit Results
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFkGwj2DySA&list=PLB51FF00FAD19EC22

Name: Get in Shape
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tEzh9l7Nzc&list=PLB51FF00FAD19EC22

Name: Penguin
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5RiZw0RQM&list=PLB51FF00FAD19EC22

Name: Wii Party Main Menu
Universe: Wii Party
Game of Origin: Wii Party (2010)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzepGtfHL9A

Name: Wii Sports Resort - Wakeboarding
Universe: Wii Sports
Game of Origin: Wii Sports Resort (2009)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlQiS372Y0&list=PL0FEB32B54C0FD377

Name: Wii Play Select Game/Chose Mii
Universe: Wii Play
Game of Origin: Wii Play (2007)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rANgcTFwyks

I hope I do good *crossing fingers*

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright.

The round is closed!

Good luck people!

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
My win is in the bag this time! But we'll see if the judges agree...

By the way, if a song is on the winning list, does that mean it's off limits for future rounds. Someone brought it up and I would like to get official word on it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My win is in the bag this time! But we'll see if the judges agree...

By the way, if a song is on the winning list, does that mean it's off limits for future rounds. Someone brought it up and I would like to get official word on it.
Depends. We'll talk about that.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I deserve to lose for forgetting to put the training music in my list.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm kinda afraid that I will get critisised for having too much wii fit music. even though I covered every aspect of wii fit with my list. ehhhhhhh

I shouldn't be thinking this way, I'll do great.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No, It's just a personal rule for myself.

I like a good challenge you see, so I just decided to mention the limitations I had put on myself.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I'm kinda afraid that I will get critisised for having too much wii fit music. even though I covered every aspect of wii fit with my list. ehhhhhhh

I shouldn't be thinking this way, I'll do great.
I'm thinking the same, myself. But what else could I do? I had to use three Wii Fit songs already and both Strength Training and the Training theme are just as iconic to the franchise.

Ariand/AEM said:
No, It's just a personal rule for myself.

I like a good challenge you see, so I just decided to mention the limitations I had put on myself.
Ah, I see. But when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. that's why I wanted to know.

Groose

Smash Champion
Finished mah grading. Very solid round overall... in my book, everyone did very well with the difficult source material. It was interesting seeing some Docor Mario music... but I won't tell you how I felt about that until the grades come in.

Only ONE of you managed a perfect score this round in my eyes, however. Someone's list blew me away...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This was such a hard round. I felt my eyes glaze over my computer time and time again... memories.

But do not worry. We won't troll you two times in a row, so expect to see something good next round.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
This was such a hard round. I felt my eyes glaze over my computer time and time again... memories.

But do not worry. We won't troll you two times in a row, so expect to see something good next round.
Wait, we were trolled? When did this happen?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wait, we were trolled? When did this happen?

They're talking about giving all the hints to using the Sonic Lost World stage before this round, only to reveal the Wii Fit stage, much in the vein of Wii Fit Trainer's reveal itself.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
OH, you mean that whole thing where Groose and Tumblr had to edit their posts for giving too much away was staged? Okay, I get it now. I had missed that because I was bummed about not winning last round. It does explain everyone thinking Sonic was the next stage... :p

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OH, you mean that whole thing where Groose and Tumblr had to edit their posts for giving too much away was staged? Okay, I get it now. I had missed that because I was bummed about not winning last round. It does explain everyone thinking Sonic was the next stage... :p

Don't be sad, be glad!

I didn't win either... And I thought I did well!

Well, whatever happens, may the best man win!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The grades are almost done, but meanwhile, let me remind you that the next stage is from the 3DS version.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm guessing a Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem stage next.

Or they could go on a Casual role and do Nintendogs...

(I'm guessing no Spirit Tracks/Gerudo Valley due to Skyloft being a recent part of the contest)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Or we could get... (checks list of confirmed stages for 3DS) ...."Unknown Stage". Yeah, that's what we'll get. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Or they could go on a Casual role and do Nintendogs...

(I'm guessing no Spirit Tracks/Gerudo Valley due to Skyloft being a recent part of the contest)
Nope, it won't be Nintendogs. This decision was actually made when we chose the Wii Fit stage.

Or we could get... (checks list of confirmed stages for 3DS) ...."Unknown Stage". Yeah, that's what we'll get. :troll:
The unknown stages won't be picked due to lack of information.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nope, it won't be Nintendogs. This decision was actually made when we chose the Wii Fit stage.

The unknown stages won't be picked due to lack of information.

Well, the owner of the Nintendog support thread is OUTRAGED against this violation against the casual committee.
:troll:

So, preparing for Kid Icarus once again...

Ascended

Smash Ace
Guess we won't be doing the boxing ring anytime soon then. If it's Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem, then I've got a lot of awesome stuff prepared.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, you lose some pounds while we were grading? I certainly worked up a sweat!

[collapse="Swampasaur's Grades"]This is going to be interesting. I've never played Wii Fit. Regardless, I'll do the best I can. Because Wii Fit music is typically more serene then other series, we'll be a tad more lenient when it comes to that.

Brawler610
Importance: 10
Popularity: 8
Variety: 8
Fitness: 9
Total: 35
Notes: Alright. You have the required piece and the two I suggested. The other Wii Fit tracks seems to be important/popular enough. They fit well too. The Wii Play music fits well too. Dr. Mario is a decent choice but.... I feel it should be used elsewhere. Still good list though.

Falkoopa
Importance: 9
Variety: 9
Fitness: 8
Total: 34
Notes: Some good choices here. The only thing I find a bit iffy is Carmen. It's from an important (?) Nintendo game and I could see them using it. It's just.... I'm not sure how well that would go over. Ya know? Overall you made some good choices. Just one big risky one.

Legendofrob1
Popularity: 9
Fitness: 10
Total: 37
Notes: Huh. A lot more Wii Fit music than your competitors. It all seems to work well though. Each theme seems important and kinda popular. Perhaps you could have expanded horizons just a tad though. I never knew Wii Fit had such great music. Thanks for teaching me!

Ascended
Importance: 8
Variety: 10
Fitness: 7
Notes: We've seen most of these songs already at this point. Wii Sports music is pretty catchy and it fits the stage, though I feel that particular theme works better on Wuhu Island. The Nintendo Medley is an interesting choice. You put a lot of thought into that. However, I'm not so sure those particular tracks would work very well in a medley together. Still some good choices.

Violenceman
Fitness: 6
Total: 31
Notes: Huh! A retro track. Interesting. I think tit fits actually. Granted it would need to be remixed though. Wait a minute...

That's not a Nintendo track?

Yeah... That won't fly with me. Sorry, but I feel strongly about that.

The Wii Play Medley is cool though. Really nice.

Starphoenix
Fitness:9
Total: 36
Notes: Mario DDR? Well. Didn't see that coming! I think it fits.

It's actually an old Nintendo song too? Huh. You learn something everyday!

The NES medley was also a really cool way to bring back a Brawl lost track. I approve wholeheartedly. The rest of your songs work quite well! Good job!

Ariand/AEM
Fitness:9
Total:37
Notes: Dr. Mario huh? It works well and definitely helps your variety! And Brain Age music?

I'm honestly surprised no one else had that! You know? I think you covered most of the "casual" series while leaving the rest for Wuhu Island as you said. Very well done.

BridgesWithTurtles
Notes: You got the main 4 Wii Fit Tunes everyone seems to have. So, that's good.

And then all this Wii stuff! I mean, this is really one of the few places where this stuff fits, so good choice for here. I approve.

APC99
Total: 33
Notes: Hm... About the NintendoLand medley...

I feel that you would have been better off with just the main plaza theme. It's good enough on its own. I find it cluttered and simply too much otherwise. That track is good on its own! :D

The Dr. Mario theme works well here as well. As I said above, Wii Sports Resort music should probably be on the Wuhu Island stage. Just saying.

Jumpman84
Notes: Alright. Nice Wii Fit music...

Mario and Sonic music? Huh... Cool! It fits perfectly! Just.... are they considered Nintendo or Sega games? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just say that Nintendo has the rights to them. I'm pretty sure they do. The Mii maker medley is a very interesting idea. It's actually a pretty good fit for the stage.

Toxicroaker
Total: 32
Notes: Pengiun is an interesting track. It almost doesn't feel like Wii Fit music ya know? It definitely fits though. Wakeboarding just...doesn't quite feel like it fits here though. I feel that it would fit better soaring in the sky. So Pilotwings... The Wii Play music was... kinda quiet. I could barely hear anything. Try to get a better link next time. It won't effect your grade though.
Overall, nice choices!
[/collapse]

[collapse="Groose's Grades"]Preface to this round’s grading: I’ve considered “popularity” in this round more as “catchiness” because few Wii Fit songs are actually popular. I expect the songs to become popular after being exposed in Smash.

Brawler610
Wii Fit Fit: 9
Overall: 36
Notes: I was going to berate you for Doctor Mario… but I think I’ll commend you instead. Somehow, it fits! Obviously it adds popularity as well. Cow Racing is popular… but I don’t really think it fits at all. The other music is stuff that’s pretty important, but nothing really stands out as truly popular. Overall, I think your list was very solid in all areas, but perfect in none.

Falkoopa
Popularity: 10
Wii Fit Fit: 6
Notes: Wii Party’s theme was always pretty catchy and popular within my circle of friends. I give you kudos for thinking of that one. While the Wii Sports theme is extremely popular… isn’t there another stage that it would fit on much better? Cow Racing is another that isn’t helping your fit, but it does help your other attributes. Carmen... I don’t think it fits, either… but it’s probably the most popular song on your list. Overall, your list contained the songs important to the Wii brand, held great variety, and were very popular… but they don’t fit very well with Wii Fit.

LegendofRob1
Wii Fit Fit: 10
Notes: Every single song on this list fits the stage perfectly (even the specific Wii Sports music you chose feels like it was remixed for Wii Fit); most tracks are also important to Wii Fit and the Wii Franchise at large. The only problem is… because you drew so heavily from Wii Fit itself, there isn’t enough variety or popularity here.

Ascended
Overall: 40
Notes: You, sir, deserve to win this round. That medley is perfect… it fits Wii Fit perfectly and brings in a lot of popular music. It screeches variety, too! You also brought in the popular Wii Party title and the Wii Sports theme… your popularity is through the roof with this one. I’m giving you a perfect score because you’ve earned it, but keep this in mind: Wii Sports Resort’s theme would fit better on another stage.

Violenceman
Overall: 38
Notes: Step Dance is a pretty cool song… I remembered it from my Wii Fit days. Obstacle Course was also a great choice… that whistling is catchy and it fits well. Athletic World… is it sad that I actually recognize that tune? It’s a memorable tune, and it fits just fine in its 8-Bit form. The opening theme of Wii Sports is extremely popular, but wouldn’t it fit better… somewhere else?

Starphoenix
Overall: 37
Notes: As I said to the man above you, I approve of Step Dance, but am mixed on Wii Sports. The Photo, Shop, and Mii Channel themes are all pretty swell, too… they all kind of fit. The Mario Mix song was a surprise… I love surprises! It definitely works with the stage, too. All in all, things may have been a bit better if you had just one more Wii Fit track… it feels like you’re missing that indescribable, important something. Training Theme, maybe?

Ariand/AEM
Overall: 39
Notes: Ahchoo! Oops, pardon me… I was just reacting to Sneeze. Strangely, it fits even better than Fever would have, and it adds the same variety and popularity. Brain Age… ah, that song brings me back. I used to love that game, and that tune is forever engraved into the minds of anyone who has played it. It fits here. You pointed out that you were trying to avoid using music better suited to Pilotwings… but then you went and used Wii Sports’ theme. Great for popularity, but it prevented me from giving you the perfect score in fit… and the perfect score overall.

BridgesWithTurtles
Overall: 39
Notes: Polls? Polls! POOOOLLLS! It fits perfectly and it’s certainly a catchy song. Check Mii Out channel is even better… who doesn’t have that catchy tune engraved into their minds? It’s even more battle-ready than Polls! Not quite as sold on Globe, though… it fits, but it lacks the catchiness and the importance to the Wii as a whole. I love your list… but I could do with a song that has a different type of feel. You did well in variety because you sampled from different games… but I could have used something that sounded a bit different.

APC99
Wii Fit Fit: 7
Overall: 37
Notes: *Coughs* Ah, Cough. Fits great (though not quite as great as Sneeze, which someone else pointed out), is popular, and adds a great degree of variety. I feel like Wii Sports would be left to the Pilotwings stage, but I admit it adds popularity. As for your Nintendoland melody… I like it. Pretty good choice there. You added a bunch of popularity and variety in one simple shot. I’d go as far to say that the combination of Doctor Mario, Cough, Cow Racing, and Nintendoland makes yours by far the most “popular” list. However, I must confess that Cow Racing, Wii Sports, and Nintendoland all lack that certain fit to them. Still, a very solid risk and I liked that medley at the end. Keep throwing surprises like that in… eventually, you’ll make something so powerful I’ll be forced to give you the perfect score.

Jumpman84
Wii Fit Fit: 8
Notes: I don’t think Mii Maker is odd at all. It fits pretty well and is important to the Wii as a whole… and it’s downright catchy. Mario and Sonic is a more risky choice… and it also pays off pretty well. Not the most fitting… but it adds popularity and variety. Wii Sport’s theme still goes better with Pilotwings than Wii Fit (all of the sports in the original still take place on Wuhu Island), but it’s nevertheless a very popular song. Overall, your list was very solid... I'd be satisfied with it!

Toxicroaker
Notes: PENGUIN! Hello, old friend! That song is extremely catchy, and it fits to Wii Fit while adding variety from the quieter themes usually found there.I like Get in Shape and Wii Party… as I’ve said before, though, Wii Sports music would better be located on Pilotwings (Wakeboarding isn’t even as poplar or important as the main theme itself, though). Nice list, but could be improved a bit in all areas.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Frostwraith's Grades"]Brawler610

Importance: 9/10
Popularity: 8/10
Variety: 8/10
Fit: 9/10
Total: 34/40

Considering this is the Wii Fit stage, it's hard to say if the tracks from the game are popular or not, but it seems that the soundtrack as a whole is well received. Also, you've included Dr. Mario from Melee which is a popular song from the well-known Mario series.
The tracks fit the stage well, being something you could hear at a real life gym with a touch of Nintendo. I like how you made a similar approach to Brawl's PictoChat listing.

FalKoopa

Fit: 8/10
Total: 33/40

Question: Why the song from Wii Music? It hardly fits the stage.
Anyway, your list is varied and has a wide array of tracks from the Wii games. Can't really say much on the songs' popularity, though.

legendofrob1

I think you could have been a little more creative with the song choices, instead of relying on Wii Fit music too much.
Like I said before, judging the popularity of these songs is difficult, but I can say that you picked a few iconic tracks of the Wii games.

Ascended

Popularity: 9/10
Total: 35/40

Not bad. I like the idea of that medley with training themes (although the Kid Icarus: Uprising song is actually the first level song, but still) and could fit the stage.
The Wii Sports Resort works on this stage, but would be better fitting for the Wuhu Island stage, although Wuhu Island is being presented more as a Pilotwings stage.

Violenceman

Importance: 8/10

You have some good choices of tracks, but there's the very questionable Athletic World song that isn't even from a Nintendo game, so while it fits the stage, it's hardly an important song for Nintendo as a whole.

Starphoenix

Variety: 9/10

Another list that reminds me of the PictoChat stage from Brawl. Not that it's a bad thing.
Your list is a good representation of the Wii games as a whole, while having a nice throwback to the NES times. The DDR song fits the stage surprisingly well.

Ariand/AEM

Good list, if I do say so myself. All songs fit the stage nicely and you have good representation of the more casual side of Nintendo.

BridgesWithTurtles

Opting for an overall representation of the Wii series? Not bad. I can say that most songs fit the stage well and you have songs from several Wii titles and applications.

APC99

Popularity: 9/10

I like the Nintendo Land idea, being similar to Smash in some ways and being part of the Wii series as well. I think the Wii Sports Resort song would be better on another stage, but it fits here too.

Jumpman84

Importance: 8/10

Another good list in my opinion. The Mario & Sonic song fits the stage well, although it's a bid of an oddball song. Like the Mii Maker medley idea: I think with proper arrangement, the songs would blend well.

Toxicroaker

The Wii Sports Resort song would work better on another stage, but it isn't too bad here either. I also think you could have chosen a few more upbeat songs.
[/collapse]

[collapse="TumblrFamous' Grades"]This was so hard….

Brawler610
Fit: 9
Notes: Very good tracks, I believe. Very popular, catchy, and most of them are decently important to their franchises. I didn’t dock you that much for variety, but there was quite a bit of Wii Fit music on there. But you have Dr. Mario, which I believe to be very necessary for the stage.

Falkoopa
Fit: 10
Notes: Pretty well-done. The Wii Music was definitely the cause of some of the docked points, as was having not a lot of other songs from different Wii brand games. But other than that, very nice.

legendofrob1
Notes: Pretty good selection of music. While most of it did come from Wii Fit, which I had to dock a bit from, they were all generally well-known and popular songs.

Ascended
Notes: I LOVE the training medley. But I took off a point for fit as I don’t think the Sports Resort feels like it should be on there. But kudos, it was a very good list with an amazing medley to finish it off.

Violenceman
Fit: 8
Notes: I had to dock on Step Dance and Athletic World. They didn’t seem to fit very well with the stage, but I did enjoy the medley. A decent selection of music.

Starphoenix
Fit: 7
Total: 33
Notes: There were many calm and relaxing songs on there. While not necessarily a bad thing, it just does not fully fit with the stage. I believe one was enough. And for your medley of lost music tracks, they were kinda lost for a reason. I didn’t see anything important about them.

Ariand/AEM
Total: 38
Notes: One of the best so far. You picked very popular, important, diverse, and fitting songs. I agree with your view on Dr. Mario with adding one per game, but it isn’t completely important or popular. But awesome job regardless!

BridgesWithTurtles
Variety: 7
Total: 31
Notes: You only have songs from three universes: The Wii, one from Wii Sports, and Wii Fit. You should have gone for more diverse and fitting songs, though the Wii Fit songs were spot on.

APC99
Notes: Very good choices. I especially love the Nintendoland medley, one of the best medleys I’ve seen for this stage. Some choices weren’t too popular or fitting, but generally an excellent selection.

Jumpman84
Notes: I love the Mii Maker medley. Sure, some people don’t like it, but it is very well-known and important to the latest Nintendo systems. So a good selection of choices, there wasn’t anything that wrong with it.

Toxicroaker
Notes: Some of the songs weren’t very fitting, but they were all generally known and important. It was a very nice selection of choices, nothing wrong with most of them.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Final Grades"]
Brawler610: 140
Falkoopa: 140 (Heh. Two in a row. Kinda cool.)
Legendofrob1: 140 (Holy crap! Three of the same score in a row!)
Ascended: 145
Violenceman: 136
StarPhoenix: 141
Ariand/AEM: 149
BridgesWithTurtles: 140 (Another 140!)
APC99: 142
Jumpman84: 140 (Guh! More!)
Toxicroaker: 136
[/collapse]

Alright. It appears that this round's winner is....

Ariand/AEM!

Congratulations! I'll update the first post with your list. As usual you all have time to mull over the results. If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D

D

Deleted member

Wow! A five way tie!

I think I should have done a Wii Play Melody and a Wii Party Melody instead of just the two Wii Play songs. I know that I did include a lot of Wii Fit songs and I guess I should have added more variety to the listing. Most of the songs I chose were from my experiences with Wii Fit and what I saw would fit in this stage. And yes, I did have some inspiration with the Pictochat stage and that's seen with Charged! and Dr. Mario. I saw Dr. Mario really fit with the stage and that's why I decided to include it. (also mostly because of irony for the song actually being called "Fever" and you are in a gym getting healthy; hahaha!)

I can't wait for the next stage! I hope it's not the Nintendogs or Fire Emblem stage.

BTW, congrats to the winner!

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
A five way tie ain't bad at all. But it would have been nice to have that victory...

Um, Swampasaur? About Mario and Sonic being owned by Nintendo? Funny you should mention that... Cause the game was... kinda developed... by Sega. But Nintendo worked REALLY closely with them, so it sorta counts. We still cool, right? ...Right?

No, wait! Please- (watches helplessly as my score plummets to zero) Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh, and congrats, AEM. Your strategy paid off big time.

(sniff) My beautiful score... Even after working my tail off for that quality recording...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Um, Swampasaur? About Mario and Sonic being owned by Nintendo? Funny you should mention that... Cause the game was... kinda developed... by Sega. But Nintendo worked REALLY closely with them, so it sorta counts. We still cool, right? ...Right?

No, wait! Please- (watches helplessly as my score plummets to zero) Noooooooooooooooooooo!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Negative points! :troll:

In all seriousness, I think Nintendo owns some of the rights to that. I'll let that pass.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

THE GAME.
(seriously thought great job everybody)

Also Groose, I did think of the Wii Sports theme being on the Pilotwings stage but I felt like it was necessary to have Miis intertwined with The Gym somehow (since Miis are still the stars). Wii Sports kinda fits on both stages, but I think it's little too slow when you compare to how fast that plane moves (Judging from Sonic's trailer and all) in the Pilotwings stage. So I decided to keep it on my list.

also thanks robert for your opinion on my list before I posted it <3333333333 cri

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
WOOT WOOT! Tied for last YAY!!! :awesome: Oh... You say last isn't good? Think what you think I ain't no sore loser I am happy for the experience:seuss:.
Ok my reason on wake boarding was that it is a very active activity and... yea... My first impulse was the cycling but I didn't like the music.

Top Bottom