• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

*facepalm*

I was joking you guys are dumb as **** lmao

also lol I didn't realise LC would be 5th on some list but still loool at people taking an obvious dumb comment from myself seriously

and I live in Glenfield where literally nothing ****ing happens besides 2 OAPs fighting down the local club
The only person who took it seriously was Calzum. Myself and BB had a laugh out of this.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
tbh it sounded like you where pritty srs, normally if you troll you use more capitals and spell things... well more troll liek lol

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
omg callum how can you be so dumb :confused:

also why are you in the UK BRAWL thread, this is obviously proving that you like Brawl > Melee. Stop denying it Cal.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Why is everyone taking me seriously all of a sudden :confused:

I used to be the troll (still am lol) that no one took seriously but people are now like U SRS WILLZ????

dumb niqqaz

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
basically kid, if you post something normally like you just did, get proven wrong and then say that you were 'joking' it sounds a bit daft because unless you expect people to either read your mind or take every post you make as being the opposite to what you think, it makes it looks like you were just covering your tracks :laugh:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
the fact that you took the post seriously as well is quite worrying Ben... maybe you should just go sit down and and chill out by drinking some ****ing orange juice YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol i just find it funny that cal actually had to check whether I was right about saying LC has the highest crime rate in the whole of the UK when it's obviously ****ing not and I was saying it was Grimsby like a week ago loool

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I would have liked to have made a delightful introduction to myself in this thread, get to know you all, perhaps even pull out some tea and scones and invite you to dinner English style

But looking back, I now realise you're all just biggoted old women

(****ing Sue...)

But no really, Hi :)

The Filth

Smash Lord
Ignore willz/calzum/brado, they're our resident spammers.

And most people kicking off are melee players :3

So yeah, where do y'all live bro, and who do you play?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ignore willz/calzum/brado, they're our resident spammers.

And most people kicking off are melee players :3

So yeah, where do y'all live bro, and who do you play?
D:
I live in West Yorkshire, Leeds is like 20 mins away via the train
I don't really play anyone lol which is why I'm screwing up the courage to post here. The only people I do play are online players/people from AiB and a couple of friends offline. Basically, I'm sick of the combination of being hit/comboed by unrealistic rubbish thanks to lag and 3 stocking all my friends and having them tell me how much they hate my 'Kicky move, Crown and Vegetables'. They don't visit SWF so I've been trying to teach them stuff I've learnt off the site. They're getting better and we all have good fun but I've always wanted to go to some kind of tournament-esque/competitive event with Smash Bros. :p Well, with Brawl anyway, I would hope I'd be capable of putting up a fight in Brawl. I'm dreadful at Melee, since I started playing Brawl any skill (not that I had any lol) I had with Melee has disappeared. I have to resort to running around with Falcon showing my moves and throwing out knees

I've been labelled D:
I hope its not a sticky label, those things hurt if you pull them off
...yea

The Filth

Smash Lord
Haha you're in luck, we have me in Sheffield and Anakin in Barnsley.

I live in manchester outside of term times, but if me or anakin ever host we'll post on here, feel free to come along :3

If anakin holds a fest, calzorz usually turns up too, turns into a gathering of most of our best players. Lucky you =]

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Haha you're in luck, we have me in Sheffield and Anakin in Barnsley.

I live in manchester outside of term times, but if me or anakin ever host we'll post on here, feel free to come along :3

If anakin holds a fest, calzorz usually turns up too, turns into a gathering of most of our best players. Lucky you =]
That's very kind of you :p I am determined to go to one of these competitive things one of these days, I'm just very apprehensive of what people might say about it...my sense of direction is also absolutely dreadful, I am very concerned about getting lost

Hopefully if I came along I'd be able to bring a friend or something, my brother said he come if I ever needed support or something. I'm normally stupidly busy but everything is now starting to come to a close...minus exams of course, got to get them out of the way lol

The Filth

Smash Lord
Yeah exams always slow **** down. This summers looking busy though, looks liek the old manchester tournaments are starting up again soon courtesy of smudge, I'm also planning a large brawl tourney in Bolton (bout 5 mins train from manchester). Even if you're a busy guy there should be enough going on for you to make at least one.

Always nice to see fresh meat anyhow, hope to see y'all at some event coming up <3

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Sounds good :) I'd love to come along and attend one, I'll make sure I try and pluck up lots of Bob-ombs for that day ;D

Out of curiosity, whats the general reception for this kind of stuff? I've always felt the idea of competitive gaming (especially with a game like Smash Bros.) would bring a ridiculed/bad stigma about it, Smash Bros. is certainly something I keep quiet about around my non nerd friends lol
And where is this kind of stuff held? Someone's house? A venue of some sort? A palace made of gold?

Sorry for all the questions, I've never been to any of these kinds of things before :p

The Filth

Smash Lord
Nah its reet, im happy to help.

Where somethings hosted depends on what kind of smash thingy it is. Usually a gathering at someone's house is called a fest, which is usually just a get together, maybe with an impromptu tournament.

Then you have things like ranbats (Ranking Battles), which are a series of tournaments turned into a league, and after the end of the season points are counted up etc.

You have tournaments, which are usually just stand alone, pay your entry fee, play and have a good time. These can be called weeklies/ biweeklies / monthlies etc (you get the idea)

Then you have nationals, which are the main events. They're the biggest, and draw the most crowds, these are where you get the proper competition and bigger pots.

If y'all send us you msn address or something I can talk you through anything you wanna know =]

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
then we have EU tournements l which players travel across Euroupe to enter these things,
there are usually held in a big venue packed full of smashers, these can go on for like 3 days.

do you play any Melee dude

WE IZ NOT TROLLS

The Filth

Smash Lord
I didn't mention trolling anywhere, that would be implying anyone with any sense gets trolled by your shennanigans :3

Also, read 7 posts up from this one and slap yourself bish.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I edited most that out anyway so i could add on to your post^.^

Edit:
I do say Rickerdy-doo-da-day i do like your sig, i will steal it one day

also put a Pokemon in your avi, its all the rage these days

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol guys, I can spot trolling don't worry, no offense taken :p

Soooo do these ranbant things happen very often then? How often do tourneys and stuff happen in general? Seems like a heck of a lot of organisation to get something like that sorted out

Nah I don't play Melee cause my disk doesn't work and I'm terrible at it lol. I never learnt how to wavedash or L cancel (I only learnt what they were about a year or so ago lol). Its something I've always to play well though, some of the stuff you people do in Melee is super impressive...and much faster in comparison to Brawl :p

And thankyou I'm glad you like my sig <3 but I'm going to be a cool kid and stick with Sonic as my avi cause he's amazing

But not in Brawl, he's **** in Brawl :<

I have to admit I was really took by surprise when I found out ranbants and stuff actually happen, I was always under the impression that nobody played Brawl xD Nice to see that I'm wrong
But yea, I'll definitly be keeping my eyes peeled for one of these things and provided I can find the time/money (and get my parents approval which might be tedious) I'd love to come along :p

The Filth

Smash Lord
Well recently there's been a lot of drama kicking off about that, but things are on the right track now.

Things should start picking up in the next few weeks, so just hold out a little longer. Get training for your first tourney, you're going to need it son :3

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Rickerdy, you totally remind me of me when i started coming to fests and stuff last year. I totally get your apprehensiveness, the first fest i went to was in louth (i live in birmingham) so was a long drive and involved me staying at a house with a load of guys i didn't know. There was like 12 of us in this tiny house, but it was seriously awsome. Since then ive been going to loads of player hosted tournies and fests, heck Anakin tends to hold week long fests every now and then and they're very chilled. its just a load of guys hanging out, getting to know eachother better, sleeping too late, have anakins mom threaten to send us all home and eat too much junk food. Its the fests that make brawl what it is, comunity spirit and all that i guess.

Hope you make one of these fests/ranbats that'll be goin on soon (Y)

Haha Rick <3!!!. Good to see you posting here man.
I wouldn't make a habit of it though

I hope you start coming to tournies man, I want to see your sexy Peach in action.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
MTR the koffing strikes again

ohay guys, not coming to calzorz's smashfest, so see y'all at the expo?

edg11

Smash Rookie
Wow, O_O

I didn't realize that this many people from the UK were on this Site.

Guys does anyone know any offline UK Brawl Tournaments?

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
Hmmm.....Anybody want to practice offline sometime?
Hit me up, yes, i live in manchester, only know of one other person who does too :<

Top Bottom