• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ben we have 2 nationals being planned and I'm taking care of the London brawl bi-weeklies, so now is a good time (I'm playing again now too!)

No, no it does not

Needs moar melee >:3
Are you really going to stay in denial about loving brawl? If you were handed both of the games on a platter, you'd play brawl and probably john about it.

In other words, stop lying to yourself

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
KJ saying what I've known for ages. Cal stop pretending to hate Brawl you love playing it more than Melee ffs

Smudge

Smash Lord
I feel sick reading this **** day in and day out, I really do.

We talk about getting things done, then troll each other, talk and troll, talk and troll, blah blah blah.

Any time anyone tres to get anywhere, two morons try to look big on the internet by getting a 'smarky' comment in.

I'm getting sick of it, nothing is getting done. There hasn't been a EM tournament announced in ages, NW is starting to rebuild, but I'm still waiting on Gamerbase. I realise Calz and Andy are holding minifest, and props on the effort, but minifest where Max 10 is there isn't gonna rebuild a scene.

This thread shouldn't be called Official SSBB Thread, it's just a bunch of kids bickering trying to be cool.

I want the Brawl scene that was hear 8 months ago back, where there was a tournament I could travel too every week.

I HAVE MONEY TO WASTE AND THERE IS NO HOOKERS IN CONGLETON!

Get it sorted.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
im doing a mini fest to have freinds round enjoy smash and improve not for rebuilding the scene s****horpe just isnt the place to host , hard to get to costs alot to get here and coach stations are very limited so ima have to leave it up to some1 else to host a tourny (how about going down to gamerbase smudge and asking them to there face rather than waiting for a email or whatever)

Smudge, there will always be somebody like you who wants to change this scene, and if you honestly believe that others are not trying, then you are just as much to blame as they are.

Five people in London are trying to get some stuff together, even one in Cambridge, but to be frank, there really is not much hope left for this scene anymore. It's falling apart at the ridges and soon we will all just be friends who play smash together, which to be quite honest, is what I wanted from the beginning. Many people have heard me say this; I hate tournaments, but the community is what I really like. Just relaxing and playing some smash.

Calz makes a good suggestion. I heard good things about those gamerbase tournies that you guys had a while back and if you're looking to rebuild the scene, there is a good space to start, but as of right now, what with exams being on right now, and the holidays not coming up for a while, we are going to be pretty dead.

Jolteon

I feel sick reading this **** day in and day out, I really do.

We talk about getting things done, then troll each other, talk and troll, talk and troll, blah blah blah.

Any time anyone tres to get anywhere, two morons try to look big on the internet by getting a 'smarky' comment in.

I'm getting sick of it, nothing is getting done. There hasn't been a EM tournament announced in ages, NW is starting to rebuild, but I'm still waiting on Gamerbase. I realise Calz and Andy are holding minifest, and props on the effort, but minifest where Max 10 is there isn't gonna rebuild a scene.

This thread shouldn't be called Official SSBB Thread, it's just a bunch of kids bickering trying to be cool.

I want the Brawl scene that was hear 8 months ago back, where there was a tournament I could travel too every week.

I HAVE MONEY TO WASTE AND THERE IS NO HOOKERS IN CONGLETON!

Get it sorted.
Things are getting done. =) Several nationals are being planned and there's my monthlies. fyi, I'm planning for my monthlies to be BIG and not just exclusive to London players only, which should hopefully help a lot with rebuilding the NW+EM scene, bring in a lot of new talent and most importantly bring all of the regions TOGETHER. Why do we need to seperate by region exactly? We all play the same **** game. xD

tl;dr Come to the London monthlies, I need a big NW turn out too!

Smudge

Smash Lord
You get my rant wrong, I'm not trying to change the scene, I trying to help get it back to what it was.

If you must know I have been to Gamerbase, they took my e-mail and said they'd get in touch with free dates when they knew, that's why I'm waiting.

It's funny how people start to spark up when they think there being questioned, I'm not saying that no-ones doing nothing, it's just theres no hype anymore, everything just seems all talk nowadays, theres no dates to look forward to. It's always TBA or 'The Summer'

I'm not taking digs here at anyone, I have alot of respect for a fair few people on her and know that peeps are pulling together, it's just not happening as fast as I'd like it, maybe it's just me being impatient.

Jolteon

Look forward to June 26th, though it's a while away, we can't do one in May unfortunately. >_>

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Smudge 'it's just a bunch of kids bickering trying to be cool.' :laugh:

cmon though guys. Theres no need to get all pesimistic about things when there are events happening as well as people who are actively trying to host things even if they are small events. Look at the melee scene- small events are even harder to come by but you don't see us getting emotional about it, you just host when you can.

I think if some of the London brawlers can look into whether they can have people round that would be good. Since London has a good amount of brawl players, it can have a pretty good turnout :)

After all this talk, I may even be tempted to host a brawl national

Dooan's planning on hosting a brawl national don't forget!! Good times are a comin!!

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Smudge 'it's just a bunch of kids bickering trying to be cool.' :laugh:

cmon though guys. Theres no need to get all pesimistic about things when there are events happening as well as people who are actively trying to host things even if they are small events. Look at the melee scene- small events are even harder to come by but you don't see us getting emotional about it, you just host when you can.

I think if some of the London brawlers can look into whether they can have people round that would be good. Since London has a good amount of brawl players, it can have a pretty good turnout :)

After all this talk, I may even be tempted to host a brawl national

Dooan's planning on hosting a brawl national don't forget!! Good times are a comin!!
lol i can never host, my endz just doesnt allow it

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
loool you guys are pussys, where I live has like the highest crime in the whole of the UK yet I host tourney STEP IT UP

lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I don't know if Alex would be up for hosting a brawl event, but there are a LOT of brawl players in London and none of them can house? Can no-one in London invite people round or something?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
*facepalm*

I was joking you guys are dumb as **** lmao

also lol I didn't realise LC would be 5th on some list but still loool at people taking an obvious dumb comment from myself seriously

and I live in Glenfield where literally nothing ****ing happens besides 2 OAPs fighting down the local club

Top Bottom