• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
il always hate the matchup , but most chars can **** snake like that off stage / in air just in u.k there isnt enough people to punish him in the air like anaky

altho marth does it best , even ike can **** snake / **** his landings lol
100X this

people dont listen

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I was saying this for months, just got laughed at =]
well i could tell it wasnt good, it was jsut the sh33r amounts of prediction on andy's part just caused destruction. i can agree that he was the better player this tournament and i feel quite accomplished by giving him a reasonably tough set (in which i dont think he was sandbagging XD)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
the thing is, yeah andy did read well but its fairly easy to read snake when hes in the air. he has so few options, and marth is marth...

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Anaky Says:

Lolz, i was just remembering something then, Charles said when Ixis was commentating, something about it being slightly in Snakes favour, then Cong came in and said, i just wanna say that this guy doesnt know what hes talkign about, its definatly in Marths favour. I WAS LMFAO WHEN CONG SAID THAT SRS.

But yeah it is in marth favour lol, it has been for the past year, it hasnt just become like 70/30 Marths favour xD, u guys try beat Calz with Marth, its rly hard and takes alot of time and patience, gotta know what move to do and when, cant just use fair for every aid dodge lol.

OR EVEN BEAT MY SNAKE (WITH MARTH), none of you could cept Calz prolly.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Guys! ive got some bad bad news!

the venue people have told us that they have had to cancel our confirmation for the 19th feb as there is some kind of emergency...

i am really sorry but this is completely out of our hands. Send me an email if you have booked your tickets to london already and we will try and sort it out for you.

again im sorry everyone :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I can't hear any of you over the sound of me being right.

Must suck being wrong. Not that I'd know.
i never said it wasnt marths favour, i jsut said i didnt think it was that bad XD
snake isnt second best anymore, the tier list needs fixing fast

The Filth

Smash Lord
i never said it wasnt marths favour, i jsut said i didnt think it was that bad XD
snake isnt second best anymore, the tier list needs fixing fast
I don't say this for reactions or to create drama, ive been saying it because i believe its true.

The matchup is still not GRIM for snake. Its marth's favour, but by no more than 6-4 at worst. Snakes strong enough to deal with any matchup he can get bullied in, but as a snake main back in the day I guess I just wanted people to understand that the character I chose to play wasn't as faceroll as people made out.

Also as good as andy is at reading, it's really not that hard to just wait for an airdodge when you outspeed someone in the air, and like, all your aerials outrange anything they have. Vs marth snake has literally no safe options once he's in the air.

Enjoy my first and last mini wall of text, I hope you all learn some perspective about this game, otherwise none of you will catch the top 3. Loook for empirical fact rather than speculative/blind wishes.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I don't say this for reactions or to create drama, ive been saying it because i believe its true.

The matchup is still not GRIM for snake. Its marth's favour, but by no more than 6-4 at worst. Snakes strong enough to deal with any matchup he can get bullied in, but as a snake main back in the day I guess I just wanted people to understand that the character I chose to play wasn't as faceroll as people made out.

Also as good as andy is at reading, it's really not that hard to just wait for an airdodge when you outspeed someone in the air, and like, all your aerials outrange anything they have. Vs marth snake has literally no safe options once he's in the air.

Enjoy my first and last mini wall of text, I hope you all learn some perspective about this game, otherwise none of you will catch the top 3. Loook for empirical fact rather than speculative/blind wishes.
someone had a poor day :p
yeah i know that stuffs, and i also know that unless some ape**** occurs i wont be reaching top 3 either, but i do know ive improved, which has been done through observation rather than shedloads of facts. which didnt get me very far

The Filth

Smash Lord
Teehee, I had a pretty good day actually, good days make me honest <3

Plus I should have said look for facts and see how to apply them to the game, For example ROB's Ftilt :3

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I actually completely forgot GP switched to ROB up until I had some friendlies against him before the tourney start. I expected him to go Ike.

All I'm going to say is ... well, either I just lack MU experience or his ROB is > his Ike.

And I hate ROB's tilts. D:

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Fact 1: Diddy is definatly 2nd best, followed by Snake and Falco, then Marth and Wario.

Fact 2: Marth vs Snake is definatly 100% without a doubt 55/45 to Marth at this stage in the metagame.

Fact 3: If you wanna get top3, well theres no real explanation, theres so many things to do, ur not gonna be top3 overnight.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Fact 1: Snake being 3rd best and not 2nd does not give the brawlers a right to flame Melee players who say Snake is 2nd, its hardly a big difference.

Fact 2: Again, if a matchup is 55/45 its EVEN (or as close to even as your going to get) very few matchups in Smash are actually 50/50. No point arguing about a matchup if its pretty much even anyway.

Fact 3: Agree completely.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I don't see any flaming.

Plus I believe the only person who's been in the slightest aggressive was me. Me being someone who plays neither games really, not everything is about your petty brawl vs melee thing, some of us can't really care less =]

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I was not on talking about people talking on the boards. I'm referring to in person.

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
from anaky : Lol i didnt know ppl were flaming each other, and 55/45 is pretty much even yes xD, but one character has something slightly over the other which makes them exel slightly more in the MU.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Teehee, I had a pretty good day actually, good days make me honest <3

Plus I should have said look for facts and see how to apply them to the game, For example ROB's Ftilt :3
ask miller and cloud (and apparently k.mac too) about my rob, its improved loads
however getting andy and shay in bracket wasnt the nicest thnig ever XD

also, checkedo ut tournament venue today, its only the most perfect thnig to grace the earth!
but if someone can tell me which wire i plud into the back of a computer monitor to get computer games to play through it (one that plugs into the main cable on a tv) and then name of it i will be grateful, and almost all tv's will be computer monitors XD
and two holy****cuk 40 inch tv's XD

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I thought GP was better than Shay... Shay isnt THAT good. certainly not a contender for top 5... perhaps top 8 or 10... Damn I hate that Shay isnt gonna see this post.

inb4Shayisbetterthanyou
inb4losttokmactwice

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I thought GP was better than Shay... Shay isnt THAT good. certainly not a contender for top 5... perhaps top 8 or 10... Damn I hate that Shay isnt gonna see this post.

inb4Shayisbetterthanyou
inb4losttokmactwice
shay is probably similar to me, possibly better. however zero suit-rob is 65:35 (the rob boards think that, apparently its 60:40 on bbr, which is more like it)
im also gonna john and say i was real mentally drained after my game with andy which i went a lot closer with than i expected.
but im flattered you think im better than a top ten contender...not jsut yet at least XD

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Actually the venue is Josef Fritzl's basement.

It's actually really comfortable and has MI6 level security.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
ask miller and cloud (and apparently k.mac too) about my rob, its improved loads
however getting andy and shay in bracket wasnt the nicest thnig ever XD
I eventually got J.Miller. How do you think I feel, since I've NEVER taken a game off of his ROB?

Though this time (probably because of the friendlies with you) the matches were so close that the last game came down to rock-paper-scissors, pretty much ... and I lost. xD

But still, I was surprised when you went ROB in the friendlies (because I forgot) and then I was further surprised by how good it was. It's obviously not miller-level yet, but you can't expect to automatically pull a metaknight when you pick up a new character (unless of course, you in fact picked up meta knight.) :awesome:

Also I still have nightmares about that match against slurp in losers bracket. I still refuse to believe that I somehow managed to pull that win off. o_o

inb4losttokmactwice
lol.

edit

I just realised this is my 1,005th post. go me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP where is this venue?
it is in thetford town centre, dont worry, its only a 5 minute walk to the venue from the train and bus station (little close for bus station)
screw you brado XD
also, thank kmac. its all good to know its improving, now for germany XD

Calzorz

Smash Lord
YAY, Tournament are back, have to try and make it down to these, be good to get back into the scene.

How's everyone been anyway?
tournament are back? dude 1 just happend 5 days ago , and u always say the same thing about coming to 1 of these lool

Smudge

Smash Lord
tournament are back? dude 1 just happend 5 days ago , and u always say the same thing about coming to 1 of these lool
It does seem that way yes, and it is my fault, I post on here and then it just slips my mind completely. No excuses, I just appear to be a massive flake.

I am however trying to change this, although no matter what I post, nothing will change until I actually show up =D

Top Bottom