• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Can someone make a post explaining event info/venue info etc? I want to add it to the UK thread.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Yo Andy, be a good beach and post this into the OP.

Venue:
Peabody The Old Laundry
Priory Green Estate
London
N1 9DG

Walking distance from Kings Cross St Pancras Station, you can CLiCK HERE for a map of the area and you can put in your postcode for directions.

Time: 1pm - 6pm(possibly later? you guys let me know) sign up will end at 2pm, anyone who arrives later than that will not be signed up as the brackets will be made already by then and you will be doomed to friendlies only.

Venue fee: £6
Singles Entry Fee: £5
Doubles Entry Fee: £5? lol

(winnings will be split 70:20:10)
bleh.

EDIT: G-P, everyone with a phone and internet has the resources to do everything I've done so far.
Alex, feel free to post this in the UK monthly thread. <3 ya for it.

Jolteon

I've added the new brawl monthly to the thread =] I'll update which post it is when Andy puts it into the first page.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
il be drinking lots of redbull/relentless tho i find it helps me be more creative / react faster
Yeah, that's called a 'sugar rush' mang, it's why I usually bring like 2-3 cans of Rockstar up to yours whenever I come over (or why I stocked up on Relentless last time I went to London)

also St. Pancras train station? You can get to there direct from Sheffield (if my memory serves me correctly it's the same route that goes through Leicester) unless there's more than one train station called "St. Pancras" >_>

all I remember is (for calz and me) Scunny -> leicester is £30, so I guess getting to London from Scunny will be £40-50?

Just wanted to say something on that. trains > coaches in speed/comfort but you pay like 3 times as ****ing much for it. -.-

In other news, calz, can you come over and utilt the guy who lives next door? his music is driving me berserk. :mad:

edit

"Anaky Is Best Player In UK Social Thread"
Impossible, if you're having to go META KNIGHT.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Yo Andy, be a good beach and post this into the OP.

Venue:
Peabody The Old Laundry
Priory Green Estate
London
N1 9DG

Walking distance from Kings Cross St Pancras Station, you can CLiCK HERE for a map of the area and you can put in your postcode for directions.

Time: 1pm - 6pm(possibly later? you guys let me know) sign up will end at 2pm, anyone who arrives later than that will not be signed up as the brackets will be made already by then and you will be doomed to friendlies only.

Venue fee: £6
Singles Entry Fee: £5
Doubles Entry Fee: £5? lol

(winnings will be split 70:20:10)
bleh.

EDIT: G-P, everyone with a phone and internet has the resources to do everything I've done so far.
Alex, feel free to post this in the UK monthly thread. <3 ya for it.
doesnt leave enough time to play both singles and doubles, youll have to extend it bmack

Jolteon

It does if you're me. :awesome:

Nah but he does have a point, especially if you're a new host finishing at 6pm is really pushing it.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
also St. Pancras train station? You can get to there direct from Sheffield (if my memory serves me correctly it's the same route that goes through Leicester) unless there's more than one train station called "St. Pancras" >_>
yeah its the huge, awesome St Pancras. thought that'd be easier for ppl.

doesnt leave enough time to play both singles and doubles, youll have to extend it bmack
It does if you're me. :awesome:

Nah but he does have a point, especially if you're a new host finishing at 6pm is really pushing it.
fine, fine... finish at 8? it gets more expensive after 6pm so venue fee may have to go up :s

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
anaky is actually making it tougher for him by puting himself on the same side of bracket as me ,

but usually its 2nd and 3rd on the same side why the change when thats the rules? this kid really dont wana see me win hahah

salty?
Ii just dont wanna end up facing Keith in WS like every other time, besides that seeding is also good and can be used. As well as this:

1 3 6 8
2 4 5 7

As long as both rows add up to 18 its fine, so i could put myself in the easy side of the bracket.

Edit: Had to remove this flaming.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Thread for this tournament is now here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291497
Also Andy, I've extended the time to 8pm and as it's more expensive for me by then, venue fee is up to £7 :s
the more people show up, the lower the venue fee will be.

we are going to go ahead with doubles... although I'll reduce the entry fee to £3 to encourage more ppl to enter and offset the venue fee increase.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, you're giving some poor scrubs a terirble time by not seeding me.

I don't even give a ****, but if im having bracket matches like how I treated people like kuan in pools, I don't even enjoy that ****.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Also, double posting cause im a ****ing baller

BMac is at the end of the path I could have taken. ToS style.

Big up actually going through with this **** rather than getting furious and hating everything round you like I did, bless

Jolteon

Farewell my shadow, you who lie at the end of the path I chose not to follow. /emo

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh im not condemning anything, im just saying most people could have done this much, but then youre awesome enough to also have a venue naer to your residence AND near to a large train station at the same time.
ive said i would host on countless times if it wasnt for the extortionate price of travel to where i live.

that being said im thinknig of asking the college if i can rent a section of it for a tournament, however its a fair walk from the train station so all you londoners would be pooped XP

B.Mack

Smash Ace
just pray you dont get me this time GP... just pray...

edit: oh ****, GP is actually using a decent character now. I'm screwed.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Darran if SmashUK isnt working by tomorrow evening go ahead and make a new one.

SMASHUK MSN iS BACK BIATCHESSSS!

Please don't double post, Baron_Mack. Use the edit function.

G.P, I predict that you'll get Slurpz first round. Is it true he can't handle the R.O.B?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Is it generally a bad MU for ICs or is just a more personal thing?
a mix of both, theres a dispute as to whether its even or 55:45 r.o.bs favour, theres the minor fact that rob can truly neutralise all icies camping while still firing off lasers (gyro doesnt even slow down when ice blocks hit it)
and shlurps hates r.o.b too, dat d-smash

@bmack: you were screwed when i mained a bad character, wat ya gonna do nao XP

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I wont make u guys play 1st round bcuz of regional purposes, unless your not really fussed il just leave it if thats how it randomizes.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
The best thing to do is Seed the top 8 players, so they definatly wont encounter each other the first round. As well as making the bracket different than previous times and making sure people from the same reason dont face each other first round.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
random bracket is truely best bracket
well 1sy 8 need seeding obviously, but other than that im ok. im confident in my r.o.b to dsmash his life away
a wise r.o.b once said: luckily i main r.o.b so i can force nana to make sweet love to me at the blastzone

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Man at least Computing Courses have something good about them, you can go o Smashboards in lesson!

Top Bottom