• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
on certain stages (like halberd) to can hit through the bottom of the main platform, sharking is attacking an opponent standing on the main stage from underneath them, its all fine and dandy for them untill the guy up the top gets anoyed and spikes them

Calzorz

Smash Lord
il give my view on the stages and yes melee players WE ALL KNOW THE TO DECIDES WHAT STAGES ARE ALLOWED , THIS IS A DISCUSSION

Starter/Counter

* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island
* Smashville
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium
* Final Destination
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd

im fine with all these as starters to be fair lol just shows my usual cps are all seen as neutrals

Counterpick

Luigi's Mansion = back in the day this stage was legal in tournys and REALLY wasent that bad until olimar was found to be awsome on it , it just makes olimar far more powerful than the rest of the cast on here picture it , an olimar is vsing you your trying to apraoch (olimar outcamps most of the cast other than falco) he can throw pikmin at you from behind the pillar and you cant do a thing about it without taking lots of %(as if i didnt hate olimar vs snake already) , also on the lower part of this stage u can hit/throw some1 of the roof into a jab lock if they miss the tech thats always fun xD

Norfair= this stage use to be a cp back in the old days too i cant say i have a problem with it ( but it helps metaknight even more if people complained be4 most of these stages just help metaknight) its also good for people with z ledge grab (survive til high% if its timed corectly and you di down) to be fair i see no problem with norfair

Frigate Orpheon = has always been a cp im fine with it good stage

Pokémon Stadium 2= a stage that changes gravity has running machines which interupt fighting ALOT worst stage ever i hated ps1 due to the windmill and tree where in a srs match some1 is on 1 side the other is on another and no1 aproaches til the tree is moved get rid of ps2, in ps2 i dont mind the starting area thats fine the ground bit is fine but the ice bit , the air (gravity changing one) and the running machine one just interfear with the match to much

Port Town Aero Dive = cant say iv played this stage alot but im willing to give it a go after all its just like mute city in melee yet thats legal at some tournys ( also chars cant grab the ledge here so once ur hit of most chars recovary will be punished by there landing lag) FREE SNAKE F SMASH :laugh: also cars can kill prety early %

Distant Planet= ******** to even be considerd a tourny stage / the main part of the stage = a bouncing leaf that messes up spacing / what ur trying to do because it bounces? if u get hit into the monsters mouth u may aswell say bye to ur stock and a slope that pours with water? + it has them bottle tops u can get and use as good as a wario's bike wheel get rid of this stage it's lame

Pictochat= Has been a cp back in the day stil is at some places cant say i have a real problem with it some of the stage changes are lame = racks up % too easy if ur hit into it / kills but its avoidable idc if its a cp or not

Jungle Japes= This also use to be a cp at tournys when the game first came out its prety lame (wud be a great stage to take snake too) the roof is so high u dont even got to worry about up tilt as early also falco is prety **** awsome on this stage side b planking ledge to ledge lasers cg into the water yea its awsome stage for him , also mk will be really good here small sides ( if ur on the 2 small platforms) he will gimp you on alot lower % + down b planking

Rainbow Cruise = fine stage i dont mind it i think this should always be a cp

Green Greens = im not experianced on this stage really but possibly a low cealing? (it was very low in melee) d3 infinites against the block walls , possibly some chars d tilt locks for high%? like marths metas dk i dono , i cant decide if it wil make a good new addition or not

Brinstar as much as i hate brinstar its alright i can put up with it (altho il always ban it) it seems fine for alot of chars

Counter/Banned

Yoshi's Island (Melee)= i dono why this was ever in discussion for a cp , the left hand side is so closed in to the stage you can probably kill on like 60% with a decent atack that sends ur oponent horizontal , the blocks in the middle wil stop alot of stuff such as cgs (will hit the blocks making them go away for about 10/15seconds) , the right hand side = cg walk offs so if this is legal expect d3 to pick this stage vs every char he can cg

Pirate Ship= the only problem with this stage is the ship its self would be fun/good to fight on but it crashes (makes u fight on a rock) the gravity changes as the ship is falling and the bombs = 55% if you get hit by one? and kills ( u may say well its unlikely to get hit by one but the thing is chars can throw people / cg people into them? and if you lost a tourny for that reason ud be pissed considering u get like 6 bombs flying at you unlike halberd where its just THAT 1 bomb and isnt near as powerful as this)

i did this write up because im bored/ itll help the u.k to's decide stage listing

i thought you'd be pleased with extra sharking, but i know i would be taknig you there, no ledges = no planking.
but the cars kill at like, 80%, so that might benefit samus if she can force them to get hit
Port Town Aero is one of if not THE best CP for Samus, take me there and I'll abuse you. I play on this stage quite frequently.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
/me sharks on PTAD.

As if I didn't do it on halberd/Delfino. lol. Snake can just nade camp the sharking anyway.

I never did understand why PTAD doesn't have ledges though? it's pretty silly. TBH I'd prefer the B+ version (the one with ledges added and the cars removed) as with those changes it is a **** good stage.

Also I never understood why Norfair was banned - other than characters like Falco and wario can camp like crazy. (no srs - it's ****ing awesome for wario, I swear).

btw I GOT MOBILE BROADBAND MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA but it's slow as hell. Least it works. :bee:

edit

If someone CP's distant planet against me, I will never talk to them again. And no, I mean this in a srs match. so don't think to CP it in a friendly just to piss me off. :p

KillerJawz said:
Port Town Aero is one of if not THE best CP for Samus, take me there and I'll abuse you. I play on this stage quite frequently.
STFU MK mainer. :laugh:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Imo Distant Planet and Yoshis Island are the only stages i can fully say should be banned.

Final Destination is still staying in the 3 starters along with BF and SV, follwed by Yoshis and Lylat.

Also about Metaknight being even better with these stages, i also think a few other characters can do alot better with these counterpicks, such as Link and Olimar, no gimping on a few of these new stages.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
apparently we all have different opinions on which fo these stages you be in uk tournament, so i vote for keeping the same stagelist

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I know you know the TO decides what happening but I was saying why are you all complaining then? It's not a Melee player thing, its just sense.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Tbh, pirate ship is one of my fav stages and shud be allowed over green greens, yes the bombs are a pest but unlike green greens they dont sit there and cause you problems when your against projectile users

Id be willing to give japes, port town, pirate ship and ps2 a go

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, pirate ship is one of my fav stages and shud be allowed over green greens, yes the bombs are a pest but unlike green greens they dont sit there and cause you problems when your against projectile users

Id be willing to give japes, port town, pirate ship and ps2 a go
not to mention those bombs can do about 40% damage to you?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
greens I presume.

I'm not against trying the new stagelist tho ... obvs I hate some of the changes but we can't really sit here and moan about them without trying to play on these stages competitively, can we?

:/

I sound like a tool.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yes, k.mac equipment XD

the stages that shouldnt be cp's are green greens, ptad, luigi's mansion...yeah i probably missed one.

i'm all for ps2 and norfair though, maybe distant planet

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
apparently we all have different opinions on which fo these stages you be in uk tournament, so i vote for keeping the same stagelist
Not possible. It's obvious the Brawl metagame is advancing if the SBR has decided to make what seems to be a significant stagelist change, not considering it would be stupid. That's all I'm going to say on this matter, I've already told Calz and KJ what I'm going to do.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
And whats that Alex?

I'm so hyped for SNY btw, I think we can do well in teams :)

Jolteon

And whats that Alex?

I'm so hyped for SNY btw, I think we can do well in teams :)
I told them that since I haven't played Brawl competitively for a very long time I'll take a passive manner in deciding a good stagelist, but reminded them that despite being a Melee player, I am also one of the TOs and I still have the final decision (as well as Charles).

I'm really hyped for SNY too, international crews and teams will be the boss.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh i like the idea of change, although im all to impressed on jungle japes being there, personal hatred stage XP.

but i might as well learn t, it would make the game more interesting when im stuck with no-one to play agaisnt anyway

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Tbf, since you're the one spamming this thread, you should honestly be the one to stfu. Now go outside and think about what you've done.

I love you.
K.Mac, Outside?
And KJ talks about me spamming .... :p

At least I'm giving my opinion on this (rather stupid) change to the stage list, unlike Calzum who just wants to spout K.Mac Quotes.

Seriously ... whoever deems Distant Planet a viable counterpick stage needs to be removed from the competitive smash scene. It's not even fun to play for ****s-and-giggles, let alone a tournament setting. o_o;;

The others I can understand but seriously?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
K.Mac just decide what stages should be legal for UK tourney pla,y then i can update the 1st post and put those down.

Jolteon

And KJ talks about me spamming .... :p

At least I'm giving my opinion on this (rather stupid) change to the stage list, unlike Calzum who just wants to spout K.Mac Quotes.

Seriously ... whoever deems Distant Planet a viable counterpick stage needs to be removed from the competitive smash scene. It's not even fun to play for ****s-and-giggles, let alone a tournament setting. o_o;;

The others I can understand but seriously?
yes it is .

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
the last one wasn't a K.Mac quote it was an observation you have never been outside in your life :)

KMAC WRONG

Edit
Keep Jungle Japes on its a **** stage and you wont die at 9% from Snakes upTilt

The_Rake

Smash Lord
cal, you cant come up with kmac quotes. dont try

So many from that list were mine xD

Kmac Trouser Press
Kmac Silcence
Brokemac Mountain

Then i altered the theme from shaft :p

Buuut, i love darrens "monster mac" :p

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
playing SSF4 and found Ixus randomly vsing me at 3am in a ranked match LOL i Crushed him.

auroreon

Smash Ace
playing SSF4 and found Ixus randomly vsing me at 3am in a ranked match LOL i Crushed him.
That wasn't Ixis (btw, how do you spell a 4 letter word wrong) it was Warning or Jimmy using Ixis's account because they don't have live gold and Ixis was at their house last night. Ixis does not play SSF4.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Warning doesn't have Gold LIVE at the moment so i allowed him to migrate my account to play online.

For whatever reason, you set the rules to 1 round only, and you lost to Warning's Balrog using Ryu. It was a hilarious state of affairs. Alongside Warning who was the one playing, myself, Hoe4u and their older brother witnessed this so there is no point in lying.

I believe the time was also no later than 12AM, not sure how you thought it was 3AM.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
rare apperances from auro and ixis .

Kyoshi im embarassed that you would stoop so low and lie about losing

HAVE YOU NO SHAME!!!!

Top Bottom