• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

The Filth

Smash Lord
So Kyle, have you ever actually noticed how much of a raging idiot Budget Player Cadet is? ^^

He's just been making an absolute tit of himself in some thread that everyones laughing at the BBR in, I suggest you go take a look.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I dunno. He took me off his MSN contact list anyway and I don't pay attention to anywhere else than the regionals here O_o;

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I'm only cocky about racing games because I know I'm good at them. xD.
And if you were good at Bra........................I mean dude im good at Brawl but im not cocky am i?? NOMAC!!!! Gettin sick of your cockyness.

ReMac

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Andy...you are cocky ma

Dont say your not, otherwise why would you want people to mm your ganon?

Darn f-zero, its a lot harder than i remember, gettin ***** by it on tougher difficulties

The Filth

Smash Lord
KMac should do a charity event, I will give £1 to charity every money match he beats the members of the UK community in, but he has to pay £1 everytime he loses.

Charity Mac.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lol the only people that i ask to MM my Ganon is You and Kyle xDDDDDD, also MTR you are cocky and you know it.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Lol the only people that i ask to MM my Ganon is You and Kyle xDDDDDD, also MTR you are cocky and you know it.
Theres a difference in the way i'm cocky, i know im not the best brawler but im pretty decent. However I'm only cocky when i play you ca and keith, basicly the uks big 3 (the ones who I have hardly any chance of beating). If you watch my serious games with miller, cong or darren there's no cockyness son, just srs business.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Calzorz observation.

@ Rake - just play GX a lot, you'll get back into the swing: just remember to not boost like crazy just because the AI do if all it's going to do is waste all your boost bar ... stay rational with it. ;p

K.mac tutorial.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I'm only cocky when i play you cal and keith
Thats all i needed to hear lolz, also going round asking people to MM my ganon (Which i dont do anyway), isnt cocky in my eyes at all, i enjoy playing people who are not as good as me characters such as Link/Ike, because the matches are more close than me just picking Marth and ending up sandbagging, i like sandbagging sometimes lol, but the opponent usually doesnt so i dont really have any choice than to go another character. So in my eyes i have 2 options, and in your eyes these 2 options are options you dont like LOL. If you catch my drift.

Ohh and also, i only like to MM you with Ganon, i dont care what character you go, even if you go Ganon, its just funny playing you whether ur Luc or Ganon on spear pillar LOL. And also every1 enjoys playing the Mac.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
actually i dont think rake is cocky i see it more as humour
I was gona say i do the cockyness thing for humor but i guessed most of you would call bs on that, guess i was wrong

Thats all i needed to hear lolz, also going round asking people to MM my ganon (Which i dont do anyway), isnt cocky in my eyes at all, i enjoy playing people who are not as good as me characters such as Link/Ike, because the matches are more close than me just picking Marth and ending up sandbagging, i like sandbagging sometimes lol, but the opponent usually doesnt so i dont really have any choice than to go another character. So in my eyes i have 2 options, and in your eyes these 2 options are options you dont like LOL. If you catch my drift.

Ohh and also, i only like to MM you with Ganon, i dont care what character you go, even if you go Ganon, its just funny playing you whether ur Luc or Ganon on spear pillar LOL. And also every1 enjoys playing the Mac.
Tbh i'd prefer to play your marth over your ganon and at times over your ike or link obv i prefer it when you dont sandbag, at times i prefer to play you when you give your best, even if i get trashed, as it helps me know exactly how good i can do when i play you

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hmm, on the other hand andy, i would prefer NOT to play your ike, as ike dittos are not nice, i really hate them.
^
G~P johns

no anyway andy, after the release on the new ruleset, you gonna change the uk stagelist?

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i will not attend any tournys with ps2 and Distant Planet , which ever individual put that in is a ****** a stage that changes gravity and one that rains , makes u fight on a small leaf and has a monster to eat you are you serious?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i will not attend any tournys with ps2 and Distant Planet , which ever individual put that in is a ****** a stage that changes gravity and one that rains , makes u fight on a small leaf and has a monster to eat you are you serious?
he hasnt said anything about luigi's yet...

The Filth

Smash Lord
I'm in this boat, said the same just after this **** was released.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
^

it's bull****, really. I've got no qualms against PS2 when it's stage-frozen (it's a ****ing awesome stage when frozen) but that floating one is just .... it's for noobs.

:/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i'm just trying to remember what the 4 different transformations are, electric, ice, flying and....derp

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ground?

or was that one of PS1's?

... Shows how much we've played this abomin-- ... stage, eh? xD
its ground, thats the only one without a gameplay changer.

although i think i woldnt mind ps2 all that much, the idea of approachnig with f-smash appeals to me very much on the ice stage, falling offstage to cancel ending lag on the electric stage could be amazing and a much needed jump boost from the wind stage is probably more beneficial for ike than most, as for the ground stage, its pretty neutral, however the weird slant allows ike to have a broken hitbox with quick draw (lol quick draw)

possibly a good stage for ike

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Well I main MK so really it shouldn't mean squat to me, other than juggling is going to be broken on the flying one.

But that's about it. either way I still don't like it; I'd rather play Distant Planet. D:

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Tbh i'm appauled that fd is only a started with 7 starters or more....along with CASTLE FREAKING SIEGE!!!

Seriously, what the hell! how is it not a starter? :O ok, im 5 starters i could undertand it i guess, but hell, its more balanced than what id say yoshis is, none of the 3 starters provide mich choice for projectile users, which is why fd isnt a main starter, cos non projectile users get camped out, now its completely the otherway round, no real options for projectile users

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Tbh i'm appauled that fd is only a started with 7 starters or more....along with CASTLE FREAKING SIEGE!!!

Seriously, what the hell! how is it not a starter? :O ok, im 5 starters i could undertand it i guess, but hell, its more balanced than what id say yoshis is, none of the 3 starters provide mich choice for projectile users, which is why fd isnt a main starter, cos non projectile users get camped out, now its completely the otherway round, no real options for projectile users
well i really dont mind it, being an ike main an all
but yeah, fd should be in the 5 stage starter list with lylat cruise/pokemon stadium

as for distant planet, i would like that stage too, having the slant would make for possible b-throw combo's, d3 can't chaingrab ike up a hil that steep, and having a random lower ledge mean we can save ourselves from getting gimped, also landing on the slant with ike's aether mean sliding away to safety, making it a legitimate move

Yeniths

East Midlands!
The new ruleset is recommended. The tournament host is free to change the stagelist and rules should they want to, in this case, they probably will.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
just so you know when ur trying to fight on the leaf on distant planet it bounces so i cant drop a nade then shorthop z grab it because it bounces and doesnt allow it 95% of time , port town sounds like a good cp tho lol srs

The_Rake

Smash Lord
i wouldnt mind port town and i can kinda understand ps2, but distant planet is a nooooooo. srsly, you get eater and die :/

I loled at a reason for green greens. Was something like, we decided the bombs wernt a problem because you should be able to di until high percentage.....WTF you cant make a stage legal because of how good people SHOULD DI!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
calzorz punctuation-less

distant planet is silly, but ike has some nice shenanigans there that could help against faster characters and also d3 cant chaingrab up that slope.

luigi's is a banned stage and always should be

ptad, the lack of ledges gets rid of planking, and because of the lack of ledges, ike can an instant death combo providing he does it when theres no road below him

ps2 is even enough to be a cp, as the weird changes doesnt make it a broken stage for anyone

jj is gay as hell but still a cp, always banned vs. falco, i can guarantee XD

green greens is a no, its just wrong

pictochat could be ok, im not all that sure gonna go try out that one now

WTF you cant make a stage legal because of how good people SHOULD DI!
KMac DI?

Anyway, I agree with everything except Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island (Melee) and possibly Japes.

Port Town Aero Is just amazing, sadly however it makes sharking much much easier :/.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
KMac DI?

Anyway, I agree with everything except Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island (Melee) and possibly Japes.

Port Town Aero Is just amazing, sadly however it makes sharking much much easier :/.
i thought you'd be pleased with extra sharking, but i know i would be taknig you there, no ledges = no planking.
but the cars kill at like, 80%, so that might benefit samus if she can force them to get hit

Top Bottom