• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
OK Np..

Dk
Starfox
Kirby
F-zero
Metroid
Earthbound/Mother
Pokemon
Zelda
Super Mario
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Fire Emblem
Mr. Game & Watch
Animal Crossing
Wario

Eternal Darkness

Pit
Mii
Custom Robo

Stafy

Balloon Fight
Pikmin
Punch Out

StarTropics

Duck Hunt

Hanafuda

Metal Gear
Sonic
Megman

Never expected Eternal Darkness, or Hanafuda.. You create that yourself?

Croco

Smash Lord
Never expected Eternal Darkness, or Hanafuda.. You create that yourself?
yes pretty much.. lol

The Eternal Darkness symbol is from the symbol on the book's binding in the game.

The Hanafuda symbol is from Nintendo's original symbol printed on back of the cards and box.

I also drew the Pikmin symbol, Custom Robo, Balloon Fight, StarTropics, PunchOut, and Stafy symbols.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
18.Pit's Symbol

I expect number 17 to be Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

15. Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
16. Made in Wario (Ware Ware)
17. Metaru Gia Soriddo (Metal Gear Solid)
18. Pit

For number 18 Pit can't be considered Kid Icarus as he would be number 16, Though going by his Japan name for the game Parutena no Kagami would put him after M's.

>_> I could be wrong. But this is what I expect.

Though if they do keep Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch, Animal Crossing will the first new to Brawl.

Though if they decide to get rid of either Ice Climbers or/and Mr. Game & Watch, 13 and 14 could be new series if "BOTH" are taken out. IF they both stay then this theory is useless.

We just need to think of some Nintendo Franchises that begin with either A, B or C (Japan name's of course) and any Nintendo Franchises that beging with the letter Q or later.

Of course these spots could be filled in with the third party characters.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
i wonder what 17 will be. i bet the 3rd party characters will be last to be listed as icons. i think we will get 20 max Nintendo franchises then then 3 3rd party

i don't think any franchises will be taken out from ssb characters yes but i doubt mr. g&w and ice climbers will be taken out. as much as people hated them i doubt those two are leaving.

g&w mostly wont leave because he is to much of a important Nintendo character. and ice climbers were fun to play and to original they just need better recovery. plus i rather have more characters from different franchises then more characters from the same series.

mewtwo will most likely be taken out cause his moves was mix of allot of characters. and a non first gen Pokemon should be put in.

roy will leave and be replaced with another fe character for obvious reasons.

pichu is gone as well to be replaced by another 2nd gen Pokemon

dr. Mario is definitely gone. if they do clones again there are plenty of other Mario's they can put in probably paper Mario.

young link will either leave or be changed to ww link.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I thought we established that this alphabetical order thing was a silly coincidence...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Not really, it almost works but it's inconsistent at times. If we go by the notion that it's in order of the main character of the series, then it works out until it gets to Samus. While it fits if you refer to it as the franchise title, Metroid, it makes it inconsistent and so it does seem simply coincidental.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
What could be influencing the numbering? Clearly can't be when that series was revealed because Super Mario would be hire up on the scale. 1-11 seems to work perfectly with the formula, the only key element is the Mother series.

Everything beyond that is hard to determine but starting with Animal Crossing( and from my thoughts) that seems to work out well for Brawl. If a non-melee series appears for number 12, then this gets rid of the theory of it going by Original/Melee/Brawl. Though if 13 or 14 is a new series this could mean two things.

1 - Once again gets rid of the theory of Original/Melee/Brawl groups
2 - One of the Melee Characters(series) was removed (Fire Emblem/Ice Climbers/Mr. Game & Watch)

If it does say one of the characters is removed this just expands the Brawl section by a number or two. Using Animal Crossing Japanese name Dōbutsu no Mori, means some other Nintendo Franchise could appear before it. Such as Barūn Faito (Baloon Fight)

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Not really, it almost works but it's inconsistent at times. If we go by the notion that it's in order of the main character of the series, then it works out until it gets to Samus. While it fits if you refer to it as the franchise title, Metroid, it makes it inconsistent and so it does seem simply coincidental.
This page.

EDIT:

Who says there has to be an order at all?
It IS possible that they listed them in a random order starting with those in ssb, then ssbm, now brawl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
This is such a fascinating theory. If it's true, though, that rules out anyone's hopes for Skapon (Joi Meka Faito) and Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo). Depending on whether they use the L or R for Palutena no Kagami, that could still open up the possibility of seeing Little Mac (Panchi-Auto!!). I dunno how StarTropics would fit in, since it didn't really have a Japanese name, huh? Balloon Fighter is still possible (Barun Faito), as mentioned above. Bubbles (Kuru Kuru Rando), however, would be excluded.

All of this is simple speculation, and really just a way for me to pass the time. Interesting thoughts, though.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Again from DKVine. An Updated list and even some possibilites

01: Dairantō Smash Brothers (Super Smash Bros.)
02: Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03: Fokkusu (Star Fox)
04: Hoshi no Kābii/Kābii (Kirby)
05: Kyaputen Farukon (F-Zero)
06: Metoroido
07: ??? (Most likely will be Mother/Earthbound)
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsutā
09: Rinku (Zelda)
10: Sūpā Mario (Super Mario)
11: Yosshī (Yoshi)

12:
13:
14:

15: Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
16: Made in Wario (Wario Ware, it's NOT Wario as a whole)
17:
18: Parutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus)

7 is definitely Mother, everything else from the original SSB is confirmed. 12, 13 and 14 are (Most likely) from SSBM, and thus should be Ice Climber (Aisu Kuraimā), Fire Emblem (Faiā Emuburemu) and Game & Watch (Gēmu ando Uotchi). 17 is probably Metal Gear (Metaru Gia Soriddo, which would still be in alphabetical order), and there's most likely something after 18 (I hope, at least).

Some popularly suggested franchises and their possibility now:

Bomberman: Bonbaman, see Castlevania's notes below.
Castlevania: If one of the SSBM franchises drops out, #14 would be free for the taking as long as the letter comes before D. Akumajou Dracula would thus fit.
Mega Man: Rockman, still possible.
Nintendo Wars: Not possible. Famicom Wars falls inbetween AC and Wario Ware.
Ouendan: Not possible. Falls inbetween Metal Gear (If it is 17) and KI (Assuming it is Ouendan and not EBA, but EBA'd be out as well, so that's a moot point).
Pac-Man: Pakku-Man, not possible. Comes just before KI. HOWEVER, if it's his ORIGINAL Japanese name, Puck-Man, it's still possible.
Phoenix Wright: Not possible. Gyakuten Saiban falls between AC and Wario Ware.
Pikmin: Pikumin, still possible.
Sonic: Sonniku, still possible.

Random classic Nintendo series that are still possible and have (If you ask me) good possible fighters (Hey, Ice Climbers and Game & Watch made it in SSBM after all!): StarTropics, Wave Race, Wrecking Crew (Rekkingu Kuruu)

Of course, all that is still under the assumption that there are franchises after 18.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
that is abnormally odd...before wario and pit...hm.
Not really. It seems all the new additions follow the veterans from Melee. So we can safely (well, not SAFELY, but with more certainty than most statements) say that there will be a maximum of 14 returning symbols from Melee. We know one will be the smash symbol, so that leaves 13 franchises. Of these 13, DK, Fox, F-Zero, Kirby, Metroid, Pokémon, Zelda, Mario, and Yoshi have been confirmed. That leaves four unconfirmed returnees (at the MOST), since Fire Emblem and Earthbound are almost certainly returning.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers and Game & Watch will determine how this list will go. Like new Nintendo series taking the places of 13-14 (if IC and G&W are missing next game(I hope not))Though nothing is concrete about Melee at the moment.

burrito

Smash Lord
Well, Animal Crossing seems to have screwed up my predictions.

Here is my updated guess with animal crossing included:

1. Smash Bros.
2. Donkey Kong
3. Starfox
4. Kirby
5. F-zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Ice Climbers?
13. Fire Emblem
14. Pikmin
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Metal Gear
18. Kid Icarus

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Of course, all that is still under the assumption that there are franchises after 18.
Question: Would Kid Icarus use the "L" or "R" for "Parutena no Kagami"? Since they are practically one and the same, this opens up a possibility. Should they opt for the "L", Little Mac is still a possibility (Panchi-Auto!!). I really hope this is just coincidental, however, because I would have enjoyed seeing Skapon (Joi Meka Faito). We should also consider that MGS could come AFTER Pit's symbol, along with any other 3rd party symbols in the game. That opens up "Mae" through "Part". Nazo no Murasame-jo, anyone? :)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So I guess it's heavily agreed that the Marth, the Ice Climbers, and Mr. G&W are most likely returning then because they could easily fill in spaces 12-14, that 17 is a new Nintendo franchise and that 3rd parties could b3 19+

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That seems the most likely, though it seems that there are other franchises that could go before AC should Ice Climbers or G&W not return (I highly doubt FE isn't returning).

3rd party characters would make more sense if they came after the Nintendo franchises, though until Snake or anything associated with him shows up, we can't be certain yet.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
That seems the most likely, though it seems that there are other franchises that could go before AC should Ice Climbers or G&W not return (I highly doubt FE isn't returning).

3rd party characters would make more sense if they came after the Nintendo franchises, though until Snake or anything associated with him shows up, we can't be certain yet.
True...it's almost obvious fe is returning...and if the 3rd party come after the nintendo franchises we know that they wont take up the already *empty* spaces...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I wasn't thinking about "level without a character to match" cause there can be plenty of those. i was thinking of "why make an icon for a level? some levels use the regular smash icon in their post, if there's an icon there should be a character to justify it"

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
07: ??? (Most likely will be Mother/Earthbound)

12:
13:
14:

16: Made in Wario (Wario Ware, it's NOT Wario as a whole)
17:

1-11 = Super Smash Brothers.

07:

-The only thing that disprove this theory is slot number 7. Number 7 needs to be Mother to prove the theory works.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

12:
13:
14:

- This section is just a shot in the dark here, Fire Emblem/Ice Climbers/Game&Watch could easily just slide in this section (because they were the only additional series to Smash Bros.)

-Another thing that could mess up this theory or even still keep the theory on track is if any of the 3 new series to Melee were to be removed.

Example Proving the theory works exactly:

12. Aisu Kuraima (Ice Climbers)
13. Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)
14. Gemu ando Uotchi (Game&Watch)

Example Proving theory works but series removed:

Theory 1 (Game & Watch removed)

12. Aisu Kuraima (Ice Climbers)
13. Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)

- Melee series are still in ABC order but only 2 are there, meaning a new Series could come to Brawl (That Begins with the Letter A/B/C or D

Theory 2 (Ice Climbers removed)

12. Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)
13. Gemu ando Uotchi (Game&Watch)

-Same as theory 1 just Ice Climbers are removed

Theory 3 (Mr Game & Watch & Ice Climbers removed

12. Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)

- This here meaning only one of the 3 new series from Melee will return, making it to where two new series for Brawl that start with either A/B/C or D.

-Almost anything they do (if the ABC order happens) can still prove 12-14 are Melee

-One of the few things that could break the theory again is that number 12 is a series that begins with either the letter Y or Z to continue the original Smash Bros. (I don't believe this will happen though)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

16: Made in Wario (Wario Ware)
17:

-Number 17 can deterime one thing, that's if they are seperating Brawl Series with Third Party Series

Theory 1

17: Metaru Gia Soriddo (Metal Gear Solid)

Let's say number 17 did infact turn out to be Metal Gear, this means that Brawl/ThirdParty series will be mixed up with each other.

Theory 2

17: (New Series that begins with the letters M/N/O or P

-17 could again continue this trend with ABC order (by Japanese name)

-Of course if 17 turns out to be New series and not Metal Gear would most likely determine the seperation of Brawl/Third Party series

We know there is going to be more than 18 series because with the inclusion of 1-2 Third Party Characters (this could change though), I don't expect 2 characters from one particular Third Party series.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The only thing that I don't like about this theory is that it basically annihilates any chances of seeing Skapon. Hopefully we get some kind of confirmation on this issue soon. I'm sure we'll be seeing another vet sometime this week. Ness would confirm the first half of the theory; one of the Melee characters would help us determine the validity of the second part; Snake (not going to happen) would assist our guesses for the third part.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
2 things that breaks this theory

1. Mother is not Number 7
2. None of the Melee Characters are 12-14

Now if we see number 13 as Fire Emblem, using the thoery, Ice Climbers will return (Aisu Kuraima)

As for the Brawl section we don't know if they are including Third Party Characters with Brawl or Third party characters in their own little group.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Lets just let Sakurai make the game, and then we can find out the rest of the characters. xD

I like looking in this thread btw...I LOVE your theories.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Lets just let Sakurai make the game, and then we can find out the rest of the characters. xD

I like looking in this thread btw...I LOVE your theories.
¿You talking to me?

I know I should just wait, but I need something to pass up to time till the next update :D

Also another thing that could possible fit in between Wario and Pit, a character from the Nintendo Wars series. (Famicom, Gameboy(a.k.a. Advance Wars here), Battalion Wars)

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this thread has come a long way! I've actually started putting a lot of stock into this theory.

Unless third parties are separated out, it looks like there's no chance of a Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger character (Fainaru Fantaji and Kurono Toriga would both have to go between Dobutso no Mori and Made in Wario). Sadness. I guess we'll have to wait until Snake's icon makes an appearance and see where it goes...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
2 things that breaks this theory

1. Mother is not Number 7
2. None of the Melee Characters are 12-14

Now if we see number 13 as Fire Emblem, using the thoery, Ice Climbers will return (Aisu Kuraima)

As for the Brawl section we don't know if they are including Third Party Characters with Brawl or Third party characters in their own little group.
No, Mother could be 7 and the Melee characters could be 12-14. We're just don't know for SURE yet. But so far, the pieces seem to fall in that favor.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I found another made up World Icon list on gamefaqs

Answers:

Row 1- Castlevania, Bomberman, Custom Robo, Balloon Fight, Punch-Out
Row 2- Megaman, Pikmin, Golden Sun, Sonic, Pacman
Row 3- Rayman, Stafy, Nazo no Murasamejou, Panel De Pon, Tomato Kingdom
Row 4- Klonoa, Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, Mach Rider, R.O.B
Row 5- Elite Beat Agents, Joy Mech Fight, Chrono Trigger, Clu Clu Land, Viewtiful Joe
Row 6- Final Fantasy, Startropics, Baten Kaitos, Resident Evil, Worms
Row 7- Tales of Symphonia, Harvest Moon, Banjo Kazooie, Earthworm Jim, Xenosaga
Row 8- Breath of Fire, Excitebike, Skies of Arcadia, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter
Row 9- Prince of Persia, NiGHTS, Spyro, Cooking Mama, Mortal Kombat
Row 10- Tetris, Battletoads, 1080, Pilotwings, Izuna
Row 11- Brain Training, Crash Bandicoot, Mischief Makers, Quest, Tales of Phantasia
Row 12- Devil World, Bubble Bobble, Bubsy, Rocket Knight Adventures, Shantae
Row 13- Crystalis, Pitfall, Soul Calibur, Burgertime, Glover
Row 14- Wave Race, Bonk, Cubivore, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi
Row 15- Ghosts and Goblins, Trauma Center, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, Phoenix Wright, Eternal Darkness

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I found another made up World Icon list on gamefaqs

Answers:

Row 1- Castlevania, Bomberman, Custom Robo, Balloon Fight, Punch-Out
Row 2- Megaman, Pikmin, Golden Sun, Sonic, Pacman
Row 3- Rayman, Stafy, Nazo no Murasamejou, Panel De Pon, Tomato Kingdom
Row 4- Klonoa, Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, Mach Rider, R.O.B
Row 5- Elite Beat Agents, Joy Mech Fight, Chrono Trigger, Clu Clu Land, Viewtiful Joe
Row 6- Final Fantasy, Startropics, Baten Kaitos, Resident Evil, Worms
Row 7- Tales of Symphonia, Harvest Moon, Banjo Kazooie, Earthworm Jim, Xenosaga
Row 8- Breath of Fire, Excitebike, Skies of Arcadia, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter
Row 9- Prince of Persia, NiGHTS, Spyro, Cooking Mama, Mortal Kombat
Row 10- Tetris, Battletoads, 1080, Pilotwings, Izuna
Row 11- Brain Training, Crash Bandicoot, Mischief Makers, Quest, Tales of Phantasia
Row 12- Devil World, Bubble Bobble, Bubsy, Rocket Knight Adventures, Shantae
Row 13- Crystalis, Pitfall, Soul Calibur, Burgertime, Glover
Row 14- Wave Race, Bonk, Cubivore, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi
Row 15- Ghosts and Goblins, Trauma Center, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, Phoenix Wright, Eternal Darkness
Oooo, that Kingdom Hearts symbol gives me the warm fuzzies.

But I know it'd never happen.

Top Bottom