• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

nuro

Smash Lord
You don't know that.
Ok, I guess you didn't see it. The icons go in order. the first icons are all franchises from ssb64 the second are melee which include IC, G&W & FE and the last are all ones that appear in brawl. Between FE and ICs there is one ???? slot and no other possible candidate can fill it other than G&W. He is in.

clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Marths B moves all have proper uses. I won't go any further into this because you're a noob, I now personally have the right to laugh in your face when G&W is not in Brawl. If he is, you can do the same. The fact that you are a noob and I'm not won't change by it i'm afraid :(
Clearly u r dummm. Marths B moves do have proper uses I never said they didn't but his b moves are not as useful as say fox's b moves. even tho he doesnt have foxs b moves he is still insanely good because of his other moves. G&W has great ariels, a great dtilt, dthrow, fsmash, upb etc. U just say his sasuages suck so he cant be in the game u r dum. Kirbys hammer sucks but he is in the game. Besides what if they change him this time. Every character has good and bad moves u just need to find them.

and i lol'd when u called me a noob. :chuckle:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Possible icons -

Number 17 (Between Made and Parutena)
Nazo no Murasamejou (Murasame's Mysterious Castle) - Takamaru
Ogon no Taiyo (Golden Sun) - Issac, Felix
Ouendan (Elite Beat Agents) - Elite Beat Agent
Panchi-Auto!! (Punch-Out!!) - Little Mac
Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack\Puzzle League) - Lip

Number 19+ (After Parutena)
Pikumin (Pikmin) - Captain Olimar
Ray\Kasutamu Robo (Ray\Custom Robo) - Ray
Shin Oni Ga Shima (New Island of Demons) - Hikari
Starfy\Densetsu No Starfy (Starfy\Legend of Starfy) - Starfy
Sukapon\Joy Mech Fight (Sukapon\Joy Mech Fight) - Sukapon
That's interesting. I personally think that the secret character's icons will be in a different order just like the original franchises and the ones from melee were ordered. I think that Lil Mac is probably 17. Ray would probably be 20 and Olimar 19. I don't really see them as secret characters. Then they would probably have the secret characters such as Sukapon, Takamaru, Snake, etc. Japan only are most likely secrets just like 3rd parties. I see Isaac as a secret character as well. Ouendan and Panel de pon seem more like AT types of franchises. I don't think Stafy will be in the game to be honest. I have no idea what that other game is.

I am glad it seems like it is panning out. I would find it odd if Ray wasn't playable, because Custom Robo is a big franchise for nintendo. Anyone know where Famicom Wars would fit on the list if it got some representation. Come on Andy!

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Megaman is 'Rockman' in Japan. :D
rokkuman yeah, but what I meant was that if metal gear is #17 that might be all there is...period, hence the no megaman thing. Actually, I don't think think that's true now. If Metal Gear is sandwiched between nintendo franchises there can still be others, it just means that all new franchises will be clumped together, no matter what party. I don't think they will do that, so we probably wont know about every new series like blayde_axel posted

MDupont

Smash Cadet
17 being Snake makes no sense at all, I mean, 15, 16, and 18 are Nintendo Franchises never before seen in the Smash Bros. series. Tossing a random 3rd party franchise is ridiculous. Snake will come after 18, I can gaurentee it. Otherwise, it would be plain awkward and stupid.

Also, Snake wont be revealed if he is an unlockable. Also, I don't think Sakurai would waste his time numbering each icon if nothing Nintendo-related wasn't 17.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I still don't feel this is enough to confirm G&W. Mind you, I don't doubt he'll likely return, I just see this as overhyped, and basically a conspiracy theory.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I noticed that most of japanese names in those icon (in ordered) is wrong, because someone is using their characters' name instead of their own franchise's names, so I don't think Sakurai would do that.

I have feeling that he just put all of franchises in order as they decide, via random ordering.

Like I read, Algus confirmed that your list is pretty much as wrong, since you didn't use all of franchises name, but I will check for correct names and stuff for you.

I found it.

1.) Dairantō Smash Brothers X (Super Smash Brothers: Brawl)
2.) Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
3.) Sutā Fokkusu (Star Fox)
4.) Kābii (Kirby) (Technically you could say Kabii no Pupupuland, which is 'Kirby's Dreamland')
5.) Efu Zero (F-Zero)
6.) Metoroido (Metroid)
7.) Pokemon (Pokemon)
8.) Zeruda no Densetsu (Legend of Zelda)
9.) Sūpā Mario Burazāzu (Super Mario Brothers)
10.) Yosshī (Yoshi)
11.) Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing (literally: The Village in the Woods))
12.) Made in Wario (WarioWare)
13.) Hikari shinwa: Parutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus) (Literally: Myth of the Light: The Mirror of Palutena)

Credit to Algus.

In English, in English order, they're not in order.
In English, in Japanese order, they're not in order.
In Japanese, in English order, they're not in order.
In Japanese, in Japanese order, they're NOT IN ORDER.

No, in Japan, alphabetical order doesn't go like it does in America.

We're used to A B C D E F G.

In Japan, it goes A I U E O KA KI KU KE KO SA SHI SU SE SO TA CHI TSU TE TO NA and so on.

Credit to Algus

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
no but thats okay cuz zumtimes sakurye used the characters name so it actually all fitS!

[/sarcasm]

But seriously, nobody will listen, Intell.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
All that really matters is that they seem to be going in order of SSB, SSBM, SSBB. If this is the case, then G&W is in.
However, it could be the case that the order is the franchises in SSB first, then all the other franchises in a random order. If they put all the franchises in a random order anyway, or in the order that they were added to the game, it stands to reason that the franchises first represented in SSB would be at the top of the list purely by chance.
It is certain that nothing is proven. It is also certain that the evidence we see is not exactly watertight.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Ok, so the alphabetic theory is a bust.

But still, they are listed by which smash game they first appeared in, and the only person who could fit into this spot is G&W.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The alphabetical part isn't even the part that matters

the fact that it goes 64, Melee, then Brawl

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Interesting theory I have...

That scroll bar on the avatar screenshot of todays update is down a bit...

If that's down two rows... thats 21 symbols including the smash symbol...

So, assuming Game and Watch comes back... Thats three unconfirmed series for brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

So, assuming Game and Watch comes back... Thats three unconfirmed series for brawl.
I don't think that's all the icons or where they go...they just didn't want to reveil any spoilers

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I don't think that's all the icons or where they go...they just didn't want to reveil any spoilers
This is possible, but it is just a theory.

a Theory which upon further thought I've expanded. all the pictures shown there are characters we've seen so far. Now, assuming that that is the starting roster... then the symbols above could only be for the starting roster and secret characters from different series's would be illustrated elsewhere...

Now assuming that the scrolly bar is hiding ONE row, that means those characters rep 12 serieses. thirteen counting the smash symbol. 14 counting Animal Crossing. That leaves one unaccounted for...

This is just speculation and such.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
This is possible, but it is just a theory.

a Theory which upon further thought I've expanded. all the pictures shown there are characters we've seen so far. Now, assuming that that is the starting roster... then the symbols above could only be for the starting roster and secret characters from different series's would be illustrated elsewhere...

Now assuming that the scrolly bar is hiding ONE row, that means those characters rep 12 serieses. thirteen counting the smash symbol. 14 counting Animal Crossing. That leaves one unaccounted for...

This is just speculation and such.
Assuming your theory is correct... the only one i see happening as a starter would be a representative of Mother/Earthbound, i.e Ness/Lucas

Hejiru

Smash Ace

they could have been Miis.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that ups G&W's chances since Snake doesn't take that spot...

HA!!!

aran_fusion

Smash Cadet
This confirmed one thing, third party or not, the icons from brawl are in no specific order since Pits is after Snakes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This confirmed one thing, third party or not, the icons from brawl are in no specific order since Pits is after Snakes.
They go in order of 64, Melee, then Brawl...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM PEOPLE

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It amazes me how every time we get a new icon, it further proves what's already been proven, that the icon discovery is 100% correct. And yet stupid people still post things "I guess this disproves the icon theory."

How does it disprove the icon list when Snake's icon is exactly where it was predicted to be?

Both Sonic and Megaman could still be in the game, because they would both come after Pit(Megaman is Rockman in Japan).

I guess Bomberman is out, because his name is the same as his game name, and it wouldn't fit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It amazes me how every time we get a new icon, it further proves what's already been proven, that the icon discovery is 100% correct. And yet stupid people still post things "I guess this disproves the icon theory."

How does it disprove the icon list when Snake's icon is exactly where it was predicted to be?

Both Sonic and Megaman could still be in the game, because they would both come after Pit(Megaman is Rockman in Japan).

I guess Bomberman is out, because his name is the same as his game name, and it wouldn't fit.
His name is White Bomberman

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN

hold up: r u referring to me because i said that the 3RD PARTY ICON SECTION was deconfirmed? i didnt mean it to disprove the whole icon list, and of course thats where Snake's icon was originally predicted to be #17 (which is now confirmed), but the 3rd party icon section theory was to help raise chances of other games that would fill Snake's spot if he was in another section of icons.
on the other hand: i completely forgot about Megaman's Japanese name before i even posted. well at least there's still hope for them (also Bomberman i think was already deconfirmed after the order of the icons was deconfirmed...but i still think he could make it as AT

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
forgive me if this is a silly question, but why would the icons be in alphabetical order by the english spelling of the japanese names? if they're going to be sorted by their japanese names, then they would be in an order that makes sense in japanese, not english. it's my understanding that the japanese have a different alphabet than us....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
forgive me if this is a silly question, but why would the icons be in alphabetical order by the english spelling of the japanese names? if they're going to be sorted by their japanese names, then they would be in an order that makes sense in japanese, not english. it's my understanding that the japanese have a different alphabet than us....
That makes sense, but that alphabet part is not the part that matters

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
if something is going to be sorted in alphabetical order, then the alphabet part definitely matters.
The part that matters is the fact it goes in order of 64, Melee, than Brawl...

THe other part is more of an assumption...

But Someone needs to find the RIGHT Japanese Alphabet, like you said and see if the second part matches up

Top Bottom