• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash: Black dominated?

Browny

Smash Hater
brawl players at my uni game club are pretty good, we play it a lot. One day some new kid joins the club, is black (possibly middle eastern idk) ,about 6 of us play alot of games over 2 hours, and he doesnt lose a match all night, maining RANDOM.

verdict? black people own at brawl lol.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Not in my experience. There have been a handful of great black players that I have fought, but I wouldn't say the majority are.

Glenugie

Smash Rookie
If the majority is black then it is possible this is because America and Japan are the only places that have the game, they have a large black population. When Europe comes in, it might balance more, I believe we have a population that is white in the majority. Once the entire world has come in to the game, it should balance out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But the guy from Bollywood looks JUST like him.

ALSO, porkchops>bacon.

Look, the black people already have Tiger Woods...

You guys are not getting the king of evil!
You do know Tiger Woods is Caublanasian, right?

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
I live in an area where there are more Asian people than black people

I guess that's what you get for living on the Pacific coast

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
id say brawl in america is 50% white 50% not white, for obvious reasons.
id say brawl in japan is 75% japanese and 25% non- japanese, for even more obvious reasons, but there is really good diversity in this game and thats all that matters

side note: i dont think Tiger Woods has any white in him, i thought he was just black-asian

one more thing, ganon is black, thats all there is too it. XD

ps. bacon>> any other form of pig

Zodiac

Smash Master
white>black>eskamoes>mexicans...
Im not sure about the eskimos and mexacins but Im pretty sure the first two are right, but I to noticed (just from videos of crew battles and what not) that about a quarter of the people there are black, usually.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm black, ad i have alot of black friends who love smash.

But i also have a ton of white friends who love it too.

Dumb thread imo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I didn't really wanna post in this thread, seeing as i'm mexican and we usually don't get a voice. XD But..

LMAO!
Why would you be hesistant? Yeah, we usually don't get a voice, but at least we're at a neutral standpoint which we can use as a facade.

Umpadumpalump

Smash Apprentice
A lot of smashers I know are black including me, but a lot of them are white and asian too.

Grunt

Smash Master
CoD4 and Smash(all fighters really) has more black people than any other competitive scene i've seen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why aren't there any mixed people?
Wow, we must be a rare sight among Smash.
I'm mixed too and so is just about every other Mexican. I have Native American in me along with European and more than likely some Chinese.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
it probably goes like this in the USA

whites>asians> blacks > hispanics> other races.

of course areas like loiusianna where the OP is from is a more black area.

latino smashers and NJ smashers in general FTWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Well, I would say that there are a lot of amazing Black smashers. While technically the game is pale-dominant, I'd say as you go up the latter, non-white smashers tend to **** more than the pale peeps.

And Black smashers tend to have outrageously awesome personalities, so their 'presence' is probably greater than all others.

black ppl love pork (i am black and i personally believe bacon should be used as currency)
So does this mean come January next year, America's national food can be bacon? w0000000t!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Black smasher here! (woot)

Anyway, I tend to see this a lot more in games like Halo and Call of Duty 4, but I never knew that Smash had such a diverse range of cultures and ethnicities. Btw, I never knew Taj was black!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
it probably goes like this in the USA

whites>asians> blacks > hispanics> other races.

of course areas like loiusianna where the OP is from is a more black area.

latino smashers and NJ smashers in general FTWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
What other races are there? Aren't Pacific Islanders considered Asian along with maybe Native Americans and Australian Aborigines and others around that area are considered Black?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Well, I would say that there are a lot of amazing Black smashers. While technically the game is pale-dominant, I'd say as you go up the latter, non-white smashers tend to **** more than the pale peeps.

And Black smashers tend to have outrageously awesome personalities, so their 'presence' is probably greater than all others.

So does this mean come January next year, America's national food can be bacon? w0000000t!
Words only I would expect a JIVE TURKEY to say.

XD but it IS true. They have a more energitic personality than many others, and it really matches with my own.

I am almost tempted to record me saying my Olimar death cry so you can just hear me clown it redneck style. =D

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
ganon is black, Game and Watch is black, but Bowser is the blackest of them all. He only kidnaps that white ***** peach. This is Bowser's actual theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8kgHK8qOQ
That wasn't funny...
Black smashers AREN'T the majority
This thread is silly
You people need to learn not to go too far with jokes
Not all black people/smashers [insert stereotype here]

And before anybody says anything, I am black. <.<

That wasn't funny...
Black smashers AREN'T the majority
This thread is silly
You people need to learn not to go too far with jokes
Not all black people/smashers [insert stereotype here]

And before anybody says anything, I am black. <.<
Says the person with ****ing Peach in his sig >_>.

Come on man, this is the interwebs, I'm black myself (Did you really think a Nigerian person could be white? Buddy the only place you're gonna find Whites are in South Africa, and we all know they don't count >_>) and I find most of these jokes mild at best.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Says the person with ****ing Peach in his sig >_>.

Come on man, this is the interwebs, I'm black myself (Did you really think a Nigerian person could be white? Buddy the only place you're gonna find Whites are in South Africa, and we all know they don't count >_>) and I find most of these jokes mild at best.
What about places like Egypt that are above the Sahara Desert?

Foxy

Smash Master
It really depends on your region: SoCal players won't have as many blacks and anything southern will probably have more.

Almost all of the good smashers I've met over here on the east coast have been black. I'm a tiny white boy and I find them awesome, they're cool peeps and they seem to be really good at the game.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Words only I would expect a JIVE TURKEY to say.

XD but it IS true. They have a more energitic personality than many others, and it really matches with my own.

I am almost tempted to record me saying my Olimar death cry so you can just hear me clown it redneck style. =D
The only difference about myself being a turkey:

I can actually fly.

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
lol tay zonday would..

anyway.
among our small group, 1 asian, 1 indian, 2 blacks, 4 whites
the skill levels are pretty even, with the best player being one of the blacks and the worst is probably one of the whites.

the best melee players i've ever seen in real life were a pair of black brothers from my friends brothers high school. they were frightening.

take this information as you will.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lets see just within my crew we have... 5 black guys. 5 White guys. 1 Hispanic. And 1 Asian. xD the NJ/Pa/NY community is pretty much all varied as well. I'd say its about even, if any has less in my area its asian.

The 5 black guys in my crew would rock the 5 white guys in a crew battle tho. So I see what you mean. ^-^ j/k lol.

Top Bottom