• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash best and worst

AXXotekk

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

List list your favorite Top 3 and Low 3 in characters and stages and give a description why you chose this.

Main-Your most played character and the character that represents you.

Secondary- Your second option when you don't want to use your main character. Also a character that your good with.

Tertiary- A character that you like but more of a fun character. May also be a alternate to your second option..

for example

(Main)1. Luigi- He is the character I feel most comfortable with.

(Secondary)2.Ness- He was my main a long time ago and I know his moveset well.

(Tertiary)3.Mr.G&W- A very fun character to play around with and when my Ness fails I use
him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now list your worst top 3 characters. These are characters that you have difficulty fighting against.

Main- The character you hate the most and gives you the most trouble when fighting up against.

Secondary-A character that is still difficult to defeat but still know enough to defeat them.

Tertiary- A character that occasionally ko's you and gets on your nerves.

for example

(Main)1. Pikachu- He is a character that gives me the hardest time because of his easily spammable moves.

(Secondary)2. Falco- He gives me difficulty because he is difficult to grab and combos me a lot.

(Tertiary)3. Ice Climbers- I hate their grabs and can be irritating when aggressive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now list your top 3 favorite stages. and give a description why. No custom stages allowed

Mine are:

1. Delfino plaza- I like the changing setting and is still competitive. All around best stage in Brawl.

2. Castle seige - pretty much the same as the first one.

3. Final Destination - I like this level the most for competitive play. I also like that it has no interference and no platforms. It also has a well animated Background. Much better than melee's.

Now list your top 3 most hated stages. These are levels that you think are horrible.

mine are:

1. New Pork city- Too large and I cant even see my character. waste of disk space.

2. Rumble falls- I cant believe they would continue this idea?

3. 75m- That Donkey Kong at the top is annoying.

I know that these topics have been discussed before but Im trying to put all these topics into one thread just to get everybody's opinion.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
okey

my favorite top 3 are

(Main)Sonic: I absolutely love his playstyle. I guess it's because I enjoy being very aggressive and therefore speed is a very handy attribute.

(secondary)MetaKnight: when Sonic don't work, MK is my solution ;)

(Tertiary) Captain Falcon. four reason why i play capitan falcon:
1- just he is fun :laugh:
2- pawnch
3- the taunts
4- The knee

Low 3:

(Main)Olimar, i can't predice hem very well

(secondary)Pikachu, sonic hates electricity >.<

(Tertiary)Wolf, I hate his neutral B¬¬ and his foward smash

Favorite stages
(Main) Smashville: It's simple and i love the movil plataform

(Secondary) Final destination: his background is Awesome and i can do a wall jump to recovery with Sonic.

(Tertiary)Halberd: i like it, and is funny

low stages
(main)Rumble falls: i hate it

(Secondary)electroplankton: the fights are bored here

(tertiary)New pork city: i hate this place, but NPC+ is interesting

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Top 3
Main-MK, I was very excited for him being in Brawl, plus he's cool, so why not?
Secondary-Samus, HUGE Metroid fan, plus she can kick major @$$
Tertiary-Captain Falcon, YES!
Worst 3
Ike-He's retardedly overpowered, if it weren't for his ****ty recovery, you couldn't kill him
Snake-Mines SUCK. Period. But I've learned most of his traps
Diddy Kong or Ice Climbers-Usually kill easily, but every now and then, I get pwned
Stages
Top 3
Frigate Orpheon-It's Prime's first rep in the Smash Bros. series, and the flip never gets me. Great stage, in my opinion
Delfino-Balanced, not many deathtraps, loved Sunshine too
Battlefield-I liked this version WAAAAAY better than Melee's
Worst 3
Mario Bros-Waste of a stage, if you ask me
Pirate Ship-Too many ridiculous deaths, just an awful, awful stage
Mushroomy Kingdom-Why? This stage is annoying and too many pitfalls/ungrabbable ledges

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Top 3
Main- Snake is awesome because he has grenades.
Secondary- I prefer not to use him but I will sometimes bring out Metaknight.
tertiary- Olimar is very underrated and few know the matchup.
Worst 3
D3- hate that chaingrab
Ice Climbers- One grab and your dead
MK- Some people have really annoying Metaknights. Others I don't mind.

Stages I like
Smashville- I don't know what it is just like the stage.
Yoshi's Island new version- Another balanced stage I like for no reason.
Delfino- The most fun stage in Brawl for me to play on. Even with Snake lol.

Stages I hate
Hyrule temple- too big
New Pork City- see above
75m- Let's just go with the big stage theme.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Best characters, in order, King Dedede, Snake, and R.O.B., all heavyweights, all live to incredible percents.

I hate fighting Ice Climbers, Olimar, and MK. MK wouldn't be so bad if our local tournies didn't ban him. <__< IC's and Olimar are both bad MU's for Dedede, which is where Snake (sorta) comes in.

Best stages are Battlefield, Delfino, and Norfair. Battlefield is my most comfortable neutral, Delfino for walls and walkoffs, and when people used to see me go Dedede on Norfair, they didn't know what to expect.

Worst stages would be Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, and PS1. Rainbow Cruise is the dumbest CP stage ever, Dedede on Castle Siege gets ***** in teams, and I don't feel comfortable recovering on Pokemon Stadium.

carlisha57

Smash Rookie
Hello Friends!
List list your favorite Top 3 and Low 3 in characters and stages and give a description why you chose this.
Main-Your most played character and the character that represents you.
Secondary- Your second option when you don't want to use your main character. Also a character that your good with.
Tertiary- A character that you like but more of a fun character. May also be a alternate to your second option..

Pokemon Z RPG

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZRPGHD
3DS FC
0602-6462-1864
Top 3 Characters:

Main - Toon Link - He is who I am best with and who I feel most comfortable with.

Secondary - Mario - Mario is a great backup, still in training, and his final smash is one of the best in my opinion.

Tertiary - Kirby - Kirby is who I use after I get bored of Mario, and he is still in major training.

Worst 3 Characters:

Main - King Dedede - He is simply not my cup of tea at all.

Secondary - Peach - Same as triple d, and I hate her Final Smash.

Tertiary - Marth - I'm not sure why I am not good at him or like him, I just don't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Stages:

1. Final Destination - Very simple, no interference, and simple is good when it comes to Brawl.

2. Delfino Plaza - Beautiful surroundings and I like the music a lot.

3. SmashVille - Excellent game and great stage to go with it. Very cool.

Worst 3 Stages:

Can't think of any at the moment.

shao49

Smash Rookie

Main-Ganondorf, his power allows me to play aggressively without too many mind games

Secondary- Pokemon Trainer, Love the way all the pokemon play

Tertiary- Samus, my friends and i joke about how she lost all her power-ups

Worst

Main- Pikachu, Spam down-b

Secondary- Diddy Kong (Ultimate Troll)

Tertiary- Mario...

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
fox, he fast, can combo, people underestimate him, and i've played as him since 64
marth, good character, mostly to fight bad fox match ups.
ice climbers, im just good enough with their chains to agrivate noobs

metaknight, i think you know why
sonic: to play good he HAS to be annoying as ****
rob: piece of crap toy character

battlefield, makes for go into **** mode
halberd: it has O2 remix, and is a bad *** stage
smashville: pretty good neutral i play on alot.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Top 3 Characters:
1: Pikachu - My main, I feel the most comfortable with him and I use him in a competitive setting.
2: Ike - A close second; I use him about 45% of the time.
3: Wario/Snake - I use 'em mainly for fun but I can beat a fair amount of people with them.

Worst 3 Characters:
1: Olimar - I can never ever beat him!
2: Fox - I should be able to beat him pretty easily with Pikachu (70:30 matchup) but I can never seem to! And a guy named Foxy has an absolutely beastly Fox.
3: Diddy Kong - For obvious reasons.

Top 3 Stages:
1: Delfino Plaza - I beat a lot of poeple with this one. :chuckle:
2: Final Destination - Especially with Pikachu.
3: Battlefield - Especially with Ike.

Worst 3 Stages:
1: Norfair - If you want to beat me, I reccomend picking this. :p
2: New Pork City - Is anyone good at this stage? Seriously.
3: 75m - Hate this one.

Sarayu

Smash Rookie
Characters

Best

Zero Suit Samus: Fast, unpredictable if used right and paralyzing people is a huge plus
Zelda: My second main and if used right can be deadly (especially her Forward+B and Up+B)
Pokemon Trainer: The Pokemon aren't bad and I love Pokemon, so it's obvious I love having fun with them

Worst

Ness: Most annoying character
Olimar: Just never found him to be good at all despite what people say about him
Jigglypuff: Just lacks any power and is way too easy to KO

Stages

Best

Lylat Cruise: Love the epic background and the stage set up is nice<3
Final Destination: Simple yet brings out the best in me. The background is also one-of-a-kind.
Battlefield: Simple set up yet great for competitive play

Worst

Rumble Falls: Hate this stage. Moving stages make me feel angry at life D:<
Rainbow Cruise: Same as above
New Pork City: Just way too freakin' huge. Period.

atown238

Smash Rookie
top 3 characters:
1. ROB- i mean he is a fighting robot for gods sake how isnt he b.a.
2. Falco- Hes quick he can wall grab he can cg and he has an awesome shine
3. Marth- I like him a little bit better than ike due to the fact he is a lot faster
bottom 3
1. Jigz- can somewhat fly but really the only things she has going is rest and wop
2. Sonic- too fast for his own good, moves look pathetic also
3. mario- im just not good with him for some reason it sucks
top 3 stages
1. Pictochat- i love all of the different animations for it and its a balanced stage
2. FD- its just a good platform
3. Smashville- like final destination only with a ocelating platform above
Worst 3
1. New Pork City- who ever thought of that is a moron. the games on that stage go for too long
2. Hyrule Temple- that lower level is just asking people to camp to not get killed
3. Green Hill Zone- are you kidding me. this stage is worse than pirateship!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Characters

Best
Snake: Lives FOREVERRRRRRRR, projectiles, stage control, decent recovery, AMAZING ground game to make up for his mediocre air game.
Lucario: His playstyle diversity is so amazing. Good projectile, not a TERRIBLE recovery, not a lot of lag on aerials.
D3: So heavy, can stay alive, chain throw, projectile, lots of multi hit attacks, etc.

Worst
Jiggs: Just can't seem to save fair for kills, I use it too much.
Ice Climbers: I just can't CG at allllll with them,
Zelda: Fuuuuuuuuuuck I kill myself so much with her recovery.

Stages

Best
Smashville: Moving C4's, pretty big, basic, loooove it. :D
Pictochat: I use the hazards soooo well.
Halberd: Same as Pictochat, and it's huge. :D

Worst
Castle Siege: I hate the 2nd transform.
Pokemon Stadium 1: The windmill, and the lip sucks really bad.
Japes: I don't really dislike it that much, but yeah.

These stages are all for competitive Brawl.

skabs

Smash Rookie
Best

1. Diddy Kong- Fast, great combos, and a lot of fun

2. Rob- Has the ability to create a lot of pressure, and his projectiles can work with his ground game to disrupt opponents.

3. Captain Falcon- I mained falcon in Melee and the original, and even though he has lost a lot of what made him great, he is still a blast to play!

Worst

1. Pit- Sir spamalot, I can't stand characters who can win a fight by avoiding the opponent

2. Pika- See above. I respect Pika mains a lot though, because I can see how much skill it takes to maintain perfect spacing.

3. MK- Depends on the style, but the gay planking/timeout metas just drive me insane. See pit.

Best Stages

1. FD- Great music, great background, quite simply the ultimate board

2. Smashville- Kinda the same reasons as FD, but the strange music just causes me to crack up sometimes

3. Frigate- I like the transformations, they help keep me on my toes. Also the stage size discourages camping

Worst Stages
1. Any Moving Stage (mushroom kingdom, Jungle falls, ect)- Stages like this give me a headache. A lot of the time I worry more about the stage than my opponent

2. Stages with moving floors (pokemon stadium 2 for example)- This is just so annoying, throws off my spacing and air game a lot. I adapt quickly, but it always causes frustration.

3. Summit- The Ice Climber's stage gets a special mention because not only does it have both of the things I mentioned above, but it also has instant-death hazards. Who would design a stage this bad???!!!

Top Bottom