• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

mimic_king

Smash Lord
it's Limp Bizkit.

how could you guys not get that? the whole freakin video is about LB. who else could it be? Snoop Dogg?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
For anyone guessing Sonic, here's a little tidbit to help cement your belief in (I say belief, because it's a coin toss between most of the characters right now, and nothing is really totally out of the question...except for Zamus and Ike. >_>).

At 2:44, the vocals start up again with "Rollin, rollin, rollin". This is the third time in the video that the chorus is sung.

Sonic has 3 different rolls.

do u c eet?

Also, the name of the album the song is on is "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water".

A hot dog is similar to a chili dog.

That's all the convincing you need.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
At 2:44, the vocals start up again with "Rollin, rollin, rollin". This is the third time in the video that the chorus is sung.

Sonic has 3 different rolls.

do u c eet?
He has quite a bit more than 3 different rolls...

-Dash Attack
-Ledge Recovery Attack
-Attack from Falling over (Trip and just faceplant animation)
-Up Smash
-Down Smash
-Down Throw
-Back Throw (He DOES Roll)
-Forward Aerial
-Neutral Aerial
-Down Special
-Side Special
-Neutral Special
-Down Taunt
-Jump
-Double Jump
-Falling animation

I count 16 rolls there...

Stroupes

Smash Lord

-Dash Attack
-Ledge Recovery Attack
-Up Smash
-Down Smash
-Down Throw
-Forward Aerial
-Neutral Aerial
-Down Special
-Side Special
-Neutral Special
-Down Taunt
-Jump
-Double Jump
-Falling animation

You're counting mostly spins, or 360 degree movement. Not "rolling," however.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Yes it is so obviously Sonic it is crazy. Of course the hint is meant to not be obvious but that is clearly just useless text put in the hint to confuse us. In actuality it is the most obvious thing you can see right from the title.

In fact nothing else in the song even relates to the other characters so it must be Sonic.

/sarcasm

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord

-Dash Attack
-Ledge Recovery Attack
-Up Smash
-Down Smash
-Down Throw
-Forward Aerial
-Neutral Aerial
-Down Special
-Side Special
-Neutral Special
-Down Taunt
-Jump
-Double Jump
-Falling animation

Those are more spins than anything. <_> The only times he's actually rolling on the ground are his side and down B, and his dash.

But I was mostly kidding with that, anyways. :laugh:

EDIT: And thanks for whoever levelled my card. ^^ I'm now currently ranked the 9th highest level in the world. :p

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I've got the answer.

In the background of the video, there are blocks there, very similar to the blocks in Mario Bros realm. This would indicate that it would be someone from the Mushroom Kingdom realm. Due to the whacky dancing and the green looking outfit, I would assume it's Luigi.

I think it's a little far out for a guess, but I'm sure the lyrics of the song and the man dancing are merely a distraction from the real hint, and that leaves the disco balls or the background blocks. The disco balls only scream jiggs to me, but I don't really think that is the answer. It's too simplistic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
SONIC!!!... not.

You're counting mostly spins, or 360 degree movement. Not "rolling," however.
Yes.

Sonic has 7 rolls:

[Shield]+[Forward]
[Shield]+[Back]
(out of tumble fall) [Shield] (AS YOU HIT THE GROUND) + [Forward]
(out of tumble fall) [Shield] (AS YOU HIT THE GROUND) + [Back]
(knocked down) [Forward]
(knocked down) [Back]
(hanging from ledge) [Shield]

But, Luigi has 7 rolls as well.

And he has a wider variety of dance moves than Sonic, And they resemble the moves shown by the dancer at "2:44".

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥ If this is comes out to be Peach, I'll listen to this song everyday for the rest of my life.

Just kidding, I really think this song is atrocious. ( No offense)

♥Hmmmmm. but the obvious answer seems to be Sonic. I mean, isn't the background blue? ;)

♥But maybe this is TOO obvious. ;)

M@v

Subarashii!
wtf it has been like 10 minutes and no one responded
sorry I was doing homework. DONT HURT ME.

anyway, Im thinking weegee. The guy reminded me of luigi...and his final smash looked like luigi breaking it down in his taunt/final smash....

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Blue cubes, blue spheres, spinning lights, and a man dressed like fox in a top hat.

Blur the lines a little and you get closer. Blur the lines a second time and you have the answer? blue cubes... Ice? blue spheres... ? Is that fox in a top hat we are supposed to see? A collage of his world(s)?

IDK right now.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
i have another theory. Samurai said that this is the most difficult hint yet. he wants us to think that it's a character that has something to do with the video. he wants to lead us in a different direction. that way, we'll never find out about the character. so far we've been saying sonic, jigglypuff, or luigi. he wants us to talk about these characters so that we dont suggest the correct character. this could be an update that's not even in the game, just like mewtwo being an update. nice try Samurai, but i have figured out your secret.

the answer is Bart Simpson.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
No, the update is non-existant. I have probably stated my rick-roll theory five or six times by now - song famous for being bad about rolling, and the hint is in a scene that SAYS its rollin' you while a guy in an ugly suit dances.

If you really want to look for creatively placed clues, look in the actual wording of the hint, and maybe even in the lettering of the youtube link. Also, try looking into the word "obtuse" samurai used. maybe :D actually means : followed by a d, and the character is Donkey Kong. I really don't know, but if Overswarm starts mentioning famous artists, I'm tempted to look at the hint (2:44) as a portrait, with the mention of Picasso a portrait with exagerations and blurred lines.

infomon

Smash Scientist
You guys need to start talking to Picasso more and less to Rembrandt.
OS wants us to think a little more abstract. I'm not sure what direction though :urg:

But I've changed my guess to Wario. From wikipedia: "WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a collection of microgames based on simple actions which usually last fewer than five seconds each."

And what have we got? A short snippet of a guy showing off his smooth moves.

10warios

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Halloween Captain, you just looked at my hint as Rembrandt would. Just FYI.
??? The first paragraph or the second?

To look at your hint like picasso is to distort it to make the image more true to character than the original appearance.

Pokemon Trainer suddenly seems a lot more appealing to me, but I can't quite place my finger on why that is. Rap song, Pokerap, the posture and hand porition that dancer made at (2:44)... Pokemon Trainer? Do Pokemon Trainers think they're gangsta?

Denzi

Smash Master
But I've changed my guess to Wario. From wikipedia: "WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a collection of microgames based on simple actions which usually last fewer than five seconds each."

And what have we got? A short snippet of a guy showing off his smooth moves.

10warios
o_O.

That's good.

I tend to believe it's luigi though. His moves are smoother than Wario's.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
i have got it!

he looks like he's holding a gun in his hand. he wears clothes just like fox. he could be fox. look at this picture:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr157/fosho2211/untitled.jpg

the circled part looks like fox, or possibly charizard. pokemon trainer is ranked pretty low on the tier list. in starfox, you had to keep doing a barrel roll. that's what the rollin, rollin, rollin refers to.

this is just a thought. im still sticking with my other theory on sonic.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Now that I think about it more, it should be Sonic. Let's look at the facts here.

Limp Bizkit sucks. FACT.
Most Sonic games also SUCK. FACT.

Coincidence?

Throughout his games all he does is roll around and run.
Limp Bizkit was supposed to be cool, and that's what Sonic was supposed to be when he was created too, cool with an attitude.

A Blue Fox man? Blue animal? Sonic?

Fred Durst is a poser, just like what Shadow accused Sonic of being in Sonic Adventure 2, well...Faker, but same thing really.

Sonic is Fast, and in the upcoming Sonic Unleashed, with the were-hog transformation, he'll certainly be furious.

But since most of these "Clues" typically end up being the last expected character when I guess at them, for all we know it could be one of those other character....

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
This might seem random, but I think its Wario since the song is about driving and the only character that truly drives anything is Wario.

My other guesses are Sonic, Jigz, or Ness

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This might seem random, but I think its Wario since the song is about driving and the only character that truly drives anything is Wario.
Fox drives an Arwing...
Pokemon Trainers drive bikes...
Captain Falcon drives the Blue Falcon...
Samus has her ship...

And more that I probably missed.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Fox drives an Arwing...
Pokemon Trainers drive bikes...
Captain Falcon drives the Blue Falcon...
Samus has her ship...

And more that I probably missed.
Yoshi has a Ship (He really does)
Mario has Yoshi... and various other stuff
Peach has her personal carriage
Bowser has the Koopa Klown Kar
DK and Diddy has that Rhino and Swordfish thing, along with others
Link has Epona
Ganondorf has that dark horse who's name I don't know
Toon Link has the King of Red Lions
Samus has her multiple ships
Ice Climbers have the condor
Kirby has Warp Stars
MetaKnight has the Halberd
Dedede I'm sure has something
Olimar has his ship
Fox and Falco have Arwings
Wolf has the Wolfen
Captain Falcon has the Blue Falcon that other ship thats an actually a Ship (Forgot name)
Ness I think has a Bike... but I think he can take a Cab too
Mr. Game & Watch has various vehicles in his world
Did Snake ever drive anything?
Sonic pilots Tails plane from Sonic 3 sometimes... and that Go Kart from Sonic Adventure 2

Yeah... almost every character has a means of transportation....

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I really think its fox, the green pants and the "COME ON!" really makes it seem that way. Not to mention the "come on" happens right at 2:44 and he says it kinda like fox does.

yeah.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yoshi has a Ship (He really does)
Mario has Yoshi... and various other stuff
Peach has her personal carriage
Bowser has the Koopa Klown Kar
DK and Diddy has that Rhino and Swordfish thing, along with others
Link has Epona
Ganondorf has that dark horse who's name I don't know
Toon Link has the King of Red Lions
Samus has her multiple ships
Ice Climbers have the condor
Kirby has Warp Stars
MetaKnight has the Halberd
Dedede I'm sure has something

Olimar has his ship
Fox and Falco have Arwings
Wolf has the Wolfen
Captain Falcon has the Blue Falcon that other ship thats an actually a Ship (Forgot name)
Ness I think has a Bike... but I think he can take a Cab too
Mr. Game & Watch has various vehicles in his world
Did Snake ever drive anything?

Sonic pilots Tails plane from Sonic 3 sometimes... and that Go Kart from Sonic Adventure 2

Yeah... almost every character has a means of transportation....
D3 arrives to the Brawl on his little stand thing, plus I'm certain I remember him using another means of transportation as well.

Snake got a plane lift in MGS:3, but I'm not sure about 4 as I haven't played it.
And Pikachu rode various other pokemon (Pidgeot) in the anime I believe.

In any case, this gigantic list does elimate the "transportation vehicle; therefore it's Wario" thinking.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Falcon Flyer, baby!

You guys need to start talking to Picasso more and less to Rembrandt.
More than 8/10 of the answers so far have been Sonic/Jiggs "because they roll", and you're giving a hint based on fine art?

Besides, I already called Picasso on my time box like... eight pages ago. He e-mailed me this...
...and told me to stop bothering him.

So a big fat help that was.

Top Bottom