• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Everyone that's saying anything other than IC's has obviously not read the pages before > . >

Also it is Plusle and Minum.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Everyone that's saying anything other than IC's has obviously not read the pages before
for what reason would it be IC's? They dont have extremely powerful attacks, and they're not hard to land. They have decently powerful attacks, but I wouldn't call them extremely powerful.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I heard it was IC, I'm not sure how they fit, but they might be.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/2424719-post12.html

^Post
Guys, I think I've got it. The answer is Ice Climbers. The entire description is for the ICs, from their original game. Don't believe me? Try it out in Masterpieces.

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. In Ice Climbers, you only have one jump, and your momentum is pretty much set once you leave the ground, so the entire game is the frustrating tedium of jumping platform to platform. So yes, you are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. Absolutely. There are no projectiles in Ice Climbers. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, You can't swing your hammer in midair so the Nitpickers are annoying, and they can follow you between levels of the mountain. And don't forget the infamous Condor at the peak, the ICs true nemesis. and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain. Your hammers are 1hit KO on all enemies! (I think, maybe 2 hits for bears?) But of course the trouble is getting around the platforms to actually hit the toppies and bears with them!

How's that for thinking outside the box? Alternatively, the answer could be Ridley, because he fits pretty well too :psycho:
/Proof

10iceclimbers

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Guys, I think I've got it. The answer is Ice Climbers. The entire description is for the ICs, from their original game. Don't believe me? Try it out in Masterpieces.

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. In Ice Climbers, you only have one jump, and your momentum is pretty much set once you leave the ground, so the entire game is the frustrating tedium of jumping platform to platform. So yes, you are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. Absolutely. There are no projectiles in Ice Climbers. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, You can't swing your hammer in midair so the Nitpickers are annoying, and they can follow you between levels of the mountain. And don't forget the infamous Condor at the peak, the ICs true nemesis. and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain. Your hammers are 1hit KO on all enemies! (I think, maybe 2 hits for bears?) But of course the trouble is getting around the platforms to actually hit the toppies and bears with them!

How's that for thinking outside the box? Alternatively, the answer could be Ridley, because he fits pretty well too :psycho:
Reposting this because people haven't seem to read it recently.
Edit: Lol at somebody posting the same thing right before me.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
no wonder he said we'd have trouble with this one. i think you are right. we haven't read the pages

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Yeah, i really do think it's ICs. I mean, theres a reason why this hint isn't made by SP this time. If you look at the hint, it just says 'the game's physics engine'. It doesn't say BRAWL's physics like most of the OTHER hints DID. it just says: GAME. Meaning their classic game. seriously, they did make jumping in that super hard. and you only had 1 jump. and it was hard to land on platforms, seriously. you had to DI precisely and stuff.

So ya thats what i think. And with the : lacks projectiles in basic gameplay... that can ALSO apply to their classic game, cus im pretty sure you couldn't kill your opponents except with a hammer or something? for example, if you did have projectiles, it would be a lot more easy and not as frustrating. thats why in that specific area, many people are confused. its cus they didnt SPECIFY what BASIC gameplay is, and also what LACKS PROJECTILES means.

so ya this is why i think its ICs

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
IT'S IKE!

IT'S IKE!

Guys, it HAS to be IKE because of the HURRICANE! The SBR can predict the weather perfectly ahead of time after all!

So after further analysis, it has to beeeeee...

...oh, wait.

Yeah, i really do think it's ICs. I mean, theres a reason why this hint isn't made by SP this time. If you look at the hint, it just says 'the game's physics engine'. It doesn't say BRAWL's physics like most of the OTHER hints DID. it just says: GAME. Meaning their classic game. seriously, they did make jumping in that super hard. and you only had 1 jump. and it was hard to land on platforms, seriously. you had to DI precisely and stuff.

So ya thats what i think. And with the : lacks projectiles in basic gameplay... that can ALSO apply to their classic game, cus im pretty sure you couldn't kill your opponents except with a hammer or something? for example, if you did have projectiles, it would be a lot more easy and not as frustrating. thats why in that specific area, many people are confused. its cus they didnt SPECIFY what BASIC gameplay is, and also what LACKS PROJECTILES means.

so ya this is why i think its ICs
Congratulations on jumping on the bandwagon.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I think It's Pokemon trainer. This could easily describe the 3 of them all in one.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ Possibly

Platform problems? 'Zard
"Basic" gameplay lacks projectiles? Mr. PT himself
Insanely strong? ...dunno

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think It's Pokemon trainer. This could easily describe the 3 of them all in one.
...Really? After all these posts, after one week, you think it's PT? All right then.

Anyway, way to figure it out too quickly. A lot more fun could have been had. Although I see that the hint STILL mindgamed people even though the trick was discovered.

Play Ice Climber for the NES. Or don't, considering it sucks.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The problem with hints now is the fact that there are less characters to choose from.

It's always gonna be easier now than how it used to be, sadly.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
The next is Pichu. Can't wait to hear the review because of Pichu's great mindgames and new forward throw. Pichu is ridiculous in Brawl.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
A pichu killed me today. it was horrible. Like my meta night was destroyed by pichcus insane down-b that now causes a thunder 10x in radius. granted the little guy akes 50 dmg each time but its so worth it now that it also deals 10x the dmg and knockback. its been known to kill ganon and bower at the insane 52%

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Pichu is so broken. I think we should ban him without any analysis on how to avoid his broken techniques whatsoever.

/ends spam

mimic_king

Smash Lord
The next is Pichu. Can't wait to hear the review because of Pichu's great mindgames and new forward throw. Pichu is ridiculous in Brawl.
yeah. almost as good as roy in brawl, might even surpass mewtwo in brawl, but wont be able to beat the almighty dr. mario in brawl.

young link is amazing in brawl. so amazing, that they had to make him look like his wind waker incarnation to hide his awesomeness from everyone else. the toon look is pretty nice though.

Top Bottom