• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Pikachu was guessed even before Samurai put up the new hit, and was immediately recognized as the Character of the Week within two posts. All things considered, the majority of early posters couldn't even consider any real alternative to Pikachu.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Do Jigglypuff last. She needs sometime for people to discover more things with her. Pick Marth or someone lame that we already know is high tier.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
New hint is up. I dunno how it'll do... I just hope the post right after this one isn't the right character >_<

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
The spacing part seems like Marth. I live in Europe, so I can't really judge the other parts of the hint (I really have't played Brawl enough). I think the character is Marth.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
So, are we right, SamuraiPanda? I really can't see how Marth pressures a shield that much more than a your average shield pressuring character, but you'll probably be right.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I'm always bad at guessing these,

Zamus fits everything except she isn't the best at shield pressure
Marth is a good bet too, but he doesn't seem to be as punishable on many moves
Lucario too fits pretty well

I will vote for Zamus, because thats who I want it to be

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It could be G&W. All his attacks have disjointed hitboxes (for spacing) and the "shield pressure" and "unusual combo" fits him well too

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Im between Marth and DK but I think is Marth.
And btw,about punishable moves:If you miss one smash with Marth,you are going to get punished.
Marth doesnt have any safe move to kill also.
Yeah I think is Marth.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
im gonna guess wario. hes all about spacing. shield pressure is most likely d-air. punishing move to be punished = f-smash its soo good yet leaves u vulnerable after it ends

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
could be wrong

I may be biased but that sounds like Sonic to me.

What other character has moves that are punishable (spin dashes), but is adept at punishing others with them (speed)

Maybe it'll be more obvious if I rewrite the first sentence of the clue:

If there were one word to describe this character, it would be "speed," but we can't say that because you'll know that it's sonic so we say "spacing" instead.

Of course I could just be crazy and It's just Wario

Hypnotoad

Smash Rookie
this kinda sounds like bowser

also, "most of the character's attacks are punishable" yea, that really sounds like marth

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario sounds pretty good to me. He can pressure with Dair and Chomp, he is ALMOST complete crap without good reading or predicting skills since most of his moves are punishable if they miss and he doesn't have the range to compensate for bad reading, and his moves are great for punishing in terms of speed AND power (Do you want a Fsmash or Waft to the face? Didn't think so :p )

He also is very reliant on spacing to avoid counterattacks and he certainly has some weird combos, from Chomp to Boost Smash, to the various Dair and other combos he has.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to say Ivysaur. The description matches her perfectly in all aspects.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It's marth.

Shield pressure game for sure.
Spacing for sure.
Unusual combos sounds like the grab release stuff.

It's marth.

Top Bottom