• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
AAAAA I'm very sorry, i had some problems in reallife, not concerning this tournament but heavily interfering. nevertheless i worked on stuff and now im back for good and in full force.

check out the first post which is kinda updated now. i added some stuff like my contact information beside icq and msn so if you have some urging question go for the email adress. i wrote "kinda" updated because things have been thrown up which still should be discussed or i just need to "fix:
I want to adress couple of rules here, which I feel have not been thoroughly explained and just pasted here, along with some stages which I feel are inappropriate to be played on as they have been banned on. And as an experienced tournament organizer, I feel it's prudent to address these problems before the tourney as well.
I want to adress couple of rules here, which I feel have not been thoroughly explained and just pasted here, along with some stages which I feel are inappropriate to be played on as they have been banned on. And as an experienced tournament organizer, I feel it's prudent to address these problems before the tourney as well.

First of all, the whole of the ruleset should be more thoroughly explained as not everyone will know what "advanced slob picks" mean, to be more newb and user friendly.

advanced slob pick is a good thing to point out since many newbs wont actually know the acurate procedure but no, i wont explain all the rules in detail.

Secondly, I do think many points here haven't been explained well. What variation of dave's stupid rule is in place? Is it that same stage cannot be played on the set at all (nu-uh), that the player who has won on that stage cannot play that stage on the set, or that the player cannot play the stage he last won on (this one I approve the most). this is accurate

Then comes the double blind stageban and stage banning in general. Is every stage bannable or just counterpicks? And is this blind stagebanning mandatory? It's not easily enforced and most played would opt to ban stages after the other one has, while usually have decided to already ban one stage. If a scenario occurs that someone wants to ban the same stage, both players can decide on banning another stage fairly well and in quite less time than 3 minutes lol.

Yes this will be obligatory. We had problems here with both matters in the past and this is the best way to settle. I will provide pens and sheets of paper (or just ask somebody standing by) for the double blind stuff.

I'd also like to note that skyworld, according to sbr recommended brawl rule list, is on the counter/banned section and as your list of brawl cp stages feature none of the other stages on that category, it would be reasonable to remove skyworld from that list as well. Not only skyworld is atrocious as a stage, but you cannot simply take one stage from one category as you see fit and ignore all others which are as good/bad stages when you've neglected to add all of the stages from the foremost counterpick section, but then went and added one stage that's on the werge of being a banned stage instead (and in about every tourney it is). I opt to ban that hideous stage from the list instead of adding more however, as no one wants to play on stage that severely hinders character recovery, easy meteors and kills trough cloud and ceiling spikes.

I also don't see rainbow cruise on that list, when it's borderline neutral stage but less fair stages like luigi's mansion, pirate ship, pictochat and frigate orpheon. That should be remedied.

As for the stages, I offered something i called tournament lagel stage agree. people can choose from the

There is no mention of pools in here, I'm hoping we're gonna have pools though because without those seeding in bracket is gonna be hell and noone can really make that work. Approximate timetable would also be nice, so we'd know when to go to sleep so we can be awake when tourney starts and grab breakfast before that. I'm also interested if there's a kitchen we can use with enough room on refrigerator and ice box, then michrowave. Needs more detailed maps as well.

There will be pools, I`m most likely going to have 2 rounds of pools but due to a request I might go for 1 round of pools instead.
Timetable in first post alongside with maps (what specific map are you looking for?) and no there wont be enough room in the fridge and freezer for like 100 pizzas.

I'm also been made aware that you are seriously planning on runnign over 150 man (and woman) tourney all by yourself. That wouldn't do. It is most unfortunate to hear that you do not want help from any other more experienced tournament hoster but insist on doing all the stuff by yourself, which is one of the reasons why esa2 failed to work properly. I'm also aware that this is the reason why swedish opt to come here instead of esa3. Do you really want to submit them to the same thing they want to avoid and make german smashers a laughing stock because of a failed tournament? From the opening post I could see you have not dwelled on understanding the principles of the rules in place, nor organizing the tournament and what it entails. It is definitely not a picnic, especially a tournament of this scale but hard and stressful work, especially for a newbie organizer.

i wont run this **** all on my own. i simply cant since this thing got hyped really bad and about twice the amount of people planed in the first place are willing to come to this. but as tero said there will be people helping me to everything smoothly.COLOR]

You are most fortunate to have people willing to help you organize this big tourney, you should be glad and not push them away because if you do, you will either fail the tourney by not being a good organizer and spending too much time playing while you should organize things or not touching the controller at all if you want things to run smoothly. Spare yourself the stress, swallow your pride and let trustworthy and dependable people aid you. That is my advice to you and you would be wise to heed it.

Well im not pushing anyone as i can recall but if its about luma that not something of your concern samo.

Six events in three days for a first time host seems like way too much. What are you going to do to prevent a second ESA2 from happening? This has the potential to be big, but it also has the potential to fail big time. How are you going to pull this off? To me it seems like you'd need a big staff. Not trying to be a **** here, but so far responses haven't been very reassuring.

I admit announcing so many official events so early in time was a mistake. Having 6 events with this many people will be really hard, rather impossible. therefore i try to contain the potential huge fail by having the focus on the main events such as brawl and melee singles and melee teams. i probably have to cut brawl teams and i thinking about doing the same for melee lowtier but this is a obligatory event for germans.

Then there's the ruleset. It's not what we're used to in (most of) Europe. Even if you copy/pasted it from the SBR ruleset, that one is outdated and quite liberal from our point of view. I can inform you that it will be updated shortly and there will be additional bans. I'm willing to help you, but only if you're willing to make changes. Are you?

The ruleset is refering to the german standard ruleset which is based on the SBR recommended ruleset. so yeah, I'm up for changes.

Why is the prize money for Brawl divided differently?

I can not actually recall why i wanted to do that in the first place... (maybe because wining brawl is more like gambleing therefore huge jackpot, jk) I dont know anymore and it seems quite irrational. good point there, it would be kind of unfair not to adjust the pots so i most likely will change this.

stop the brawl vs. melee ****. k thx.

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
uhhh

why would you cut brawl teams over melee low tier lol

I love melee much more than brawl, but the way you're doing this is nuts. If you wanna cut something, cut melee low tier or brawl singles. Brawl doubles is the only sane part of brawl, singles is god awful.

just have brawl doubles and brawl singles day one, the melee doubles and melee singles day two

then have crews and low tier day 3. I personally don't think low tier is needed though, but if you guys are so set with it, go ahead.

Just don't cut brawl doubles.

Samochan

Smash Master
uhhh

why would you cut brawl teams over melee low tier lol

I love melee much more than brawl, but the way you're doing this is nuts. If you wanna cut something, cut melee low tier or brawl singles. Brawl doubles is the only sane part of brawl, singles is god awful.

just have brawl doubles and brawl singles day one, the melee doubles and melee singles day two

then have crews and low tier day 3. I personally don't think low tier is needed though, but if you guys are so set with it, go ahead.

Just don't cut brawl doubles.
I wholeheartedly agree with this dude, brawl teams is 10x times more fun than brawl singles and brawl singles takes quite load of time to complete.

Imo, melee pools round 1 should be done in friday if possible. That way there's more time for round 2 pools on satruday and bracket + melee teams. After that you can see if there's still time for low tiers or not.

But as we're gonna have a huge pot, I think the money should really be divided also to the lower placements besides 1, 2 and 3. 128 x 7€ = 896€ But the amount reminds me..

Over 170 interested and only 128 allowed, what a bummer. But I really think you should bump the german numbers down by 10 and take in 10 more foreigners, the very least. Out of 90, only 20 of the interested "german" people would be left out, compared to the 38 foreigners that also need to travel a lot further to be left out. Not forgetting most of the norwegians aren't even on that list. I did get the impression however that this was gonna be one heck of an european tourney, but the amount of foreigner smashers "allowed" in makes me feel sad. However as per usual on every tourney, half of the country's own community doesn't show up so keep us foreigners updated on the situation, note however that we need to get our flight tickets as early as possible so we get em cheap (or not so cheap, but cheaper) so confirm the german smashers as soon as possible so foreigners can book their tickets securely.

But I'd really rather just allow those in that confirm first and not keep places to someone who might not even show up instead. <_<

I'd like to discuss some more over msn if possible. :3

*coughes something about no rainbow ride on brawl stage list, byt skyworld allowed*

Luma

Smash Lord
well before this got that big uck said he'd rather have a german smashfest then an international tournament, he might change this thought know after so many people beeing interessted

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I noticed there are no showers. Is there a place nearby where you can take a shower? I’m willing to pay for it.

I agree that Brawl teams is more interesting than Brawl singles, but you should really have both IMO. I can’t tell you which events to have, but I’d personally go with Melee singles + teams, Brawl singles + teams and MAYBE international crews (but I doubt there will be more than three countries with 10 people available). More than that seems impossible and this is already considering a tight schedule. If this is supposed to be international, it’s probably better to save low tier and German crews for a smaller event.

The prize money was already addressed, looks like you’ll fix that.

On to the rules... I’ll use this post to talk about stages, I’ll look at other things later. Both stage lists are used with one stage ban per player.

For Melee, we use this in the Netherlands as a basis:

Neutral (random select):
-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium

We all agree these stages are as neutral as it can get. Have any more than these and you should do stage striking instead of random select IMO.

Counterpick:
-Battlefield
-Fountain of Dreams (banned in teams)
-Yoshi’s Story

And if we want to be really liberal, we add one or more of these stages to counterpick:

-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle N64
-Mute City (banned in teams)
-Rainbow Cruise

It was all done with this in mind: No randomness, no (extreme) interferences, no stages that tap into different skillsets than the one usually required. Admittedly some of it is a bit arbitrary, but you have to make choices somewhere. I’m willing to explain why I removed certain stages if you think that’s necessary.

Also, no stages just for doubles. Stages that are broken in 1 vs 1 are silly in teams as well IMO because you can end up with 1 vs 1 there too.

On to Brawl:

Neutral (random select):
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Brinstar

Brawl is still young, but this is what we got right now. The philosophy is basically the same as with Melee (maybe a bit more liberal).

Let me know what you think.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marc pretty much summed it up. Maybe you should ask some other german TO to help you though...you never know

:059:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Just to state my opinion on the stages that are set for Melee:
I agree 100% on the stages for Melee Singles. Not that I wanna discuss
with everybody why I think so, but yeah; that's what I think about that.

I disagree with having Termina Bay and Mushroom Kingdom II on for
teams though. I know the Americans uses them on some tourneys, but
really; those stages are way too random, imo.

Faab

Smash Ace
Don't listen to marc Ucken!!! That list is pretty outdated ;)

Random

Battlefield
yoshi's story
fountain of dreams
pokemon stadium
dreamland 64
final destination

Counterpick

Kongo jungle 64
brinstar
rainbow ride

This one's been accepted by our top 5 and will most likely be used at esa3 as a base.

Brawl should be yoshi, battlefield, final destination and smashville only -_-

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
Just to state my opinion on the stages that are set for Melee:
I agree 100% on the stages for Melee Singles. Not that I wanna discuss
with everybody why I think so, but yeah; that's what I think about that.

I disagree with having Termina Bay and Mushroom Kingdom II on for
teams though. I know the Americans uses them on some tourneys, but
really; those stages are way too random, imo.
I can't remember the last time we used MK2 in a tourney, or the last time I saw T bay played, lol

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I can't remember the last time we used MK2 in a tourney, or the last time I saw T bay played, lol
Well, the rules varies from tourney to tourney, and of course which place it's held.
I think it's like a year ago since last time I saw them on, but I can't say I remember the name of the tourney =/

UCK: Haven't seen you on MSN lately. I added you 8 days ago, and according to my MSN, you haven't been online once, yet. If you're not using MSN, what's the easiest way to get a chat with you (except for using the phone, but I'd rather not spend 100£ for just a phone call)?

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
Well, the rules varies from tourney to tourney, and of course which place it's held.
I think it's like a year ago since last time I saw them on, but I can't say I remember the name of the tourney =/
warhammer666477@yahoo.com (E-mail address not verified) says (4:50 AM):
tbay hasn't been used in awhile

warhammer666477@yahoo.com (E-mail address not verified) says (4:50 AM):
neither has Mk2

Robin(Tonberry) says (4:52 AM):
That might be true

Robin(Tonberry) says (4:52 AM):
I think I saw those stages beeing used in an American tourney a year ago or something

warhammer666477@yahoo.com (E-mail address not verified) says (4:53 AM):
it was legal, but not used is what im saying lol

warhammer666477@yahoo.com (E-mail address not verified) says (4:53 AM):
so it might as well not be legal

Random

Battlefield
yoshi's story
fountain of dreams
pokemon stadium
dreamland 64
final destination

Counterpick

Kongo jungle 64
brinstar
rainbow ride

This one's been accepted by our top 5 and will most likely be used at esa3 as a base.

Thats solid, but missing a stage or two.

you're turning into a french smasher, Faab :laugh:

UCK: Haven't seen you on MSN lately. I added you 8 days ago, and according to my MSN, you haven't been online once, yet. If you're not using MSN, what's the easiest way to get a chat with you (except for using the phone, but I'd rather not spend 100£ for just a phone call)?
he hasn't been online in like 3 weeks. call him.

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
Uck, you also need to have online registration if there is a limit to people allowed that small

edit:

to any other north americans coming

we all have to go down the street from the venue(6 miles)

and buy a big roesti

its basically a burger with a hash brown and bacon on it

with a onion roll top

and some sort of sauce on it

and it looks amazing(asides from the sauce)

http://www.mcdonalds.de/produkte/produktfinder.html#/big_roesti

lolol, i dont even like fast food, but that looks amazing as ****

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer

Random

Battlefield
yoshi's story
fountain of dreams
pokemon stadium
dreamland 64
final destination

Counterpick

Kongo jungle 64
brinstar
rainbow ride

Err... That stage list makes no sense at all. Don't push for your own preferences and misinform people, even if it was a joke. =/

Faab

Smash Ace
I doubt they will go from

Random:
• Final Destination
• Dream Land 64
• Pokemon Stadium
• Fountain of Dreams
• Yoshi´s Story

Counterpick:
• Princess Peach´s Castle
• Corneria
• Rainbow Ride
• Green Greens
• Brinstar
• Onett
• Mute City
• Poke Floats
• Battlefield
• Kongo Jungle 64
• Jungle Japes

To our outdated list. -_-
While the list that i posted is probably the best that will be agreed on.

Luma

Smash Lord
guys if you wanna change some rules, try it with little steps, for example banning stages like JJ, GG and PPC

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's pretty obvious what we'd like to see banned and I already offered to provide explanations for everything. I'd also like to point out the SBR rulesets are made with stage striking in mind, so we need to do that if you really want so many "neutral" stages.

Consider this: Japan, France and the Netherlands have small random selects. The US uses stage striking. The way I see it, it's one of the two. I personally prefer a small random select and a limited group of counterpicks, obviously.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
We're currently working on a stage strike system, I'll show it to everyone when we're done. This is for Melee. I don't think Brawl needs one right now, although I'm willing to look at that too.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I was hoping to finally enter a non-scandinavic country with some greater possibilities on counterpick stages. But no! Of course some people have to screw that thing up.

Marc: Isn't it enough to just have a stage ban and a stage reset? Man, when the scandinavians went to ESA2, we all had to accept those nazi stage rules, and we did. If we wanted to go to a tourney in Holland, we most certainly would have to accept your rules, whether we liked them or not. Now; why can't you just accept the stages that are put on for this tournament, and just accept the German rules? When you have stages like Brinstar and Mute City allowed, you might as well put on the rest. Dunno what kind of stage striking rules you are thinking about, but I disagree with your stage list.

If I had to pick between the so called "updated" dutch stage list and yours, I have to say that I personally do agree more with the updated one.
No hard feelings, I just think that it's lame to chance the complete ruleset of this tourney to your ruleset, because you like yours better.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
we in spain play six for random and those same six for counterpick XDD you know which ones I'm talking about

dutchies seemed to find that system ok when they came here ;) ;)

even though the normal thing would be to accept the german rules for a tourney hosted there D:

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Contacting me:
I havent been online for a while, not only the forums but the messengers as well. this will change and i will be more available for you. I prefer ICQ over MSN but i'll be online on both messengers. Probably the best/safest way to get into contact with my is by sending me an email. the adress is in the first post too.

I wholeheartedly agree with this dude, brawl teams is 10x times more fun than brawl singles and brawl singles takes quite load of time to complete.

Brawl teams is a fun event but i dont see is as important as singles. I'd would rather cut the fun events than the competitive, main ones even though singles take longer.

Imo, melee pools round 1 should be done in friday if possible. That way there's more time for round 2 pools on satruday and bracket + melee teams. After that you can see if there's still time for low tiers or not.

I really like the idea of starting with pools on friday. this would widen the tight schedule a lot but at the same time, being truly honest, this would be the death penalty for melee lowtier. *sigh*
nevertheless, completing the main (/money) events in the set time frame is the main object and therefore the fun events have to step back.

Over 170 interested and only 128 allowed, what a bummer. But I really think you should bump the german numbers down by 10 and take in 10 more foreigners, the very least. Out of 90, only 20 of the interested "german" people would be left out, compared to the 38 foreigners that also need to travel a lot further to be left out. Not forgetting most of the norwegians aren't even on that list. I did get the impression however that this was gonna be one heck of an european tourney, but the amount of foreigner smashers "allowed" in makes me feel sad. However as per usual on every tourney, half of the country's own community doesn't show up so keep us foreigners updated on the situation, note however that we need to get our flight tickets as early as possible so we get em cheap (or not so cheap, but cheaper) so confirm the german smashers as soon as possible so foreigners can book their tickets securely.

But I'd really rather just allow those in that confirm first and not keep places to someone who might not even show up instead. <_<

"Only" 128 is the product of many raises of the attendantslimit from 80 people to this number. i have to get rid of the seperate sleeping room to adapt to the interest in this event.
Samo, this limit is not in place to keep the foreign smashers away its rather to stop the international hype for now. but lets talk about that when im online on msn.

I noticed there are no showers. Is there a place nearby where you can take a shower? I’m willing to pay for it.

I agree that Brawl teams is more interesting than Brawl singles, but you should really have both IMO. I can’t tell you which events to have, but I’d personally go with Melee singles + teams, Brawl singles + teams and MAYBE international crews (but I doubt there will be more than three countries with 10 people available). More than that seems impossible and this is already considering a tight schedule. If this is supposed to be international, it’s probably better to save low tier and German crews for a smaller event.

As i mentioned above changing the schedule and event plan is more or less obligatory so i will look into. i really dislike having brawl teams as an official event but lets see.

[...]

Neutral (random select):
-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium

[...]

Counterpick:
-Battlefield
-Fountain of Dreams (banned in teams)
-Yoshi’s Story

"liberal counterpicks"

-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle N64
-Rainbow Cruise

It was all done with this in mind: No randomness, no (extreme) interferences, no stages that tap into different skillsets than the one usually required. Admittedly some of it is a bit arbitrary, but you have to make choices somewhere. I’m willing to explain why I removed certain stages if you think that’s necessary.

Also, no stages just for doubles. Stages that are broken in 1 vs 1 are silly in teams as well IMO because you can end up with 1 vs 1 there too.

On to Brawl:

Neutral (random select):
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Brinstar

Brawl is still young, but this is what we got right now. The philosophy is basically the same as with Melee (maybe a bit more liberal).

I like the fact corneria isnt mentioned there, IMO pokefloats is missing in this list of the "liberal counterpicks" [/lametag] though but all in all i agree with this list being good in regard of balance, skill and not being overly random. Same goes for brawl. These are the stages i play on most of the time when smashing and i guess everybody else as well.

BUT this is my point in choosing these ****ed up stages. Being fed up with playing on these stages for the 143413*10^27th time, providing counterpicks that are even more favored to one party (not having particularly fox players in mind here) and hopefully seeing high level gameplay and tactics on weird stages alongside with "doing somehting special" were the main reasons for me choosing this stages. i got a lot of **** for doing that and i stood up for it. pages ago i offered to install something i called "tournament legal stage agree" where both players can chose the tournament legal stages from respective country standard rules, no agreement --> smack rules blabla, but this just went down with no comment upon.

BUT i want to hold a good, professional tournament and therefore i have to listen to the concerns you guys have.
I think a good way to settle this is by having a poll on this matter. I'll talk to the admin/technican of the german boards to help me create a poll for this along with an online registration.

what do you guys think about this?

Today i have been roaming around the area and asking if there are showers for rent.
I got a lot of denials but there are still some options:
The Maritim Hotel might offer a "Day-Room", its accessable one day from 10-18 o'clock, it cost 89€ but i was told by the concierge to write an email to the person in charge because of the huge amount of people who would use this.
I got the telephon numbers of a hostel which is actually renting showers but much like the maritim hotel i have to check back with the person in charge because of the amount of people and i got the number of a nearby school i will call tomorow but chances are bad here.
Well, I found showers for rent, its in a location 2 minutes away from the venue, i can rent them for 1€ per person BUT the location is a self-help group for hard drug addicts so yeah... but the showers are actually pretty nice.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I was hoping to finally enter a non-scandinavic country with some greater possibilities on counterpick stages. But no! Of course some people have to screw that thing up.
Nothing has been decided yet, calm down. =/

Marc: Isn't it enough to just have a stage ban and a stage reset? Man, when the scandinavians went to ESA2, we all had to accept those nazi stage rules, and we did. If we wanted to go to a tourney in Holland, we most certainly would have to accept your rules, whether we liked them or not. Now; why can't you just accept the stages that are put on for this tournament, and just accept the German rules? When you have stages like Brinstar and Mute City allowed, you might as well put on the rest. Dunno what kind of stage striking rules you are thinking about, but I disagree with your stage list.
I remember several Scandinavians throwing a fit about the rules... It's only fair to cater to your audience at least to a certain extent. I'm not pushing anything here, I'm just suggesting and trying to make this better for everyone. I'll get to stage striking in a bit.

BUT this is my point in choosing these ****ed up stages. Being fed up with playing on these stages for the 143413*10^27th time, providing counterpicks that are even more favored to one party (not having particularly fox players in mind here) and hopefully seeing high level gameplay and tactics on weird stages alongside with "doing somehting special" were the main reasons for me choosing this stages. i got a lot of **** for doing that and i stood up for it. pages ago i offered to install something i called "tournament legal stage agree" where both players can chose the tournament legal stages from respective country standard rules, no agreement --> smack rules blabla, but this just went down with no comment upon.
More stages means more fun for people like you, but this is a competitive tournament we're talking about. Also, many weird stages actually got banned because of Fox, so it only favors him to have them really. I'm definitely willing to work with you to make a good liberal ruleset though.

Stage Strike System

This is a way to pick the first stage. The US has been using it for ages now and if we can't agree on a random select, this is the way to go. The SBR ruleset was made with this in mind, which is why it doesn't make any sense to just copy and paste the stage list. Both players take turns striking from preferably 5 or 9 stages to end up with a stage for the first match. The order is 1221, which is why it's important to have either 5 or 9. 9 would allow for stages that would be banned all the time and takes more time, so we came up with these 5:

-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium
-Battlefield
-Fountain of Dreams (Yoshi's Story in teams)

After the first match, you can choose to ban any of these stages and counterpicking will have more stages available. We're going to switch to this system in the Netherlands as well. This solves all problems anyone can have with the random select! No one likes to get screwed over by something they have 0 influence on after all...

Counterpicks

Since you want this to be liberal, I'd at least go with the following stages:

-Yoshi's Story
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle N64
-Rainbow Cruise

Let's have a friendly discussion about whatever else you want added.:)

Faab

Smash Ace
At least put these stages on for stage striking.

-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle N64
-Rainbow Cruise

And please no mute city bias, if you want that at least add corneria, green greens, peach castle etc etc

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Marc: In Scandinavia we use Stage Resets for the random select. That pretty much solves the problem for getting a stage you don't like on the random select, as you can reset a stage if the stage you get is one of those you don't like. That is, if the player don't completely suck on the random stages. I can't see how that's a bad solution on the random select problem. Also, in addition, each player can ban a stage if they like.

These rules haven't screwed us, as of yet.
And please no mute city bias, if you want that at least add corneria, green greens, peach castle etc etc
I fully support you on that! Enabling Mute City is just as good as enabling all the other stages.

drug_duck

Smash Rookie
Well, I found showers for rent, its in a location 2 minutes away from the venue, i can rent them for 1€ per person BUT the location is a self-help group for hard drug addicts so yeah... but the showers are actually pretty nice.
OMFG made my day

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
At least put these stages on for stage striking.

-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle N64
-Rainbow Cruise

I would never suggest Mute City for a stage strike with 9 stages, for obvious reasons. If it has to be 9 to strike from, that setup is fine with me. My main point is bringing the stage strike system to Europe, 5 or 9 really depends on the community. But you already knew that.

Marc: In Scandinavia we use Stage Resets for the random select. That pretty much solves the problem for getting a stage you don't like on the random select, as you can reset a stage if the stage you get is one of those you don't like. That is, if the player don't completely suck on the random stages. I can't see how that's a bad solution on the random select problem. Also, in addition, each player can ban a stage if they like.
To be frank, most of Europe should have switched to the stage strike system a long time ago. Stage reset isn't bad, but the stage strike system is just that good. If you want a shot at variety for the first match, you simply must use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom