• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, you're a douche. Just because you can beat some random people at tournaments doesn't mean the game sucks. You could try to beat people who are actually good at the game, if you even know what that means...cuz you obviously don't.

And no I don't debate Melee vs Brawl 'cuz I don't hate Melee even if I suck at that game. I advice you to do the same.

:059:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Wow, you're a douche. Just because you can beat some random people at tournaments doesn't mean the game sucks. You could try to beat people who are actually good at the game, if you even know what that means...cuz you obviously don't.

And no I don't debate Melee vs Brawl 'cuz I don't hate Melee even if I suck at that game. I advice you to do the same.
There is a little crack in what you say there, cuz I beat several players that are considered good in Brawl on that tourney. Which means I've actually beat people who are actually good at the game. You can deny that as much as you want, but that's the fact. I've won every real Brawl tournament in my country since the game came out.

Just because I hate Brawl, I does not have to be because I'm a sucky n00b who doesn't like to lose, cuz losing hasn't been a problem for me in that game, as I've done pretty well. Some people just hates games because they think the game is bad: in other words boring and not entertaining. I'm sorry, but not everyone hates games because they suck at them.

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
I loved it.

You can have some of mine when you come over though.

8===================================D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yea sorry, I'm already teaming with him ... we talked on AIM and all ... sorry. If you can't find anybody I'll help you. I'll get some good german players to team with you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can ask people on the GSB boards if you can't find anybody. I'm sure there are some germans looking for a team mate

Faab

Smash Ace
Brawl is such a skillless game 0_o. I'll prove it by winning this. And gheb, you obviously suck at melee. Seen just 1 player who was decent at melee who still likes brawl more, and that's gaki. That's gotta say something?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Brawl is such a skillless game 0_o. I'll prove it by winning this.
You wanna win this? Good luck.

And gheb, you obviously suck at melee.
I said that myself ... like 3 posts ago or something...

Seen just 1 player who was decent at melee who still likes brawl more, and that's gaki. That's gotta say something?
There are lots of players who played both and think Brawl is better or at least as good as Melee.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
there are def not lots of players who really played melee, casual doesnt count
Azen, Gaki, Inui, DSF, NEO, Chu, etc all played Melee and most of them on a very high level (dunno about Gaki though) and still enjoy Brawl. Funny how those who like Brawl are actually good at the game as well, isn't it?
Maybe some people should try to become actually good at Brawl before they act as if it sucks. Just because many of them aren't good at the game doesn't mean that the game doesn't require any skill at all (depending on what you coonsider "skill" in the first place).

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace

There are way too many cocky people in brawl. Brawl is not even a competitive game wtf? Play melee or street fighter and do well, then you can be cocky all u want.
Yeah, ChuDat for instance, thinks Brawl is skilled compared to Melee.
Unfortunately, they are partly forced to play Brawl in the US now.

OK, then I'll MM your best character for any amount of money in Brawl? Deal?
Uhm, no! I don't play Brawl, but did it on Smashers' Reunion 4(for the last time), and I got 3rd(59 people) without playing the game since February. I'll never play that skilless n00b-proof game again.
But I gladly MM you in a game which is not based on randomness, camping and no skills: Melee. But of course; you probably don't have any skills in that game, as you defend Brawl like you do.

I still believe people who likes Brawl likes to eat **** as well. Prove me wrong.

Edit: And no: I don't wanna take that same old Melee VS Brawl discussion once again.
Be glad that you actually get 4 euros(which is like 20 Capri Sonne) from me to your Brawl pot, even though I won't attend.[/quote]

All the best,
Smash World Forums[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to show you something funny.
It's not written that I cannot forward this, so I do so. Haven't read the new rules though, lol.
It's also a kind of warning to you people who like skilled games: seems like it's not allowed to say that Brawl is a bad game. Which also says that opinions about games are not allowed as well. I'll quit saying my opinions on Brawl by now. I don't wanna get banned =/
Oh, and btw: how do they know that **** is like **** or something? I might as well have been the word "cake" :)

Just because many of them aren't good at the game doesn't mean that the game doesn't require any skill at all (depending on what you coonsider "skill" in the first place).

The irony in that is that a lot of people who are really good at Brawl, thinks the game is arse. But I haven't seen one player who are really good at Melee AND Brawl that thinks the game is good, compared to Melee.
Note: This is no flaming of Brawl, lol.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But I haven't seen one player who are really good at Melee AND Brawl that thinks the game is good, compared to Melee.
Azen does.

btw we're not even talking about Brawl vs Melee (at least I don't) in comparision. I'm just saying people who suck at Brawl shouldn't judge upon it like that because even if people like Melee more doesn't mean they don't like Brawl at all. If they think it sucks they should at least be good players before they act as if their word is truth. It doesn't mean much if somebody who sucks at Brawl says that the game sucks as such. At least the Brawl community isn't that ******** to say that Melee sucks just because they aren't good. Some parts of the Melee community are like that though.

And just because ChuDat think it's not competitive doesn't means he doesn't like it (or that he's right). Chu might think it's not competitive but he has been proven wrong long ago.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
If they think it sucks they should at least be good players before they act as if their word is truth. It doesn't mean much if somebody who sucks at Brawl says that the game sucks as such.
And you haven't read my posts, have you?
You just think people sucks at a game just because they don't like it, when they even have proof that they are good at it?
How professional!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lolol if i win this you quit brawl gheb ok? Seems you're pretty sure that i won't be winning this.
I won't quit brawl..on the contrary. If I really loose to somebody like you that's a motivation to get better.

rofl someone talking about bad players and stuff and doesnt even know the SR-tournaments

how pathetic
I know about them...what of it?

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
hey guys some of us spanish (M and Ksta and myself) are considering about going there..

.. however barlw included sounds like a **** for us :( :(

If we arrange a few things we could be able to go, we'll keep an eye on this ;) ;)

pd: in any case we won't play barlw, that's for sure XDD

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
hey guys some of us spanish (M and Ksta and myself) are considering about going there..

.. however barlw included sounds like a **** for us :( :(

If we arrange a few things we could be able to go, we'll keep an eye on this ;) ;)

pd: in any case we won't play barlw, that's for sure XDD

come come come!

You really should!

Cuz I'll be there too! D=

Stupid Brawl =(

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm just wondering how it is with TVs and stuff like that.
Are you bringing a ****load of TVs, or what? :O

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
warhammer666477@yahoo.com (E-mail address not verified) says (8:40 PM):
ill bring my brawl disk

warhammer666477@yahoo.com (E-mail address not verified) says (8:40 PM):
and a bunch of people can destroy it on tape while saying brawl sucks

warhammer666477@yahoo.com (E-mail address not verified) says (8:41 PM):
in many different languages

=D

good idea?

Robin(Tonberry) says (8:41 PM):
I want you to bring it to Germany.
I wanna join =(

Yes?

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I would gladly attend to that idea too..

*Brawl experience ahead* - Do not read if you get offended by truth, you have been warned

I will share my experience from SR4 brawl singles now... I almost feel asleep while playing.. and my friend feel asleep multiple times, IT'S SO BORING.., I was like.. "Man I hope I lose this one, I don't wanna play more.."
Tonberry is really good at this game, and he doesn't even play it, he took one character and just kept winning, know why? because you don't need that much "skill" in brawl to really succeed.. as Chudats post said, Play Street fighter or Melee and then be cooky, learn the facts before ranting/or commenting on what's what..

Vegard

Smash Lord
fact is, most of the people that move over to playing brawl, are those who don't success at Melee and stand better chance of winning in Brawl. anyway, didn't really want to join this brawl vs melee war, it never gets any serious

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Fact is:

- Brawl sux as a competive game, but its really fun to play as a casual game :p

- Melee rox at both sides, actually :p

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Fact is:

- Brawl sux as a competive game, but its really fuin to play as a casual game :p

- Melee rox at both sides, actually :p
Hmm.... something about that doesn' t seem right. let me sort that out

Brawl - is good as a competitive game (maybe not as good as Melee) and fun if it is a touney or a casual game.

Melee - is very competitive and fun game to play.

Done. :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Brawl - is good as a competitive game (maybe not as good as Melee) and fun if it is a touney or a casual game.
This seems to be much based on opinion, lol.
But fact is that Brawl is not a good competitive game, as Sakurai did all he could to make it as casual as possible(and he did it well). And by fact Brawl is one of the most boring games I've ever tried since SNES came out, and there are more people who share the same opinion on that. Really; most games that are multiplayer where the players can play against each other are more competitive than Brawl is.

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
"Melee & Brawl tournament"

this was born to be a "melee VS brawl topic"
too bad..

i like brawl and melee alike.
but i know my place in the melee scene and i won't win any prizes at big tournament.
with brawl it's a different story, because i don't know my place yet and i haven't reached my 'skill-limit' on brawl.

please stop whining about this T_T

we all know melee is faster and less random. but don't bring down people who like brawl over melee or vice versa.

it are two different games. stop comparing them and calling the other game/persone lame or whatever.

things like this make me feel like crying not going to tournament anymore..
and that would be a shame, because Smash tournaments in general are awsome.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
This seems to be much based on opinion, lol.
But fact is that Brawl is not a good competitive game, as Sakurai did all he could to make it as casual as possible(and he did it well). And by fact Brawl is one of the most boring games I've ever tried since SNES came out, and there are more people who share the same opinion on that. Really; most games that are multiplayer where the players can play against each other are more competitive than Brawl is.
Any type of game can be Competitive. whether, it is fast or slow or boring or exciting, it will still be competitive. Yes, sakurai did make it the game as casual as possible but it doesn't mean it can not be a Competitive game. Brawl is boring when you are watching rubbish players play or on wifi. When you are watching good players play, it is exciting to watch IMO.

Tero.

Smash Champion
How about you guys shut the fukc up with this stupid melee vs brawl **** ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom