• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Aid X - Brackets Up Now

PB&J

Smash Hero
exactly what i was talking about..stop posting things like that but ..you just don't know any better ill pray for u

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
1. Taking a spelling error literally for the sake of a joke =/= blasphemy.
2. People not believing the same thing as you and casually mentioning something they think, is not an attack on you or your beliefs.
3. Religious debates on message boards suck even more than they do in real life. If you really want to continue this, IM me.

Prac352

Smash Lord
exactly what i was talking about..stop posting things like that but ..you just don't know any better ill pray for u
Nobody needs you to impose your religion on them.

1. Taking a spelling error literally for the sake of a joke =/= blasphemy.
2. People not believing the same thing as you and casually mentioning something they think, is not an attack on you or your beliefs.
3. Religious debates on message boards suck even more than they do in real life. If you really want to continue this, IM me.
Quoted for truth.

Nite

Smash Champion
ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA

Jesus aint real. ALPHA SAID SO!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA
Alpha ****ed 'em up.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wait if Jebus isn't real then who stole the cookies from the cookie jar

ps riddle me this

SleepyK

****, Yang. You know I can't resist cookies and milk.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Just to add to the conversation, I've been officially expelled from the Southern Baptist Convention since 4 years ago.

I'm an official heretic, courtesy of First Baptist Church of Duluth!
xD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
After 9/11, they held a ceremonial mass at the church where my girlfriend and her parents used to go. Her father is an ex POW and a patriot.

During the service, the preacher spoke about forgiving the terrorists who caused the disasters, and my girlfriend's father just stood up and walked out of the room. :ohwell:

Another interesting story is about my friend Chris. His father is a devout Catholic and his mother is an agnostic, and when he was born, his mother was determined that Chris would choose when he was old enough to understand.

The story goes that while his mother was just out of labor and on many pain medications, the priest visited her per the father's request and convinced the slightly unconscious mother to call Chris officially Catholic. But then when the mother never went to have Chris baptized, they were told they were excommunicated (im sure it wasn't exactly excommunication, but a lighter form... as i think only the pope can do that).

So Chris jokes that he was born condemned to hell. haha

SleepyK

Lol, born condemned.
No one can be excommunicated. Excommunication was only a power tool by the Catholic church back when they had the wealth and the theocratic power. Basically, before they got owned by Martin Luther.
I mean.. come on. The Bible says God loves ya no matter what, and then some dude in a funny hat says he doesn't suddenly?

No johns, pope.

Hopefully he's not too serious about being condemned..
Chris isn't condemned; the pope only has earthly authority.
It's not like God comes down and like points his finger at some random European.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Ok, so i could type out some really intricate response since we seem to be on the matter of religion. But i think it might be a little hypocritical of me to do so since i haven't even posted shoutouts yet, so instead, i'm just going to post a blog i wrote on the subject about a year ago on myspace. so some of you might have seen this before. . .

It feels as if I've always thought this, but I suppose this is the first day that is been strong enough a feeling for me to share. This may be an opinion, but i'm pretty sure thats whats blogs are for, so if you don't like, please tell me on here, but please have a reason.

I think people fall back on too many things in life. What do I mean by that? The thought could cover a number of things. The first and foremost that comes to mind is that people in general (please keep in mind I think all of this refers directly to myself as well) rely on too many meaningless things to make it through their days without thinking. Not that I practice minimalism in the least, I just think that life has gotten (or we have let it get) so "complicated" and "confusing" that we have forgotten the art of communication, especially with ourselves. In the past, people made use of their spare time by talking to each other, discussing matters of seeming importance. So what happened? Does talking about important matters make you lose scene points these days? The fact is though, its not all of our faults on an individual basis.

I hate to blame things on society, because it seems a cliche escape from responsibility and thats not the way to solve problems, but in this case, it seems almost obvious. Every major social institiution I have been a part of or have had the opportunity to learn about has one major problem.

START TEACHING CHILDREN HOW TO THINK AND STOP TEACHING THEM WHAT TO THINK!

This includes most christian organizations, schools, counselors, most parents, most friends, television, politicians, and almost everything else in the world. I'm not saying its some kind of global conspiracy, its just the path that we've led ourselves down to believe whats right. Its doing nothing but setting up the next generation for failure, over and over. Wait for G(g)od(s) to produce a miracle and what do you get? Time after time, nothing. . . Should you believe in miracles? Why not? But should you rely on them, should you pray for them, should you have to ask a God who hasn't taken involvement in the world in 2000 years to save your *** or fix your mistakes, or solve the worlds problems, or protect you? Good luck.

Society needs to teach children how to make decisions, how to figure out if something is right or wrong, not telling them specifically which is which. I don't want anarchy by a long shot, I just want the hypocrisy in the world to at least slow down; fat chance, I know. Just tell me, how is it not more of a compliment to God to use the brain he "gave" you to think for yourself, make your own decisions, and take your own blows to chin, than to ask him for help, pray for him to solve problems, and thank him for the life you live. Do you ever thank our forefathers, every night when you pray to God the nourishment on your plate, do you ever thank that animal for being slaughtered for your enjoyment? Do you thank the millions of men who died horrible deaths so that you could sleep safe at night? Or do you think the almighty being that did us enough of a favor by creating the world in the first place, he gave us a chance, make the best of it, but don't count on him for everything. Have some faith in humanity, as hard as it may seem, these problems aren't God's to deal with, they are ours, its our fault our sons and brothers are dying, its our fault the trade center fell, its our fault we hate each other, but its also our problems to deal with. Stand up for yourselves, keep pushing foward and never give up.

We have the ability to reason, whether you believe that He gave it to us or not, use it once in a while. and p.s. sucking up to almighty beings that are supposed to be all encompassing doesn't work too well, he knows what you think whether you say it in a church, at dinner, or not at all =P

Its not just church either. On the other end of the spectrum is material items, empty attempts at self worth, and meaningless relationships. Don't let all of your chances to live pass you by. If every day we think the same things, rely on mediums outside of ourselves and each other to get by, then you might as well be dead. Lately in my life I've been trying to "need" as little as possible, and fill in the rest with things I enjoy doing. When you "need" something, you live for it, and besides love, there is nothing a person needs to live for besides oneself. Never forget what you love.

You have only failed once you have given up

-wes

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm atheist, so...I hold no opinion on the matter whatsoever. I acknowledge that Jesus was a person, but I do not accept him as my 'savior'. I hope I don't offend anyone, and please don't bash me for saying that. Opinions belong to everyone

Prac352

Smash Lord
I'm atheist, so...I hold no opinion on the matter whatsoever. I acknowledge that Jesus was a person, but I do not accept him as my 'savior'. I hope I don't offend anyone, and please don't bash me for saying that. Opinions belong to everyone
Your mom is atheist!

Oh sssssssssssssnap.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Isn't the denial of something a direct voice of an opinion? This is my opinion in a very very very short version.

Anyone who claims that they understand the universe in any way shape or form is too arrogant for their own good. Whether it be absolutely believing in the words of other men to be divine truth, or the denial of the existence of anything beyond fact and science. I don't exactly know how I feel on the subject matter of which religion is "right" because i'm just a 19 year old human boy and any claim i could make into understanding the divinity of everything, ever is a little out of my grasp.

on that same note - Eugene mama so nasty, i'm moving to england

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so i could type out some really intricate response since we seem to be on the matter of religion. But i think it might be a little hypocritical of me to do so since i haven't even posted shoutouts yet, so instead, i'm just going to post a blog i wrote on the subject about a year ago on myspace. so some of you might have seen this before. . .

It feels as if I've always thought this, but I suppose this is the first day that is been strong enough a feeling for me to share. This may be an opinion, but i'm pretty sure thats whats blogs are for, so if you don't like, please tell me on here, but please have a reason.

I think people fall back on too many things in life. What do I mean by that? The thought could cover a number of things. The first and foremost that comes to mind is that people in general (please keep in mind I think all of this refers directly to myself as well) rely on too many meaningless things to make it through their days without thinking. Not that I practice minimalism in the least, I just think that life has gotten (or we have let it get) so "complicated" and "confusing" that we have forgotten the art of communication, especially with ourselves. In the past, people made use of their spare time by talking to each other, discussing matters of seeming importance. So what happened? Does talking about important matters make you lose scene points these days? The fact is though, its not all of our faults on an individual basis.

I hate to blame things on society, because it seems a cliche escape from responsibility and thats not the way to solve problems, but in this case, it seems almost obvious. Every major social institiution I have been a part of or have had the opportunity to learn about has one major problem.

START TEACHING CHILDREN HOW TO THINK AND STOP TEACHING THEM WHAT TO THINK!

This includes most christian organizations, schools, counselors, most parents, most friends, television, politicians, and almost everything else in the world. I'm not saying its some kind of global conspiracy, its just the path that we've led ourselves down to believe whats right. Its doing nothing but setting up the next generation for failure, over and over. Wait for G(g)od(s) to produce a miracle and what do you get? Time after time, nothing. . . Should you believe in miracles? Why not? But should you rely on them, should you pray for them, should you have to ask a God who hasn't taken involvement in the world in 2000 years to save your *** or fix your mistakes, or solve the worlds problems, or protect you? Good luck.

Society needs to teach children how to make decisions, how to figure out if something is right or wrong, not telling them specifically which is which. I don't want anarchy by a long shot, I just want the hypocrisy in the world to at least slow down; fat chance, I know. Just tell me, how is it not more of a compliment to God to use the brain he "gave" you to think for yourself, make your own decisions, and take your own blows to chin, than to ask him for help, pray for him to solve problems, and thank him for the life you live. Do you ever thank our forefathers, every night when you pray to God the nourishment on your plate, do you ever thank that animal for being slaughtered for your enjoyment? Do you thank the millions of men who died horrible deaths so that you could sleep safe at night? Or do you think the almighty being that did us enough of a favor by creating the world in the first place, he gave us a chance, make the best of it, but don't count on him for everything. Have some faith in humanity, as hard as it may seem, these problems aren't God's to deal with, they are ours, its our fault our sons and brothers are dying, its our fault the trade center fell, its our fault we hate each other, but its also our problems to deal with. Stand up for yourselves, keep pushing foward and never give up.

We have the ability to reason, whether you believe that He gave it to us or not, use it once in a while. and p.s. sucking up to almighty beings that are supposed to be all encompassing doesn't work too well, he knows what you think whether you say it in a church, at dinner, or not at all =P

Its not just church either. On the other end of the spectrum is material items, empty attempts at self worth, and meaningless relationships. Don't let all of your chances to live pass you by. If every day we think the same things, rely on mediums outside of ourselves and each other to get by, then you might as well be dead. Lately in my life I've been trying to "need" as little as possible, and fill in the rest with things I enjoy doing. When you "need" something, you live for it, and besides love, there is nothing a person needs to live for besides oneself. Never forget what you love.

You have only failed once you have given up

-wes
hey does this have anything to do with bobby and nite kicking your *** in teams??? oh it doesnt. cool. **** YOU WES

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
GAWes said:
a God who hasn't taken involvement in the world in 2000 years
Why do you think that Wes?

And if you say that no one understands the universe, isn't that some sort of understanding (however useless it may be) of the universe itself: that it is incomprehensible?

I would really like to know what you think on these Wes... you're a reasonable and intelligent guy.

--Sorry for beating back on subjects, I just got home from NC today... Smashing was out of the question for you NC guys sorry... even though I was 15 minutes from Asheville it would not have worked out---

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Curses, I can't go to sleep. I suppose I'll get these done now (you know, when the thread is derailed and not looked at anymore).

Shoutouts. (If you're not here, it's because I'm in a bit of a daze. I'll add you later if I remember.)

First off, props to my Avengers~

-Chad-: "Repairmanmanmanmanmanmanman...huhahah!" Teaming with you was awesome; Pika/Bowser comboes for the freaking win. Great to hang out with you, as well, and as always. Wearing the Wizard Pika hat for a few minutes had its magic rub off on me; that's why I owned so much face. (F*ck 'em up!)

N64: My friend, Ninja, wanted to come to this primarily due to the fact that you were coming; he's a Pika main and thinks incredibly highly of you. Sadly, there was an issue at home that prevented him from going, but I'm sure he would have loved to meet you. Either way, I know I did. You're quite a cool guy; nice, to boot. Thanks for the kind words earlier. Low tiers are so much fun. (F*ck 'em up!)

SchaK47: Honestly didn't see a whole lot of you at the tournament, but you did man up when -someone else- kept putting hot arcade action aside for other matches. Good fun. (F*ck 'em up!)

Now for others, in no particular order.

Iori: Needs more sombrero, in my opinion. I'll defeat your Mewtwo in a set someday; I vow it! Hilarious as ever; a great asset to any tournament crowd.

TRC: Your becoming ill appears to be a tradition for Smash Aid. Sucks it had to happen that way. You got through it, though, because you have BALLS BALLS BALLS OF STEEL! 's always nice to see you again. Don't forget your visit when Brawl rolls around.

Chocolate Thunda: Those were some fun matches. Good Yoshi stuff. With more practice, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with my tricksies much more easily. Never surrender to the tier list~

Laijin: I dislike fighting Young Link now. I need to pick someone that isn't countered, apparently. >_<; Good stuff.

Exarch: Hot stuff in the crew battle. The only time I remember seeing you before was at LTEC1, when we played Bowser vs. Roy. Your Peach is quite good; I'm sure it'd give me a really hard time. I should pursue friendlies the next time you're in the vicinity.

IHSB: Hilarity ensues. Laptop was too much fun to watch at any given moment. I've still got "Bowser's -real- Final Smash" as the wallpaper on my phone. Also, the L plushie is god tier; I can't thank you enough. It really made me happy.

HolyMarth: Your pipes are infinitely better than mine. It'd been too long; more than a year. Nice to see you again, and thanks for the Bowser plushie. Keep working on that Mario; I'm sure that it'll be a real beast if you train hard enough.

DogySamich: Thanks for the nightshirt. Now if only I hadn't left it in the trunk of your car, XD. Stupid fluke; I meant no offense. Always nice to hang with you, and the reactions are top tier. <3 Ethan.

RAM: Truth-be-told, I didn't see much of your Smash playing. Still, you're a really nice guy to talk to. Hopefully we can get some matches at G4S4. Keep rockin' the Weege.

Nite: Why you no participate in crew battle? >:0 Either way, you're always cool to me, and technically, your spot became mine, so thanks for that~

Moogle: Such a laid-back, cool guy. Always nice to play you. I'm quite surprised that I won our set.

Drumma Boi: You're quite cool to be around. Nice attitude, and great Fox stuff. Hope to see you more at G4S4.

GAWes: ...FOR TO GO TO ENGLAND. NES change box is top tier. You're sooooooooo gooooooood. Thanks for helping make this great tournament possible. I really hope to see you at G4S4 before you head out.

Rice: Congratulations; I wish I could win money. You're a cool guy, too; we should've played a few matches. Come to G4S4; I need to get revenge from the last one~

Prac: You finally got that Alpha chant going at the very end. Kudos to you, sir. Can't wait 'til G4S4 rolls around. Also, I'm also vouching for it; The Simpsons Movie was god tier; simply hilarious.

Nice1 and Zeus: C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! KI playing was good fun. Just remember that in the end, my Fulgore will always be victorious.

Full Metal: I didn't see you at the tournament much, but I must say that quitting smoking is a really kickass move. Much love; I wish you the best in that endeavor.

Chaddd: Needs MOAR Zombies Ate My Neighbors, in my opinion. You left before I got to play you in all sorts of SNES goodies. :[ Also, according to Rook, you had already quit smoking. Good stuff.

Rook: Thanks for being so helpful and nice when I went looking for Chaddd. That's really cool.

X2X: The Alpha Gundam is too good. We always end up taking each other out in tournaments. >_<;

Tsunami: Once again, Pokèmon talk for the win. Always nice to hang out with you. "Things change" is a hot quote.

Seph: Didn't see you much at the tournament. Hah, Sharingan fanboys. Probably better that you didn't bring those contacts this time.

Desu: I was all warmed up after playing Alpha; too bad for you. You're always so fun to play; the commentary is great. Few people will do that with me.

DP: Mario hotness. Glad you could come. You need to head up to more tournaments with the rest of CDE; you wouldn't regret it. We haven't played in too long.

SleepyK: I think this tournament was the first place in which I got to talk to you for more than a little bit. Really cool guy; nice talking with you. AHH YOU OKAY?!

Yang: Bowser's got his bag of tricksies! Some people just have a harder time with the tricksies. Pokèmon chat while we drove there was top tier. Also, thank you kindly for the fries; they were delicious.

Mmm...that's all that comes to mind as of now. In the meantime, Avengers, F*CK 'EM UP!

EDIT: CRAP! I -knew- I kept forgetting to post something! I've got someone's silver controller from the tournament; I picked it up on the way out, thinking it was mine, but mine was already in my bag, so...I apologize for any inconvenience. PM me and I'll get it sent to you as soon as I can.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Why do you think that Wes?

And if you say that no one understands the universe, isn't that some sort of understanding (however useless it may be) of the universe itself: that it is incomprehensible?
I'm not trying to side, but I think Wes spoke a lot of truth.

If things that make sense are logical, then truth is pretty much entirely based on logic. To believe you simply can't understand something as an explanation for it's existence, you not only fail in a test of self reliance, but you fail to apply the fact that all truth can be explained through logic. The simple fact that we don't understand something is simply because our knowledge in combination with our logic is not enough to suffice. This doesn't mean we will never understand it, it simply means it remains out of reach for now. To believe that something will forever remain out of reach is, quite simply, giving up.

We live out lives based on the things that bring us comfort. The things we have learned about how to live life. Is one person believes that there is someone watching over us all, then they have every right to continue in their life using that as something important to them. But at the same time, for some, a spiritual explanation for the universe just doesn't cover enough bases, and they have every right to continue in that belief, despite what consequences any religious groups say will take place.

I'm not saying anything regarding christians in particular, but it is simply the religion I have the most knowledge of. In the most recent translations for the bible, I believe it says that we simply cannot understand the scriptures because we are simply human and cannot fathom such wisdom. Yet the books were written by men. I haven't taken much notice the state of mankind at this moment, but I think that since we've been killing ourselves in the millions for as long as our existence is dated, I am under the impression that it may or may not be a factor in the level of control certain scriptures attempt to apprehend.

I simply cannot believe in something I can't reasonably cite a source for. This is my right. Everyone should know that they have every right to their beliefs, because beliefs instill understanding, and understanding brings comfort.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
deal wit it

Freestyle rap battle round 1
Renegade da masta vs. Zues

Aight mutha f*cka, I'm the man in this place, I'll punch you in the face, with a gun on my waist.

Yo Zeus, you a killa goose on the loose, aint no truce, I'ma pee in yo juice, while you impregnate moose.

I got you on tape eatin a grape, wearin a cape, while havin sex with an ape on your fire escape.

GET MONEY!

PB&J

Smash Hero
chad i know belief instills understanding but god didn't put people on this earth so they can live comfortable ....so times u will feel comfortable but if u look at most of the poeple in the bible did not live comfortable lifes they were actually very hard to live..but god wants us to build his kingdom for his second coming..god bless..jesus will be coming back to this earth one day and when he comes he is comng to judge and the only reson why i am posting this is because i love all of u guys

Nite

Smash Champion
Eugene is the most hilarious person I've ever met in my life.

Reflex- I didn't sleep the night before, so I was very tired. That's why I didn't play in the crew battles.

Top Bottom