• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Aid X - Brackets Up Now

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
hmmm... where's snex when u need him...

great tourney guys..sry I couldnt be there longer and it was nice meeting some of u after like 2 years lol YEROC?! WTF!? LOL

Congrats to rice and Lozr for ****** the hell out this tourney and congrats to Wes/Chaddd and Bobby/nitetime for beasting in teams...seriously that final match had me biting my nails.

Wes- let me know when ur shipping out so I can chill wit ya one last time..and this time, i'll buy u a cheeseburger ^_^

and as for this whole "what I beileve in" stuff i'll just say this: what everyone should beileve in most of all is the power of the individual. you have the freedom to believe what you want whether its taught to you be another or self taught, its up to you to decide...whether it's hard to comprehend or easy as apple pie lol

I dunno why you guys are arguring about all this but you really shouldnt. I dont think anyone will change thier views off some ish like "OMG SMASHBOARDS SHOWED ME THE LIGHT" lol but this is just my opinion. I am a christian and believe there is a supreme being responsible for all of this but I beileve there is more to it that even the bible doesnt tell us.
PB&J, you and I had a similar talk about this at ur crib but this it what I also wanted to say but didnt get the chance to. I dunno if u agree with it or not but like I said. It's up to me to decide. <--- I hope you and others can atleast agree with that part...less wars happen that way <3

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
chaddd said:
If things that make sense are logical, then truth is pretty much entirely based on logic...
all truth can be explained through logic...
But at the same time, for some, a spiritual explanation for the universe just doesn't cover enough bases...
^Several different sentences in your post^
I'm confused by these statements chaddd... you seem to say that there is an absolute truth, but that it only applies to some people? Please explain I don't get it.

chaddd

Smash Lord
^Several different sentences in your post^
I'm confused by these statements chaddd... you seem to say that there is an absolute truth, but that it only applies to some people? Please explain I don't get it.
I'm saying that you can't argue something exists just because you can't prove it doesn't exist. There are obviously many things we don't understand, but the fact of the matter is, that based on the history of mankind, there won't always be things that are unexplained, or can only be explained spiritually. The unexplained and unprovable things in the world remain just that. But that doesn't mean that humans won't progress and gain more insight into the universe we live in.

PB&J

Smash Hero
this is not about religion it is about the truth and like exarch said "who's debating" im just sating what the bible says

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've posted shoutouts; that means that the thread is essentially dead, since it always takes me forever to do so.

Needs MOAR crew battle vids, in my opinion.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm clearly not debating religion. Just because it's brought up in an intellectual discussion, does not make it the topic of conversation. I maintain no religion, so how could I argue it?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm clearly not debating religion. Just because it's brought up in an intellectual discussion, does not make it the topic of conversation. I maintain no religion, so how could I argue it?
Well-said. People need to understand that discussing things in an intelligent manner isn't necessarily debating.

Someone needs to hit me up on AIM, though; I like intellectual discussion.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
no laijins, guys.

edit: If we want to get that existential, then nothing can truly be explained. Humans don't explain things as they advance; they come up with better interpretations of how they think things work. Science, in itself, is ultimately a general agreement made by dudes in labcoats and framed sheets of paper on the wall.
Belief in yourself in its own right implies a sort of self-spirituality, but who's to say you don't exist yourself?

So, we can't prove God exists
We can't prove anything else, either.

Prac352

Smash Lord
no laijins, guys.

edit: If we want to get that existential, then nothing can truly be explained. Humans don't explain things as they advance; they come up with better interpretations of how they think things work. Science, in itself, is ultimately a general agreement made by dudes in labcoats and framed sheets of paper on the wall.
Belief in yourself in its own right implies a sort of self-spirituality, but who's to say you don't exist yourself?

So, we can't prove God exists
We can't prove anything else, either.
Quoted for truth.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
warning: math major influenced post upcoming:

Chaddd: I agree with you 99%. the one percent disagreement is where you said that there wont always be things that can't be explained, because we keep learning things. If there is an infinite amount of information in the universe, there will always be things unexplained. Going from 3 to 4 puts you no closer to infinity than going from 1287 to 1288.

Otherwise I agree with you 100%. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Interesting how much we agree.

PB&J: Yes this is a discussion about the truth; no, we have not proven that -truth- and -bible- are synonyms. Trying to force people to believe that isn't going to accomplish anything, and holding a pity party for those who don't see it your way isn't going to set the universe in motion either. Sorry if I come off a lil harsh.

SleepyK and Prac: I will be d***ed if I went through a semester long "logic and proof" course in my math major to have anyone tell me nothing can be proven. There is an absolute truth-to say anything but that is a self contradictory statement. I wish I was there so I could ask you guys whether I really smacked you in the back of the head or not. I bet you would agree to an absolute reality before long under those circumstances. *Rolls eyes*

General readers:
To say there is no absolute truth is, in itself, a statement about absolute truth. That statement is self contradictory and disobeys the law of non-contradiction (something is itself and not something else).
Therefore (because of disjoint sets): There must be an absolute truth.

These are the first declarative statements I've made since picking up this discussion... I really enjoy hearing y'all's opinions. Otherwise, thanks for putting up with me.

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
warning: math major influenced post upcoming:

Chaddd: I agree with you 99%. the one percent disagreement is where you said that there wont always be things that can't be explained, because we keep learning things. If there is an infinite amount of information in the universe, there will always be things unexplained. Going from 3 to 4 puts you no closer to infinity than going from 1287 to 1288.

Otherwise I agree with you 100%. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Interesting how much we agree.

PB&J: Yes this is a discussion about the truth; no, we have not proven that -truth- and -bible- are synonyms. Trying to force people to believe that isn't going to accomplish anything, and holding a pity party for those who don't see it your way isn't going to set the universe in motion either. Sorry if I come off a lil harsh.

SleepyK and Prac: I will be d***ed if I went through a semester long "logic and proof" course in my math major to have anyone tell me nothing can be proven. There is an absolute truth-to say anything but that is a self contradictory statement. I wish I was there so I could ask you guys whether I really smacked you in the back of the head or not. I bet you would agree to an absolute reality before long under those circumstances. *Rolls eyes*

General readers:
To say there is no absolute truth is, in itself, a statement about absolute truth. That statement is self contradictory and disobeys the law of non-contradiction (something is itself and not something else).
Therefore (because of disjoint sets): There must be an absolute truth.

These are the first declarative statements I've made since picking up this discussion... I really enjoy hearing y'all's opinions. Otherwise, thanks for putting up with me.
"mmm, whatcha sayyy?"
exarch rules. <3

my opinion on religion is exactly that, my opinion. i think it is a little... ignorant? to put so much faith in something that no one knows exists for certain. But, that is the definition of faith, believing in something strongly, whether it's true or not. I'm just one of the many that can't bring myself to believe in something that isn't there, or no one knows of.

i'm not calling the people that believe ignorant, i'm sorry if that's how it came out of my mouth (fingers).

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
Cool deal. I was wondering about global warming too but you beat me to the edit button...

how do you think the universe was created then?
i have no clue.
when i said i had no knowledge of the big bang, i literally have almost no knowledge of it. as in, i can't tell you **** about it.

so i'll changed my phrase to "i can't say anything about it," rather than "i don't believe it."

Prac352

Smash Lord
Well this has nothing to do with the universe being created but there is an extremely big bang going on at 1:40 - 1:48 ......... also keep in mind me and ram argue alot because it is funny.... o yea and im an a**hole ;)

love you ram

o and btw after this ram destroyed me.... I am currently in a wheelchair with an eye patch.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dsebaQsSKRY
XD I less then three John. The funniest thing about this is that after it happens, everybody just stands there for a few seconds.

EDIT: Four seconds to be exact.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Attention Smashboards Customers:

Testicles.

That is all.

Actually no it isnt!! SleepyK sent me a Terry Bogard hat in the mail!!

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Personally, i have no idea how the universe was created, even though no one asked me lol =P I mean, i don't even fully understand bandwidth or BMW engines so the creation of everything. . . ever is a little out of my reach. Especially when the only thing we've had to rely on for a very long time was a collection of seemingly random and sometimes contradicting texts written by people who thought the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it. . . which was also flat. . . >_>

-Chad-

Slackerator
Hey Yang/Tom! I play Terry Bogardachu at the St. Louis tourny when I was being recorded, and I used the tag "RUOK" Hahah

I was gonna do the next match with "4TOM" but I forgot hahaha

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hey Yang/Tom! I play Terry Bogardachu at the St. Louis tourny when I was being recorded, and I used the tag "RUOK" Hahah

I was gonna do the next match with "4TOM" but I forgot hahaha
Haha!! Thats what Im talking bout Chad! HUZZAH!

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
hmmm sleepyK pwns my socks off :-p

but foremost im suge glad that God turned this thread back into Smash aid rather then Religion aid

:-X

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Man, I love you guys. All of you.

I don't know what it is, but every single one of you is super awesome.

Except Evil E.

Edit:

Yang, I hope you're enjoying your hat (as in, I hope it fits...hope ya like it...)

I'm going to use RUOK if you don't mind :D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yang, I hope you're enjoying your hat (as in, I hope it fits...hope ya like it...)

I'm going to use RUOK if you don't mind :D
Had a crew smashfest today -- didn't take the hat off. I have a Japan Puma jacket thats red and white, and this new Terry Bogard hat, and red and white headphones... haha I think I found my new colors.

Use RUOK!! Its the tag that spreads joy to the whole wor---CRACK SHOOT!!

Prac352

Smash Lord
I still have to get my hat battle on with dogy.

That's right Dogy, This **** is back on!

Top Bottom